8:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 0 ) at Milwaukee ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Dallas ( 0 ) at San Antonio ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 0 ) at Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 0 ) at Charlotte ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Detroit ( 0 ) at New York ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Sacramento ( 0 ) at Portland ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Utah ( 0 ) at LA Clippers ( 0 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sox9

@tmarohl said...

Looks like a smash spot for a guy like Alex Len

You like Len or O’Quinn better, or some of each? Who gets more minutes in a meaningless game for both teams?

• Kmasonbx

@tmarohl said...

I don’t think OKC cares if they play Portland, Houston or Denver in the first round. They match up well with all three of them.

They swept Portland and Portland isn’t full strength. They would definitely prefer to play Portland.

• captainwacky

Based on this slate alone and the options available, I can’t conceive playing bledsoe or middleton. You aren’t gonna get any edge from even 45 raw points (which I hiiiiighly doubt they have a chance at), and as always, with the great min price value we have, you need to hit the outliers of raw points + scrub value. I’ll be targeting colson and frazier if anything from that game.

• captainwacky

similarly, don’t play darren collison even if he’s in.

• Kmasonbx

@captainwacky said...

Based on this slate alone and the options available, I can’t conceive playing bledsoe or middleton. You aren’t gonna get any edge from even 45 raw points (which I hiiiiighly doubt they have a chance at), and as always, with the great min price value we have, you need to hit the outliers of raw points + scrub value. I’ll be targeting colson and frazier if anything from that game.

Can’t imagine either playing more than 25 minutes and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucks approach those two the way the Wizards used Beal last game, let them play normalish first half run and sit the 2nd half.

• frugal

@Kmasonbx said...

Can’t imagine either playing more than 25 minutes and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucks approach those two the way the Wizards used Beal last game, let them play normalish first half run and sit the 2nd half.

If that’s the game script, I wonder if OKC would be a target, specifically George? I wish this was a 7 or 8 game slate, slates this big with so many scenarios make my head hurt.

• frugal

@captainwacky said...

Wouldn’t that apply to their 2nd tier as well? Are they going to run Joseph or Evans huge minutes here or will it fall down to Holiday and Sumner?

• Benf15harp

Espn, NBATV and TNT should be ashamed for not airing D Wade and Dirk’s final home games last night.
    Not even televising their games tonight. Smdh

• Tajtrivedi

WHO DO WE PAY UP FOR TONIGHT????

• Jonas137

Blake doubtful, all the Drumm

• Yeoman

@frugal said...

Wouldn’t that apply to their 2nd tier as well? Are they going to run Joseph or Evans huge minutes here or will it fall down to Holiday and Sumner?

Maybe I’m crazy but I’m expecting the latter two to get starters’ minutes; I can’t decide if that means I should play them.

I’m curious—does anyone remember what the total salary was in past years for the optimal lineup on the last day of the season?

• yisman

76ers went from “:unlikely to play” to “OUT:”

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

That game they were super thin in the back court and tonight Bledsoe and Middleton available so even if they play 15-17 minutes, that will potentially take away from Frazier, even more so if Pat plays. They are extremely thin in the front court tonight which would point to the biggest minutes going to to C/PF players.

With playoffs starting potentially on Saturday, I just don’t see them pushing any key pieces like Middleton or Bledsoe. Since they will not try to win this game, they are not going to care about who mans what position. I think Colson and Frazier play damn near the entire game, as they are not rotation pieces for the playoffs.

• tmarohl

@frugal said...

If that’s the game script, I wonder if OKC would be a target, specifically George? I wish this was a 7 or 8 game slate, slates this big with so many scenarios make my head hurt.

The game shouldn’t be close. I wouldn’t play Westbrook or George either.

• Njsum1

@Benf15harp said...

It is Time to unleash Boban The Barbarian

KOQ time

• yisman

Blake officially listed as doubtful, Knicks immediately counter by making like 5 guys questionable

• tmarohl

@sox9 said...

You like Len or O’Quinn better, or some of each? Who gets more minutes in a meaningless game for both teams?

I have Drummond, O’Quinn and Len in a lineup.

• Yeoman

@tmarohl said...

That was my thought too, but last year they were up 20 at half against a tanking Memphis and Westbrook and George still played full minutes and put up huge numbers.

• hobbes2d

@captainwacky said...

Yeah I wouldn’t trust any playoff team who can’t improve their position to be playing starters significant mins.

• Yeoman

@yisman said...

Blake officially listed as doubtful, Knicks immediately counter by making like 5 guys questionable

OK, that’s it. I’m not even going to start making lineups until after dinner. Maybe by 7 we’ll have some idea who might be playing.

• hobbes2d

@tmarohl said...

OKC has struggled to beat even bad teams the past few weeks though. Pretty sure they will go full out.

• frugal

@Yeoman said...

That was my thought too, but last year they were up 20 at half against a tanking Memphis and Westbrook and George still played full minutes and put up huge numbers.

Isn’t WB one of those no rest nights guys that thinks it’s soft to take nights off?

EDIT: wasn’t that at home though?

• tmarohl

I want to know what Sacremento is planning. Will they let key guys like Fox and Bagley get full run last game of the season? I saw some speculation last night form a Portland guy last night that Portland might roll with guys like Skal and Simmons tonight because they might not want to win.

• Benf15harp

@Tajtrivedi said...

WHO DO WE PAY UP FOR TONIGHT????

No one. Just play all 3rd stringers and leave 20k on the table. 15x x 30k= 450FP. Should do the trick. Lmao

• tmarohl

8. Detroit Pistons (40-41)

Win tiebreaker over: Magic (3-1)
    Lose tiebreaker to: Nets (2-1), Hornets (4-0)
    Note: Their finale is on the road against the Knicks, who will finish with the league’s worst record; if they win, will make playoffs; will face either Raptors or Bucks

9. Charlotte Hornets (39-42)

Win tiebreaker over: Pistons (4-0)
    Note: Their finale is at home against the Magic, but they can’t make the playoffs unless the Knicks beat the Pistons (and they win, too)
    Western Conference

1. Golden State Warriors (57-24)

Locked, first seed

2. Denver Nuggets (53-28)

Win tiebreaker over Portland (3-1)
    Lose tiebreaker to: Houston (3-1)
    Win Northwest Division
    Note: Their finale is at home against the Timberwolves; can finish no worse than third

3. Houston Rockets (53-29)

Win tiebreaker over Denver (3-1)
    Lose tiebreaker with Portland (2-1)
    Win Southwest Division
    Note: They will finish second if the Wolves beat the Nuggets, but can still fall to fourth

4. Portland Trail Blazers (52-29)

Lose tiebreaker with Denver (3-1)
    Win tiebreaker over Houston (2-1)
    Note: Their finale is at home against the Kings; can bump Houston to fourth if they win and Denver beats Minnesota

5. Utah Jazz (50-31)

Locked, fifth seed
    Note: Their finale is on the road against the Clippers

6. Oklahoma City Thunder (48-33)

Lose tiebreaker to: Spurs (2-1)
    Split series with: Clippers
    9-7 division record
    Note: Their finale is on the road against the Bucks; if they win, will finish sixth

7. San Antonio Spurs (47-34)

Win tiebreaker over: Thunder (2-1)
    Split series with: Clippers
    9-6 division record
    Note: Their finale is at home against the Mavericks; can take sixth spot form Oklahoma City if they win and the Bucks beat the Thunder

8. Los Angeles Clippers (47-34)

Split series with: Thunder, Spurs
    11-5 division record
    Note: Their finale is at home against the Jazz; will finish either seventh or eighth

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.