Minnesota (16-65) Oklahoma City (44-37) TBD TBD 8:00 PM
    Brooklyn (37-44) Orlando (25-56) BKN -8 203.5 8:00 PM
    New York (17-64) Detroit (31-50) DET -6.5 196.5 8:00 PM
    Philadelphia (18-63) Miami (36-45) TBD TBD 8:00 PM
    Toronto (48-32) Charlotte (33-48) TOR -12.5 199.5 8:00 PM
    Memphis (54-27) Indiana (37-43) TBD TBD 8:00 PM
    Golden State (66-15) Denver (30-51) GSW -11 215.0 10:30 PM
    L.A. Lakers (21-60) Sacramento (28-53) SAC -3.5 205.0 10:30 PM

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Unity520

I scored 366 last night. Beasley wasn’t even in my radar. The guy stinks.Wake up and see Beasley scores over 60. At least I won some cash in the gpp

• jonconnington

It’s the fact, for me, that someone wins over and over and over using players that have every indication to not be used. This is not an isolated incident. It’s very possible (likely) I’m doing it wrong. But I see no reason you can justify using anyone from MIA/PHI yesterday. If my reason for not using those players is flawed, then yes, I am doomed as a DFS player.

• WeTheNorth

Slightly different scenario on DK, given the late swap option (so after the MIA news became official). But Beas was a hefty 60% owned in the $1k entry tournament. Compared to 18% owned in the $300, 8% owned in the $27, 3% owned in the $3. He was just the player that the higher stakes players gravitated towards, given the situation.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/5653054?uc=72925471

• zpa1989

@Kevinandkate1 said...

And I chose Beasley because the beat reporter for the heat said around 6pm Spolestra hinted towards ailing guys sitting. Wasn’t really a hunch just thought Beasley would meet value. Didn’t expect 60

ok fair enough, maybe i did not dig deep enough and find this into. i only look at rotoworld.com for updates, they are usually pretty fast too. maybe i need to start checking multiple sites for player updates. i think that would have helped. but even if spolestra even hinted at that, why wouldn’t roto update us? they usually do in that situation. almost always.

im still giving credit to folks who picked him, i really am, not a sore loser, and ill admit even if i had the info prior to 7pm tipoff i would not have used him. i don’t trust him for a second. i have used him when he has started and got minutes, and either gets into foul trouble or doesn’t do jack crap. wasn’t that a career game? i don’t care how high of a pick he was, he hasn’t even played alot of basketball in the past few years, would honestly consider the guy a bust too in the grand scheme of things

i would of bet tyler johnson was the best fantasy play there. i used him in a few 8pm rosters, but the clock ran out before i could work him into more.

• snazzypit

Do your homework and you’ll be good at DFS too. Ehafner, notorious, condia….all these guys do this for a living. That’s their job. They are good at their jobs. I suggest if you are gonna complain and “accuse” people of cheating then you shouldn’t play DFS. No one can predict what a human being will do…..they all did their research that’s why they win.

• w3junky

Scored 370 last night. 259th place out of 72,000 and I won $25. Wow I’m rich.

• txdave41

@snazzypit said...

Do your homework and you’ll be good at DFS too. Ehafner, notorious, condia….all these guys do this for a living. That’s their job. They are good at their jobs. I suggest if you are gonna complain and “accuse” people of cheating then you shouldn’t play DFS. No one can predict what a human being will do…..they all did their research that’s why they win

What I don’t get is how can you be good at DFS with late locks and injuries? I lost almost 50% of my lineups last nite because the news came after 6pm that Dragic and Crowder were sitting. I lost the previous 5 nights in a row because of news coming after the line started. Why are these pros immune to this unless they have insider info?

• wideopen23

@jonconnington said...

It’s the fact, for me, that someone wins over and over and over using players that have every indication to not be used. This is not an isolated incident. It’s very possible (likely) I’m doing it wrong. But I see no reason you can justify using anyone from MIA/PHI yesterday. If my reason for not using those players is flawed, then yes, I am doomed as a DFS player.

This sounds a lot like poker when players that lose always assume the system is rigged, someone is cheating etc…

There are simply a ton of really really smart players that put together 5-10-20 lineups a night and will therefore have an edge over the average guy and his 1 or 2 lineups.

There was a decent chance the Heat were going to rest their starters last night and that a guy like Beasley could get big minutes and even be the #1 option on offense. So to act as if owning him was nuts is showing your flawed logic. Unfortunately, I wasn’t smart enough to own him last night but that’s roto and I’ll hope to find the next “Beasley” today in Baseball….

• mackshawn206

@jimmykick I agree with the logic, I won multiple entries last night as well I had 6 entries and won minimal cash in all my entries as well. I feel better with trying different lineups than entering the same lineup multiple times. But like you said, you need the funds…. NBA playoffs here I come lol

• mindp0wer

I see schills everywhere…

• gnoixiak

To be fair the second I heard the news I was all over the Miami scrubs, it’s was pretty simple because that team had no one else to play. 10 healthy guys minus 5 leaves 5 guys. Haslem limped 7 minutes due to foul trouble out there. I only found out at 4:45 and retool all my turbo lineups and won the *slam. I think if someone bolder than I guessed that the heat would do that, which makes total sense in retrospect, Beasley is not a crazy call. I wish I had my turbo lineup in the all day :( but late news oh well I’ll take the 3 g from the turbo :)

• jonconnington

@wideopen23 said...

This sounds a lot like poker when players that lose always assume the system is rigged, someone is cheating etc…

There are simply a ton of really really smart players that put together 5-10-20 lineups a night and will therefore have an edge over the average guy and his 1 or 2 lineups.

There was a decent chance the Heat were going to rest their starters last night and that a guy like Beasley could get big minutes and even be the #1 option on offense. So to act as if owning him was nuts is showing your flawed logic. Unfortunately, I wasn’t smart enough to own him last night but that’s roto and I’ll hope to find the next “Beasley” today in Baseball….

I assumed, incorrectly, that because MIA wanted to lose they would limit any players who started to go off. This was clearly not the case. I just don’t get it though. If they wanted to lose, why let him keep doing well?

• seanyd09

@jonconnington said...

I don’t understand all the fuss from many players over beasley..coach spo clearly said theres a chance the starters will sit like 2 hours before the game..always have at least three nba sources and keep pressing that refresh button

• whothis

@simdynasty said...

Yeah, it is a bit fishy. I’m looking at ehafner’s entries in the Monster. He put in 4 lineups at $200 a pop, 3 of which had Beasley in it. I can understand maybe throwing him in a lineup just in case, but 3 out of 4? I guess on the other hand if you have a hunch or think you know something, might as well play that hunch.

200 for him is not going to hurt his roll at all, its like 2 bucks for us. Hafner been killing all year. KandK explained why he choose Beasly, awesome job and congrats.

Still, didnt know Miami would sit all their starters, Got a couple of 0s from Whiteside, If I knew earlier, maybe I would of done more research on miami bench players. I have been burned by Beasly before, but also got lucky once with him awhile ago. Dosent help either that Gabey and Rad said stay away from this game expect for Whiteside. What seperates the 10% from the rest? We all have spreadsheets, and access to info from various websites and team sites. Info. It out there for everyone but does the best have other sources that Joe Public doesnt have access to?

Good luck to all during the playoffs……

• whothis

@wideopen23 said...

Ever hear about the Absolute Poker website scandal a few years ago?

• simdynasty

@txdave41 said...

What I don’t get is how can you be good at DFS with late locks and injuries? I lost almost 50% of my lineups last nite because the news came after 6pm that Dragic and Crowder were sitting. I lost the previous 5 nights in a row because of news coming after the line started. Why are these pros immune to this unless they have insider info?

For me last night, I tried to stay away from any teams that had nothing to play for. Not so much because of the scratches, but because they’d only play limited minutes most likely. I still got bit by Booker in one of my lineups, but the Favors news broke before lock so I should have known better.

For the previous nights, it is just bad luck.

• wideopen23

@jonconnington said...

I assumed, incorrectly, that because MIA wanted to lose they would limit any players who started to go off. This was clearly not the case. I just don’t get it though. If they wanted to lose, why let him keep doing well?

The players on the court never try to lose, it’s just that management will “rest” guys that give them the best chance to win. Once Beasley was going off you couldn’t just sit him for playing well. Either way, it was a fluke game from Beasley and a handful got lucky. End of story. When you or I get an expected guy put up 50 points you don’t think twice, you just pat yourself on the back.

• wideopen23

@whothis said...

Ever hear about the Absolute Poker website scandal a few years ago?

Yeah and I never said a site could not cheat but its very difficult in Fantasy because the site can’t control the players (like a poker site could control the cards). So if you play heads up, its impossible for the other player to cheat. And if you thought another player in a tournament is cheating, just track his lineups during the night.

• yoshi2132

Lol why wouldn’t people put the Miami Heat bench? It was obvious that wade & whiteside were playing through injuries over the last few games (game announcers kept saying it, etc.) to try and get that last playoff spot. And now since the pacers won their previous game and eliminates the heat, they had nothing to play for. So why take the change in making their injuries worst when they can just rest?

• tonytone1908

@snazzypit said...

Do your homework and you’ll be good at DFS too. Ehafner, notorious, condia….all these guys do this for a living. That’s their job. They are good at their jobs. I suggest if you are gonna complain and “accuse” people of cheating then you shouldn’t play DFS. No one can predict what a human being will do…..they all did their research that’s why they win.

They all put in hundreds of lineups too. They didn’t cheat they were just able to throw out some wild cards that most of us would never had risked taking. You ever see some of those lineups near the bottom? Not the placeholder entries but ones with just really far out there picks?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).