• 2020 Blogger of the Month

7:30 PM EST : Miami ( ) at Atlanta ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( ) at Brooklyn ( ) — T:
    8:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 1 ) at Charlotte ( -1 ) — T: 209
    8:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -11.5 ) at Houston ( 11.5 ) — T: 221.5
    8:00 PM EST : Washington ( -9 ) at Oklahoma City ( 9 ) — T: 230.5
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( -3 ) at Golden State ( 3 ) — T: 228
    10:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 3 ) at Portland ( -3 ) — T: 232.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• captainwacky

@jv21 said...

I am thinking I need to reset my though process, anyone know of a good article/post about SE lineups and contest for nba?

To give examples, recently we have had 2 different slates with both Jokic and Embiid playing. Of course, I play the chalkier one per that day and they busted. Game theory wise, it was the wrong play. Another example is being heavy on Kanter/Whiteside over KAT thinking 1 of Kanter/Whiteside should hit and of course only KAT hit value.

To relate it to tonight, Curry, Westbrook, Jokic and Kyrie probably dictate the slate and playing the correct ones will win you the slate.

Well don’t mistake results for process. If you believe one was the right play and would make it again, then you have to live with the results. If in hindsight you think there were variables you didn’t consider that made the choice worse, then adjust.

I think your choices were fine. As for tonight, this slate will likely be dictated by the supporting pieces just as much as the studs (depending on the site). Especially with the point guards, you have to accept that their ranges are probably similar, and there are different floor/ceiling scenarios that you might believe in. I know this is vague, but there’s a reason this stuff is difficult – by the time you figure it out empirically in retrospect, all the variables have changed again.

• gaelicgirl

Calling bullshit on this contact tracing for Damion Lee (out 10-14 days) and Kent Bazemore (out 7 days); this is a conspiracy to keep the Warriors out of the playoffs.

• captainwacky

I mean… the league wants the warriors in the playoffs. There is no upside for them making them miss them.

• jv21

• Ranked #75

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Well don’t mistake results for process.

yeah I try not to, I am fine with being wrong but the examples I think were definitely bad choices due to a bad process, hence why I want to read about how other approach it. Like playing Embiid over Jokic was due to late news and getting tunnel vision, even though Jokic was in a great spot himself. And then cause Jokic went off the game before, his ownership spiked and I chased.

As for tonight, yeah the value plays matter but ultimately you still need the floor/ceiling with the studs on FD.

• charara1224

@captainwacky said...

I’m extremely sold on Jokic given the value and the fact that he really only has to show out a couple times more to lock up the MVP (even though it’s probably already locked), and Steph is realistically his closest competition in the media ring. (Giannis is probably still just the MVP, but that’s not happening, unfortunately)

Embiid is closer than you think

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Why’d you break it?

• captainwacky

@charara1224 said...

I mean, that’s fair as well. I’m mostly alluding to the fact that it seems like Jokic’s to lose, and I think he knows it/should produce accordingly (even though he maintains he doesn’t care).

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

HQ working for me

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@theIrrigator said...

HQ working for me

Yeah, I’ve had no issue with it. That’s why I told BiGtIgERs he broke it.

• captainwacky

I’m kind of concerned that it’s 2 hour until lock and I still think Armoni Brooks is the best play on the slate. I might have to change my name to Brendan241.

• tmarohl

@charara1224 said...

I don’t think so. He pretty much lost just about any chance last night in the national game when he went to the locker room. Looks like he is not playing tomorrow either.

• tmarohl

@captainwacky said...

I’m kind of concerned that it’s 2 hour until lock and I still think Armoni Brooks is the best play on the slate. I might have to change my name to Brendan241.

The only thing stopping me from locking him is the fact that House is back.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

The only thing stopping me from locking him is the fact that House is back.

I don’t think House affects him much at all, but obviously it’s the Rockets and they can do some weird things. But I also can’t see them rushing back Danuel House of all people at this point in their tank job. Get an I in your name, guy.

• seangeezy

Can’t decide between Armani Brooks or Brandon Goodwin… thoughts?

• tmarohl

@seangeezy said...

Can’t decide between Armani Brooks or Brandon Goodwin… thoughts?

DK Goodwin. FD Brooks

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

DK Goodwin. FD Brooks

I would probably lean brooks for both, but Goodwin likely has a higher floor. I have never thought much of him, but the heat aren’t great vs PGs so… meh? But clearly a much better play on DK as Tmarohl said.

• Yeoman

Well, this’ll be fun…lock for me is now and any news that comes in from here, I’m screwed. :) I’m trying not to play anyone I think is at risk of a late benching but there probably is no such person.

(Actually, it probably will be fun—we’re celebrating my father’s 92nd birthday.)

See you at the bottom. I probably shouldn’t play but (1) I don’t want to screw up my ironman achievement and (2) I’m addicted.

• jcotdl

@Yeoman said...

(Actually, it probably will be fun—we’re celebrating my father’s 92nd birthday.)

That’s a huge ‘W’. All the rest is just gravy.

• frugal

So…not convinced ATL can keep the game as close as the line suggests.

• captainwacky

@jcotdl said...

That’s a huge ‘W’. All the rest is just gravy.

If we’re getting our huge dubs out here, I’ll be selfish for a moment: I’m 2 years out of cancer treatment today, so I managed to find some beers already with my friends.

More importantly, I also think ATL gets absolutely waxed.

• frugal

Fournier minutes limit. I think Tatum might take 30 FGA tonight…

• jcotdl

@captainwacky said...

managed to find some beers already

Hell to the yeah! I am celebrating my first vax shot- but that’s a HUGE ‘W’ for you(the cancer more than the beers).. Congrats and best of luck tonight!

• captainwacky

How dare you slander beer like that ;)

Good job on that vax, let’s all just win our respective GPPs today so we can ultra-celebrate.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #37

RG Tiered Ranking

I’m not seeing the Armoni Brooks play. Looks like a trap to me

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

I came in to ask if this slate is playable and I’m reading about Armoni Brooks….

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).