8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Charlotte ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• aus1032

Pacers really gonna make me play koq

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

You are not missing anything. Bledsoe and Middleton are priced high enough that you would want more than 20 minutes of them. I’m saying guys like Frazier and Colson might play the entire game at very cheap salaries.

I think they may both hit the upper 20’s closer to 30 and their usage is going to be sky high. Could just leave a ton of money on the table tonight. Don’t know yet.

• tmarohl

Fire up Kyle O’Quinn. Turner, Sabonis, Thad Young and Bojan just ruled out.

• ripking

Was last night the night to play dirk and dwade or will they give it another go?

• frugal

@Yeoman said...

If they do play an 8-man rotation and are forced to play Bledsoe and Middleton, why wouldn’t they give them 7th/8th-man run and wear out the guys that aren’t going to see heavy playoff minutes? I wouldn’t expect anyone to play the whole 48 but I don’t see any reason not to give Frazier 36 to Bledsoe’s 12.

Perhaps true, but teams get 3 days off prior to the playoffs starting. Also, I think teams don’t want to totally alienate their fans with scrub city for 48 minutes at home.

• frugal

@ripking said...

Was last night the night to play dirk and dwade or will they give it another go?

Full disclosure, Mavs homer and I have to lock in Dirk on principle alone.

Dirk is playing tonight. I doubt a repeat of what he did last night as I don’t know if he’ll have the energy. That said, SAS was seen as DAL’s biggest rival in the West during Dirk’s prime and IIRC, Pop’s said they have something special planned for him. Tonight is the last game of his career.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

I think they may both hit the upper 20’s closer to 30 and their usage is going to be sky high. Could just leave a ton of money on the table tonight. Don’t know yet.

I think it will be like that game in Atlanta a week ago Sunday. Lopez was the only starter who played. Tonight he is out. Game went to overtime and Frazier played 53 minutes. Colson played damn near the whole game. Middleton is on kind of a minutes restriction in the mid 20’s right now.

• damionismyname

If you want to win….
    play…

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Perhaps true, but teams get 3 days off prior to the playoffs starting. Also, I think teams don’t want to totally alienate their fans with scrub city for 48 minutes at home.

They won’t be upset, it is fan appreciation night and they will get a Giannis bobblehead and other goodies.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

Dirk is playing tonight. I doubt a repeat of what he did last night as I don’t know if he’ll have the energy. That said, SAS was seen as DAL’s biggest rival in the West during Dirk’s prime and IIRC, Pop’s said they have something special planned for him. Tonight is the last game of his career.

Dirk sounded pretty beat up after last nights game. He has to have tons of treatment just to be able to play. I think he will start, but I don’t see anything near the playing time he received last night.

• ushook

@yisman said...

Indiana sitting everyone.

Hopefully they sit Collison as well… I dont want to be tricked into playing him.

• feekdogg

Dirk’s price on Fanduel is $4141

• Yeoman

@frugal said...

It’s true that home court advantage is bigger on the last day of the season, almost certainly for that reason. But here’s a counterexample:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201804110CLE.html

The only starter who played more than 11 minutes was the one starter they knew wouldn’t be starting the following week.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

I think it will be like that game in Atlanta a week ago Sunday. Lopez was the only starter who played. Tonight he is out. Game went to overtime and Frazier played 53 minutes. Colson played damn near the whole game. Middleton is on kind of a minutes restriction in the mid 20’s right now.

That’s a solid example, Lopez saw 27 minutes. Due to positional scarcity of which starters are out, wouldn’t it be Wilson, Ersan, and Colson tonight who get the huge minutes?

• tmarohl

Looks like a smash spot for a guy like Alex Len

• frugal

@Yeoman said...

It’s true that home court advantage is bigger on the last day of the season, almost certainly for that reason. But here’s a counterexample:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201804110CLE.html

The only starter who played more than 11 minutes was the one starter they knew wouldn’t be starting the following week.

Right, but they had a full roster available. MIL has 8 players. I’m not locked into MIL, as there are a couple teams running shot tonight, just playing through things.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Dirk sounded pretty beat up after last nights game. He has to have tons of treatment just to be able to play. I think he will start, but I don’t see anything near the playing time he received last night.

Yes he did. And I do not care as this is the last possible day for me to roster Dirk, so I will lock him in and take a zero if necessary. I’m only playing a couple lineups, very low stakes until the playoffs start.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

That’s a solid example, Lopez saw 27 minutes. Due to positional scarcity of which starters are out, wouldn’t it be Wilson, Ersan, and Colson tonight who get the huge minutes?

Yes, but I still think Frazier plays damn near the whole game.

• hobbes2d

@frugal said...

Yeah I mean I think he probably has enough left for his final game. HOF talents are able to find that magic. Wade and Dirk did just last night. Kobe did even though it took 50 FGA LOL

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

Yes, but I still think Frazier plays damn near the whole game.

That game they were super thin in the back court and tonight Bledsoe and Middleton available so even if they play 15-17 minutes, that will potentially take away from Frazier, even more so if Pat plays. They are extremely thin in the front court tonight which would point to the biggest minutes going to to C/PF players.

• Benf15harp

Makes O sense for dirk or DWade to play tonight
    Both went out on very memorable high notes last night.

• Yeoman

@frugal said...

Right, but they had a full roster available. MIL has 8 players. I’m not locked into MIL, as there are a couple teams running shot tonight, just playing through things.

But the guys that played starters’ minutes were the end of the bench scrubs like London Perrantes, who played 40+. If they hadn’t had a full roster available they just would have given more minutes to Calderon and Perkins etc. I suppose they might have had to play the starters 15 instead of 10 but there’s no way they were going to give LeBron high 20s.

If I’m going to spend on anyone tonight, it’s for starters on lottery teams getting full run in an otherwise g-league game. Like Memphis. Maybe Atlanta if they play anyone, but that might be full scrub-city on both sides. Maybe they’ll give Vince Carter 40 minutes, he can score 50 and break Crawford’s record from yesterday and then announce his retirement.

• frugal

@hobbes2d said...

Yeah I mean I think he probably has enough left for his final game. HOF talents are able to find that magic. Wade and Dirk did just last night. Kobe did even though it took 50 FGA LOL

I heard rumors that Duncan is going to be part of a presentation to Dirk tonight. Again, Dirk is probably a horrible play as an old man on a B2B, but i can’t avoid it. Was tearing up last night and know I will again tonight. So if you are a smart player, probably best to fade him. If you are a stupid homer like myself, go Dirk!!!

• yisman

@hobbes2d said...

50 FGA and 60 points

how many guys scored 60 points in their final game? and carried his team to victory!

• Yeoman

@frugal said...

That game they were super thin in the back court and tonight Bledsoe and Middleton available so even if they play 15-17 minutes, that will potentially take away from Frazier, even more so if Pat plays. They are extremely thin in the front court tonight which would point to the biggest minutes going to to C/PF players.

I agree with this. I haven’t started building any lineups yet but I like Colson and Wilson; I think they’ve probably got more minutes in their legs than Ilyasova.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).