• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( ) at Indiana ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( ) at Toronto ( ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 1 ) at Charlotte ( -1 ) — T: 208
    9:00 PM EST : Oklahoma City ( 16.5 ) at Utah ( -16.5 ) — T: 223
    10:00 PM EST : Boston ( 1.5 ) at Portland ( -1.5 ) — T: 227
    10:00 PM EST : Miami ( 3.5 ) at Phoenix ( -3.5 ) — T: 215

RG NBA DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Locks 16-6. Ain’t gonna lie. Made a killing off the Washington upset in some parlays. Wish I had locked that in, but too ballsy for me. Utah is 24-2 at home. It was too crazy, even for me.

Best part is both spreadsheets agreed on 6 games. They were 4-2 on those. My projections said take Chicago and NO. My Schedule Edge said take Memphis and Sacramento. I split the difference and went with Chicago and Sacramento. 0-2 for me, 5-3 for both sheets.

On to today.

LAC@Ind – Clippers are favored by 2, but I have Indiana as a 1.5 point favorite. However, the Clippers have a clear scheduling edge. Both teams are playing the front of a back to back, which is an advantage for the road team and a negative for the home team. Indian returns one hour east for a their first home game, a negative, and the Clippers travel 3 hours east for the first road game. This should be a negative, but it’s literally within one win of being a positive with such a small sample size. But even counting it as a negative, the Clippers have a clear edge and it’s the biggest edge of the night. When the sheets disagree I’m going to give first dibs to the scheduling edge. Clippers cover. Indiana gives up FT, Blocks, and OReb. Check out Zubac’s game logs. He’s leading the Clippers in all three of these, and is one of the best Offensive Rebounders in the league. Add in no Myles Turner and I think this is an exceptional spot for him. The Clippers give up 2pt FG and FT. Sabonis and Goga are helped somewhat here, but not nearly as much as I would have thought.

Atl@Tor – Toronto’s favored by 3, but I have Atlanta by 2.5 and if Trae Young is out, I still have them by 1. So, I don’t get it. Then, Toronto is playing the front end of a back to back at home for their first home game (2nd biggest negative a home team can have) while Atlanta’s playing its 2nd straight road game. Atlanta has a sizeable scheduling edge here. I know I lean on Atlanta a lot, but I can’t get away from them in this spot. Atlanta’s my lock of the night and I’m playing that +120 moneyline. I don’t know if I want to grab it early before the spread comes my way or wait and hope Trae is out so I get increased odds later. Atlanta gets killed on OReb, Blocks, and FT, but this doesn’t help Siakam or Bouch as much as I thought. It would help Khem Birch if he plays more than the 15 minutes I’m expecting. Toronto gets destroyed at 3pt FG, FT, OReb, Assists, and blocks. Seriously. They are bad, but they shut down the 2 point game. Still, I like Capela, Trae if he plays, and Bogs is looking at a sweet spot.

LAL@Cha – Charlotte’s favored by 1. I got Charlotte by 2. The Lakers have a slight scheduling edge here with playing 5+ consecutive games on the road (4+ or more is a winning record). However, the Lakers are coming off a game last night and Charlotte is playing the front end of a B2B in their second straight home game. Both huge negatives. With such a slight edge in a game that’s almost a toss up, I like Charlotte to come away with covering here, but it’s one of my least favorite plays and nothing says I actually have to bet it. The New look Lakers are still giving up DReb and Bleals. That sets up well for P.J. Washington. Charlotte is second worst at giving up the 3 ball and bad at asists and OReb. Kyle Kuzma could be looking at a nice game.

OKC@Utah – Utah is favored by 16.5 and I have Utah by 10. While 6.5 would normally be a massive difference, Utah has a big scheduling edge here with playing a B2B at home (not as negative as one would think) and their fourth straight home game while OKC travels 1 hour west for their first road game. That edge is enough to make me back away from this one. If I was forced, I take Utah to cover as almost all the factors are also conducive to blowouts. Utah’s good at everything while OKC gets destroyed on boards, Rebounds, Steals, and 2Pt FG. Gobert’s looking at a massive game if it stays close. I don’t think it does.

Mia@Pho – Phoenix is favored by 3.5 while I have the Suns by 1.5. Miami also has scheduling edge here. Phoenix is playing a back to back in their third straight home game while Miami travels 1 hour east to play the front of a back to back in their second home game. That’s enough for me to not only call for Miami to cover, I’ll be heavy on that +132 moneyline for my upset special number 2. Miami gives up 3s and offensive rebounds, but Ayton isn’t that guy. Jae Crowder though scores the majority of his points behind the arc. Phoenix meanwhile is good at stopping everything and even if Miami pulls off the upset, it won’t necessarily mean a big game by either Butler or Bam.

Bos@Por – Portland’s favored by 1 and I have Portland by 2. Portland also has a slight scheduling edge, playing their third straight home game while Boston travels one hour west to play their 2nd straight road game. Finally, the factors are screaming blowout potential and I’ve learned not to ignore that. So, I’m saying Portland covers AND I’ll be laying money on Portland covering 14.5 at +460. Portland gives up scoring in all forms and defensive rebounds. Almost all of Jayson Tatum boards come on the defensive side and the Eastern Conference Player of the Week is primed for another big game which should make him a popular pick, but you’ll have some supposed sharks thinking fading him due to Robert Covington defensive matchup. Don’t be that guy. Meanwhile, Since Time Lord became a regular, Boston is giving up nothing, but if Portland is blowing this out, someone other than Lillard stepped up big time.

So, Atlanta’s my lock and screw it, I’m taking the outright win at +120 instead of the cover. If Trae is out, I’m on the Clippers to cover for my lock. Like the Clippers, Portland, and Miami to cover. Looking for a Miami upset to boot. Gun to my head and I’m on Utah and Charlotte.

Good luck tonight!

• Brendan239

How highly owned will PG be w Kawhi out AND the revenge factor? Liking Lowry/Terry early but Kemba is sitting at a fair price. Both Morris’s? Center sucks, every player could put up 35 FD points. Don’t see a reason to touch OKC/Utah or Mia/Pho, slow paced good D teams playing at home on a B2B. Oddly enough, my first build is PG13/JHoliday/Sabonis/Morris (LAC)/Bitadze and it turns out to be the highest total. I’m sure Atl and Tor news will have us scrambling at 6:45

• Pierce85

Bridges or McDaniels? Goodwin without Trae and I like PG and the two Bogdanovic. Maybe Capela/Siakam/Sabonis

• River2009

Does anyone know what the scoring line last night on FD Double ups was roughly last night? Thanks!

• Brendan239

Damn, it’s going to be hard to get away from Bug Eyes too

• miggs6876

@Brendan239 said...

How highly owned will PG be w Kawhi out AND the revenge factor? Liking Lowry/Terry early but Kemba is sitting at a fair price. Both Morris’s? Center sucks, every player could put up 35 FD points. Don’t see a reason to touch OKC/Utah or Mia/Pho, slow paced good D teams playing at home on a B2B. Oddly enough, my first build is PG13/JHoliday/Sabonis/Morris (LAC)/Bitadze and it turns out to be the highest total. I’m sure Atl and Tor news will have us scrambling at 6:45

Nice post.

• dominicanpapi

FD pricing is ROUGH.

I think Conley sits, it’s a hammy issue for him, and the playoffs start in what…a month? The Thunder aren’t the Wizards, so I think the Jazz can handle them with ease.

Overall though, the pricing is pretty bad but its a nice challenge.

• emnj69

I will fade playoff P for the win
    if he drops 50+ and I lose so be it-in classic playoff p fashion he will start the game and then be forced from the game when he takes a sip of water and the water was too cold and hurts his stomach so he needs to sit

• Brendan239

Tony Bradley revenge game

• tmarohl

Hoops Rumors
    @HoopsRumors
    ·
    7m
    Austin Rivers is reportedly on the Nuggets’ radar as they consider a backcourt addition. Story:

• dominicanpapi

Murray was out with a sore right knee, but I think he hurt his left knee. I wonder if the two are related in any way, i.e. perhaps he was putting more pressure on his left knee to compensate for his right knee being hurt?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@tmarohl said...

Hoops Rumors
    @HoopsRumors
    ·
    7m
    Austin Rivers is reportedly on the Nuggets’ radar as they consider a backcourt addition. Story:

Yeah, that looked bad. They went from a wealth of guards to Barton, Camp, and what, Dozier?
    Someone mentioned Crabbe last night and I began thinking about best available PGs.
    Napier? Mudiay? Ferrell? Lin?

Rivers probably makes the most sense, but I hate the idea of him getting to Denver. Orlando deserves Rivers and Rivers deserves Orlando.

Too competitive to take a chance, but maybe running the gauntlet with point joker and then Barton, Porter, Gordon, and Millsap. Still gives you Camp, Dozier, Green, Ninja. With the three high usage guys in the lineup, Barton’s been wasted there anyway, perhaps put Camp in for him and have Barton as that Josh Hart/Jordan Clarkson sixth man role he used to play.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Yukerboy said...

Yeah, that looked bad. They went from a wealth of guards to Barton, Camp, and what, Dozier?
    Someone mentioned Crabbe last night and I began thinking about best available PGs.
    Napier? Mudiay? Ferrell? Lin?

Rivers probably makes the most sense, but I hate the idea of him getting to Denver. Orlando deserves Rivers and Rivers deserves Orlando.

Monte Morris

Yeah, they’ll have to sign someone. I’m blind, but I don’t see what happened that would have hurt, but I only saw a clip on twitter. Either way he was clearly in agonizing pain, and it seems like injuries that “don’t look that bad” usually tend to be the worst, other than when something literally breaks and a guys foot or leg goes backwards I’m waiting to hear about someone randomly getting bought out soon, although off the top of my head, I can’t think of any decent PG’s sitting on the end of a tanking teams bench.

• zeeshan2

Kyrie out again

• Neilj907

No nets game on dk?

• dominicanpapi

Murray diagnosed with a torn ACL. That’s a bummer.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

@Pandamonious said...

Monte Morris

Yeah, they’ll have to sign someone. I’m blind, but I don’t see what happened that would have hurt, but I only saw a clip on twitter. Either way he was clearly in agonizing pain, and it seems like injuries that “don’t look that bad” usually tend to be the worst, other than when something literally breaks and a guys foot or leg goes backwards I’m waiting to hear about someone randomly getting bought out soon, although off the top of my head, I can’t think of any decent PG’s sitting on the end of a tanking teams bench.

Completely forgot Monte. Whoever they sign is out of the rotation/scrub blowout finisher. I was expecting it to be a larger role.

• tmarohl

@dominicanpapi said...

Murray diagnosed with a torn ACL. That’s a bummer.

Yeah, we were talking about it last night when it happened and that is what I thought the injury looked like. Looked just like the two times I saw Jabari Parkers knee go out.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Monte Morris

Anyone you sign from the buyout market, had to be waived and signed by April 9th to retain their playoff eligibility.
    They need to find someone who wasn’t bought out if they want that player for the playoffs.
    They drafted a point guard this year, Marcus Howard. He is a good shooter but very small and has no experience.
    If someone happens to waive a point guard without a buyout, that player could be claimed on waivers and I believe retain playoff eligibility.
    However, any team has the ability to put in a waiver claim and it is no guarantee that player would end up in Denver.
    My guess is they try to find a backup point guard from the G-league or something like that.
    They will probably be playing a lot of Monte Morris and Point Jokic to some extent.

• Njsum1

This is a nice slate tonight (at least going in). Injuries, yet nothing overwhelming at this point. players in good spots priced well.

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    13m
    Kyle Lowry (rest) ruled out Tuesday.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Anyone you sign from the buyout market, had to be waived and signed by April 9th to retain their playoff eligibility.
    They need to find someone who wasn’t bought out if they want that player for the playoffs.

OK, that makes sense. I knew there was some kind of deadline, but didn’t know it had passed. Only guy who fits that bill was Ish Smith anyway.

So….Jeremy Lin? Tim Frazier? Not a PG, but does Jamal Crawford want to make a run? Kyle Korver still want to play? Wasn’t Troy Daniels with Denver last year?

• tmarohl

Tim Frazier just signed with someone yesterday on a ten day I believe.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #51

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Tim Frazier just signed with someone yesterday on a ten day I believe.

He did or you thinking of Yogi? I know someone just signed Yogi. I think someone signed Shaq Harrison too.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

He did or you thinking of Yogi? I know someone just signed Yogi. I think someone signed Shaq Harrison too.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    ·
    Apr 11
    Memphis is bringing back guard Tim Frazier on a 10-day contract this week, pending clearance of health and safety protocols, sources tell ESPN.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).