NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 4.5 ) at Atlanta ( -4.5 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 4 ) at Utah ( -4 ) —- T: 225
    9:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• mbunner23

@Njsum1 said...

Makes sense.

As good a job as Atkinson has done Developing talent, that roster without KD was never going to be better than a 6th seed. If KD wants him out, he’s out.

There’s a team across town that can use a coach who knows how to develop talent, and would welcome the opportunity to even sniff the 8 seed. 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure Atkinson will be fine.

I can’t wait until next year when BKN is a 4 seed and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs with KD and Kyrie.

• ripking

Can norman powell continue this incredible run? If so, I think he will outscore any of the charlotte guards at 1/3 the ownership.

• jayzee666

@Njsum1 said...

Side strategy note….Going back to players in equally good spots, who I was heavy on the previous game where they let me down, has been A successful play.

I’m sure many of you do this, yet it’s tough to do. If you have a problem doing this you should work on it. I used to have a problem with it, which is why I’m posting about it.

The reason it works, is because you normally get the same player at either a reduced price or reduced ownership. Sometimes both

Two recent examples of players who i was heavy on, and underperformed in the 1st matchup, who I went back heavy on in the second….

Sabonis versus Chicago…44 DK for 8700. (Not Terrible)..19% ownership
    Sabonis versus Dallas…..53 DK for 8700 8% ownership (smaller slate too)

Dejounte Murray versus Brooklyn…17 DK for 5800 4.3% ownership…(complete bust)
    Dejounte Murray versus Cleveland….49 DK for 5500 6% ownership

I find that a player that busts in a super great spot is usually in my LU. They usually stop busting when they are not in my LU. I use them 3-4 games in a row, a bust fest. the 5th game where I don’t use them…ceiling game!
    Or the rare occasion where they don’t bust?? I cause the the 7 other players in my LU to bust and the vicious cycle continues.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Makes sense.

As good a job as Atkinson has done Developing talent, that roster without KD was never going to be better than a 6th seed. If KD wants him out, he’s out.

There’s a team across town that can use a coach who knows how to develop talent, and would welcome the opportunity to even sniff the 8 seed. 🤷‍♂️ I’m sure Atkinson will be fine.

Yeah, I have no doubt Atkinson will get a job somewhere else next season and do well.

Nets will hire someone with inflated experience that makes them look better than they are ( Lue or Mark Jackson). They’ll then proceed to trade off every piece that KD and Kyrie don’t like (Allen, Prince for sure). Eventually with KD’s slow reacclimation from injury and Kyrie’s attitude, there will be disharmony leading to infighting and everyone hating Kyrie.

• Wooden_Bones

@Pandamonious said...

This Raptors west coast trip and getting injury news way after lock has been fairly brutal.

It’ll be especially brutal on a 3 game slate like today.

I have a lot of interest in Lowry today, but if FVV is back I’m much less interested. Not a lot of wiggle room on DK once the CHA/ATL game is locked. And, on FD all I’ve been able to do is take an educated guess on TOR each night. I feel pretty stuck today.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

If the Santa Cruz Warriors were able to beat the Nuggets at home, surely even a Giannis-less Bucks can beat them.
    Or at least not get blown out.

Well, I watched an undermanned Denver team come into MILWAUKEE and beat the Bucks rather handily about 6 weeks ago. As you saw yesterday against Phoenix, Bucks defense takes a huge hit when Giannis isn’t on the court. Bledsoe and Middleton will probably get theirs, I just don’t see them being able to score enough to keep pace with Denver

• Wooden_Bones

@tmarohl said...

Well, I watched an undermanned Denver team come into MILWAUKEE and beat the Bucks rather handily about 6 weeks ago. As you saw yesterday against Phoenix, Bucks defense takes a huge hit when Giannis isn’t on the court. Bledsoe and Middleton will probably get theirs, I just don’t see them being able to score enough to keep pace with Denver

Yeah, but now you have Marvin Williams!

EDIT: I just looked up his price on DK… $5K! Yikes.

• Pandamonious

@tmarohl said...

Denver isn’t going to try to push it though. They haven’t been that great lately defensively either. I would agree Denver wins, but probably not in a landslide. 120-110 range seems right.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

So…what your saying here is Murray, Millsap, and Barton FTW?

Jazzzzzzzzzz
    🎷🎵🎶

• Ace15

Pretty straightforward to me. Lock in Middleton/Bledsoe. No FVV, lock in Powell. Bridges is in a smash spot and will be low -owned. Mix and match Nuggets guys, you hit the right ones then you’ll be at the top.

• telestraightshooter

@gaelicgirl said...

It would appear the board’s suspicions about the Atkinson firing were correct.

“The decision to bring Jordan off the bench in favor of Allen caused consternation. While Jordan publicly said the right things, he signed in Brooklyn with the assumption of being a starter next to Irving and Durant.”
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879971-nets-rumors-kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-never-connected-with-kenny-atkinson

it’s a players league…..
    … and Atkinson’s “level of rigidity” did not mix well w/ Nets new big 3…..
    … like mandatory team events away from BB court….
    ….. w/ these 2 Prima Donnas & “their own” schedule

• Wooden_Bones

@Ace15 said...

Pretty straightforward to me. Lock in Middleton/Bledsoe. No FVV, lock in Powell. Bridges is in a smash spot and will be low -owned. Mix and match Nuggets guys, you hit the right ones then you’ll be at the top.

I can’t disagree that Bridges is in a good spot, but I keep going back and forth between him and Washington, on DK (basically the same price). Any reason for Bridges over Washington?

• frugal

@Wooden_Bones said...

I can’t disagree that Bridges is in a good spot, but I keep going back and forth between him and Washington, on DK (basically the same price). Any reason for Bridges over Washington?

Rotate in both if you’re multi-entering. ATL makes pretty much all opponents look like All-Stars.

• telestraightshooter

@866 said...

Jazzzzzzzzzz
    🎷🎵🎶

Have you ever heard Utah Jazz?

My understanding is Billie Holiday never stepped foot in Utah.

• Herf

@telestraightshooter said...

Clearly you have never listened to Thurl Bailey’s Christmas album.

• Pandamonious

Are you claiming the Mormons didn’t invent Jazz?

• Ace15

@Wooden_Bones said...

Any reason for Bridges over Washington?

I think I prefer Bridges because he can do a little bit of everything. PJ is pretty reliant on having that 3 ball hit. Miles should be able to get peripherals and whatever he wants. Like Frugal said, if you’re multi-entering just rotate both. It’s so tedious and feels like you’re burning bankroll, but if you have the bankroll I’d do it.

• emnj69

nets coach not a bad coach-pretty bad when guys that are not even playing are calling the shots for the nets-there is no way the nets will win with kyrie and kd u can take that to the bank-no matter who is coaching them-

• Wooden_Bones

@Ace15 said...

I think I prefer Bridges because he can do a little bit of everything. PJ is pretty reliant on having that 3 ball hit. Miles should be able to get peripherals and whatever he wants. Like Frugal said, if you’re multi-entering just rotate both. It’s so tedious and feels like you’re burning bankroll, but if you have the bankroll I’d do it.

Eh, that was my first thought. I’m not crazy about multi-entering on tonight’s slate, but I might… it’s still early. If I’m still undecided close to lock, I usually decide this sort of thing by seeing who correlates better with the other players I’m using from their team.

These small slates give me too much time to overthink things.

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

Are you claiming the Mormons didn’t invent Jazz?

the closest thing to indigenous “Utah Jazz” is whiteBread roots in Irish fiddle music that moved west 150 years ago.

• Njsum1

@Wooden_Bones said...

Eh, that was my first thought. I’m not crazy about multi-entering on tonight’s slate, but I might… it’s still early. If I’m still undecided close to lock, I usually decide this sort of thing by seeing who correlates better with the other players I’m using from their team.

These small slates give me too much time to overthink things.

PJ floor seems safe if he doesn’t get into foul trouble…Bridges minutes are down but if he’s hit and the coach gives him run he has more upside.

PJ has upside too

• Pandamonious

the closest thing to indigenous “Utah Jazz” is whiteBread roots in Irish fiddle music that moved west 150 years ago.

Well, that’s something.

I don’t know. LA Lakers doesn’t make a lot of sense either. I guess back in the day when teams moved they didn’t like to change names.

• Wooden_Bones

@Njsum1 said...

PJ floor seems safe if he doesn’t get into foul trouble…Bridges minutes are down but if he’s hit and the coach gives him run he has more upside.

PJ has upside too

So, what I’m getting from this is…

• dominicanpapi

If Bledsoe has twice the ownership of Rozier, but Bledsoe is projected to score…IDK….3 more fantasy points wouldn’t you just go with Rozier in this case? Only making a couple of lineups on FD, but I’m trying to find the edge even if it’s only a 3 game slate. I’m still playing Middleton because you pretty much have to, especially if FVV is out. Plus the Hornets have a much better matchup.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).