7:30 PM EST : Memphis ( -2 ) at New York ( 2 ) —- T: 214
    7:30 PM EST : Minnesota ( 8.5 ) at Boston ( -8.5 ) —- T: 228.5
    8:00 PM EST : Chicago ( 3 ) at Atlanta ( -3 ) —- T: 227.5
    8:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -7.5 ) at New Orleans ( 7.5 ) —- T: 225.5
    9:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 7 ) at Denver ( -7 ) —- T: 218.5
    9:00 PM EST : Charlotte ( 9 ) at Milwaukee ( -9 ) —- T: 225.5
    10:00 PM EST : Houston ( 13.5 ) at LA Clippers ( -13.5 ) —- T: 225
    10:00 PM EST : Washington ( 4.5 ) at Golden State ( -4.5 ) —- T: 240

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• miggs6876

Isn’t the game to target going to be Wash/GS? Curry and WB can get you 120 fps and pair it with McDaniels and Mil value.

• I mean the good thing is middleton is letting it fly, 27 shots last night.

Like i said i haven’t built anything, but I’m not opposed to having Kris, but he’s by no means a 🔒

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

Not talking about him busting. Talking about the fact that he can’t seem to dribble or pass, and these past few games with Giannis out, hasn’t been able to shoot either.

Middleton is just a really strong role player. Like, absolutely good fit to be the third best player on a team, and when he’s in that role for the Bucks, he thrives. Once he’s outside of that, he hits his efficiency ceiling too often on both ends.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

I started trying to go over the slate and there’s so many injury variables there’s hardly even a point. Like, do we even know anything about the Clippers yet on a B2B? It’s ridiculous.

Not trying to stir this stuff up again, but these athletes now a days are supposed to take so much better care of their body and be in so much better shape, yet it seems like every year there’s just more and more injuries. So, what’s happening? Are the injuries fake? Are more players “nursing” minor things they’d play through before? Or is the work players are doing to “maintain” their body actually damaging it more? I know when I started play NBA DFS 6 years ago it was nothing like this, at all.

• Tribefan18

I have a feeling either George or Kawhi will be out. I like Mann.

• Brendan239

@Pandamonious said...

I started trying to go over the slate and there’s so many injury variables there’s hardly even a point. Like, do we even know anything about the Clippers yet on a B2B? It’s ridiculous.

Not trying to stir this stuff up again, but these athletes now a days are supposed to take so much better care of their body and be in so much better shape, yet it seems like every year there’s just more and more injuries. So, what’s happening? Are the injuries fake? Are more players “nursing” minor things they’d play through before? Or is the work players are doing to “maintain” their body actually damaging it more? I know when I started play NBA DFS 6 years ago it was nothing like this, at all.

Tre logs? I like him tonight. Plus Oubre/Beal/Joker

• BerkeleyBoss

@captainwacky said...

Middleton is just a really strong role player. Like, absolutely good fit to be the third best player on a team, and when he’s in that role for the Bucks, he thrives. Once he’s outside of that, he hits his efficiency ceiling too often on both ends.

I think of him as a poor man’s Klay Thompson. Great shooter, but he can’t create much offense by himself.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Tre logs? I like him tonight. Plus Oubre/Beal/Joker

Trae is going to be the chalkiest dude on the planet tonight.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

Brendan, you want to win big money, doing things like fading Trae tonight is the move. Don’t play that chalk. Trae chalk is just dumb. I don’t care if he gets 70 tonight. It’ll still be dumb.

• captainwacky

@BerkeleyBoss said...

I think of him as a poor man’s Klay Thompson. Great shooter, but he can’t create much offense by himself.

That is exactly how I view him. And I’m not high on Klay as a ‘star’ – he’s one of the best role players of all time, but his skills aren’t translatable across environments.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Trae is going to be the chalkiest dude on the planet tonight.

I think Steph is going to be the chalkiest guy on the planet tonight.

• mbunner23

@Pandamonious said...

Brendan, you want to win big money, doing things like fading Trae tonight is the move. Don’t play that chalk. Trae chalk is just dumb. I don’t care if he gets 70 tonight. It’ll still be dumb.

Truth, give me Curry over Trae tonight.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I think Steph is going to be the chalkiest guy on the planet tonight.

I should of specified FD. I know Curry will too, but you don’t think 8.1K Trae will be higher owned?

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

I should of specified FD. I know Curry will too, but you don’t think 8.1K Trae will be higher owned?

No, because I think a lot of people are going to chase Rondo at minimum, or Teague at $4400, and then pair one of them with Steph.
    Projections have Trae at 47% though, so you may be right.

• bazerko

Why not both? They’re playing a scrub Houston squad. They got a big win over the number two seed in the West, this is a let down spot for the Clippers.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

No, because I think a lot of people are going to chase Rondo at minimum, or Teague at $4400, and then pair one of them with Steph.
    Projections have Trae at 47% though, so you may be right.

Do you like Teague at all here? Maybe on DK, but not on FD? Or neither?

• tmarohl

Is this a Cousins revenge game?

• Skee

Building stuff for late slate on FD and its like they went out of their way to price these guys to where there’s a ton of different fits with 0 salary left. I guess it works out like that because there’s only 2 games and there’s only 1 or 2 guys per tier. But its just weird that it works out like that since it uses the same pricing as the main slate.
    I almost want to delete all these 0 $ leftovers and purposely swap in what appear to be worse plays on paper

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Do you like Teague at all here? Maybe on DK, but not on FD? Or neither?

Locked him at 3200 on DK. I have him in a couple on FD. I think he gets the start and plays at least 26 minutes or so.

• Yukerboy

• Blogger of the Month

13-5 on locks but a pathetic 4-3 last night.

Ind@Orl – Indy’s favored by 4.5 and I’m at 3.5 for Indy and that’s assuming all the questionables play. Orlando is playing their second consecutive home game (slight positive) and they are 4-2 in those games while 6-14 in all other home games. No time zone change is also a slight positive and Orlando is 9-12 in those games and 1-6 in all other home games. Indiana is playing its first on the road, which should be a slight negative but Indiana is 7-5 in those games and 7-7 in all other road games. No Time zoine change for Indy makes it a slight negative on the road. Indy is 8-8 in those and 6-4 in all others. Scheduling edge goes to Orlando, who I already have covering. Not my lock of the day, but I’ll definitely have some here. Orlando has been getting lit up with being the worst at giving up FG, second at giving up 3s, and 2nd at giving up points. That plays right into Doug McDermott hands whose DKP are 70% based on his scoring. Indiana is in the bottom third in giving up offensive rebounds and I have to think Turner being out makes that even worse. Almost a third of WCJ’s rebounds are offensive.

Mem@NY – Memphis is favored by 1.5, but I got the Knicks by 2. NY is playing their first home game (8-4 compared to 6-6) and no time zone change (12-8 compared to 2-2). Both should be slight positives. But, Memphis is playing their fourth straight road game which road teams have an outright winning record in and Memphis is no different at 1-0. No time change should be a slight negative for the road team, but Memphis is 7-4 in those games too. I think the scheduling edge clearly favors Memphis, so I’m not on this one. Memphis gives up steals and blocks and Noel’s good at both. NY gives up defensive rebounds which you would think helps JVal, but Kyle Anderson gets 90% of his boards on the defensive side. NY also sends more than average to the charity stripe and Ja Morant gets 25% of his scoring there.

Min@Bos – Boston is favored by 9, but I have them by 3.5. However, Boston is playing their 5+ consecutive home game which should be a positive, but Boston is only 1-1 in those games and 15-9 in all others. Boston has no time zone change. That should be a slight positive by Boston is a massive 13-7 in those games and 3-3 in all others. Meanwhile Minnesota is playing it’s second consecutive road game, a positive, and Minnesota is 2-6 in those and 3-16 in all others. No time change should be a slight negative and Minnesota is 3-7 in those and 2-15 in all others. All said, I have Boston with a pretty good edge here and won’t be touching this one either. Boston gives up blocks and Jaden McDaniels gets over 10% of his DKP from blocks. Minnesota is 2nd in giving up FG, 3rd in giving up FT, and the worst at giving up defensive rebounds. Jayson Tatum should lead Boston in all of these today.

Chi@Atl – Atlanta is favored by 2 and I have them by 2. During this little run of mine, I’ve had Atlanta and Chicago combined for 5 of my 18 locks and was beginning to worry if there was bias there as I love both coaches and both roster makeups. Atlanta is playing its fourth straight home game (1-0 v 12-10) and no time zone change (8-9 v 5-1). Meanwhile, Chicago is playing a B2B on the road which is a huge negative. Chicago is 1-2 in those and 11-10 in all other road games. Cchicago is also playing its third straight road game which is a negative and Chicago is 0-3 in such games and 12-9 in all others on the road. Finally, no time zone change should be a slight negative. All told, I have Atlanta with a massive edge here and already have them at the spread, so I’m very close to making them my lock of the night again. Atlanta gets destroyed on the offensicve boards and giving up blocks, which should favor Thaddeus Young, but his minute have been trending down. Chicago is one of the worst at giving up free throws and steals, giving Trae Young an edge, who gets over 25% of his points at the line.

Phi@NO – Philly’s favored by 6.5 and I got Philly by 8. New Orleans is playing their first home game (6-2 v 8-11) which should be a positive, but travels 1 hour west which is the second worst home disadvantage, but New Orleans is 2-1 in those games. Meanwhile, Philly is playing the front end of a B2B on the road whicch is big positive and Philly is 3-2 in those games. Philly is also playing its second consecutive road game which is a positive and Philly is 4-3 in those games. Philly travels an hour west which should be a negative but Philly is also 2-1 in those games. I’ve got Philly with a slight scheduling edge to go along with me already having them beating the spread, so Philly is also a candidate to be my lock of the night right now. I also have this as the second most likely game to become a blowout, so I’ll be playing some Philly covering 14.5. Philly is terible at giving up 2pt FGs and FTs, both hugely favoring Zion Williamson. NO gets torched from 3 and no team is worse in giving up assists. While some would see that helping Ben Simmons, Danny Green gets over 60% of his DKP from these two stats. Not that it makes Simmons a bad play.

Cha@Mil – Bucks are favored by 5, but I got Charlotte by 1.5. Milwaukee is playing a back to back at home (2-1 v 16-6), a slight negative, and plays their first home game (6-2 v 12-5), a slight positive. No hour change should be a positive but Milwaukee is only 13-6 in those games compared to 5-1 otherwise. Meanwhile, Charlotte is playing a 5+ consecutive road game (3-1 v 10-14), a positive, and no hour change (8-10 v 5-5) a slight negative. All told, I think the loss of Holiday/ABC is being underrated here and Charlotte is my lock to cover, if not outright win this game. Charlotte is the worst at giving up 3pt FGA and Milwaukee is the worst at giving up 3pt FGM. Rozier and Graham both are helped here, but Graham is surprisingly helped more than Rozier. With the increase in minutes and no Jrue, both Donte Divincenzo and Bryn Forbes should benefit here.

SA@Den – Denver is favored by 8.5 and I have them by 7. Denver is playing their fourth straight home game, which is actually slightly negative, but Denver is 2-0 in those games compared to 15-9 otherwise. Denver is 11-6 with no hour change, which should be a slight positive and Denver is 6-3 otherwise. Meanwhile, San Antonio is playing their 2nd straight road game which is a positive (3-1 v 9-7) and no time change, which should be a negative, but the Spurs are 6-3 v 6-5. All told, I have the Spurs with a small edge here and like them to cover that massive spread, but not enough to consider them for my lock of the night. Denver is good at everything and the Spurs give up 3s and are second worst at giving up blocks. Murray and Porter make threes, but not an excessive rate, and there are real no shot blockers on Denver and I’m looking at fading this game as a whole.

Was@GS – GS is favored by 4.5 and I have GS by 5. The NBA as a whole is 71-78 on the front end of a Back to back at home, yet amazingly, GS is 4-0 in such games against Portland, Utah, Minnesota, and San Antonio. Golden State is playing their second home game, which should be a positive, but GS is 3-4 in those games vs. 12-5 otherwise. No time zone change here should be positive and GS is only 10-7 v 5-2 otherwise. Meanwhile the Wizards are 1-3 in playing the front end of back to backs on the road and 7-13 otherwise. Playing a front end of a B2B on the road should be a positive, but it’s reverse here. Washington is playing their 3rd straight road game which should be negative, but Washington is a massive 0-5 in such games and 8-11 otherwise. But here’s the one scary item and it’s enough to make me back away. Eastern Time Zone teams traveling to the Pacific time zone are 8-5 straight up. Washington is also 1-0 in those games and that win was against Portland, no slouch. I also have this game as the least likely to blowout, meaning if Washington keeps this close as expected, they could pull this one off. So, even though I have GS beating the spread, I’m not touching this one. Washington gives up FTs and 2pt FGs, Curry leads GS on both of these. He’s not just a 3pt shooter. GS is one of the worst at giving up offensive boards and with his minutes trending up, I’m loving Robin Lopez in this spot who gets more offensive rebounds than he gets defensive rebounds.

Hou@LAC – LA is favored by 11 and I have them by 10.5 LA is playing a B2B at home, a slight negative and the Clippers are 2-1 v 18-7. However, the Clippers are playing their 5+ consecutive home game, a positive, going 4-1 in those compared to 16-7. No Timezone change is a slight postivie and the Clippers are 16-5 vs 4-3 in those. Houston is playing the front end of a back to back on the road, normally a positive, but Houston is 1-4 in those compared to 6-14. Thinking Wall and Oladipo have a factor in that. Houston plays their first road game, a negative, and Houston is 3-8 in those and 7-10 otherwise. Finally, Houston travels 2 hours west. Teams that do so are an outright 4-19 and Houston is 0-2 in those while 10-16 otherwise. The Clippers have a massive edge here and although I don’t like the B2B, it’s at home and I’ll definitely have the Clippers covering here. Matter of fact, with this having the highest chance of being a blowout, taking the Clippers to cover 14.5 is a sharp move. The Clippers give up 2pt FG and FTs, helping Kevin Porter Jr. the most and Houston gets destroyed on the boards and is the worst at giving up steals making me like Kawhi Leonard and Ivica Zubac if it wasn’t so heavy on the blowout potential.

Charlotte’s my lock, Philly, Atlanta, Clippers, and Orlando were close to being locks. Like San Antonio and Washington. Gun to my head and I’ll take Boston and New York.

Good luck all!

• dominicanpapi

That ownership for Young is extremely high, but he’s only 8100 on FD and that’s probably the lowest its been in awhile.

Personally, I really like Terry Rozier tonight. The news of Holiday being out makes things a little easier for him. I’m probably going to try and find a way to pair him with Curry or Russ tonight.

Speaking of the Wizards. I have no idea if this has any bearing on his production but Beal is essentially playing on a busted hip. He’s dealing with nerve issues and lack of blood flow in the hip area. Again, take that for what you will, but as a Wiz fan, I have no clue why this guy is even playing when they have no shot at the play in games. It’s just stupid.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

How come Cousins didn’t play last night?

So he would be fully rested for tonight’s revenge spot

• mbunner23

Yuker, that info is top notch stuff especially for betting. Been wanting to say good job with your write ups.

• @Pandamonious said...

Trae chalk is just dumb

This is the hawk you want, if he’s a go.

• Wsdm61987

@tmarohl said...

Is this a Cousins revenge game?

I think the real question is to ask yourself, “do I really wanna chase a possible narrative for a guy who didn’t even leave the bench last game?”

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).