7:00 PM EST : Orlando ( ) at Detroit ( ) — T:
    7:00 PM EST : Indiana ( ) at Washington ( ) — T:
    7:30 PM EST : Golden State ( 2.5 ) at New Orleans ( -2.5 ) — T: 236
    8:00 PM EST : Portland ( 1 ) at Atlanta ( -1 ) — T: 234.5
    9:00 PM EST : NY Knicks ( 3.5 ) at Memphis ( -3.5 ) — T: 217.5
    9:00 PM EST : Philadelphia ( ) at Chicago ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( ) at Utah ( ) — T:
    10:00 PM EST : Denver ( ) at LA Lakers ( ) — T:

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Skee

3 points from Porter out of 1st. 3 min left.

I believe it about a 70-way tie though. And it was never in first so I don’t know how they have it divided up. Probably well under 1k though

AS he hits a 3 and Campazzo trips someone. Great

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Wrong thread I know, but I am bitching so going to keep it rolling. Too much premium placed on strikeouts. In my opinion they shouldn’t count any more than any other type of out. Really limits your pitching pool when all you care about is strikeouts. I think I would rather see pitchers being rewarded for longevity, such as how many innings they pitch, because they are efficient, rather than an overblown number because some guy can only go five innings because he strikes out 10 and throws 100 pitches.

YES

A charge should be +2 like a steal or a block
    A stop on 4th down should give the D points like a INT or a fumble recovery
    A shot that hits the post or crossbar in soccer should count as SOG even if there is no corespondent save… it’s NOT hockey!

Could go on and on….

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Tomorrow DK has
    MLB
    $1mil priz pool $250k to 1st $1500 entry
    $100k pool $20k to 1st $88 entry
    $250k pool $50k 1st $15 entry

NBA
    $200k pool $50k 1st $555 entry
    $400k pool $100k 1st $20 entry

You realize that most of the people that subscribe to these threads are not playing $1500, or $88 entry’s on a regular basis. Most of us shlubs on here play stakes less than 10 bucks. I mean I will play an occasional $100 lineup in NBA, but for the most part, it is 10 -15 $5 lineups.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

YES

A charge should be +2 like a steal or a block
    A stop on 4th down should give the D points like a INT or a fumble recovery
    A shot that hits the post or crossbar in soccer should count as SOG even if there is no corespondent save… it’s NOT hockey!

Could go on and on….

Exactly, need to get rid of stacking, and change pitching metrics. Fantasy baseball looks nothing like real baseball, which is what I can’t stand.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

You realize that most of the people that subscribe to these threads are not playing $1500, or $88 entry’s on a regular basis. Most of us shlubs on here play stakes less than 10 bucks. I mean I will play an occasional $100 lineup in NBA, but for the most part, it is 10 -15 $5 lineups.

Just posting the main prize pools

• Skee

1.6 out of first
    Needed OT there and Lakers got a crazy basket. Then Porter gets ignored on the last play. Of course if he did ANYTHING in the first quarter maybe he’d have been up.
    At least it works out to 15k for the guys who won. If my group moved in we woulda split it many more ways and those guys would have only got a couple hundred. Would have been rooting for them to keep the 15k if I was on the outside of it.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Just posting the main prize pools

My point is those are not the main prize pools for the majority of people.
    The main prize pool is 30K on DK for the $4, and 25K if you want to get crazy and play a single entry $12.
    You are one of the few rotogrinders subscribers that can afford to play in the $1500 entry pool.
    Most of the people that play in that pool, don’t need the advice offered here. Just sayin’

• tmarohl

Hey 866, Taj went more than 10X

• jv21

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

very interesting night. I don’t think it was too crazy and skill did matter tonight. Unfortunately I waited to react to the Noel news instead of just adjusting Taj in assumption Noel was out. Taking RJ Hampton out of my pool and playing McDermott definitely hurt. And Lonzo Ball sucked too tonight ( it does set him up a top bounce back candidate tomorrow, Idk if I can play him though)

• tmarohl

I think tomorrow you build around KD, Giannis and Curry. Not really that hard to do.

• tmarohl

These live qualifiers are a fricking joke. For instance, The Fantasea was like 7 bucks for the first two entrys in a large field. The last 25 or so have been small tourney’s with 24 entries for $777 entry fees. they only want the high rollers to qualify. Think there would be a lot more interest if they were running $5 qualifiers on a regular basis. Too much catering to the sharks inevitably ends the industry.

• jv21

• Ranked #77

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

These live qualifiers are a fricking joke. For instance, The Fantasea was like 7 bucks for the first two entrys in a large field. The last 25 or so have been small tourney’s with 24 entries for $777 entry fees. they only want the high rollers to qualify. Think there would be a lot more interest if they were running $5 qualifiers on a regular basis. Too much catering to the sharks inevitably ends the industry.

Yeah agreed. I am going to send an email tomorrow to see if they will change it up.

The dk wfbc isn’t too bad. They have satellites at different price points into the qualifier contests. I have been able to win some satellites.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

My point is those are not the main prize pools for the majority of people.
    The main prize pool is 30K on DK for the $4, and 25K if you want to get crazy and play a single entry $12.
    You are one of the few rotogrinders subscribers that can afford to play in the $1500 entry pool.
    Most of the people that play in that pool, don’t need the advice offered here. Just sayin’

Closing on my side.
    I don’t think anyone is interested in this discussion besides us… 🙃
    I am not advising or advocating anything, my biggest win came out if 13 lineups in the $15 relay throw. I rarely, almost never mme

I am playing less lineups in higher $ entries because of odds…. an i more likely to beat 30,000 or 300?
    If anyone thinks is “easier” to build one lineup in a $500 rather than 50 in a $10 contest… is sadly mistaken .. the building is much easier when you build many, but in most cases your best of 50 won’t win much because, well…. large contest
    OTOH building is harder when making just 1-3 lineups

Good luck tomorrow!

• damionismyname

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

yeah I entered the $7 one and the other at like $44 and after that its $777 to enter. horrible.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Closing on my side.
    I don’t think anyone is interested in this discussion besides us… 🙃
    I am not advising or advocating anything, my biggest win came out if 13 lineups in the $15 relay throw. I rarely, almost never mme

I am playing less lineups in higher $ entries because of odds…. an i more likely to beat 30,000 or 300?
    If anyone thinks is “easier” to build one lineup in a $500 rather than 50 in a $10 contest… is sadly mistaken .. the building is much easier when you build many, but in most cases your best of 50 won’t win much because, well…. large contest
    OTOH building is harder when making just 1-3 lineups

Good luck tomorrow!

I don’t agree, because the few times I have done high entry, the people play much more conservative. Generally, the score required to win a 25 cent contest is much higher than it is to win a $500 contest. People are not taking fliers on guys that might go off in a high entry contest. Whereas they will play weird ass punts when it is only a few bucks or cents.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I don’t agree, because the few times I have done high entry, the people play much more conservative. Generally, the score required to win a 25 cent contest is much higher than it is to win a $500 contest. People are not taking fliers on guys that might go off in a high entry contest. Whereas they will play weird ass punts when it is only a few bucks or cents.

To win you need a higher score the lower the entry fee and the larger the number of entrants
    To cash is pretty much just the opposite

• chronoxiong

Held on for dear life in the Block: https://www.fanduel.com/games/58214/contests/58214-246100279/entries/2472058783/scoring

Yeah yeah, I know. I faded chalk Westy and Sabonis. Why would I do that? Those were my main regrets for sure. And playing O’Shae Brissett who has no usage with Sabonis back. I knew I shouldn’t have played him but I was stuck working the whole day so have to live with it. At least I was able to get minimum GPP cash. Also cashed in the Swat and Dribbler and Fadeaway GPPs so can’t complain there. Put in $5 and won $9.70.

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

To win you need a higher score the lower the entry fee and the larger the number of entrants
    To cash is pretty much just the opposite

I think we are saying the same thing. Much harder to win a small cost entry than a high priced entry.
    That is also the problem I have with RG rankings. The people with the most money that can enter the easier high priced tournaments, have higher rankings.

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I think we are saying the same thing. Much harder to win a small cost entry than a high priced entry.
    That is also the problem I have with RG rankings. The people with the most money that can enter the easier high priced tournaments, have higher rankings.

Yes
    But is not “easier” because you have less entries and you have to take more stances plus a generally sharper pool of players, which is why cash lines are higher

Rankings are generally garbage

I am out for real
    Goodnight! Need that rest

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

Yes
    But is not “easier” because you have less entries and you have to take more stances plus a generally sharper pool of players, which is why cash lines are higher

Rankings are generally garbage

I agree with rankings are garbage. Players may be sharper, but they are also more conservative, that is why winning lines are significantly lower than in lower cost tournaments. Cash line may be higher, because everyone is on the same plays, and it is more like a cash game. Where would my 350 in the DK $4 placed in one of your high dollar contests? Would it have cashed?

• yisman

Lakers get beaten badly at home by the FVV-less Raptors (with LeBron playing).

LeBron then sits and Lakers beat the Nuggets. Go figure.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

Lakers get beaten badly at home by the FVV-less Raptors (with LeBron playing).

LeBron then sits and Lakers beat the Nuggets. Go figure.

So you are saying Lebron sucks?

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #98

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Where would my 350 in the DK $4 placed in one of your high dollar contests? Would it have cashed?

350 would have placed 12th in the 888 for $2,000
    But would you have produced it if playing only one lineup?

• jayzee666

@tmarohl said...

So you are saying Lebron sucks?

Are there a lot of players out there that are 36 and been in league for 18 years that don’t suck?

I don’t hate nor love lebron or any player for that matter. I just find it amusing the polarizing opinions.

Go Reaper!!

• tmarohl

@Unico10 said...

350 would have placed 12th in the 888 for $2,000
    But would you have produced it if playing only one lineup?

Most likely not, as I had played about 9 last night.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).