7:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 2.5 ) at Indiana ( -2.5 ) —- T: 206
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( -3.5 ) at New York ( 3.5 ) —- T: 207
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( 0 ) at New Orleans ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 4.5 ) at Okla City ( -4.5 ) —- T: 211
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 8 ) at San Antonio ( -8 ) —- T: 193
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 0 ) at Utah ( 0 ) —- T: —
    10:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 13.5 ) at Golden State ( -13.5 ) —- T: 220.5
    10:30 PM EST : Dallas ( 2.5 ) at Sacramento ( -2.5 ) —- T: 195

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• bigkino217

@tonytone1908 said...

Maybe I should’ve been more specific.

Many times the bench goes nuts in the second quarter and some of the starters come back in later than their normal rotations would have them come in. This can happen with ANY team. Then the starters start trickling in with less than 5 minutes left but the bench guys are still rolling so even when the starters do come in the starters don’t do jack shit.

So, combine that with not playing the 4th quarter at all and you obviously have a recipe for reduced production.

Again, that all assumes a blowout, which I don’t really see happening anyways. Of course any player with a rotation like Curry’s is bound to see less minutes, not benched, just less minutes.

and im telling you this doesnt happen with the warriors stars. it commonly occurs on teams where there is less of a talent gap between the starter and the bench player, in which case the coach can choose to ride the hot hand (like the rjax/ish situation). the warriors have a massive talent gap between the stars and reserves though. they’re getting their normal first half minutes as long as they’re healthy and not in foul trouble. the 4th is where their minutes get cut (and in some cases the end of the 3rd) in a blowout.

• XxHeisenbergxX

@frugal said...

Barea or Harris (or likely both) has to play due to being so thin at guard with both Curry and Matthews out, though I don’t like either tonight. Barnes is very tempting as he should be the focal point of the offense. My fear is he only plays 20 minutes and they run in the backup forwards. I’ll pencil him in to at least 1 game.

All great points I just can’t pull the trigger..especially with 11 games tonight I should be able to find suitable replacements.

• hodag21

RG Overall Ranking

Cool argument guys. Please keep going

• winnerchickendinner

Doesn’t Joe Johnson get the most time at power forward since derrick favors is out? Or do they have Hayward switch up there and he plays small forward when he gets in?

• lembaba

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #81

RG Tiered Ranking

@colb24 said...

Mudiay? Do I try it

I’m trying it in one lineup…

• thetitanlb

Is there no grind down today?

• gaelicgirl

@hodag21 said...

Cool argument guys. Please keep going

LOL I’ve enjoyed it, both sides make good points, tonytone1908 in general and bigkino217 clearly watches every Warriors game (as I do) and knows their rotations well. Close enough to a draw that both sides can shake hands and feel vindicated in their positions, IMO.

• FDDough

• iron_tactics

Such a weird slate, the value today is just silly and I can’t figure out who I want to pay up for with all the extra salary.

• tonytone1908

@gaelicgirl said...

LOL I’ve enjoyed it, both sides make good points, tonytone1908 in general and bigkino217 clearly watches every Warriors game (as I do) and knows their rotations well. Close enough to a draw that both sides can shake hands and feel vindicated in their positions, IMO.

I’m not even sure why we’re arguing TBH. I was simply agreeing with your comment. Besides, Bill seems to also think this is a meaningless game which means more minutes for the bench guys right? Which is something I’ve seen building lately anyways with guys like Iggy, Clark and McGee. Total recipe for reduced minutes for Steph but Klay and Dray usually get their’s regardless is all I’m trying to say.

• MrPerfekt7

@Dirt_Lavert said...

Random Ben McLemore 30 burger game ?

Nope, played him the other day and he burned me.
    Smh

• hodag21

RG Overall Ranking

@gaelicgirl said...

Ha. Yeah I get what each side is saying, pretty common sense stuff, but the fact that we are 3-4 pages later with each still having to state their cases on a 2nd quarter rotation of a team. And why they are right and other is wrong. Little silly.

Guess I’m not one to understand pointless over kill of arguments when it’s clear the other one isn’t just going to back down and admit defeat.

But I guess to win a gpp we should explore every little miniscule situation and what could possibly happen

• MrPerfekt7

@FDDough said...

In Courtney Lee i trust

Hell hope he has the balls to step up and lead the guards

• XxHeisenbergxX

@winnerchickendinner said...

Doesn’t Joe Johnson get the most time at power forward since derrick favors is out? Or do they have Hayward switch up there and he plays small forward when he gets in?

I used him in quite a few lineups tonight. We will see what happens.

• nyknick

opinion on which one to pick from each:
    OKC bigs: adams, gibson, kanter
    DAL guards: harris, barea, yogi

• Dirt_Lavert

Utah: Gobert, Hayward, Ingles, Joe Johnson. Numbers from the NO game inflated without Hayward. Thinking of playing Gobert and one of the cheap guys. Initially built with Gobert and Hayward but it feels like too much. Just not sure with Hayward back that Ingles or Johnson are elite plays although they are good.

Trying to figure out if I want to build around Boogie and AD. They’ve been hitting around 55 each lately and the implied total is 115. If both get 55 that’s about 10 off of 6 x which I could handle.

Paul George seems like my starting pick for the day. He’s just been so hot lately. Of course I’m not worried about no lus with LBJ or RWB, especially the latter.

The Dallas mess of value feels like a crapshoot. I’d play Nerlens if he didn’t burn me every time. Harris would be solid too with decent minutes. Looks like JJ will play which does limit some upside I’m guessing.

Just not even sure what to do here. I also think I need to play Lopez which scares me. Can’t have everyone. Rondo looking tasty but doesn’t have much upside over 6 x. Seems the optimizer here on RG and rotowire liking him for 35 as well which is worrisome.

• XxHeisenbergxX

I will not be watching RWB and LBJ tank my LU’s tonight.. I much prefer Butler, George, The Elf and B. Lopez

• gaelicgirl

@tonytone1908 said...

I’m not even sure why we’re arguing TBH. I was simply agreeing with your comment. Besides, Bill seems to also think this is a meaningless game which means more minutes for the bench guys right? Which is something I’ve seen building lately anyways with guys like Iggy, Clark and McGee. Total recipe for reduced minutes for Steph but Klay and Dray usually get their’s regardless is all I’m trying to say.

All your points are valid, IMO, and I disagree (respectfully!) with Bill that this is a meaningless game. Kerr has been trying to give the bench guys more playing time to get them ready for the playoffs. Wouldn’t even call it an argument, more of a spirited debate. :D

• XxHeisenbergxX

@nyknick said...

I used Harris in a few LU’s well just because…I don’t trust any news coming from the NBA. I am gambling a few LU’s with him tonight.

• XxHeisenbergxX

What about JR Smith tonight…looks like he is back in form and getting ready for the playoffs.

• tmarohl

@XxHeisenbergxX said...

What about JR Smith tonight…looks like he is back in form and getting ready for the playoffs.

For the 1 millionth time JR Smith sucks at Basketball.

• mbunner23

Who do we pay up for today on dk?

• frugal

@mbunner23 said...

Who do we pay up for today on dk?

Usual suspects in play, same as every day…

• w3stcoastoff3ns3

@nyknick said...

Seems like the scoring upside would be with Kanter and Yogi.

• KindGuy

Busy night for me. Researching for MLB and NBA!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).