Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Wednesday, May 25th
    8:30 PM EST : Toronto ( 10.5 ) at Cleveland ( -10.5 ) —- T: 199

Thursday, May 26th
    9:00 PM EST : Okla City ( 7.5 ) at Golden State ( -7.5 ) —- T: 221

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• GGee87

Has everyone officially moved on to MLB for the year? Im riding NBA until the wheels fall off. I just cant keep up with baseball like that. I get very little joy from watching baseball… even my own team. Oh well. OKC has officially let it be known who the better team is at this point. GSW looks defeated and I fully expect OKC to wrap up the series on Thursday. It will be more competitive than the last 2 but… the end result should be the same. I didnt get to watch the second half… How come Enes Kanter only got 9 mins? That seems a bit low for him.

• jbb18

I actually think GS wins the next game, but a close out game in OKC for game 6? Think Thunder take the series. Dray isn’t good right now and Curry isn’t hitting the crazy shots.

But, I am like you, can’t get away from these two games slate, keep getting sucked in. Having said that, do you target anybody from GS at home?

Deerosa, I have been doing well in playoffs, but your piece of advice allowed me to possibly crush last nights slate. Thanks.

• IronMonkey415

Targeting Klay at home and MAYBE Iggy.

• lloydjv1

yes, sadly this may be the last slate unless GSW really pulls it together. They look lost, but maybe they have one more good game left in them. I just feel that OKC is playing at a different level and Roberson is their secret weapon.

• jbb18

I have Klay right now also. Have a line up with Iggy as well, but then of course that gets me off both Durant and LBJ.

• GGee87

Im looking at Klay, Iggy, MAYBE Bogut… Im not sure what GSW will do about the rebounding problem they are having. Curry looks wore down and injured to me. Draymond is frustrated and isnt really known as a big scorer… So OKC is making him try to be 1 and he isnt having any success at all. They clog the passing lanes when he brings the ball up the court and hope 1 of their long shotblockers can get a hand up if he decides to take a circus shot. Im not gonna lie… I threw Curry in 1 lineup just in case… But I just dont see it in him right now. Westbrook is just hurting his pride at this point… The entire GSW team seems to have given up. Id play Barbosa a little more than they are… Hes not afraid of anything and he could maybe give them a much needed spark off the bench.

• GGee87

@jbb18 said...

I have Klay right now also. Have a line up with Iggy as well, but then of course that gets me off both Durant and LBJ.

If you are making multiple lineups and dont want to have to play Terrence Ross or Maureese Speights… Thats about the only way I see to differentiate at all. Who are the best punts on this slate? Cavs bench? Cory Joseph? The obvious 1s are Waiters/Roberson/Frye… Im looking for ANYTHING a little outside of the box. Most of my lineups look the same and I dont like a couple of them and want to start from scratch. Gotta make the $$ add up though. Plus on FD they wont let you include more than 4 players from 1 team AND you have to use atleast 1 player from 3 teams. That really narrows down what you could logically do.

• jbb18

@GGee87 said...

If you are making multiple lineups and dont want to have to play Terrence Ross or Maureese Speights… Thats about the only way I see to differentiate at all. Who are the best punts on this slate? Cavs bench? Cory Joseph? The obvious 1s are Waiters/Roberson/Frye… Im looking for ANYTHING a little outside of the box. Most of my lineups look the same and I dont like a couple of them and want to start from scratch. Gotta make the $$ add up though. Plus on FD they wont let you include more than 4 players from 1 team AND you have to use atleast 1 player from 3 teams. That really narrows down what you could logically do.

I totally agree with you on who are the most logical punts and that is who I have been rolling with. But, I have been playing 95 percent cash and very little of the time play gpp. So I stick to a lot of who you mentioned in Waiters/Roberson/Frye. I realize that Roberson will most likely not put up a 50 burger again, but pretty hard to get away from him at only 3500.

And I love Iggy at home, 34 minutes last game and love when he catches time on the second unit.

• GGee87

@jbb18 said...

I actually think GS wins the next game, but a close out game in OKC for game 6? Think Thunder take the series. Dray isn’t good right now and Curry isn’t hitting the crazy shots.

But, I am like you, can’t get away from these two games slate, keep getting sucked in. Having said that, do you target anybody from GS at home?

Deerosa, I have been doing well in playoffs, but your piece of advice allowed me to possibly crush last nights slate. Thanks.

I felt that GSW would come out and win game 4 last night. I honestly felt they would bounce back. They arent making the normal shots on offense and there is absolutely nothing available for them down low…. On defense they are chasing and chasing and STILL giving up layups or wide open 3s. Its crazy how good OKC is playing right now. What happened to the team that was struggling coming down the stretch? Crazy.

• jbb18

@GGee87 said...

I felt that GSW would come out and win game 4 last night. I honestly felt they would bounce back. They arent making the normal shots on offense and there is absolutely nothing available for them down low…. On defense they are chasing and chasing and STILL giving up layups or wide open 3s. Its crazy how good OKC is playing right now. What happened to the team that was struggling coming down the stretch? Crazy.

No doubt. I am a Thunder fan, live 2 hours away in Wichita. I honestly thought Billy D was shit as an NBA coach. It took Billy D a long long time to figure out that he needed to stargger Durant and WEstbrook on rotation to have at least one of them out there at all times. And now this? It was almost like he was sandbagging until the SA series. I mean, we never saw the Kanter Adams LU, and the in SA we now see it and it has been giving fits to opposing teams. And i despise Waiters, but the guy is playing solid now. Defensively, GS doesn’t seem able to exploit the mismatches when they get switches. How many times have you seen Adams get switched up on Curry, yet he just get a hand in the face, butt down, doesn’t give up easy shot. Shots that curry was hitting he isn’t right now and that hurts.

I didn’t think GS would win last night. Home court so huge in playoffs. Did you see on twitter some guy threw down 50k on a road win for GS???????

• Tammy409

@GGee87 said...

Plus on FD they wont let you include more than 4 players from 1 team AND you have to use atleast 1 player from 3 teams. That really narrows down what you could logically do.

I didn’t think on DK’s one could roster 4+ from same team either, but apparently it’s possible but not usually pragmatic for whatever reason. I discovered this with Cavs vs. Hawks one game and thought I’d inadvertently somehow cheated (Entire CLV S5 and one of their ‘firing on all cylinders’ games). I played on FanDuel for all of 4 hours in the Fall. Hated the forced ‘homogenous’ LU’s it boxed me into and the high entry fees. To me it’s like shopping at Wal*Mart whereas DK’s more like an Indian Bazaar or crazy garage sale. Much more creativity, risk-taking, and ability to differentiate afforded.

• Tammy409

@jbb18 said...

I totally agree with you on who are the most logical punts and that is who I have been rolling with. But, I have been playing 95 percent cash and very little of the time play gpp. So I stick to a lot of who you mentioned in Waiters/Roberson/Frye. I realize that Roberson will most likely not put up a 50 burger again, but pretty hard to get away from him at only 3500.

And I love Iggy at home, 34 minutes last game and love when he catches time on the second unit.

The GPP’s may indeed be won by GSW/OKC punters. Nobody it seems in CLE/TOR game at 2000 or below likely to see run time. It’s possible, but looks unlikely. Conversely, with the other game, possible 2000 DK’s punts, all of whom have had -or come close to (@ least once) -10 FPts in last 2-3 games are rather plentiful and may ultimately decide who takes down the big $. I can’t see a singular Top Score scenario that doesn’t include a min. salary player. Anything else will tie a bunch of times, be too obvious in its roster chalky. I don’t play ‘CASH” games as don’t bet big $ so just a different perspective offered.

• gillio

@lloydjv1 said...

yes, sadly this may be the last slate unless GSW really pulls it together. They look lost, but maybe they have one more good game left in them. I just feel that OKC is playing at a different level and Roberson is their secret weapon.

They’ll have another slate tomorrow which potentially could be the last

• GGee87

@Tammy409 said...

I didn’t think on DK’s one could roster 4+ from same team either, but apparently it’s possible but not usually pragmatic for whatever reason. I discovered this with Cavs vs. Hawks one game and thought I’d inadvertently somehow cheated (Entire CLV S5 and one of their ‘firing on all cylinders’ games). I played on FanDuel for all of 4 hours in the Fall. Hated the forced ‘homogenous’ LU’s it boxed me into and the high entry fees. To me it’s like shopping at Wal*Mart whereas DK’s more like an Indian Bazaar or crazy garage sale. Much more creativity, risk-taking, and ability to differentiate afforded.

I played NFL on DK all season and really just broke even. I started NBA on DK and wasnt doing well at all. Could not catch a break to save my life. I had heard that people liked FD for NBA because you didnt have to pay so much attention after lineup lock and that worked out much better with my schedule and family situation. Woman didnt like me being stuck on the phone from the time I got home until the time we went to bed and after. lol. I may give DK another chance next season for NFL because its really only 1 or 2 days a week and I can keep up with that fairly easy… but during NBA… its just too consuming when I play every single day basically.

• BUFUu2

Tonight only playing labron, irving and frye only people to me worth starting…… So guys play lowry cuz he will go off lol

• satchmo77

As bad as gs looks I think they win this next one at oracle. I think okc takes it in 6. The question is, will raps keep it some what close tonight. Everybody will be on basically the whole starting 5 of okc. Gonna have some line ups with mostly warriors and cavs to differentiate. Maybe it will be one of those games where only Westbrook hits value. Never know. Rather take a chance like that than Ross, shumpert, etc.

• DeweyFinn

Roberson will be ultimate chalk.

Pivot to Waiters in GPP?

• TripleCee

@DeweyFinn said...

Roberson will be ultimate chalk.

Pivot to Waiters in GPP?

I don’t care what Roberson’s ownership is… This is the last slate. He’s still minimum. He’s still a lock for me….

But yes, you and as many people as possible should stick to Waiters…

• Gopackgo30

Almost every contest I play on these days in NBA on FD, there is always (ALWAYS) this massive train of LU’s, probably roughly 30 ish normally, that are the exact same. The LU train almost always includes guys like csuram, aejones, birdwings and a bunch of others that I don’t necessarily recognize. I know that’s going to happen right now with just a two-game slate, but are all these ppl just using the same optimizer or something? I’m just guessing that this is the optimal LU on the sites that these guys are using…maybe its Fantasylabs or something. Have other ppl seen this?

• IronMonkey415

Yea I wish I was in that train. I’m not asking for much, $1000 win every week is all I want
    Hell a few hundred here and there would satisfy me…lol

• Gopackgo30

@IronMonkey415 said...

Yea I wish I was in that train. I’m not asking for much, $1000 win every week is all I want
    Hell a few hundred here and there would satisfy me…lol

The train certainly doesn’t always win, or finish first for that matter. I would say it cashes a decent amount of the time. I would almost rather not be in the train a lot of times though. I’ve seen it tie for like the last spot and barely make anything. It’s just interesting to me.

• Gopackgo30

@GGee87 said...

Has everyone officially moved on to MLB for the year? Im riding NBA until the wheels fall off. I just cant keep up with baseball like that. I get very little joy from watching baseball… even my own team. Oh well. OKC has officially let it be known who the better team is at this point. GSW looks defeated and I fully expect OKC to wrap up the series on Thursday. It will be more competitive than the last 2 but… the end result should be the same. I didnt get to watch the second half… How come Enes Kanter only got 9 mins? That seems a bit low for him.

I’m riding it too. It’ll be bittersweet once one of these series ends. No MLB for me, I’ve never been into baseball at all. Don’t enjoy watching the games, and think the DFS game would be too challenging to try to get into. Need a break anyway. But I will say, the GS/OKC series is riveting. I already can’t wait for the next game. To many, it might seem like OKC has this in the bag…and perhaps they will win the series. But, I would be shocked if the Dubs don’t get game 5. I can’t imagine that a 73-win team gets eliminated from the conference finals on their home floor. OKC will be out for blood and will want to close out the series, and GS will be fighting for their playoff lives. Game 5 is going to be epic!! I imagine GS wins G5, which sets up a very interesting game 6. If GS is able to get game 6, I think they win the series on their home floor. Of any team to be down 3-1 and still have a chance to come back, its GS. And, if the series goes 7…it just extends NBA DFS for a few more nights!

• Drayzen

Anyone else think Val is gonna cut into Biyombo’s minutes tonight? I’m thinking fade the both of them.

• rebkell

@Gopackgo30 said...

No MLB for me, I’ve never been into baseball at all. Don’t enjoy watching the games, and think the DFS game would be too challenging to try to get into. Need a break anyway.

Same here, don’t really enjoy watching baseball and just can’t imagine all the numbers that need to be consumed on a daily basis to play the game, I would devour those kind of numbers in the NBA, because I really enjoy the game, but it would be a burden to try to keep up with baseball, hell it might be the best way to play DFS, totally absorbed in the numbers and not even watch the games.

• Gopackgo30

@rebkell said...

Same here, don’t really enjoy watching baseball and just can’t imagine all the numbers that need to be consumed on a daily basis to play the game, I would devour those kind of numbers in the NBA, because I really enjoy the game, but it would be a burden to try to keep up with baseball, hell it might be the best way to play DFS, totally absorbed in the numbers and not even watch the games.

I know, that’s probably what I would do if I played baseball DFS. I’d study the numbers and then wouldn’t even watch the games. I put in a couple MLB LU’s at the start of the season because FD was giving them away on a special promotion. I had a subscription to numberfire at the time, so I threw in their optimized LU and I didn’t even come close to a win. Nothing against numberfire, but baseball is very tough to predict I assume. WAY more variance than the NBA.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).