8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Charlotte ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Benf15harp

@mtjroto79 said...

Portland must want to play Utah, but wouldn’t Oklahoma be a piece of cake

Imma need dame to show me something in the playoffs this year

Dude was locked up last postseason

• sox9

@sox9 said...

There is deliberate tanking all over the league

under the guise of “resting players”. What the fcuk are they paying Adam Silver for anyway?

• tmarohl

@866 said...

Never seen a guy play a whole half. Why these 2 guys.

Tim Frazier played a whole game plus overtime, 53 minutes in Atlanta a few weeks ago. He played 48 tonight. Two other Bucks played 47 minutes and 45 tonight. That dude from the Lakers played almost the whole game last night. It happens when they let the scrubs run.

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

why is Harrison Barnes, a vet, playing full minutes in a meaningless game?

Because he is a meaningless player.

• gaelicgirl

@Benf15harp said...

Imma need dame to show me something in the playoffs this year

Dude was locked up last postseason

Portland gonna be

• sox9

tanking for a preferred playoff position, tanking to improve draft odds after being eliminated from the playoffs. The team with the best record that does not otherwise make the playoffs should get the first draft pick automatically. The second best non-playoff record should get the second pick and so on.

• Danielv22

The key was figuring out how the 8 pm games affected the 1030 games.. then combining that with schedule preference variance and unquantifiable 3rd string talent. Duh people

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

tanking for a preferred playoff position, tanking to improve draft odds after being eliminated from the playoffs. The team with the best record that does not otherwise make the playoffs should get the first draft pick automatically. The second best non-playoff record should get the second pick and so on.

Denver blows. They might lose in the first round. Joker is the most over rated player in the league.

• tmarohl

Damn, wish I would have kept Skal and Simmons in my dummy lineups.

A Simons 0.6% in the $15 LATE. Almost played.. but I left already 5000 on the table. Who knew he’d play an entire half? Noone. Was afraid what SAC would do and faded minus Bagley. Wow. Unbelievable end to Season

• tmarohl

@866 said...

A Simons 0.6% in the $15. Almost played.. but I left already 5000 on the table. Who knew he’d play an entire half? Noone.

He is going to play all 48

• zpa1989

crazy how i got just about every correct player right across my 50 lineups but will still loose all my money because of a tad too much bledsoe, middleton, o’quinn and hezonja.

wish i knew bledsoe and middleton were not going to play much? was it ever formally announced or did people just assume? and of course, they were right. why the hell would the models and projections like them so much? i don’t get it.

unlucky and frustrating

playoffs around the corner, so this madness will be over soon

Play all 48 at 0.6%.. and playing well. A dream scenario…. had the POR broadcast pregame available on the car radio here.. never listened. Probably news was there.

Beverly only 3.1% goes absolutely bananas 1st H. Wow.

All I can say is excited for the 3 and 4 Game Playoff Slates.. hopefully much tighter pricing and lower scoring pace…. where things make more sense. The Baseball pricing has been extremely tight this year. Low cash lines.

• midnightblitz

@Unico10 said...

Have a lineup looking not half bad with Curry/Hood/Turner

What was I thinking? Didn’t I mention I hate Stotts?

Stotts, drop dead you mfcs!!!!

• Yeoman

@Benf15harp said...

Live look at Quinn’s defense LOL

I think the lesson from today is that the real value is across from the “value.” The last time Memphis scored 132 in regulation was one week into Obama’s first term. Atlanta had 135. Sacramento had 87 at halftime. Forget the $3k guys, play their opponents.

• damionismyname

@866 said...

All I can say is excited for the 3 and 4 Game Playoff Slates.. hopefully much tighter pricing and lower scoring pace…. where things make more sense. The Baseball pricing has been extremely tight this year. Low cash lines.

yeah I like the playoff slates as you know who’s playing and just have to get creative with you punts and you can cash nicely. Can’t wait. The only thing is the max entry guys and and smaller slates.

• gaelicgirl

Yeah, I’m so not playing on the last day next season LMAO…I’ll be lucky to break even tonight.

Have to make the numbers fit better with the tighter pricing. Guess I got lucky when I had my 1 “big win” for 2000 in December with 327.5 Pts on D K. Prefer when 330s WINS.

• Mr_tjRoto

@tmarohl said...

Because he is a meaningless player.

The coaches get told by upstairs execs who to play and not play.
    They hang onto their prize princesses (Rookies), so to avoid injuring their future careers (ticket sales) and/or prevent injury to prop up their trade bait.

Low-mid range vets come a dime a dozen.
    The top 20 hall of fame to be elite veterans of course will not play.

Then there’s this thing called G-League where you can throw any old chap out onto the court while you save your princesses (ie Bulls – Lavine & Dunn).

I agree Harrison Barnes is one of the worst sf/pf’s of all time among those who played on an nba championship teams and of course he ranks right there with Andrew Wiggins as one of those players who if put up 27 points, it would go unnoticed.

And most importantly HB is one of the worst of all time pp$ DFS producers and ranks only behind Klay Thompson and aforementioned Wiggins

• Yeoman

@866 said...

Never seen a guy play a whole half. Why these 2 guys.

Wilt averaged more than 48 minutes per game in 61-62. Think about that…

• damionismyname

I got my sg’s wrong or i’d be winning 20k? had skal and everything…smh

• tmarohl

@zpa1989 said...

crazy how i got just about every correct player right across my 50 lineups but will still loose all my money because of a tad too much bledsoe, middleton, o’quinn and hezonja.

wish i knew bledsoe and middleton were not going to play much? was it ever formally announced or did people just assume? and of course, they were right. why the hell would the models and projections like them so much? i don’t get it.

unlucky and frustrating

playoffs around the corner, so this madness will be over soon

Because the models are just based on the guesses of whomever is inputting the data.

If you would have listened to me all day, I told everyone that would listen that guys like Frazier and Colson were going to play the whole game, and that Bledsoe and Middleton were not going to see more than cursory minutes. I based this on following the team all year and particularly what they did in Atlanta a few weeks ago when they were resting guys. The NBA has a rule that you have to have a certain number of active players. Just because someone is active doesn’t mean they are going to play. You can play with a five man rotation but you still have to have other guys active in case of injuries, foul outs, ejections, etc.

This is when the forum is at it’s best, because people who somewhat know specific teams post nuggets of information. In summary, the models are good middle of the season, when they are just functions of teams normal rotations and minutes played, but when you get down to this time of year, you really have to pay attention to what teams are doing. The models will be good in the playoffs when minutes and usage are predicatable, but they are pretty useless the last week of the NBA season.

• tonytone1908

Easy money for the MME guys the last couple nights I’m sure. I was on pretty much everyone in the late slate that’s doing well but there’s no way I would’ve ever got the right combo. Not over yet but the winner probably left a good chunk on the table. I would’ve killed to be able to do at least 10 entries for the FD late slate. Looking forward to the playoffs. I feel like I always do better in the playoffs, any sport. Must be a lot more fish throwing some bucks in for fun? I like to believe that it’s all the work put in through the year finally paying dividends. Honestly I feel like I change my process for some reason and then lose it for lack of practice when the next year rolls around. Finally starts clicking, then the season is over and whatever I was doing just gets lost in the ether.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).