NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:30pm Cleveland(-1.5) at Chicago —- T:194.5 (Bulls lead series 2-1)
    8:30pm Houston at LA Clippers(-7.5) —- T:217.5 (Clippers lead series 2-1)

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• megs340

I’m so confused…lebron or harden? Go cheap with Mozgov with the possibility of no gasol? These play offs are kicking my rear!

• Boogie_Grinder

Clippers are a bad matchup for Harden, imo. He hasn’t really exploded like he did in the previous PO series. I’m staying away from him. LeBron, on the other hand, he is giving you the usual excellent production. For me, it’s LeBron, no brainer.

• Boogie_Grinder

Mozgov gave pretty darn good production against Boston in the previous round but he was up against average bigs at best. In this Chicago series, he hasn’t been as effective due to Gasol/Noah/Gibson trio. He hasn’t given me any reason to pick him.

Although, he can have a good game if Pau is absent, imo. If there was any game that Mozgov is going to put up more than his last 2-3 games production, this one would be it, imo. But still, I would rather pay up for either DeAndre or Howard.

It’s up to you dude lol

• Boogie_Grinder

Oh by the way, I’m relatively new to DFS. Started on late March/early April. I got instantly hooked when I entered my very first contest and placed in 1st place..don’t remember the actual name of the contest but the prize for first was $50! I tried DK mostly and liked it. Trying FD right now. Looks solid as well.

• jeffgo33

Going cheap at one PG spot. Terry or Dellavedova? Terry’s minutes are more secure but I feel like DvD has better upside potential. I’m not feeling Rivers today with Paul’s minutes likely to rise. Thoughts?

• PDFOUR

Lebron is good but not for 11.3k in my opinion. I rather have Blake Griffin for GPP

• Boogie_Grinder

@jeffgo33 said...

Going cheap at one PG spot. Terry or Dellavedova? Terry’s minutes are more secure but I feel like DvD has better upside potential. I’m not feeling Rivers today with Paul’s minutes likely to rise. Thoughts?

50/50: Terry
    GPP: DvD

My opinion.

• Boogie_Grinder

@PDFOUR said...

Lebron is good but not for 11.3k in my opinion. I rather have Blake Griffin for GPP

LeBron will need to be in aggressive-mode if they want a win in Chicago. I can see him out-producing Griffin today, imo.

• CantCatchABreak99

@Boogie_Grinder said...

LeBron will need to be in aggressive-mode if they want a win in Chicago. I can see him out-producing Griffin today, imo.

Agreed. With CP3 back in the lineup I see Griffin’s need to dominate diminishing while LeBron has to carry the Cavs with Love out and Irving not playing to potential. Just my opinion. (it’s usually wrong, btw). On another note, the last two power forward’s I have rostered on DK have not played more than 23 minutes (Gasol and Milsap). I’m going TT today. Just fair warning. If he gets injured at tip off don’t be surprised.

• Boogie_Grinder

@CantCatchABreak99 said...

Agreed. With CP3 back in the lineup I see Griffin’s need to dominate diminishing while LeBron has to carry the Cavs with Love out and Irving not playing to potential. Just my opinion. (it’s usually wrong, btw). On another note, the last two power forward’s I have rostered on DK have not played more than 23 minutes (Gasol and Milsap). I’m going TT today. Just fair warning. If he gets injured at tip off don’t be surprised.

To be fair, with or without CP3, Griffin still dominates haha He’s seriously on an amazing streak of beast games.

TT is a good option given his minutes projection and possible Pau-less Bulls today. Although, Taj can hold his own against TT..and in turn Taj could be the one that has the best game out of the possible bigs today!

My head hurts! lol :p

• jacobt11

I think Irving and James go crazy nuts today. Fading Griffin today in gpp

• spades4085

Ninja, taking a shot at fading griffin like we talked last game…

• PDFOUR

If I dont play Griffin on DK, then I would go with LBJ for sure. I hope my Bulls dont play pau gasol. We need more mirotic and Taj.

• CantCatchABreak99

@Boogie_Grinder said...

To be fair, with or without CP3, Griffin still dominates haha He’s seriously on an amazing streak of beast games.

TT is a good option given his minutes projection and possible Pau-less Bulls today. Although, Taj can hold his own against TT..and in turn Taj could be the one that has the best game out of the possible bigs today!

My head hurts! lol :p

Notice I said “the NEED to dominate” which is different than whether or not he DOES dominate. To me, LBJ MUST dominate if the Cavs are to have a chance. But, like I said, I’m usually wrong. lol.

• extremeneon01

Irving and TT or Griffin and Terry

• zyux9901

• 2014 FanDuel WFFC Finalist

• 2015 FanDuel MLB Playboy Mansion Finalist

My DraftKings Head to Head lineup with explanation.

Point Guard: Rose
    His confidence level is through the roof and is playing like the Rose of old. Even if his shot isn’t falling he can find a way to get the ball in the hole. He’s also added nice extras with over 7 boards and dimes in the last two games. Kyrie’s injury is definitely evident in his play and Paul has a lot of help now so I don’t see a monster game from him tonight.

Shooting Guard: J.R. Smith
    Always taking a chance playing him but tonight they need everything he has in the tank. I think Shumpert’s groin strain has altered his shot as last game he was 2-7 from downtown. Reddick is another good option, but I don’t see him having a game like he did on Friday. Even in the press conference after the game he was a bit surprised by his performance. Houston will “attempt” to tighten up the defense tonight which should have an effect on his game. Crawford has been playing well, mainly handling the ball but with Paul due to get more minutes he’ll probably go back to the role of catch and shoot.

Small Forward: Seriously? OK…King James
    Like Griffin, very consistent in his production thus far. This actually may be his best performing game of the post season as the Cavs don’t want to go down 3-1 against the Bulls. I’m expecting him to stuff the stat sheet. I did look at the option of fading him but with Ariza’s play as of late it is too risky.

Power Forward: Taj Gibson
    I never wish an injury on anyone, but if Pau is out then Taj will be the man. Bulls had a nice rebounding advantage last game and I know Thibs wants to keep that edge. Taj keeps it simple with defensive and offensive rebounds along with some put backs and a few free throws here and there. Solid with a great price tag.

Center: Dwight Howard
    A lot of options here, but I think with the urgency that Houston has to play with considering there situation, I see him having a monster game. He’s better offensively then Jordan and can grab double digits boards along with some blocks and steals. Top Center choice imo.

Guard: Dellavedova:
    During the regular season I remember him having a monster game when Kyrie and some of the stars were out. For me that put him on my radar and now with the “issues” Kyrie is dealing with I believe he is the best punt play. Actually I think secretly Coach Blatt probably wants to have him start and get Irving to come off the bench. I think he is a better play maker, can hit the open shot and is an overall solid defender.

Forward: T. Thompson
    Now that he’s locked into 30+ minutes he can play loose and do what he does best, get rebounds. I see him getting double digit boards and with Lebron always scanning the court he’ll have a double double by the third quarter. I think his confidence will rise once its confirmed Pau will be sitting out.

Utility: Mozgov
    If he could crack 25+ minutes consistently then he’d be the pick of the day, but for some reason they are only giving him around 20 minutes a game. He put up decent numbers last game considering his minutes and now with the Cavs getting hit hard on the boards last game you’d think they’d give the big fella more playing time. With this game being so important for the Cavs, I see him getting a light double double, but probably will still lose the game anyway! :-)

NOTE: Today is very hard to roster a team whether cash or GPP. FanDuel gives you a slight advantage since you have more options for players. I’m sticking to CASH games today and will try GPP with the Hawks/ATL and GSW/MEM games.

Good luck!

• phieaglefan

@PDFOUR said...

I heard on NBA TV that Irving is having a foot issue. Thats all they said. Bring on the King!

• zpa1989

if pau is out is mirotic at 2k on FD essentially unfadable? the upside is just tremendous. imagine a guy doing 20x value? if given the minutes, 40 is not out of the question, we’ve all seen it before.

• mjohnsonftw

@zyux9901 said...

My DraftKings Head to Head lineup with explanation.

Point Guard: Rose
    His confidence level is through the roof and is playing like the Rose of old. Even if his shot isn’t falling he can find a way to get the ball in the hole. He’s also added nice extras with over 7 boards and dimes in the last two games. Kyrie’s injury is definitely evident in his play and Paul has a lot of help now so I don’t see a monster game from him tonight.

Shooting Guard: J.R. Smith
    Always taking a chance playing him but tonight they need everything he has in the tank. I think Shumpert’s groin strain has altered his shot as last game he was 2-7 from downtown. Reddick is another good option, but I don’t see him having a game like he did on Friday. Even in the press conference after the game he was a bit surprised by his performance. Houston will “attempt” to tighten up the defense tonight which should have an effect on his game. Crawford has been playing well, mainly handling the ball but with Paul due to get more minutes he’ll probably go back to the role of catch and shoot.

Small Forward: Seriously? OK…King James
    Like Griffin, very consistent in his production thus far. This actually may be his best performing game of the post season as the Cavs don’t want to go down 3-1 against the Bulls. I’m expecting him to stuff the stat sheet. I did look at the option of fading him but with Ariza’s play as of late it is too risky.

Power Forward: Taj Gibson
    I never wish an injury on anyone, but if Pau is out then Taj will be the man. Bulls had a nice rebounding advantage last game and I know Thibs wants to keep that edge. Taj keeps it simple with defensive and offensive rebounds along with some put backs and a few free throws here and there. Solid with a great price tag.

Center: Dwight Howard
    A lot of options here, but I think with the urgency that Houston has to play with considering there situation, I see him having a monster game. He’s better offensively then Jordan and can grab double digits boards along with some blocks and steals. Top Center choice imo.

Guard: Dellavedova:
    During the regular season I remember him having a monster game when Kyrie and some of the stars were out. For me that put him on my radar and now with the “issues” Kyrie is dealing with I believe he is the best punt play. Actually I think secretly Coach Blatt probably wants to have him start and get Irving to come off the bench. I think he is a better play maker, can hit the open shot and is an overall solid defender.

Forward: T. Thompson
    Now that he’s locked into 30+ minutes he can play loose and do what he does best, get rebounds. I see him getting double digit boards and with Lebron always scanning the court he’ll have a double double by the third quarter. I think his confidence will rise once its confirmed Pau will be sitting out.

Utility: Mozgov
    If he could crack 25+ minutes consistently then he’d be the pick of the day, but for some reason they are only giving him around 20 minutes a game. He put up decent numbers last game considering his minutes and now with the Cavs getting hit hard on the boards last game you’d think they’d give the big fella more playing time. With this game being so important for the Cavs, I see him getting a light double double, but probably will still lose the game anyway! :-)

NOTE: Today is very hard to roster a team whether cash or GPP. FanDuel gives you a slight advantage since you have more options for players. I’m sticking to CASH games today and will try GPP with the Hawks/ATL and GSW/MEM games.

Good luck!

Don’t post full LUs. Your post will probably be deleted.

• silverblazer36

Pau’s status will make or break me because all 3 of my LUs are Gibson/Mirotic/Thompson stacks (draftkings)

Frees up money for LBJ :3

• silverblazer36

Moz hasn’t seen much minutes because both teams are starting to play small deeper into the game. This effects Joakim Noah as well, who didn’t play at all in the 4th quarter in game 3.

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@Boogie_Grinder said...

McHale figured out that doubling griffin makes him spaz out. Look at the second half of game 2 and all of game 3. I have more lebron than griffin today

• seand09

jamal/ J.R./ blake/ dunleavy or redick/brewer/lebron/thompson for cash games?

• DK_Ninjaaaaa

@spades4085 said...

Ninja, taking a shot at fading griffin like we talked last game…

All three cashed for me last time. Guess you did alright too? I’m going about half of my LUs this time. Rockets coach has been sending doubles every time he gets the ball so it affected his output since the second half of game 2. I think that will change now that Paul is back and give him a little more space to work with. But rockets defense is so bad you have to worry about blowout potential. It pains me to admit it but I got lebron as my #1 tonight

• mosteehooba

I threw my crystal ball in the lake today – it caused me to spew total garage yesterday. I washed out my mouth and ground down my finger tips.

The value plays today will be the big names as everybody, their brother, sister, mother, grandfather will have Mirotic and DvD – I can see ownership for JRsmith n TGib and what combination with them making the difference. But what do I know.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).