Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 0 ) at Oklahoma City ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:30 PM EST : Atlanta ( 9.5 ) at San Antonio ( -9.5 ) —- T: 229
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( -5 ) at Sacramento ( 5 ) —- T: 227
    10:30 PM EST : Denver ( 8 ) at Golden State ( -8 ) —- T: 220.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• BerkeleyBoss

Millsap’s 1st quarter trolled me so hard. Thought I was gonna have a big sweat. 4 points since then lol not even close

• yisman

starters coming out now

30 point lead

• chronoxiong

You have a stat hogger (Westbrook) and a ball hogger (Harden) on the same slate and both guys were over 11k on FD. It was hard to fit them in so I faded both of them. I’m gonna win nothing again on that site. Thank god I took the night off on Yahoo though. NBA has been brutal lately.

• EhhTimmay

Morris getting garbage time would’ve been great.

Now I get to watch the free fall down the standings…

• damionismyname

@chronoxiong said...

You have a stat hogger (Westbrook) and a ball hogger (Harden) on the same slate and both guys were over 11k on FD. It was hard to fit them in so I faded both of them. I’m gonna win nothing again on that site. Thank god I took the night off on Yahoo though. NBA has been brutal lately.

never fade the stat hogger or the ball hogger. never

• yisman

well that was just sick

IT2 three at the buzzer cut it from 17 to 14

and I had GS -14.5 maxed live at halftime

bad beat hall of fame

https://twitter.com/yisman/status/1113305245105491971

• tmarohl

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Bazemore would be in the winning lineup.

• NoLimits0

@tmarohl said...

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Bazemore would be in the winning lineup.

He’s a ballhogger too. You want to target them in fantasy. He’s never taken a bad shot in his mind.

• NoLimits0

@BBWC_10 said...

Who cares who the better player is? Tonight Russ scored 87pts and Harden scored 60. I read the board here and appreciate all the advice everyone shares. My goal is to win 100K or at least win Something every night. I honestly don’t care who wins a game or a championship

Oh in that case always target the guys who can ball hog or stat hog like Westbrook and Harden and even Bazemore to a extent at a cheaper price.

Never pick a player like Steph. Maybe 1/7 games he’ll go off but it’s impossible to predict which one and most times he’s just mediocre. Steph is literally the worst type of player to play in fantasy basketball on a large slate. Maybe in the playoffs or smaller slate it’ll work, but that’s my advice. Steph of course is a top 5 real basketball player but not good for fantasy at his price.

I didn’t know this board was just for fantasy basketball and we couldn’t talk about real basketball. If that’s the case, I agree with everyone that Westbrook is unquestionably a top 5 fantasy basketball player. There’s no discussion on that. In the playoffs he’ll be #2 ahead of even Giannis I think.

• NoLimits0

You should also target IT3 if he ever makes it back in the rotation since we are on the topic of good fantasy players.

• heeseop

Meansy nailed it with the lineup today.
    Core:
    1) Kent Bazemore
    2) Paul George
    3) Alex Len
    4) Jerami Grant

And basically, he said to jam in 5) Harden and 6) Westbrook, and 7) Marc Morris as the funt which basically necessitated 8) Vince Carter and 9) Patty Mills as the final pieces… extreme stars and scrubs.

Only lineup I used in both cash and tourneys and it placed 1st in every single one. Biggest win was $3 entry to win a $444 MLB Enormous Monster on 4/9.

Harden was reinserted briefly in the 4th to for a 3 pointer and an assist (to notch a double-double, I presume) and quickly exited. If Gary Harris had scored 1 more point, then I would have lost the monster, but because GSW blew out Denver, Harris never saw the 4th.

Great win in NBA but TERRIBLE couple of MLB days since Opening Day. Been picking lots of 0 fers.

• NoLimits0

@NoLimits0 said...

Sorry for hj this thread, but it’s really an interesting thing to think about these last few games. In the playoffs when there is limited value, I don’t care about game theory as much.

To bring this to tonight, I will list a bunch of plays I think are “good” in terms of value but will they be good relative to ownership/alternative options?

1. Sir Lancealot
    2. Alex Len
    3. Kent Bazemore (or less)
    4. Derrick White
    5. The choice of Harden OR Westbrook or both (very important of the or/and tonight with value)
    6. Perhaps Daytona Davis.
    7. The Spurs LMA and DDR with potential restrictions.

The answer is yes they are all good “value” tonight but relative to ownership and alternative choices? Not so sure.

Let’s revisit.

1. Terrible pick for chalk
    2. Yes he was good but I guess Cousins wasn’t too bad either at the higher priced point so not necessary
    3. Yes he actually wasn’t super chalky once he was announced coming off bench. Way better choice than Anderson who was announced as the starter so good pivot off of Anderson (worked in reverse since originally expected Baze to start)
    4. Yes this was good chalk
    5. Here is the big one. Having both was the right way to go. Having only Westbrook was fine too but having just Harden was bad.
    6. Yes best sub 4k punt
    7. Aside from DDR, Spurs big 3 didn’t do well.
    8. Will add Mo Wagner (at that time didn’t know he was starting). He was a disappointment for a chalk

See posted the “value” plays earlier. You just had to avoid Lance and that was the key. Mostly everyone else nailed as the core I suggested as value was choices 1-6 above with watching out for the Spurs as traps. Aside from Lance, Len is the interesting one to revisit since Cousins technically was perhaps an equal option especially if you already played Davis. But yes for guys who keep saying I’m complaining about Westbrook, I did say Harden and Westbrook were value plays earlier today and the hard consideration would be choosing and/or them. Playing the other high priced guys like Steph, George, Jokic, and KD would have destroyed your lineups.

• gaelicgirl

• Rolled

@yisman said...

well that was just sick

IT2 three at the buzzer cut it from 17 to 14

and I had GS -14.5 maxed live at halftime

bad beat hall of fame

https://twitter.com/yisman/status/1113305245105491971

Quin Cook owes you the money

• yisman

@Rolled said...

Quin Cook owes you the money

really confused by the ending

they blocked the shot rather than letting him have a layup only to let him shoot a wide open 3

if they just let him have the layup, GS wins by 15 and I win the bets

• Benf15harp

@Benf15harp said...

Late game hammer

Lol

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).