NBA FORUM

Comments

• shockermandan

7:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -1.5 ) at Orlando ( 1.5 ) —- T: 202.5
    7:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -1 ) at Detroit ( 1 ) —- T: 212.5
    7:30 PM EST : Miami ( -8.5 ) at Atlanta ( 8.5 ) —- T: 205.5
    8:00 PM EST : Boston ( 8 ) at Toronto ( -8 ) —- T: 206.5
    8:00 PM EST : Memphis ( 13 ) at New Orleans ( -13 ) —- T: 216

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NBA thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• frugal

Last night was a painful reminder of why I hate large slates, went to bed with my main lineup finished (no late exposure) at 301.3 and winning across the board, woke up and it had fallen below cash in most of my contests with the cash line higher for my double ups and single entries than the $1 and .25 GPP contests. I went 1 for 3 with my under the radar value picks last night with the only standout being Gay (wish I’d taken him rather than Belinelli in my main lineup). Anyway, on to today’s early look Yahoo value plays:

Dallas Mavs – Right now, ORL would get the 4th pick and DAL the 5th. If DAL losses tonight, the order would be reversed. Coming off an unexpected win, Dallas is sitting all starters tonight to try and ensure the loss and with only 8 or 9 healthy bodies…well…someone has to score. Yogi Ferrell $13 and Maxi Kleber $10 seem the most obvious plays here, if you want to get a little sneaky Aaron Harrison $10 has signed for the rest of the season and has hit 20+ minutes in 3 of his 6 games where he returned 20,1.5, and 22.3 FP. If you want to get really sneaky take a look at G-League dynamo Johnathan Motley $10 who should be guaranteed minutes and may even get a start if Mejri sits.

Shelvin Mack $10 – On the flip side, I expect a reluctant ORL win tonight. Mack has been playing well coming off a monster 3.4X game and has hit 2X+ in 4 of the last 5.

PHI v DET – I’ve been riding DET value since the Griffin injury and they’ve been hitting, Anthony Tolliver $13 has been the most consistent over the last 5 hitting 1.8X+ in 4. On the flip side Ersan Ilyasova $14, Marco Belinelli $10, and Richaun Holmes $12 are all in play.

Rudy Gay $11 – SAS couldn’t take care of business last night and are in a fight to get a 1st round home court advantage. Sooner or later Pops is going to stop running so many minutes of 3 guard lineups giving Gay the minutes he deserves. He’s coming off back to back 3X games and has hit 1.8X+ in each of the last 5.

Good luck!

• 7klub06

@jason88cubs said...

Dillon Brooks anyone?

If he has a game tonight like he did agianst Portland watch out

Yep sign me up for him and Marshon Brooks if he plays

• 7klub06

Guards- Brooks x2, Dorsey, Murray, Augustin
    SG- Richardson, Lee, JJ
    Forwards- LMA, Tolliver, Covington, Serge, Monroe, Glass, Gordon(will he take advantage of dallas injuries)
    Center- Jonas, Niko, Maxi

Thoughts?

• feekdogg

@7klub06 said...

SG- Richardson, Lee, JJ
    Forwards- LMA, Tolliver, Covington, Serge, Monroe, Glass, Gordon(will he take advantage of dallas injuries)

Thoughts?

I’ve never heard of half these guys, and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

• JSteele

@7klub06 said...

SG- Richardson, Lee, JJ

Thoughts?

Whiteside is a solid option at C and you should at least consider Derozan and possible KCP (beat up on the Spurs last time out and also playing 35-40 minutes with no Ingram and Ball).

I’m not a big fan of Monroe in this spot. I could place to attack the raptors is actually the PG spot so if Rozier plays he may be a good GPP option. I think they held him out last night in order to play him today since he was so confident he was playing yesterday.

• 7klub06

What’s ya thoughts about C? U think there is a need to pay up or go balanced at that price

• 7klub06

@JSteele said...

Whiteside is a solid option at C and you should at least consider Derozan and possible KCP (beat up on the Spurs last time out and also playing 35-40 minutes with no Ingram and Ball).

I’m not a big fan of Monroe in this spot. I could place to attack the raptors is actually the PG spot so if Rozier plays he may be a good GPP option. I think they held him out last night in order to play him today since he was so confident he was playing yesterday.

What’s ya thoughts about C? U think there is a need to pay up or go balanced at that price

• JSteele

@7klub06 said...

I like Whiteside, I think Miami needs to win for seeding and I think he’s getting back to his normal minutes. I don’t think there is much to pay up for. Drummond is a bit pricey even though Embiid is out. Vuc could get his minutes cut if this game gets out of hand early. Valanciunus’ upside is capped by his minutes.

I like Maxi for value and pay up elsewhere.

• dmbtrip2004

Ugh Drummond questionable

• xc0achx

@dmbtrip2004 said...

Ugh Drummond questionable

No way…that makes me want to cancel all my entries…nothing fits tonight

• JSteele

@xc0achx said...

Eric Moreland becomes good value if he is out. In theory Reggie Jackson would do more on offense but its a terrible matchup against Simmons. I think Reggie Bullock and Stanley Johnson are in play too

• xc0achx

Dragic/Simmons or JJ/AD

????

• elving188

• Blogger of the Month

@JSteele said...

Eric Moreland becomes good value if he is out. In theory Reggie Jackson would do more on offense but its a terrible matchup against Simmons. I think Reggie Bullock and Stanley Johnson are in play too

What about Zubac? lol

• JSteele

Zubac sucked yesteday, I ended up not playing him with Brook Lopez still in.

• gaelicgirl

@Cdavis21 said...

There would normally be like 10 posts on here now by now what a shame. Baseball is killing our content provided on here also

Yes, it seems that the NBA field has been abandoned for the greener pastures of MLB. Can’t really gripe about fellow grinders who no longer post here, though, to each his own. I did just gripe about the piss poor job “thehazyone” did on the Grind Down yesterday, however, ungrateful wretch that I am. Allan Lem is back today and the entire Grind Down was posted when I woke up, so that’s one fewer aggravation for today. Now if RG could just find someone who could, you know, list ALL of the NBA games for the day’s slate, that would be just peachy.

• Gathman78

@feekdogg said...

I’ve never heard of half these guys, and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Some of them never even had a prime.

• KindGuy

@gaelicgirl said...

. Now if RG could just find someone who could, you know, list ALL of the NBA games for the day’s slate, that would be just peachy.

Getting a little greedy there. ;)

• TrustinthePlan

With Drummond questionable, that ups the number of Simmons/AD stacks, ugh. Mejri news really will determine a lot of my lineups, can easily fit 2 studs and a high mid tier if Mejri plays, otherwise, I will have to readjust and get Kleber in.

• mbunner23

There’s really only like 10 viable cash game plays it seems. Cash games look fairly easy today…

The prize pools are suffering on DK as well, now that baseball is here. I play both sports but I wish NBA didn’t start sucking at the end of the year with everything.

• KindGuy

@mbunner23 said...

There’s really only like 10 viable cash game plays it seems. Cash games look fairly easy today…

The prize pools are suffering on DK as well, now that baseball is here. I play both sports but I wish NBA didn’t start sucking at the end of the year with everything.

If it means less sharks and high rollers, then I’m perfectly content settling for a $50,000 top prize for just a $10 investment.

• Kmasonbx

@mbunner23 said...

Cash games look fairly easy today

Yea, don’t play them. Lol

• mbunner23

@Kmasonbx said...

Yea, don’t play them. Lol

I always play them.

• TrustinthePlan

@mbunner23 said...

I played them but was on a bad losing streak and with the Masters this week have stopped playing nba cash games. I just couldn’t get the right guys in my cash lineups. I felt good about them most nights, just never could hit. I love playing cash on dk, and perhaps for next week and the playoffs will get back in.

• xc0achx

@xc0achx said...

Anybody?

• JoCo

Dk wise I don’t think you’re going to have to get 6x from the studs to do well.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.