7:00 PM EST : New York ( -3 ) at Philadelphia ( 3 ) —- T: 201
    7:30 PM EST : Washington ( 0 ) at Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Indiana ( 0 ) at Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: —
    7:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( 0 ) at Boston ( 0 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 2 ) at New Orleans ( -2 ) —- T: 202
    8:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 6.5 ) at Dallas ( -6.5 ) —- T: 194.5
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 0 ) at Denver ( 0 ) —- T: —
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( 7.5 ) at Utah ( -7.5 ) —- T: 185.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• tarheelsrule44

Only two ways to win a gpp: get extremely lucky once or play 200 lineups a night.

• sidislike

I switched out Crawford and Aldrich for Barea and Gortat. I win (lose)

• Mrm2010

Had Barea as well along with Randolph, my two duds or I would have been a very happy guy. Well, there is aleays tomorrow.

• Kujo2020

I should have took my own advice, and rostered Aldrich on FD. I just continue to make mistakes….

• Mrm2010

My best LU in a while-320 and I will win like $3

• Mrm2010

Can you say OT for LAC and UTH?

• gravitymaze

ugg wanted another ot

• Mrm2010

Guess not, hope everyone has a good night.

• xpac21

lol was hoping for double OT

• mackie64

Guess I with some of the others in here. Got so caught up in wall being out getting Sessions in my lineup right before lock and not fading Crawford. That I completely forgot about Aldrich. Sessions, George, and Barrea took the rest of my lineups down. D@&N it!!

• xpac21

damn…had a lu hit 340 with barea

• gravitymaze

Derrick Williams and Melo were my two duds. Could have had a great day

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Barea and Zebo were the two plays I never wavered on… Killed a great lineup. Man…

• rebkell

Optimal DK Lineup tonight:
    412.50 — $42,500

Pos Player Salary Game DKPts Own%
    C cole_aldrich 3500 LAC@UTA 59.00 16.8%
    PG reggie_jackson 6100 DETvWAS 57.00 18.1%
    C alexis_ajinca 4400 NOPvLAL 56.25 3.9%
    SF robert_covington 6400 PHIvNYK 53.25 5.5%
    SF giannis_antetokounmpo 9700 MIL@BOS 49.75 79.3%
    SG evan_fournier 4200 ORLvMIA 48.75 0.6%
    SG jamal_crawford 4500 LAC@UTA 47.75 59.2%
    PF david_west 3700 SAS@DEN 40.75 7.1%
  • mackie64

And just saw where Covington had 53.25 on DK tonight. Had Covington then had extra salary and went back up to George while was swapping lineup last few minutes before tip off. Should have just left lineup alone.

• Mrm2010

@Unico10 said...

Barea and Zebo were the two plays I never wavered on… Killed a great lineup. Man…

^ This-323 and $3. Yeah for me!

• Bigkeydet70

@rebkell said...

Optimal DK Lineup tonight:
    412.50 — $42,500

Pos Player Salary Game DKPts Own%
    C cole_aldrich 3500 LAC@UTA 59.00 16.8%
    PG reggie_jackson 6100 DETvWAS 57.00 18.1%
    C alexis_ajinca 4400 NOPvLAL 56.25 3.9%
    SF robert_covington 6400 PHIvNYK 53.25 5.5%
    SF giannis_antetokounmpo 9700 MIL@BOS 49.75 79.3%
    SG evan_fournier 4200 ORLvMIA 48.75 0.6%
    SG jamal_crawford 4500 LAC@UTA 47.75 59.2%
    PF david_west 3700 SAS@DEN 40.75 7.1%

Lol 7,500 k on the table wow, yea it was one of those kind of nights

• kobe23

Terrible day for me. Faded the clips/jazz game because thought it would be low scoring and jazz would destroy them. Had too much salary spare so took out Aldrich and ‘upgraded’ to Drummond. LOL. I went against my own belief today. I have always said minimum priced centers can be just as productive as high priced ones given enough playing time, and that was evident all year long with bigs such as Biyombo, Len, Jokic, Robinson to name a few. Why pay 8k for someone when a 3.5k guy can do the same job, if not better? I guess I like being ripped off.

Another thing that was reinforced today is that USAGE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matchup, DvP, talent, vegas lines etc etc.

I gotta keep these things fresh on my mind whenever I make a lineup.

• chronoxiong

Earlier today, when I said there was too much value, there literally was too much value. I had Aldrich in my dummy lineup all day, but decided to “upgrade” him into Vucevic when moar value opened up. While Vucevic hit value, Aldrich crushed value and keeping him in my lineup would’ve/should’ve allowed me to play both Giannis and Hayward as my SFs. I seriously thought about playing Hayward but decided to pair Giannis up with Babbit. The other mistake was playing Tim Frazier as he had a crappy game. Those who won “paid” up for PGs in Kemba Walker and I’m literally shocked Reggie Jackson put up a 50 burger. His game log does not suggest a 50 fdp game coming at all. So yeah, ended up winning all my 50/50s except for one game where I barely fell out of the cash. No gpp cash for me tonight. The action for NBA is drying up. As well as the posts in these threads.

• kobe23

I’m not surprised the action for NBA is drying up. I can’t possibly imagine why a recreational/casual player would find NBA DFS entertaining. There’s nothing worse than plugging in all your favorite players only to find out they’re not even playing because of ‘rest’ and getting a big fat zero next to their names. Casual players do not sit by their computer all day waiting on status updates like we do, and even then, many of the late scratches are after the lock and in some cases even after tip-off (!). The NBA needs to enforce harsh penalties on organizations resting players with little to no warning or else NBA DFS is simply unsustainable in the long run.

• bignish

My opinion of Kansas big men in the NBA has taken a complete 360 turn in the past year LOL. I used to joke to my friends that Bill Self’s program doesn’t produce good NBA big men.

It turns out that they just weren’t getting enough playing time before to prove themselves…Cole Aldrich, Thomas Robinson, Jeff Withey, Marcus Morris Markieff Robinson, etc. etc.

Motivation is so key in professional sports. That’s why we see backup RBs in the NFL and back up players in the NBA who are promoted to the starting position due to injury fucking crush it in their first couple of starts. In their minds, “its do or die” for them on the big stage while the regular starters tend to coast on a lot of nights without the same level of hunger since their jobs aren’t on the line.

It’s just human nature.

• rebkell

I’m looking forward to the playoffs, every game has meaning, players and coaches not throwing in the towel, fighting for survival, unlike this zoo we have currently.

• bmann

Today should be way more predictable on all fronts. Insanity past couple slates though.

pho-no: everyone should play. someone might randomly sit but i doubt it.

bos-atl: very high stakes. no surprises here.

gs-mem: warriors going for the record, memphis looking to right the ship. no rest for either team.

cle-chi: lbj got his rest day and i think everyone else for the cavs will play. chi owns the tiebreaker over indy, so they will be playing everyone, despite the extremely long odds.

min-por: someone could randomly rest or be limited. have to watch the news. kat only 27 mins last game, not sure if this was due to foul trouble.

okc-sac: thunder guys all got their rest day, so they will be full-go. boogie, etc. should play since it’s at home.

• Kujo2020

Wrong thread.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).