7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( ) at Detroit ( ) — T:
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( ) at Washington ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) — T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Atlanta ( -1 ) — T: 234.5
    9:00 PM EST : NY Knicks ( 3.5 ) at Memphis ( -3.5 ) — T: 217.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( ) at Chicago ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( ) at Utah ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( ) at LA Lakers ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

Got an oddball going in the Late, in 66th. 6 from UTH, Glass, and Rivers.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I swear i will never roster tht again if he doesnt get 10pts. At LEAST.

Bum mf.

• damionismyname

• Ranked #89

RG Tiered Ranking

@MickyD10970 said...

Unico who was your primary pitcher #2 tonight on DK? Obviously Glasgow was #1. I thought it was tough between Maeda, and Civale.

I got 1 lineup and it has Glasnow but I stacked Pitt/SD….ooops

Wow this stupid Dieng now.. came in and went crazy in 5 minutes. 15fp or so. Sank me in the standings.

• tmarohl

New Site? https://underdogfantasy.com/?_branch_match_id=845352811946549646&utm_source=partner

• callmetouch

Kuzma is my least favorite dfs player of all time

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@MickyD10970 said...

Unico who was your primary pitcher #2 tonight on DK? Obviously Glasgow was #1. I thought it was tough between Maeda, and Civale.

I don’t mean this to come across negative in any way, but we do have an MLB thread that could use some action and more posting, and Unico does post there, if you want to ask him MLB questions. He used Glasnow with shares of Maeda and Lynch, which he mentioned in the thread in need of action.

IMO, Maeda’s been more the victim of bad luck then poor performance, so he was fairly easy to trust, while Civale was a lesser pitcher, in an actual tougher match up and more expensive. When in doubt, I would usually always take the guy with the higher k-rate (I know Civale’s is slightly higher this season, but historically Maeda has been higher, as recent as last season), especially if they’re facing a team that K’s more.

• Skee

Got a couple shots going. One if Porter comes alive, that one is duped to hell though.

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I don’t mean this to come across negative in any way, but we do have an MLB thread that could use some action and more posting, and Unico does post there, if you want to ask him MLB questions. He used Glasnow with shares of Maeda and Lynch, which he mentioned in the thread in need of action.

Sorry Panda. There doesn’t seem to be much posting ever in the baseball thread and I know Unico is in here late most nights. My bad

• tmarohl

@damionismyname said...

I got 1 lineup and it has Glasnow but I stacked Pitt/SD….ooops

Me too, played one stupid baseball lineup. Talk about the lottery, at least I can somewhat project NBA players.

• tmarohl

@MickyD10970 said...

Sorry Panda. There doesn’t seem to be much posting ever in the baseball thread and I know Unico is in here late most nights. My bad

That is because after the first week of the season, baseball prize pools shrink to nothing and no one is interested if there are other sports going on.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@MickyD10970 said...

Maeda and Lynch

Withdrew most entries with the postponements… didn’t really have a feel for the slate
    Wise choice

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

IMO, Maeda’s been more the victim of bad luck then poor performance, so he was fairly easy to trust, while Civale was a lesser pitcher, in an actual tougher match up and more expensive. When in doubt, I would usually always take the guy with the higher k-rate (I know Civale’s is slightly higher this season, but historically Maeda has been higher, as recent as last season), especially if they’re facing a team that K’s more.

Sorry Panda
    Didn’t see your reply until after I replied to his post

Feel free to remove it

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

That is because after the first week of the season, baseball prize pools shrink to nothing and no one is interested if there are other sports going on.

You keep saying this, but is just a bad take

Mega gold glove tomorrow

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Mega gold glove tomorrow

Yeah, if you have 1500 for an entry fee.
    The basic baseball prize pools for contests that most people can afford, the $5 ones, will have prize pools of about 30K by the end of May, that is how it is every year.

The four dollar one on DK is already down to 30 K.

FD’s $5 one is down to 150K. The squeeze will be about 50K in a month, and then 40, and then 30. Just how it works in baseball.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Mega gold glove tomorrow

I think it is an awesome take, because it is true. They suck you in with large prize pools in the first weeks of the season, and they shrink to WNBA size prize pools by about midseason, unless you are a big hitter like you that can afford to play in the high dollar entrys.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Yeah, if you have 1500 for an entry fee.
    The basic baseball prize pools for contests that most people can afford, the $5 ones, will have prize pools of about 30K by the end of May, that is how it is every year.

The four dollar one on DK is already down to 30 K.

But they pick up again once nba is done and they go down again when nfl starts
    Just like nba are a bit smaller close and on the weekend when nfl goes
    That is just the nature of having multi-major leagues going at the same time… they try to optimize revenue. It doesn’t denote a lack of interest is just the natural cycle of business

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

But they pick up again once nba is done and they go down again when nfl starts
    Just like nba are a bit smaller close and on the weekend when nfl goes
    That is just the nature of having multi-major leagues going at the same time… they try to optimize revenue. It doesn’t denote a lack of interest is just the natural cycle of business

Don’t agree, because it has been a pattern forever. People lose interest in baseball because the season is so damn long, they have other things to do in the summer, so the prize pools shrink. Prize pools in NBA seem to stay about the same. Entry fee may go up a buck or two, and they may weight the payouts differently, but they don’t shrink to 30 – 60K for the main GPP like they do in MLB.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I think it is an awesome take, because it is true. They suck you in with large prize pools in the first weeks of the season, and they shrink to WNBA size prize pools by about midseason, unless you are a big hitter like you that can afford to play in the high dollar entrys.

They had a satellite in nba for the mlb gold glove
    You could have won it and than show us all how is done
    😜

• MickyD10970

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #69

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

My biggest complaint is that the lottery is usually like$18 to enter. Today I think it was $10. And there are not enough low dollar single entry/ 3 entry max contests with any kind of payout. Nice thing about NBA is they run the single entry $40 every day and the $8 and $4 have decent payouts.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

They had a satellite in nba for the mlb gold glove
    You could have won it and than show us all how is done
    😜

I don’t have a clue with DK baseball, just started throwing one if for the ironman. Always played FD baseball, but just don’t find it interesting having to navigate weather. It is worse than late scratches in NBA.

• tmarohl

it’s also not interesting because it is all about stacking. Got a decent bankroll, stack every team and match with the top couple of pitchers. Baseball DFS would be much more interesting if you couldn’t play more than about two guys from the same team.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

Tomorrow DK has
    MLB
    $1mil priz pool $250k to 1st $1500 entry
    $100k pool $20k to 1st $88 entry
    $250k pool $50k 1st $15 entry

NBA
    $200k pool $50k 1st $555 entry
    $400k pool $100k 1st $20 entry

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@MickyD10970 said...

My biggest complaint is that the lottery is usually like$18 to enter. Today I think it was $10. And there are not enough low dollar single entry/ 3 entry max contests with any kind of payout. Nice thing about NBA is they run the single entry $40 every day and the $8 and $4 have decent payouts.

I agree they should run the slap hitter every day
    Best payout structure of any contest in any sport… but probably me posting about it may have gotten the sharks attention
    Seriously. I hope not but no slap hitter today or tomorrow

• tmarohl

Wrong thread I know, but I am bitching so going to keep it rolling. Too much premium placed on strikeouts. In my opinion they shouldn’t count any more than any other type of out. Really limits your pitching pool when all you care about is strikeouts. I think I would rather see pitchers being rewarded for longevity, such as how many innings they pitch, because they are efficient, rather than an overblown number because some guy can only go five innings because he strikes out 10 and throws 100 pitches.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).