• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 14.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -14.5 ) —- T: 224
    5:00 PM EST : Atlanta ( 4.5 ) at Chicago ( -4.5 ) —- T: 203
    6:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 2.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -2.5 ) —- T: 223
    8:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 12 ) at Minnesota ( -12 ) —- T: 209
    10:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 12 ) at Portland ( -12 ) —- T: 222

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Inujv87

What were the DK 50/50 cash lines?

• moped_jones

@superstars92 said...

Nice job man.

Tomorrow early slate, Westbrook’s gonna be like 100% owned. He is so easy to fit with all the value plays. I never even play Westbrook that much, but I think I have to tomorrow.

I do have a FD LU that I kind of like that has RWB, Walker, and Leonard. I’ll have to read the injury reports for tomorrow, but yes, it seems like there will be a ton of value. I like my early slate lineup better than my main slate and that almost never happens.

Also baseball starts tomorrow. I hope I am better at it than last year. I have a few strategies I want to try.

1. pick visiting team playing at coors field
    2. try to find #1 pitchers going against 2,3,4,5’s
    3. try to pick Kris Bryant when he goes 5 for 5 with 3 HRs and 2 doubles.

:)

• eleanorRigby

Congrats to all the big winners. I had Leonard.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Why did you get a turnover in that last possession Booker!!!!! All you had to do was dribble it out or try to get a garbage time bucket! I would’ve beat the 299.90 train that I saw often in my cash games!!!! But that fricken last second turnover dropped me down to 298.70 where it barely fell short on cashing! I am so frustrated right now! 4 night losing streak!!!! Is this fun? Eff no!!!!!!!!!

Eff you CJ McCollum!!!!! You just had to go off tonight did you? I played you on your last two trolling bust games. I couldn’t take it anymore and you decide to go off and save all the people who pivoted down from Devin Booker! Eff you!

Don’t understand this line of thinking. Why didn’t you play both Booker and McCollum? They were the only shooting guards you could even roster on this slate and they both hit or exceeded value.

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Don’t understand this line of thinking. Why didn’t you play both Booker and McCollum? They were the only shooting guards you could even roster on this slate and they both hit or exceeded value.

I went Payton/Ulis/Booker/Fournier/Warren/Hollis-Jefferson/Gordon/Aminu/Towns.

You see where I had to make a sacrifice on? There was no way I was going to get trapped into playing Myers Leonard. Can’t believe Vonleh went off though but no one expected him to go off. So the only guy(s) who literally killed me in that lineup were Towns obviously and RHJ. I faded Ross because he’s too shot dependent and went with a guy who can rack up peripheral stats. Unfortunately, RHJ could not rack up peripheral stats tonight and only took 2 shot attempts. Just my luck.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

I went Payton/Ulis/Booker/Fournier/Warren/Hollis-Jefferson/Gordon/Aminu/Towns.

You see where I had to make a sacrifice on? There was no way I was going to get trapped into playing Myers Leonard. Can’t believe Vonleh went off though but no one expected him to go off. So the only guy(s) who literally killed me in that lineup were Towns obviously and RHJ. I faded Ross because he’s too shot dependent and went with a guy who can rack up peripheral stats. Unfortunately, RHJ could not rack up peripheral stats and only took 2 shot attempts. Just my luck.

Oh, I thought you were talking the late night slate. On the main slate I went with Booker and Fournier in one, and Booker and McCollum in three others. Towns was your problem. Should have played Brook Lopez or Vucevic and you wouldn’t have had an issue. Towns was an outright terrible play tonight. You can’t pay 10.6 for Towns. Did you think he was going to put up a 60 burger or something?

• chronoxiong

@tmarohl said...

Oh, I thought you were talking the late night slate. On the main slate I went with Booker and Fournier in one, and Booker and McCollum in three others. Towns was your problem. Should have played Brook Lopez or Vucevic and you wouldn’t have had an issue. Towns was an outright terrible play tonight. You can’t pay 10.6 for Towns. Did you think he was going to put up a 60 burger or something?

Towns put up 54 fdp in their previous meeting a few nights after Boogie was traded away. He was a no brainer and I’m sure many others thought the same. He was highly owned in many of the games I was in. Those who are trying to say Towns did not make sense as a play, give me a fricken break. It’s just unfortunate many players went off in that Magic/Nets game. As unfortunate as CJ McCollum going off after killing me two out of his last three games.

• tmarohl

@chronoxiong said...

Towns put up 54 fdp in their previous meeting a few nights after Boogie was traded away. He was a no brainer and I’m sure many others thought the same. He was highly owned in many of the games I was in. Those who are trying to see Towns did not make sense as a play, give me a fricken break. It’s just unfortunate many players went off in that Magic/Nets game. As unfortunate as CJ McCollum going off after killing me two out of his last three games.

I’m sorry, that is why you are losing. Towns was an outright stupid play in this slate. You have to look at the slate better. There were only a couple of shooting guards, and they were both in a pace up game. Who did you think was going to pick up Nurkic’s slack on Portland. You knew it wasn’t going to be Meyers Leonard. That alone should have steered you to McCollum. I mean come on. You had Lopez at 7K going up against Orlando. You had Vucevic going up against Brook Lopez. Both guys jumped off the page as more obvious plays than Towns. What I am saying is, the dropoff points wise from Towns to Vucevic or Lopez, was not as severe as the expected point dropoff between McCollum, Booker, and the other shooting guards in this slate.

• RobertoTomba

@tmarohl said...

I’m sorry, that is why you are losing. Towns was an outright stupid play in this slate. You have to look at the slate better. There were only a couple of shooting guards, and they were both in a pace up game. Who did you think was going to pick up Nurkic’s slack on Portland. You knew it wasn’t going to be Meyers Leonard. That alone should have steered you to McCollum. I mean come on. You had Lopez at 7K going up against Orlando. You had Vucevic going up against Brook Lopez. Both guys jumped off the page as more obvious plays than Towns. What I am saying is, the dropoff points wise from Towns to Vucevic or Lopez, was not as severe as the expected point dropoff between McCollum, Booker, and the other shooting guards in this slate.

“Stupid” is harsh, but it wasn’t the best play. Lopez was the best play going in, but I’ve been burned by him recently, and I had to convince myself to go with him one more time. I didn’t think I could trust that he’d get back to form. I’m glad I did. It wasn’t until I convinced myself that Lillard and McCollum were essential plays in all formats – which cost me too much to afford Towns – that I put Lopez in.

Personal feelings about players f* up your decision making, but I still do it. McCollum was a player I swore I’d never use again: he’s always returning 3.5x when I roster him. Glad I got over that tonight, too.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

“Stupid” is harsh, but it wasn’t the best play. Lopez was the best play going in, but I’ve been burned by him recently, and I had to convince myself to go with him one more time. I didn’t think I could trust that he’d get back to form. I’m glad I did. It wasn’t until I convinced myself that Lillard and McCollum were essential plays in all formats – which cost me too much to afford Towns – that I put Lopez in.

Personal feelings about players f* up your decision making, but I still do it. McCollum was a player I swore I’d never use again: he’s always returning 3.5x when I roster him. Glad I got over that tonight, too.

You are right, stupid is too harsh. 62.9% of the field played Towns. The opportunity cost of playing Towns though was too great, because the dropoff was more severe at other positions.

• tmarohl

@RobertoTomba said...

That was quite the game last night between your Pistons and my Bucks.

• sunchips666

“Personal feelings about players f* up your decision making”

this is so true, which is why the guys winning most nights dont pick their lineups by hand, they go with the data

i always see the people entering single bullets here posting about “do not play lists” and “he sucks every time i play him!” and they let their emotions interfere with making a solid play just because they got screwed by that player before

• TnCowboy

Beat DFS shark, ChipolteAddict, tonight in a Main h2h and he had KAT as well. Although I played Vuc for the reasons you stated, stupid is harsh, especially when 60%+ played him in all 3 main FD GPP’s I was in.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think Towns was a stupid play, although the other centers made more sense in the slate. In the Yahoo GPP he was the second most owned center (the first being Dwight). In fact, almost twice as many players had Towns than Vuc or Lopez.

Let’s say KAT scores 50 points while players like Payton and Aaron Gordon don’t break out and the other viable centers each finish around 35 points. Then you have an advantage. In a short slate, it counts. You’re paying up for that 45-50 points anticipating major and unexpected dropoffs from highly owned players. Who would be surprised if Schroeder or Payton coughed up 20 points?

NBA at this point is ALL about speculative plays. I don’t think there’s anything such as “this player makes zero sense tonight” KAT is a second tier stud and capable of 60 points. I play Vuc, Gobert, Deandre and Howard A LOT and they’ll usually toggle between 30-45 points. When you don’t get anymore than that, than your lineup will usually tread water because they’re so highly owned.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

I don’t think Towns was a stupid play, although the other centers made more sense in the slate. In the Yahoo GPP he was the second most owned center (the first being Dwight). In fact, almost twice as many players had Towns than Vuc or Lopez.

Let’s say KAT scores 50 points while players like Payton and Aaron Gordon don’t break out and the other viable centers each finish around 35 points. Then you have an advantage. In a short slate, it counts. You’re paying up for that 45-50 points anticipating major and unexpected dropoffs from highly owned players. Who would be surprised if Schroeder or Payton coughed up 20 points?

NBA at this point is ALL about speculative plays. I don’t think there’s anything such as “this player makes zero sense tonight” KAT is a second tier stud and capable of 60 points. I play Vuc, Gobert, Deandre and Howard A LOT and they’ll usually toggle between 30-45 points. When you don’t get anymore than that, than your lineup will usually tread water because they’re so highly owned.

Capable yes, but when was the last time he did it? Every slate is different. For instance, in the late slate he made perfect sense, because your choice was him or Papagiannis. In the main slate, he did not make sense because you had to punt about two other positions to fit him in.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

Capable yes, but when was the last time he did it? Every slate is different. For instance, in the late slate he made perfect sense, because your choice was him or Papagiannis. In the main slate, he did not make sense because you had to punt about two other positions to fit him in.

Yeah, but NBA lineups are so fluid now that two punts can combine for 60 plus points easy. Jeremy Lin, Aaron Gordon, Mirotic et al are all priced under 20 bucks at Yahoo. Rondo is 21 bucks.

He was a bad play in hindsight, but that’s always 20/20. A lot of people were on Howard because he was hot, and others went for KAT because wanted that sure 45 to 50 points from that center spot. Lopez could very easily score 25 points because he doesn’t rebound a lot. Vuc is sort of in that DJ range – safe floor, reasonably high upside.

There were probably 4 proven centers at play, with Alex Len, Leonard and Noah Vonleh rounding out the cheap options. I don’t see any scenario where only 5-10% of the field would take KAT. You sort of have to take chance on him, don’t you think? The other centers are dependent on double double stats and when that doesn’t fill up they come up short. KAT has game beyond the post and he does a little bit of everything.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Yeah, but NBA lineups are so fluid now that two punts can combine for 60 plus points easy. Jeremy Lin, Aaron Gordon, Mirotic et al are all priced under 20 bucks at Yahoo. Rondo is 21 bucks.

He was a bad play in hindsight, but that’s always 20/20. A lot of people were on Howard because he was hot, and others went for KAT because wanted that sure 45 to 50 points from that center spot. Lopez could very easily score 25 points because he doesn’t rebound a lot. Vuc is sort of in that DJ range – safe floor, reasonably high upside.

There were probably 4 proven centers at play, with Alex Len, Leonard and Noah Vonleh rounding out the cheap options. I don’t see any scenario where only 5-10% of the field would take KAT. You sort of have to take chance on him, don’t you think? The other centers are dependent on double double stats and when that doesn’t fill up they come up short. KAT has game beyond the post and he does a little bit of everything.

I don’t know anything about Yahoo pricing. I’m just saying he did not make sense on FD. I guess I am the dumb one though because 60% of the field thought he did. I thought Towns would score 45-50. I thought both Vucevic and Lopez would score 35-40. On a different slate Towns would have made sense. He just didn’t in my opinion on this one.

Tomorrow a bunch of people will roster Lebron at 10.7K. Same thing. No upside at that price. If Lebron has a great game he may put up 60. If he has a usual game he will put up 48-52. He will still be highly owned and I can get those points elsewhere.

• Alphamed

Had a 329 lineup with Tyreke Evans in it lol. Fell asleep for a nap and forgot to take him out… oh well

• RobertoTomba

@tmarohl said...

That was quite the game last night between your Pistons and my Bucks.

Except for the ending, yes. LOL

Seriously, it’s good to see the Pistons starting to figure things out again offensively. Or, I should say, it’s good to see Ish is the undisputed starter. Same thing.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).