7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( ) at Toronto ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Charlotte ( 13.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -13.5 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( ) at Chicago ( ) — T: 227.5
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -8.5 ) at Houston ( 8.5 ) — T: 224
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( ) at Minnesota ( ) — T:
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( -1.5 ) at San Antonio ( 1.5 ) — T: 231.5
    9:30 PM EST : New York ( 5 ) at Dallas ( -5 ) — T: 210.5

RG NBA DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• BiGtIGeRs

At this rate I’m going to spend more money on burgers than winning money on dk 5 50+ burgers and still min cashing

• Skee

Express2 on FD is a mess. Its all savings and some of the only pay-ups are dudding. I normally like these small slates and I am cashing but it looks like nobody is even close to optimal. You would need to have purposely gone down multiple tiers in several slots (except Butler/Jokic) and left an absurd amount on the table.

These Detroit’s crippled me. Detroit chalk-city.. + White easy.. + Pee-Gee. Easy slate looking back. Just didn’t love the Detroits outside of Hayes/Stewy. Should have had 100% Hayes/Stewy. IF not, no $. 6 4PPs and 20 $1s and won’t cash a nickle tonight.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

@JDS1029 said...

I’m projected for 395 on FD right now even with Christian freakin Wood….stupid Olynyk,.

Got a 315 on DK with Wood and Deandre Jordan. Everyone else mega smashed. So darn close and so many other choices

• Golfnut04240

Every lineup in DK is over 300 points and I’m thinking I may not cash. Unbelievable!

• zeeshan2

Hell yea low owned butler went off for me

• bazerko

….until the next time John Wall is ruled out haha

• Golfnut04240

My cash games at 311.25 DK points just died. I look at some of these lineups and they are GPP lineups!

• jdtrey

Hey T or Irrigator, one of you mind disappointing me with how well my FD lineup would be doing in the Shot? Jumped in the forum contest near lock and didn’t get a chance to throw it in anything else and of course it crushed! 401.4

• Bodhisattva

Of Houston’s starters, Tate and Olynyk took a combined 27 shots.

Wood, Wall, and Porter took… a combined 27 shots

Live long enough and you’ll see everything I guess.

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

Hey T or Irrigator, one of you mind disappointing me with how well my FD lineup would be doing in the Shot? Jumped in the forum contest near lock and didn’t get a chance to throw it in anything else and of course it crushed! 401.4

Don’t worry, You are only about 50 points behind the current leader. That is not even in the top 500.

• captainwacky

@jdtrey said...

Meh, nothing too crazy but not a bad lineup. Right now around 600th.

• jdtrey

Just got home, was slightly worried lol .. thank you gents!

• Skee

NY-Dallas showdown is a mess too. There was a perfect fit of the top 3 guys and 2 reasonable players.
    I almost didn’t play because if that combo wins nobody will really get a prize and nobody without a mix of those guys will even cash.
    But hey, anything can happen. I figured nobody will give Reddick a shot and if he can knock down a few 3’s and scrounge up some points maybe he can hit 15.
    I have a lineup with only 3 dupes if he can do that along with Noel/Barrett finishing above Richardson/Hardaway, and Porzingis no higher than 3rd.
    I haven’t mathed out some of the other combos but I’d be in the conversation at least if those come together.

Or if Payton continues to go off that’ll get me up there but that lineup has nearly 40 dupes

• dominicanpapi

@dominicanpapi said...

Few thoughts:

PG – OK, so I’ve been playing Russ the last few slates. I’m not sure of this spot and here’s why: he’s 11.3 for one, and the Pelicans do have a team that can rebound which would lower Russ’ ceiling a bit. New Orleans actually has the best rebounding differential in the league, and lead the league in offensive rebounds per game and are the 3rd best rebounding team in the league. The LU construction for me also doesn’t work out in his favor. A pivot would be Kyrie. No Harden, and even though Charlotte are 13 point dogs, it really does feel like a game where Kyrie and KD carry the load and they get 10-12 points from the Bruce Browns, Landry Shamets, etc. If you’re doing 150, of course have exposure to Russ. I do SE and 3 max’s. I’ll have Russ in a 3 max.

Other options: Cole Anthony with MCW being out. I’m iffy on Flynn now that FVV is back but I suppose with everyone being out, it still makes sense. Monte Morris is now starting, wish he was cheaper though.

SG – Beal is scoring dependent, but he’s 8400 on FD and another reason why I prefer to play someone other than Russ at Westbrook, you got Beal for 3K less. I’m probably going to rotate between Beal/FVV/Jackson/Ross here. Edit: If Diallo is out, I think that does solidify Jackson. Jackson’s an iffy play for now b/c he could easily split shooting guard with Diallo.

SF – I’m frustrated by this NOP/WAS game because I feel like I need to have more exposure but there’s some other guys that I like too much. Ingram at 8300 vs. Washington is not bad, but Zion’s just on another level right now and Lonzo is coming back. I may end up doing a mini-stack of this game just to include Ingram. Other small forwards I like: MPJ vs. Houston. When you think about it, MPJ is their only legitimate scorer, i.e. if you need a bucket, he’s the one you go to. He’s my top small forward play. I think he’s got legit 50 point upside here. Saddiq Bey is also interesting, and there seems to be a trend where if Brandon Clarke is out, you play SloMo. Rui is 4900 BTW, upside is a bit capped with Russ and Beal on the floor but it’s still cheap. Butler also is solid at 9200. SF as a whole is pretty nice tonight.

PF – this is my pay down spot. Maybe it’s a mistake of mine but while Randle at 9200 is enticing I am probably going to rotate between Birch, Stewart, and Bazley. Young at 5200 is also really cheap. He was 6500 like a week ago.

C – my top plays are Jokic, Boucher, Bam, and WCJ if Bamba is out. Jokic is a bit more difficult to get to but wouldn’t be shocked if he gets a 70 burger.

Frustrating because I named most of the players that ended up in the winning lineup but couldn’t put all the pieces together.

I did ended up playing Russ with Coby White. I felt more comfortable playing Russ with all the value. Moved off of Jackson once Lillard was ruled out and thought this would be an interesting strategy to pay up at shooting guard (had two of FVV/Beal/McCollum). Really liked Anderson and Porter convo at small forward especially once Clarke was ruled out. Went heavy Bazley and Stewart and has WCJ mostly.

• Skee

Looks like Redick could indeed be the key due to his salary being 3 notches below the next relevant person.
    He got the 15 I called but I did not enter every combo though and do not have the top one so far :(
    Entering them all would have been probably halfway to max entering. A couple guys who have Richardson with him are holding me back.

• tmarohl

Randle leading FD point player of the night.

• tmarohl

Julius, Luka and Westbrook made it a break even night on FD.

• Dunl0p

Best lineup ended 3rd in the Swat, 14th in Fadeaway and 43rd in the Shot. Great night

• Skee

For NY-DAL showdown Barrett, Richardson, Redick was the right combo after Randle, Doncic
    I had a Barrett, Noel Redick come close. Would’ve been only a 4 way split.
    And a Porzingis, Payton Redick but Porzingis couldn’t pull far enough ahead. That was heavily duped anyway.

Close! I wasn’t willing to put that many entries on Redick. Really should have because I was right about him being able to do just enough.
    Still had a lot of winners though, pumped up that bankroll to try again tomorrow.

• chronoxiong

Best I got: https://www.fanduel.com/games/57228/contests/57228-245638745/entries/2452629243/scoring

Played light due to me having to work. Its only fitting that I do good on the night I have to work so I had to play safe. Story of my life. Regret eating the VanVleet chalk. Really felt like he was not the play. And regret picking Jonas V. I originally had Wendell Carter Jr at that spot. Should have done that and used that leftover salary to upgrade VanVleet into PG13 who I seriously thought about playing. Had a feeling PG13 was going to go off. Glad to get some GPP cash tonight though.

• yisman

truly sickening night

scored 346.75 on DK but ran out of money so couldn’t play the high dollar stuff

so what I played were low dollar satellites where I bubbled, like this

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609067

these high dollar contests all overlaid and I would’ve smashed in all but one, and would’ve cleared over 10k

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106608554
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106608890
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609036
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106624351
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609047
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609061
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609062
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609050
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/106609048

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).