NBA FORUM

Comments

  • bhdevault

    • Lead Moderator

    • Blogger of the Month

    7:00 PM EST : Cleveland ( 8 ) at Washington ( -8 ) —- T: 226.5
    8:00 PM EST : Utah ( -13 ) at Okla City ( 13 ) —- T: 222
    8:00 PM EST : Denver ( -10 ) at Detroit ( 10 ) —- T: 221
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 13 ) at Philadelphia ( -13 ) —- T: 221.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -11.5 ) at Houston ( 11.5 ) —- T: 226.5
    9:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 9 ) at Memphis ( -9 ) —- T: 229.5
    9:00 PM EST : Toronto ( 13 ) at Dallas ( -13 ) —- T: 221.5
    9:40 PM EST : New Orleans ( 5.5 ) at Golden St ( -5.5 ) —- T: 230.5

    Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

  • Tweety888

    Preseason action tonight…MEM starters unlikely to play. Warriors starters doubtful. List will grow

  • Brendan239

    How do you NOT take Saban Lee at $4,100 when he’s below aaaaalllllll those guys (including players Sutton his team)? How do you NOT take Westy when more $4k guys will 10x than $7k guys will 7x. Trent should be sneaky after last night. MPJ should be a lock? WCj at Center? I’m even looking at Duombouya. Tonight you can leave $2k on the table and still put up 400+ and don’t be surprised if someone you’ve never heard of is in the winning LU. Cam Oliver FTW!!!!!!

  • dominicanpapi

    Yesterday was a blood bath, today will be even more of a shit show.

  • gaelicgirl

    FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    53s
    Gaelicgirl (rest) questionable Friday.

  • bazerko

    I’ve already been declared out for Sunday’s slate. Tonight will be the last slate I play until playoffs haha

  • gaelicgirl

    @bazerko said...

    I’ve already been declared out for Sunday’s slate. Tonight will be the last slate I play until playoffs haha

    There will actually be stakes on Sunday, though.

    Blazers were robbed last night, NBA trying to help Lakers avoid the play-in?

  • Njsum1

    It’s all about studs likely to play

    Westbrook, Luka, Embiid, maybe Joker…kinda putting this list together just looking at the standings 🤷‍♂️

  • Bradsh86

    I dont see tiers/showdown strategy discussed often here, I think there can be an edge to those games, does anyone have any constructive advice/strategy for those game that have been successful for them? TIA

  • Njsum1

    Edit

  • Njsum1

    Edit

  • Njsum1

    @Bradsh86 said...

    I dont see tiers/showdown strategy discussed often here, I think there can be an edge to those games, does anyone have any constructive advice/strategy for those game that have been successful for them? TIA

    It all depends on the pricing, the injury report, and who ends up doing well. There’s no formula
    Generally you want the highest raw points scorer at captain, yet you don’t always know who that will be.
    You can also put extreme value at captain, if there are enough high dollar players with upside.
    Or if you hit On a 5k guy who goes for 50 that works at captain as well.
    There’s no formula, you just have to predict the game right

  • tmarohl

    @dominicanpapi said...

    Yesterday was a blood bath, today will be even more of a shit show.

    Get some WNBA action tonight then.

  • dominicanpapi

    @tmarohl said...

    Get some WNBA action tonight then.

    I just never got a handle of the slate and went outside my comfort zone with the contests. Never again lol, staying in my lane.

  • jcrebs

    @tmarohl said...

    Get some WNBA action tonight then.

    Glad WNBA is back. Small contests, 3 years now for me playing WNBA, do ok, probably because it is basically old fashioned, do your research and build a lineup .

  • dominicanpapi

    East Playoff picture with the teams involved in tonight’s slate so far:

    Sixers – 99% chance of the #1 seed. Nothing to play for other than maybe getting their starters 20-22 minutes to keep in shape.

    Wizards – 23% chance at the 8th seed, 30% chance at the 9th seed, 46% chance at the 10th seed. Legitimately one of maybe 3 teams that have something to play for tonight.

    West playoff picture:

    Utah – 79% chance at the top seed, 21% chance at the 2nd seed. Similar situation to Philly where they probably won’t and shouldn’t push their starters to major minutes. It’s OKC, and if they win tonight, they have the top seed locked it looks like.

    Clippers – 75% chance at the 3rd seed, 16% chance at 4th, 10% chance at second. I expect Kawhi and George to sit.

    Nuggets – 84% chance at the 4th seed, 16% chance at the 3rd. I think Jokic plays to push his MVP case. It’s one of those situations where I would think Denver wants to play Dallas in a 4/5 matchup rather than Portland or the Lakers in a 3-6 matchup.

    Mavs – 79% chance at the 5th seed, 19% chance at the 6th seed, 2% chance at the 7th seed. Still a small chance they’re in the play in game. It’s the same situation as Denver but kinda in reverse, I would think they’d rather play a shorthanded Nuggets team rather than the Clippers in a 3-6 matchup. They still have something to play for, so I expect starters to get normal run with the probability this game gets out of hand early.

    Warriors – 60% chance at 8th, 40% chance at 9th. GSW also has something to play for. If they’re 9th, they have to win 2 games. If they’re 8th, they just have to win 1 game. They have to play, I’d be shocked if Curry sits.

    Grizzlies – 40% chance at 8th, 60% chance at 9th. Same situation as GSW, they have to play their guys for a chance at the 8th seed.

    Odds were at playoffstatus.com, with my own personal opinion.

  • tmarohl

    @dominicanpapi said...

    East Playoff picture with the teams involved in tonight’s slate so far:

    Sixers – 99% chance of the #1 seed. Nothing to play for other than maybe getting their starters 20-22 minutes to keep in shape.

    Wizards – 23% chance at the 8th seed, 30% chance at the 9th seed, 46% chance at the 10th seed. Legitimately one of maybe 3 teams that have something to play for tonight.

    West playoff picture:

    Utah – 79% chance at the top seed, 21% chance at the 2nd seed. Similar situation to Philly where they probably won’t and shouldn’t push their starters to major minutes. It’s OKC, and if they win tonight, they have the top seed locked it looks like.

    Clippers – 75% chance at the 3rd seed, 16% chance at 4th, 10% chance at second. I expect Kawhi and George to sit.

    Nuggets – 84% chance at the 4th seed, 16% chance at the 3rd. I think Jokic plays to push his MVP case. It’s one of those situations where I would think Denver wants to play Dallas in a 4/5 matchup rather than Portland or the Lakers in a 3-6 matchup.

    Mavs – 79% chance at the 5th seed, 19% chance at the 6th seed, 2% chance at the 7th seed. Still a small chance they’re in the play in game. It’s the same situation as Denver but kinda in reverse, I would think they’d rather play a shorthanded Nuggets team rather than the Clippers in a 3-6 matchup. They still have something to play for, so I expect starters to get normal run with the probability this game gets out of hand early.

    Warriors – 60% chance at 8th, 40% chance at 9th. GSW also has something to play for. If they’re 9th, they have to win 2 games. If they’re 8th, they just have to win 1 game. They have to play, I’d be shocked if Curry sits.

    Grizzlies – 40% chance at 8th, 60% chance at 9th. Same situation as GSW, they have to play their guys for a chance at the 8th seed.

    Odds were at playoffstatus.com, with my own personal opinion.

    Good stuff.

  • monarch

    @Bradsh86 said...

    I dont see tiers/showdown strategy discussed often here, I think there can be an edge to those games, does anyone have any constructive advice/strategy for those game that have been successful for them? TIA

    Showdown yes. I have won my share and it is what I am focusing on now.

    I set rules where I get at least two players from a team so all builds are 2×4, 3×3 or 4×2. I take correlation into account. I may play Nurkic and Kanter but I will set rules so I do not get both in the same lineup. After that I will set exposures. Generally the highest raw scorer is the captain you want but not always. Last night for example Cam Payne came off the bench to be the necessary CPT. Handbuilding would probably have never led to that conclusion. I did have some Cam Payne CPT lineups but not the correct ones.

    Certain players just correlate better with others. The Heat for example have pretty distinct correlation splits so I take that into account. Wiggins and Curry are another example. If Curry is crushing then you want him at captain and can probably do without Wiggins because Andrew generally gets his when a team sells out to stop Curry. Draymond on the other hand positively correlates with Curry because he may have 17 assists with nine of them going to Steph.

  • Brendan239

    Dwight ultimate revenge game? Do we play Okafor? I’m sticking w 2 LUs. Is Bog a good play on FD? He, Westy, Porter, and Porzingis my only pay-ups right now

  • tmarohl

    @jcrebs said...

    Glad WNBA is back. Small contests, 3 years now for me playing WNBA, do ok, probably because it is basically old fashioned, do your research and build a lineup .

    Where do you go for research?

  • WildFireXXI

    @dominicanpapi said...

    East Playoff picture with the teams involved in tonight’s slate so far:

    Sixers – 99% chance of the #1 seed. Nothing to play for other than maybe getting their starters 20-22 minutes to keep in shape.

    Wizards – 23% chance at the 8th seed, 30% chance at the 9th seed, 46% chance at the 10th seed. Legitimately one of maybe 3 teams that have something to play for tonight.

    West playoff picture:

    Utah – 79% chance at the top seed, 21% chance at the 2nd seed. Similar situation to Philly where they probably won’t and shouldn’t push their starters to major minutes. It’s OKC, and if they win tonight, they have the top seed locked it looks like.

    Clippers – 75% chance at the 3rd seed, 16% chance at 4th, 10% chance at second. I expect Kawhi and George to sit.

    Nuggets – 84% chance at the 4th seed, 16% chance at the 3rd. I think Jokic plays to push his MVP case. It’s one of those situations where I would think Denver wants to play Dallas in a 4/5 matchup rather than Portland or the Lakers in a 3-6 matchup.

    Mavs – 79% chance at the 5th seed, 19% chance at the 6th seed, 2% chance at the 7th seed. Still a small chance they’re in the play in game. It’s the same situation as Denver but kinda in reverse, I would think they’d rather play a shorthanded Nuggets team rather than the Clippers in a 3-6 matchup. They still have something to play for, so I expect starters to get normal run with the probability this game gets out of hand early.

    Warriors – 60% chance at 8th, 40% chance at 9th. GSW also has something to play for. If they’re 9th, they have to win 2 games. If they’re 8th, they just have to win 1 game. They have to play, I’d be shocked if Curry sits.

    Grizzlies – 40% chance at 8th, 60% chance at 9th. Same situation as GSW, they have to play their guys for a chance at the 8th seed.

    Odds were at playoffstatus.com, with my own personal opinion.

    With the Warriors, I thought they had a tiebreaker with Memphis so their game on Sunday determines the 8th which is why I thought they have everybody potentially resting. This could be wrong though

  • jcrebs

    @tmarohl said...

    Where do you go for research?

    Rotowire , occaisionally go the WNBA site. For today’ s 4 game slate, have read writeups on all the projected starters on rotowire, mainly just to freshen my memory, and to get up to date on all the trades/lineup changes.

  • WildFireXXI

    About the Warriors game tonight per their beat writer:

    “Ok. It’s official folks. If the Warriors beat the Grizzlies on Sunday, they are the 8 seed. If the Warriors lose Sunday, they are the 9 seed.

    Friday’s game vs the Pelicans means absolutely nothing …“

    I really don’t think either the Warriors or Grizzlies play starters tonight and risk injury when there’s a game that actually matters on Sunday

  • monarch

    Correct. Probably wants as much Nickeill Alexander Walker, Jaxson Hayes and Nico Mannion as possible.

  • tmarohl

    @monarch said...

    Correct. Probably wants as much Nickeill Alexander Walker, Jaxson Hayes and Nico Mannion as possible.

    Poole?

  • tmarohl

    Do we think guys like Poole and JTA are safe?

  • X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).