• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( 11.5 ) at Houston ( -11.5 ) —- T: 214
    8:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 6 ) at Atlanta ( -6 ) —- T: 200
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 5 ) at Miami ( -5 ) —- T: 205.5
    10:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 4.5 ) at Sacramento ( -4.5 ) —- T: 221.5
    10:30 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7 ) at Golden State ( -7 ) —- T: 210

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• GGee87

@frugal said...

Yeah, but the Rivers rumor would’ve killed a bunch of people. Fortunately I pivoted to Sessions and Waiters both who killed it. Aldrich actually paid off despite not starting. I wanted to get Kanter in when he was confirmed starting but I couldn’t fit him in.

Agreed. Thats the risk you have to take though. Thats showing you have the cahones to throw money away in order to boost ur profit. When you can get someone at low ownership thats going to put up numbers if they play… Its beneficial to take a chance in atleast 1 or 2 lineups I think. Do it all in the same lineups as to limit exposure to getting shredded if it goes another way. Have ur no doubt these guys are playing lineups… and a few hail marys.

• TeHDruiD

To add to my last post

MPG for each player when these players are out

Rudy Gay: 36 MPG
    Willie Cauley-Stein: 36.1 MPG
    Kosta Koufos: 31.7 MPG
    Seth Curry: 29.1 MPG
    Darren Collison: 35.7 MPG
    Quincy Acy: 22.3 MPG

Without DvP factored

Rudy Gay: 36×1.20 = 43.2 DK / 36×1.17 = 42.12 FD
    Willie Cauley-Stein: 36.1×1.08 = 38.98 DK / 36.1×1.04 = 37.54 FD
    Kosta Koufos: 31.7×1.05 = 33.28 DK / 31.7×1.02 = 32.33 FD
    Seth Curry: 29.1×1.05 = 30.55 DK / 29.1×1.00 = 29.1 FD
    Darren Collison: 35.7x.90 = 32.13 DK / 35.7x.86 = 30.7 FD
    Quincy Acy: 22.3x.90 = 20.07 DK / 22.3x.87 = 19.4 FD

• chronoxiong

Cousins and Rondo are resting? For what? You got all of mid-April until September to rest! What the hell?

• flippitydodah

@Philito12 said...

Because every night when im driving home and I look at my LUs im like “holy shit, tonites the night for 12k!” and then the late games start and im like “please make 6$, please make 6$”. lol. im in it for the sweat. Trust me, I know cash is the way to go to make real bank but the thrill every night of possibly getting that big payday, for me its fun. but im only spending like 6$ a nite so my expectations are pretty low

I like to start backwards and ask myself if there is anyone in the late(est) game that I think would be in a position to have a high score based on the matchup. If yes, I try to setup my card around that player – a late game kicker if you will.

I almost never have a card without a late game player for that reason.

That being said, I’ve seen both ends of the tournament where someone is able to hold a lead WITHOUT a late game kicker. Rare, but happens every now and then. Most of the time, there is almost always someone that is able to catch the 1st place leader with anywhere from 1-3 players on their card from the later games.

• goblue84

To fade Harden, or not to fade; that is the question

• xpac21

price or seth

• Mrsmith887

Have used both this site and forum for insight and updateds for over a year now – so felt compelled to share that night after night of either small returns / even/ or losing – I placed 2nd in the DK $3 Sharpshooter last night ! Wanted to ask if anyone has a ballpark idea on what kind of taxes I should expect to pay on $8k. I appreciate any insight and apologize if it’s considered off topic

• TeHDruiD

@Mrsmith887 said...

Have used both this site and forum for insight and updateds for over a year now – so felt compelled to share that night after night of either small returns / even/ or losing – I placed 2nd in the DK $3 Sharpshooter last night ! Wanted to ask if anyone has a ballpark idea on what kind of taxes I should expect to pay on $8k. I appreciate any insight and apologize if it’s considered off topic

Congrats on the big win!

I think around $2k

Here is a nice breakdown for you

https://rotogrinders.com/lessons/taxes-in-daily-fantasy-sports-219602

• jdog32310

Booker/draymond or harden/stein for FD GPP?

• lloydjv1

@goblue84 said...

To fade Harden, or not to fade; that is the question

I dont know about that. I think He is going to go off tonight. Houston lost to Dallas last night and I am sure they want this win pretty badly.

• Mrsmith887

@TeHDruiD said...

Congrats on the big win!

I think around $2k

Here is a nice breakdown for you

https://rotogrinders.com/lessons/taxes-in-daily-fantasy-sports-219602

Thank you !

• TeHDruiD

@lloydjv1 said...

I dont know about that. I think He is going to go off tonight. Houston lost to Dallas last night and I am sure they want this win pretty badly.

Agreed and neither team plays defense

• TeHDruiD

@jdog32310 said...

Booker/draymond or harden/stein for FD GPP?

Why not all 4? My lineups are trending that way

• deerosa

How does everyone feel about Curry tonight? Spurs handled him last game and I think he will come out ballin’ tonight.

• Juanpi

Steph Curry? Lol because IMO Seth Curry is the better play tonight. If you want to play someone from GSW I think it would be Draymond Green, a defensive player. Expect both of their offensive players, Thompson and Curry, to score mediocre to low. I think around 40-45 for Curry and below 30 for Klay.

• jdog32310

@TeHDruiD said...

Why not all 4? My lineups are trending that way

Already got Aldridge at PF and steph curry and Seth curry in lineup

• soopra

@deerosa said...

How does everyone feel about Curry tonight? Spurs handled him last game and I think he will come out ballin’ tonight.

I’m all over Curry. They still need to win to lock up the #1 seed and he’s 18 3’s away from 400 on the season. He’s been open about wanting to get to 400 which means he needs to jack up 3’s tonight.

• frugal

@deerosa said...

I don’t know what to make of that game. The last 2 match ups had completely opposite outcomes. I tend to like a few Spurs from that game more than any of the Warriors as the Spurs have been playing great and the Warriors seem to have taken a little step back. I feel the Spurs will look to control the tempo.

• cookcoven

@GGee87 said...

Wouldn’t you think they would do the exact opposite?? Home floor record seems more important than beating the Warriors on their home floor. Is that game on a B2B or something?

Exactly

• TeHDruiD

Vegas is telling me that a key Spur is going to sit, or the public is just really pounding on the Warriors side of things. It’s hard for me to roster Aldridge with the thought that either he and/or Kawhi are sitting this game out

I really like Steph and Draymond tonight regardless. They just got embarassed and have been playing big minutes in order to break the record. They have to take the Spurs down twice to achieve it and I think they bring it tonight at the Oracle

The Spurs on the other hand have nothing to play for, it’d be smart for them to sit some of their guys in this one

• Capone1233

I have a sneaky thought that Tony Parker will put up a 40 burger tonight.

• tonytone1908

Last game the Warriors were without Bogut and Festus. Spurs basically went big on the small Warriors and they had no shot. Having those 2 big men back is going to make a big difference opposed to last game. Hopefully the Spurs don’t take them out of their game tonight.

• TeHDruiD

@Capone1233 said...

I have a sneaky thought that Tony Parker will put up a 40 burger tonight.

I have the same thought, but with Patty Mills

I don’t have the balls to use him though, playing a little more safe tonight

• TeHDruiD

I’m not using Collison tonight, could be a big mistake but I’m not feeling him

• lloydjv1

@TeHDruiD said...

I’m not using Collison tonight, could be a big mistake but I’m not feeling him

With Rondo and Cousins out?? I think he gets some good minutes.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).