7:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( -4 ) at Minnesota ( 4 ) — T: 234
    7:00 PM EST : Detroit ( -3 ) at Oklahoma City ( 3 ) — T: 212
    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 9 ) at San Antonio ( -9 ) — T: 216.5
    7:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at Toronto ( -4.5 ) — T: 228.5
    7:00 PM EST : Utah ( -4.5 ) at Dallas ( 4.5 ) — T: 224
    7:00 PM EST : New York ( 4 ) at Brooklyn ( -4 ) — T: 216.5
    8:00 PM EST: Phoenix ( -14 ) at Houston ( 14 ) — T: 220

RG NBA DRAFTKINGS LEAGUE

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan240

Brendan239 are you home?

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

Locks climbed to 10-4 after last night, but it was an ugly way to get there. I felt 600x more comfortable with my SAS -15 pick two nights ago than the Atlanta pick yesterday, but such is life. 10-4 in two weeks and I’ll take it.

Was@Tor – Toronto is playing the front end of a back to back in their second consecutive home game. Drill this into your head. Teams playing the first of a back to back at home suck worse than a team playing the back end of a back to back on the road. I’m no psychologist. I can’t get into the why. I only know what the data says. Washington meanwhile is playing their first road game. Also bad. Before these factors, I had Toronto favored by 3.5 and Washington gets a slight edge due to the scheduling, but Vegas has Toronto favored by 5. I’m on Washington covering and won’t shy away from that +160 moneyline. Of course, I am assuming Rui, Brad, and FVV all play. Whole different ballgame if any of those are out. I’m on both OG and Siakam for DFS.

NY@Brk – Vegas has Brooklyn by 6, while I have them by 8.5. However, Brooklyn is playing their first home game with a back to back returning east an hour. All three of those factors are bad. Meanwhile, NY is playing their second consecutive road game, which is a slight positive and is Brooklyn really a road game? Anyway, That’s enough of an edge to make me not want to touch this game. Not only do I think I can ignore this one for betting purposes, but I also see no one here over 5x and will fade most everyone except for one offs. Now, I am assuming Harden plays and Griffin is out and those being reversed could change everything.

Uta@Dal – Dallas is playing their first home game, traveling West an hour, while Utah is playing their first road game, traveling east an hour. All of these are negatives, but moreso against Dallas. I had this as a pick ‘em with a very slight edge to Dallas and Vegas has Utah as the 5.5 point fave. I’m not arguing this one and if I touch anything here, it will be that +170 ML for Dallas to win in a parlay. Again, a game with no players over 5x and I can fade everywhere. This is assuming JRich and Unicorn play, so if either don’t, that changes everything.

Sac@Min – Fun one! Minnesota travels West one hour to play their first home game, huge negative. Sacramento is playing their first road game, which is a negative, but check this out. Teams that travel 2 hours east for an away game are 22-9! Agreed, it’s a 31 game sample size out of 737 games played, but still! 22-9! AND the road team outscores the home team by an average of 7%! The road team is 8-3 in games decided by 15+ points to boot. Now, I already had Sacramento as the 2.5 point favorite in this battle of coaches I depise the most and Lord knows both have burnt me before, but I’m all over Sacramento covering, making that my lock of the night AND I’ll be playing a lot of the alternative line of Sacramento covering 14.5. On DFS, it’s a different story as I have McLaughlin, Reid, KAT, and Æ all over 5x, and I’ll be sure to be on Reid heavier than most in this potential blowout.

Det@OKC – Vegas has Detroit by 3 and I have them by 2. However, OKC is playing their first home game traveling 2 hours east which is the WORST possible factor for a home team in the 13 game sample size with teams who do that having a 5-8 record. Meanwhile, Detroit is playing the front end of a back to back on the road which is actually a positive, playing their first road game which is slightly negative, and traveling 1 hour west which is slightly negative. I’m going to go with Detroit to cover here, but not with enough confidence to lock it in. With Plumdog out, Stewart is my #1 DKP/$ player on tonight’s slate, but I’m guessing he’s going to be real chalky. One that might not be is Hamidou, who I have going almost 6x.

Cle@SAS – San Antonio wraps up it’s 9(!) game homestand with Cleveland coming to town. Cleveland is playing it’s second straight road game, a slight positive, and travels one hour west which is a larger negative. I have SA by 7.5 and Vegas has them by 9. I’m not touching that. However, I do have Nance and Allen returning and if either are out, that changes things. Along with not touching this game, again I’m looking at little to like on the DFS side of things here.

Pho@Hou – Nice to have an early night with this being the last tip at 8pm EDT. I have Phoenix by 11.5 and Vegas has them by 11. Again, no interest there. Houston is playing a back to back in their second consecutive home game, which is bad, but not as bad as you would think. Meanwhile, Phoenix travels East one hour for their first road game and both factors are negatives, giving Houston a slight edge. Not enough for me to move onto them in any shape or form though. I do have Ayton showing up big here, but I would be wary of a blowout, which should only help Avery Bradley.

Good luck tonight!

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

Wild slate incoming. Everything locking, but one game at 7. Tons of guys out already, maybe more to come.

We already have

DET – Ellington, McGruder, Plumlee OUT
    OKC – Everyone that’s been out, out, plus now Roby OUT
    MIN – Rubio, Beasley, Nowell all DOUBTFUL
    DAL – Porzingis and Richardson QUESTIONABLE
    TOR – Lowry OUT again, Hood OUT, and Van Vleet QUESTIONABLE
    WAS – Beal QUESTIONABLE again, as is Rui

No idea about Houston or Cleveland yet, and more importantly no idea about BKN yet.

Would anyone be surprised if Harden sat again or Harden played and Kyrie sat? Not to mention both Griffin and LMA. Have to think one or both sit.

• tmarohl

Slate is over early. Late night hammer is a 7PM game I believe. I guess they want to give the NCAA Championship game the limelight tonight.

• dominicanpapi

There’s already too much value on FD, and if that hits, it’s going to be a 400 point night on FD even on a small slate like this. What makes it worse is that the value plays are all in good matchups, the Minnesota guys play the Kings, Pistons and OKC play each other, Raptors play the Wizards.

Let’s say FVV is out (FWIW, I think he’s doubtful, he didn’t practice last night), Flynn is 3500 on both sites. Who’s to stop you from just playing Flynn and McLaughlin at point guard? Or Stewart and McDaniels at PF?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@dominicanpapi said...

Let’s say FVV is out (FWIW, I think he’s doubtful, he didn’t practice last night), Flynn is 3500 on both sites. Who’s to stop you from just playing Flynn and McLaughlin at point guard? Or Stewart and McDaniels at PF?

Nothing specifically is stopping you, other than Westbrook if Beal is out. Doncic if Porzingis is out. Irving if Harden is out again. It’ll be a complicated puzzle.

At PF, you have Tony Bradley with Roby out now to think about. Siakam if FVV is out. Randle seems overdue too, and it is BKN.

Stewart though is hard not to lock. His two starts though from when Plumlee was out are very contrasting. One against Indy where he was more than worth it, and one against Boston where he ended up in foul trouble and only played 22 minutes and was very underwhelming.

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

Nothing specifically is stopping you, other than Westbrook if Beal is out. Doncic if Porzingis is out. Irving if Harden is out again. It’ll be a complicated puzzle.

At PF, you have Tony Bradley with Roby out now to think about. Siakam if FVV is out. Randle seems overdue too, and it is BKN.

Stewart though is hard not to lock. His two starts though from when Plumlee was out are very contrasting. One against Indy where he was more than worth it, and one against Boston where he ended up in foul trouble and only played 22 minutes and was very underwhelming.

I would play Russ if Beal is in. If Beal is out, I’m not so sure. Rui already got ruled out, so that’s one less offensive guy the Wizards have tonight which lowers Russ’ peripheral stats a bit.

Justin Jackson is getting waived, which means OKC is running 8 guys tonight. I love Kenrich Williams again.

• Brendan239

Is Dort a good, sneaky play with the “GTD” tag and Roby out?

• Brendan239

Does Gobert usually smash Dallas?

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Does Gobert usually smash Dallas?

• Njsum1

I will not play Avery Bradley

7pm…me putting Avery Bradley in at least 1 lineup

• P0key

@Pandamonious said...

Does Gobert usually smash

No

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

7pm…me putting Avery Bradley in at least 1 lineup

9 PM….

• jdtrey

Read the last page and a half last night and looks like I missed something fun haha
    Did you guys do something like a worst player in the league draft last night?

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

9 PM….

Lmao….so true

He did get 26 minutes and house is out tonight as well….wasn’t a bad idea for 3600, yet admittedly I got a little overly enthusiastic on his ability to not suck.

• Njsum1

@P0key said...

No

The answer is yes, yet if Boban starts, it could change that a bit.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Lmao….so true

He did get 26 minutes and house is out tonight as well….wasn’t a bad idea for 3600, yet admittedly I got a little overly enthusiastic on his ability to not suck.

No, I like him too. I had 20 line ups, and think I went like 45%. I even had a little on FD where he was 4.3K. I kept thinking about him dropping 50 burgers with Memphis a couple years back. I’ll possibly be going back there tonight, but not sure how much. Depends on news.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@jdtrey said...

Read the last page and a half last night and looks like I missed something fun haha

I think tmarohl was drunk and wanted to start trashing players, then yeah, started asking people to pick worst players in a draft format. Didn’t go too far, as I think everyone was too tired to make much of it.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

No, I like him too. I had 20 line ups, and think I went like 45%. I even had a little on FD where he was 4.3K. I kept thinking about him dropping 50 burgers with Memphis a couple years back. I’ll possibly be going back there tonight, but not sure how much. Depends on news.

If Beal is in should I lower Westbrook exposure?

• dominicanpapi

Harden not on the injury report.

Griffin/Shamet/Johnson out.

Allen/Nance out.

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

Yeah, but we needed more participants. Chronoxiong killed it with Franky and Knox.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

I think tmarohl was drunk and wanted to start trashing players, then yeah, started asking people to pick worst players in a draft format. Didn’t go too far, as I think everyone was too tired to make much of it.

Not drunk, just comfortably numb.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #52

RG Tiered Ranking

@BiGtIGeRs said...

If Beal is in should I lower Westbrook exposure?

I don’t know.

• Brendan239

I kinda like Josh Jackson over Avery Bradley for the same price on FD.

Best $5k and below PF on FD? Crowder, Gay, Stewart, Hartenstein?

• disciple

Finally took home the top prize in FD NBA Clutch shot. I have finished second thru twentieth a few times, but not the top spot! Porter and Barton brought it home for me. The wife and I watch the fourth quarter like it was our beloved Warriors playing instead of the Nuggets. Thank you all for the advice over the few years that I been on RotoGrinders.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).