7:30 PM EST : Orlando ( 1 ) at New York ( -1 ) —- T: 211
    8:00 PM EST : Golden State ( 4.5 ) at Okla City ( -4.5 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 2 ) at Milwaukee ( -2 ) —- T: 207.5
    8:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( -5 ) at Chicago ( 5 ) —- T: 216.5
    8:30 PM EST : Portland ( -8.5 ) at Dallas ( 8.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 11.5 ) at Utah ( -11.5 ) —- T: 208.5
    9:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 3.5 ) at Denver ( -3.5 ) —- T: 215.5
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( -1 ) at LA Clippers ( 1 ) —- T: 210

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mbunner23

@JSteele said...

The 76ers and Pacers can catch Cleveland for that #3 seed

Bucks, Heat, Wiz trying to avoid playing the Raptors and Celtics, so they all have motivation to win

Thunder can get the home court advantage in the first round by beating out the Spurs

Jazz needs to keep winning to avoid playing Warriors in the first round

I would imagine those Eastern conference teams are trying to not get matched up against some guy with the initials LBJ who has ran the Eastern conference for the past decade or more.

• TrustinthePlan

@mbunner23 said...

I would imagine those Eastern conference teams are trying to not get matched up against some guy with the initials LBJ who has ran the Eastern conference for the past decade or more.

^^^This, thats why targeting PHI and IND players is definitely a good move. Both are playing for home court in the first round and not to get matched up against LBJ in the first round.

• Dfspacman

If the game stays close I kind of like Durant and Thompson but Durant is quite high at 11200

• Brenmike922

Saw that Drunky McShrimp is over on the MLB forum. I’m gonna send him back over here for y’all. LOL

• KindGuy

Love massive slates but it can be tough this time of the year with all the questionable players in the late games. Hopefully we get some news early!

• ASitar

I think I’m taking a shot at Kilpatrick tonight. He’s been seeing minutes in the mid 20’s and if he sees those type of minutes or more he has a good shot at 8-9x. $3,400 on DK.

• TrustinthePlan

Love is Q with illness.

• TrustinthePlan

@ASitar said...

I think I’m taking a shot at Kilpatrick tonight. He’s been seeing minutes in the mid 20’s and if he sees those type of minutes or more he has a good shot at 8-9x. $3,400 on DK.

I like Markkanen from that game too. I think a little Kilpatrick/Markkanen pairing could be worthwhile.

• KindGuy

What are your guys’ favorite sources for projected minutes? Or do most of you create your own projections. I’m looking for the most accurate FREE minute projections. Maybe someone out there has done some r^2/correlation coefficient tests???? Thanks……

• KindGuy

If I could just get accurate minute projections…… I’d be an NBA DFS wizard…

• JSteele

I suppose your right but it’s pretty close for those 6,7,8 seeds and looking at the schedules:

Cleveland plays Toronto today followed by a back to back against the Wizards and 76ers. Then they close out with a home and home with the Knicks.

Philly plays Brooklyn, Detroit, Cavaliers, Mavs, Hawks, and Bucks to close out the season so they could easily sweep the last 6 games and take that 3rd seed.

Pacers get the Nuggets, Warriors, Raptors, Hornets twice.

I think we will see the 76ers with the 3rd seed which will match up LeBron with Indiana

• Kmasonbx

@TrustinthePlan said...

^^^This, thats why targeting PHI and IND players is definitely a good move. Both are playing for home court in the first round and not to get matched up against LBJ in the first round.

Actually, Philly and Indy are all but assured of getting a top 5 seed, Washington is 5 games behind Indy in the loss game and 6 games behind Philly. Indy and Philly’s bigger concern is getting the 3 seed, both could be ahead of Cleveland in the standing by the end of the night.

• zigger77

Dont know about you guys but I like alot of sixers, So with embiid/saric on the floor alot of rebounds/usage goes to others. So I think you can safely project simmons for 36 minutes, covington 36 minutes, ilyasova for 31, redick for 31 and belinelli for 28. And holmes/amir Im honestly not sure what you can predict. Amir got 31 last game but he had not gotten more than 24 minutes once this season so i think you could project him for 24. So with those minutes projections and using court IQ id project simmons for 49.93 covington for 42.32, redick for 31 and belinelli for 28, ilyasova for 30? Based on dk pricings it seems as if bellineli/covington seem like the best values. The one thing I dont understand is how covington gets this BIG of an upgrade without the 2 but numbers dont lie.

• JSteele

Anyone playing Zubac? Lopez is questionable for the Lakers which they have no real reason to play him and he’s been losing minutes to Zubac anyway. Since its a later game we might not get news until after lock and the matchup with Utah might scare off people but its not too bad of a matchup.

KAT 20-7-2
    Gasol 28-3-2
    Baynes 13-6-1
    Javale 9-8 (in 18 minutes)
    Aldridge 45-9-2 (OT)
    Dedmon 15-15-4

Zubac could get value even if Lopez plays but he should crush it if they keep him out

• osuryanf

@zigger77 said...

So with those minutes projections and using court IQ id project simmons for 49.93 covington for 42.32, redick for 31 and belinelli for 28, ilyasova for 30? Based on dk pricings it seems as if bellineli/covington seem like the best values. The one thing I dont understand is how covington gets this BIG of an upgrade without the 2 but numbers dont lie.

Well, just off the top of my head, there’s only 48 minutes in a game so not sure how Simmons can project for 49.93 minutes… unless whatever tool you’re using is projecting something on top of minutes?

• JSteele

@zigger77 said...

Dont know about you guys but I like alot of sixers, So with embiid/saric on the floor alot of rebounds/usage goes to others. So I think you can safely project simmons for 36 minutes, covington 36 minutes, ilyasova for 31, redick for 31 and belinelli for 28. And holmes/amir Im honestly not sure what you can predict. Amir got 31 last game but he had not gotten more than 24 minutes once this season so i think you could project him for 24. So with those minutes projections and using court IQ id project simmons for 49.93 covington for 42.32, redick for 31 and belinelli for 28, ilyasova for 30? Based on dk pricings it seems as if bellineli/covington seem like the best values. The one thing I dont understand is how covington gets this BIG of an upgrade without the 2 but numbers dont lie.

I like Simmons and Covington tonight. Covington will be asked to score a lot more without those two and he will get more boards as well. He’s also a good source of steals.

• JSteele

@osuryanf said...

Well, just off the top of my head, there’s only 48 minutes in a game so not sure how Simmons can project for 49.93 minutes… unless whatever tool you’re using is projecting something on top of minutes?

I think its points based off of 36 minutes played

• nbahan

@xc0achx said...

Outside of Denver tonight, who else is?

Honestly, the Thunder desperately want a win tonight. That mixed with the matchup has me having big expectations for Westy.

• xc0achx

Harden or Durant?

• zigger77

@JSteele said...

I think its points based off of 36 minutes played

I thought I was pretty clear.

• rickleese

@zigger77 said...

I thought I was pretty clear.

It was clear to me you were projecting a double OT game. ;)

• zigger77

@JSteele said...

I like Simmons and Covington tonight. Covington will be asked to score a lot more without those two and he will get more boards as well. He’s also a good source of steals.

I was really surprised at first to see how big of an upgrade it was at first look, on the season he has an 18.6% usage rate with 31.48 per 36 but with those 2 off the floor he gets a 6% usage bump and then 10.84 more fantasy points per 36. Which is pretty huge based on how the player he is.

• DC2380

@nbahan said...

Honestly, the Thunder desperately want a win tonight. That mixed with the matchup has me having big expectations for Westy.

Yup because they can clinch home field advantage

• zigger77

@rickleese said...

It was clear to me you were projecting a double OT game. ;)

It was triple OT actually

• KindGuy

Not all the games are posted above. 13 game slate. 2 games missing are Wizards at Rockets and Kings at Suns.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).