8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Charlotte ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Bababui

Last day of the year madness. Remember, one year ago Markelle Fultz had a triple double on this day… Buckle up boys, it’s going to be a wild one.

• Kmasonbx

Insane that if Paul George misses that shot last night Houston is the 2 seed and now they are very likely to fall to the 4 seed and now OKC will get the 6 seed as long as they beat Milwaukee’s JV squad and possibly be favorites over Portland in the 1st round.

• superjon

Only playing the 3 game late slate tonight. Hopefully I’ll have most of the news by then.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

So, in the East Miami is done. The top 5 seeds are set. Nets and Magic are just fighting for seeding. Pistons are fighting to stay in and Hornets are fighting to get in.

In the West Warriors and Jazz are locked in to their seeding. Denver has to win to stay in the 2nd seed. Blazers will move to #3 if they win. Spurs can still get the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed so I’m guessing they’ll really want to win to avoid the Warriors in the 1st round. Same with the Clips who can still move up to 7th from 8 with a win and spurs loss, but they should know their fate by time their game starts, so they could opt to sit guys. Thunder are currently 6th and could fall to 7th with a lose and Spurs win.

I think that covers it.

• Tajtrivedi

@Kmasonbx said...

Insane that if Paul George misses that shot last night Houston is the 2 seed and now they are very likely to fall to the 4 seed and now OKC will get the 6 seed as long as they beat Milwaukee’s JV squad and possibly be favorites over Portland in the 1st round.

That felt like a playoff game for sure. What an exciting finish! Hoping my Spurs can avoid the 8th spot.

• Kmasonbx

@Pandamonious said...

So, in the East Miami is done. The top 5 seeds are set. Nets and Magic are just fighting for seeding. Pistons are fighting to stay in and Hornets are fighting to get in.

In the West Warriors and Jazz are locked in to their seeding. Denver has to win to stay in the 2nd seed. Blazers will move to #3 if they win. Spurs can still get the 6th, 7th, or 8th seed so I’m guessing they’ll really want to win to avoid the Warriors in the 1st round. Same with the Clips who can still move up to 7th from 8 with a win and spurs loss, but they should know their fate by time their game starts, so they could opt to sit guys. Thunder are currently 6th and could fall to 7th with a lose and Spurs win.

I think that covers it.

Everyone wants to play Portland in the 1st round. Utah hoping Portland loses tonight, OKC hoping Portland wins, Spurs hoping Portland wins and OKC loses.

• sox9

@Kmasonbx said...

So with LAC playing late and SA likely to beat DAL——OKC has to feel it’s a must-win to avoid the Warriors in Round One? They will likely blow-out and rest guys, so hard to play anyone of them, but interesting nonetheless. LAC and SA have real incentive to win as well. Does DEN still look to tank and therefore play Monte and Beasley close to 30 minutes each? Quinn Cook gets 30+ minutes? Drummond or Vucevic or dip down to Zeller? Play Mario off illness if he is a go and Griffin sits? Only doing cash games. Lots of value: Ish, Frazier, DJ, Zeller, . If you are Chipolte you can put together 150-200 LUs I suppose and take down a GPP.

• Kmasonbx

@sox9 said...

So with LAC playing late and SA likely to beat DAL——OKC has to feel it’s a must-win to avoid the Warriors in Round One? They will likely blow-out and rest guys, so hard to play anyone of them, but interesting nonetheless. LAC and SA have real incentive to win as well. Does DEN still look to tank and therefore play Monte and Beasley close to 30 minutes each? Quinn Cook gets 30+ minutes? Drummond or Vucevic or dip down to Zeller? Play Mario off illness if he is a go and Griffin sits? Only doing cash games. Lots of value: Ish, Frazier, DJ, Zeller, . If you are Chipolte you can put together 150-200 LUs I suppose and take down a GPP.

I actually don’t think the Clippers care. They’ve been resting guys and limiting minutes. They didn’t expect to make the playoffs to begin the season and when they traded Harris it was with the idea they were going to fall out of the playoffs but they just kept winning. They don’t seem to have any illusion that they can make a playoff run.

• sox9

@Kmasonbx said...

I actually don’t think the Clippers care. They’ve been resting guys and limiting minutes. They didn’t expect to make the playoffs to begin the season and when they traded Harris it was with the idea they were going to fall out of the playoffs but they just kept winning. They don’t seem to have any illusion that they can make a playoff run.

plus they will know their fate before game time, but after lock as I play FD—-so yeah, off the Clips. SA, I worry about getting Popped, a blow-out, resting guys and spreading the ball everywhere. LMA too high a cost given the alternatives. OKC blows out too.

• sox9

CHA may know their fate during game time if Blake rallies and DET hammers the Knicks early. CHA players expensive as well given the situation.

• aus1032

@sox9 said...

If Thunder win:
    DEN win, POR win: OKC vs POR
    DEN win, POR loss: OKC vs HOU
    DEN loss, POR win: OKC vs DEN
    DEN loss, POR loss: OKC vs DEN

If Thunder lose:

SAS win, LAC win: OKC 8 seed
    SAS win, LAC loss: OKC 7 seed
    SAS loss, LAC win: OKC 6 seed
    SAS loss, LAC loss: OKC 6 seed

as you mentioned, okc (outside of Westbrook lol) probably not looking to play gs first round so I think either wb or pg are a lock

• aus1032

@sox9 said...

CHA may know their fate during game time if Blake rallies and DET hammers the Knicks early. CHA players expensive as well given the situation.

for what it’s worth, DSJ was quoted as saying “We wanna keep they ass out” (pistons) to a beat writer. So, wouldn’t count out the knicks even if Blake does play. And plus they looked absolutely terrible last night and deserved to lose

• sox9

ORL to rest guys or want to avoid MIL in the first round and play starters full minutes?

• sox9

@aus1032 said...

If Thunder win:
    DEN win, POR win: OKC vs POR
    DEN win, POR loss: OKC vs HOU
    DEN loss, POR win: OKC vs DEN
    DEN loss, POR loss: OKC vs DEN

If Thunder lose:

SAS win, LAC win: OKC 8 seed
    SAS win, LAC loss: OKC 7 seed
    SAS loss, LAC win: OKC 6 seed
    SAS loss, LAC loss: OKC 6 seed

as you mentioned, okc (outside of Westbrook lol) probably not looking to play gs first round so I think either wb or pg are a lock

if MILW rests starters, that game is over by half-time

• sox9

@aus1032 said...

for what it’s worth, DSJ was quoted as saying “We wanna keep they ass out” (pistons) to a beat writer. So, wouldn’t count out the knicks even if Blake does play. And plus they looked absolutely terrible last night and deserved to lose

good point, that CH/ORL game may be worth targeting if those teams see DET as vulnerable and Blake is limited. Just hated Kemba seeing 27 minutes last night and feel burned—- proly cost me a couple hundred dollars. Not sure I can go back to the well, but it might be a good move

• dominicanpapi

@sox9 said...

good point, that CH/ORL game may be worth targeting if those teams see DET as vulnerable and Blake is limited. Just hated Kemba seeing 27 minutes last night and feel burned—- proly cost me a couple hundred dollars. Not sure I can go back to the well, but it might be a good move

This legitimately might be Kemba’s last home game as a Hornet. On top of that, they’re fighting for the playoffs. I’m all in.

• dominicanpapi

Vuc questionable.

Green/Cousins/Curry out, Klay/Durant questionable.

• Kmasonbx

@dominicanpapi said...

This legitimately might be Kemba’s last home game as a Hornet. On top of that, they’re fighting for the playoffs. I’m all in.

If it’s Kemba’s last home game with the Hornets it would be because he doesn’t want to be there anymore so I don’t think it would have special meaning to him.

• Njsum1

This slate is no average dumpster fire, it’s a straight runaway dumpster fire..
    Yet if you’re going to go digging in the trash…I’d start by looking at the Warriors as I don’t think a starter is going to see a single minute after curry got hurt last night.

Also, I’ve got a feeling Aaron Holiday, might get a start versus Atlanta, which could only mean good times.

• aus1032

Yeah…doubt Kemba’s going anywhere lol he’s stated multiple times he’s doesn’t want to be anywhere else, he just built a house here, etc. The speculation about him leaving is strictly big market teams thinking everyone is obssessed with coming to play for their terrible teams (lakers, knicks, etc.) and that they’re going to get him

That being said I think kemba crushes tonight but at 9.5 on dk I do have some reeservations

• ushook

Here we go. Looks like all the warriors will be resting and Vuc is Q.

• damionismyname

@Njsum1 said...

This slate is no average dumpster fire, it’s a straight runaway dumpster fire..
    Yet if you’re going to go digging in the trash…I’d start by looking at the Warriors as I don’t think a starter is going to see a single minute after curry got hurt last night.

Also, I’ve got a feeling Aaron Holiday, might get a start versus Atlanta, which could only mean good times.

looking at Indy bench players, Sabonis may be a good play as well as Tyreke. They cant move from their playoff spot so should be some good value.

• ASitar

If Luke Kornet starts……

• fleishmo6

Got him, Kornet penciled in along with Sampson against the sixers again

• captainwacky

@damionismyname said...

looking at Indy bench players, Sabonis may be a good play as well as Tyreke. They cant move from their playoff spot so should be some good value.

Tried to iterate this yesterday with Rozier and Brown— it’s not the main bench guys you want on huge rest nights. It’s the 3rd string. You want Holiday, Leaf, O’quinn, etc.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.