8:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -6.5 ) at Orlando ( 6.5 ) — T: 220.5
    8:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -9.5 ) at Minnesota ( 9.5 ) — T: 240
    9:00 PM EST : Washington ( 13.5 ) at Utah ( -13.5 ) — T: 234
    9:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 2.5 ) at Memphis ( -2.5 ) — T: 229
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 3.5 ) at New Orleans ( -3.5 ) — T: 231.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( ) at Golden State ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( 13 ) at Phoenix ( -13 ) — T: 227.5

RG NBA DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• gaelicgirl

Thanks, Panda!

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

I run two spreadsheets. The first is my DFS spreadsheet, projecting all the stats by player. Then, it totals the points for each team to give me who I like to cover which spread. The second is my Scheduling Spreadsheet. It doesn’t care who’s in or who is out. It only looks at a team’s previous history in things like B2Bs, Travel, and Consecutive road/home games, and then compares that trend to the NBA’s overall trend to give me an idea of who has an edge. Here’s the thing. While not perfect, that scheduling spreadsheet has been more accurate than my projections spreadsheet.

I take what both spreadsheets give me, look for agreements, and then lock those in. It’s been successful with my locks going 15-6 in the last three weeks. It could be better as I learn to trust the scheduling spreadsheet more. For instance, yesterday, I was 4-4, though my lock and #1 pick for an upset worked out. My scheduling spreadsheet was 6-2.

Anyway, on to today…

LAL@NY – NY is favored by 3 and my projections have NY by 1.5. The Lakers have a huge scheduling advantage where they are playing the front end of a back to back on the road in their fifth straight road game. Huge positives. Meanwhile, NY is playing a B2B at home in their third straight home game. Both negatives. My projections had the Knicks winning, but the Lakers covering, but I’m trusting that scheduling advantage here. I’ll be heavy on the Lakers in an upset. The only team giving up less FGM is Miami, but they get destroyed on the boards and giving up FTs. Schroeder scores almost 30% of his points from the line. I have no need to tell you how dominant a motivated Drummond is on the boards. The Lakers give up bleals at a high rate, benefitting Noel and Rose here.

Phi@Dal – Philly is favored by 3 and my projections have Philly by 3. The scheduling edge goes to Philly with their fourth consecutive road game while Dallas is playing a B2B in their third consecutive home game. I do find that when I take my locks, I usually go with a favorite that has the scheduling edge and my projections have covering. So, while every fiber of my being is screaming to go with the Lakers as my lock, I’m going with Philly for my lock of the night. Dallas gets killed from the arc and I have Danny Green getting 100% of his points from the arc today. Philly is the worst at sending players to the charity stripe and Jalen Brunson should benefit the most from that.

SA@Orl – San Antonio is favored by 6 and I have them at 4.5. Orlando is playing a B2B in their fourth straight home game and San Antonio is playing a B2B on the road in their 4th straight road game and travel 1 hour east as an added bonus. B2Bs are bad, but B2Bs are much worse away than at home. Orlando has a scheduling edge here. So both sheets are in agreement and I like Orlando to cover here, but I’m afraid of touching the moneyline. Orlando is terrible in giving up FGM, 3PM, Defensive Rebounds, and blocks. Derrick White is a guy I’m in love with tonight. San Antonio also gives up FGM, 3PM, and blocks. Ross and Mo Bamba both fit the bill here.

Bkn@Min – Brooklyn is favored by 8.5 but my projections only have them at 3.5. Minnesota is playing a B2B at home in their 2nd straoght home game and Brokklyn travels 1 hour west to play their first road game. Minnesota, even with the B2B, has a scheduling edge here and this is one of the examples of my innate bias for favorites. I don’t want to, but the data is screaming at me to take Minnesota to cover and that’s what I’m doing. Brooklyn gives up FTM and Offensive boards. Josh Okogie is their best offensive rebounder not named Towns and gets over 25% of his points from the line. Minnesota is 2nd worst at points, Def rebounds, and Assists. Chiozza and Durant just got a lot sexier, but right now I have neither playing more than 24 minutes.

Chi@Mem – Memphis is favored by 2.5 and I have it as a pick ‘em. However, scheduling edge goes to Memphis even though they are playing a B2B in their second straight home game. Chicago is playing a B2B on the road in their fifth straight road game. One caveat is that teams who play 5 or more consecutive road games have a .500 record. and are 340-398 in all other road games. So, yeah, I’m going Memphis here, but grudgingly. Memphis gives up bleals, which should help Thaddeus Young if he can get past 24 minutes. Chicago gives up 2PFG and FTs along with Steals. I don’t see many on Memphis matching up well there and they may be a complate fade for me.

Sac@NO – New Orleans is favored by 3.5 and I have NO by 3. Sacramento has a decent scheduling edge here though. New Orleans is playing a back to back, returning home one hour west. Meanwhile, Sacramento travels one hour east for their second straight road game. Again, with both sheets in agreement, I’m on Sacramento to cover and will be playing some for the upset. NO gets destroyed from the line, behind the arc, and on assists. Buddy Hield is in a good spot, but I love De’Aaron Fox here. Sacramento is the worst at 2pt FG, FT, and all scoring. Zion and Ingram both should be popular plays for good reason.

Was@Uta – Here we go. This one scares me. Utah is favored by 12.5. My projections have Utah by 1. At home. Against Washington. Then, stupidly enough, Washington has a scheduling edge to boot. Utah is playing the front end of a back to back at home (worse than playing the back end of a back to back at home) in their third consecutive home game. Meanwhile, Washington it playing their sweet 5th consecutive road game. The only game with a bigger scheduling edge is the next game. So, both my spreadsheets love Washington and I don’t. But, I’m not a Republican and I gotta go where the data leads. I’ll be playing both Washington covering AND that +575 moneyline, especially to really fatten up some parlays. Remember when starting bigs against Washington was a thing? Still is. 3rd worst at offensive rebounds, 3rd worst at defensive rebounds, 2nd worst in all rebounds, 2nd worst in giving up FTs. Gobert and Mitchell will be popular plays and they should be. Meanwhile, Utah does everything defensively. I’ll fade Washington in DFS, BUT if the upset happens like I’m looking/hoping for, Beal and Westbrook will be the reason and it will be at real low ownership.

Den@GS – Denver is favored by 3.5 and my projections have them by 6.5. However, GS has the single largest scheduling edge on tonight’s slate. GS is playing that sweet fourth consecutive home while Denver travels from Denver 1 hour west to GS to play the back end of a back to back on the road. I’m trusting that and will go GS to cover and even have some moneyline on the upset. GS gives up a lot of offensive boards, but Jokic and Michael Porter are the best on Denver and both are not good at offensive rebounding. Meanwhile, Denver’s good at just about everything, but if GS is going to pull this off, Curry and/or Wiggins will need to lead that. I’m betting they will.

Hou@Pho – Pho is favored by 13 and my projections have them by 10.5. Houston also has a scheduling edge here with their third straight road game, traveling an hour east, while Phoenix is playing the front end of a back to back in their second straight home game. The scheduling sheet also shows this being one of the least likely games to become a blowout and I’m gonna trust it yet again since both sheets agree. I’ll take Houston to cover here, but I won’t touch the moneyline. Phoenix does everything good and I’ll be fading Houston along with most everyone. Houston is the fourth worst at boards and the worst at steals and it’s not even close. I’ll be on Paul and Ayton both, especially with steals being a snowball stat leading to assists/points.

So, all in all, I got Philly as my lock, Lakers, GS, and Sacramento as my top upset picks in that order and like them to at least cover. Washington as a possible wild where the hell did that come from upset, Minnesota, Houston, Memphis and Orlando as my least favorite picks.

Good luck all.

• mbunner23

30 slates left.

• Herf

Russell Westbrook will get his against Utah and Washington will lose by 16. He has a special place for Utah in his heart lol.

• Brendan239

Buddy Hield revenge? JRuch revenge? Didn’t Randle play for LA? Will Rose get 35 minutes? Ingles on FD? Embid about as close to a lock on FD although Drum is tempting. Is Gafford relevant?

• emnj69

I see it is monday so kryie is using a personal day again

• emnj69

going to build around russ and steph which should be 110+ points

• charara1224

Its gotta be a blake griffin day right? Im sure he still has a 40 pt DFS performance somewhere in his bag

• zeeshan2

love morant and lavine tonight. Other people I like in no order: cole anthony, drummond, westbrook, randle, mitchell, wall, ayton, shamet, KAT, barnes, ZIon, Simmons, and bazemore,

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

30 slates left.

• feekdogg

@charara1224 said...

Its gotta be a blake griffin day right? Im sure he still has a 40 pt DFS performance somewhere in his bag

Or do they just punt the game and run Alize Johnson again?

• Njsum1

@feekdogg said...

Or do they just punt the game and run Alize Johnson again?

There should be some nice value on the Brooklyn side regardless. Gotta wait for a lineup and news to drop.

Gonna fade the early games with the exception of a Drummond share or 2

• Alvance83

@Njsum1 said...

There should be some nice value on the Brooklyn side regardless. Gotta wait for a lineup and news to drop.

Greene was my first gut pick from Brooklyn tonight dk

• charara1224

@Njsum1 said...

I probably plan to lock in bruce brown everywhere and then go from there so we’ll see whats to come later i really wanna find a reason to play blake as well lol

• Njsum1

@Alvance83 said...

Greene was my first gut pick from Brooklyn tonight dk

Lots of guys in play…Claxton, maybe Chiozza, BB as Charara1224 mentioned. Still gotta wait for that lineup.

I’m not a huge fan of going heavy bench players, yet I’m a fan of playing them. You never know who might not get in the rotation or whose minutes get cut if the starter comes out hot. I’d like Chiozza off the bench, 3k point guard, and 3.1k Claxton 🤷‍♂️

• Ndepompei

DK best ball disappear for anyone else? Can’t see in live or recent

• Brendan240

Is Looney in play with Wiseman out

• tmarohl

@Ndepompei said...

Yep

• dominicanpapi

Ben Simmons is 7200 on FD. At some point he’s going to put up a 40-50 spot. Price is ridiculous for someone that talented.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

@Ndepompei said...

Is being fixed.

Interpret that as you want

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@dominicanpapi said...

Ben Simmons is 7200 on FD. At some point he’s going to put up a 40-50 spot. Price is ridiculous for someone that talented.

Yeeeeeaaaaaah, um , that’s what I’ve been saying to myself since he was like 8.4K and Embiid was out over a month ago. 15 games later of going 30%+ on Simmons, here we are.

Maybe today is the day.

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Yeeeeeaaaaaah, um , that’s what I’ve been saying to myself since he was like 8.4K and Embiid was out over a month ago. 15 games later of going 30%+ on Simmons, here we are.

Maybe today is the day.

I’m right there with you bro lol, but he’s arguably the best priced PG on the slate tonight. Like, he doesn’t need to score 20 actual points to hit 40+. A 10/10/10 type of game, with a steal and block mixed in there and he’s at 6X. He’s absolutely capable of it.

• gaelicgirl

@Brendan240 said...

Is Looney in play with Wiseman out

No, his minutes are usually limited to 20-25.

• bazerko

KAT ruled out for personal reasons

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Alright, Naz Reid. Lock #1.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).