8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 17 ) at Milwaukee ( -17 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 6 ) at Miami ( -6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 9 ) at Charlotte ( -9 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 9.5 ) at Dallas ( -9.5 ) —- T: 220
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 217.5
    10:00 PM EST : New York ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 6.5 ) at Portland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

Bamba, Ayton (who has sneaky high upside) or chalk Powell?

• xwalker5

@tmarohl said...

FD has been tough this year. I think the pricing most days has been much more efficient than DK. DK seems to be a studs and scrubs build every night because of the positional flexibility combined with the fact that there are usually two or three 3.0 to 3.4K players you can play.

I feel ya on that. Hopefully they get the pricing tightened back up for playoffs so that the puzzle goes back to being more fun/less predictable

• xwalker5

@monarch said...

As the season gets weird less emphasis on stats and far more on the dynamics of the slate.

Which teams are in contention. Is a team on a front end of a B2B, stuff like that. More feel less data.

Couldn’t agree more! I build based on feel as well

• monarch

@Brendan239 said...

Bamba, Ayton (who has sneaky high upside) or chalk Powell?

I think Powell is a sharp GPP fade. I think Boban enters the fray tonight. I can see Powell playing 22 minutes and not being the same play he was yesterday.

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

I think Powell is a sharp GPP fade. I think Boban enters the fray tonight. I can see Powell playing 22 minutes and not being the same play he was yesterday.

What makes you think that John Wick’s nemesis and the world renown actor enters the rotation tonight?

Wouldn’t they just start him over WCS If he was gonna get good minutes?

• monarch

@Njsum1 said...

What makes you think that John Wick’s nemesis and the world renown actor enters the rotation tonight?

Wouldn’t they just start him over WCS If he was gonna get good minutes?

It is obvious to me.

The Mavs generally deploy Boban when they can. Certain matchups he just cant see the floor.

Anyways CLE is tanking and play two centers all 48 minutes in Jarrett Allen and Isiah Hartenstein and then they play them again Sunday. I think Boban grabs a first half rotation and then garbage time if there were to be any.

• bazerko

Joel Embiid questionable

• Brendan239

I’m pivoting from Mo to Ayton on FD. No is projected 45% ownership. Bam in one, Ayton in the other

• Brendan239

Haha NM on Ayton. Dwight it is l. Or Wily H w no Adams. But Zion is the play from the Pels

• billythekidcowboysheat

Slate doesn’t really start till 8 tonight, adjust accordingly😁

• Wsdm61987

@xwalker5 said...

How do you guys go about settin your lineups?

1) Do you do pretty much the same thing every day?

2) Lot of research? Minimal research?

3) Big emphasis on stats? No stats?

4) Big player pool? Small player pool?

5) How many lineups you usually run?

1) Essentially yes, however there little tweaks that and adjustments made otherwise you’re simply deposition’ money and gettin’ no return.

2) Depends entirely on the slate and also if a team is in contention or not at this point in the season. Research usually consists of USAGE, USAGE, USAGE, minutes played, the matchup, rotations, any news articles that covers the teams/players on the slate, (you can find where the motivational factors might lay and that may further assist in the player selection process), narratives i.e. b-days, former teams, hometown, etc.

3) Stats can be a little misleadin’, I tend to focus mostly on usage, minutes and matchup. As I stated before, I think usage is the most important to note given the matchup and opportunities presented because if you can find a way to pin that down, it’s almost akin to bein’ in the coaches head and knowin’ who their go to guy is.

4) My player pools tend to be medium sized dependin’ on ownership, usage(there goes that word again), matchup and price point. For example take last nights slate on FD, there was two guys at PG at 9900, Kyrie and Steph. Steph in comparison to his skill set was, in my estimation, right around his price point (low end $9,200 – high end $10,100) and had the easier matchup, but OKC isn’t a team to necessarily lay down and die because their not an overall great team. However, he was super highly owned, can’t remember the percentage, but it was somewhere near 45%. You want to be as different from the field as you can so you gotta take some risk. Kyrie (low end $9,000 – high end $10,000), tougher matchup, but it was him and Durant who get all the usage and he was at like 6% owned. No brainer for me, but obviously you still mix in Steph just to cover your bases. Again usage and minutes played I believe are two key factors to rely incorporate into the entirety of your DFS Strategy.

5) It’s almost impossible to win anything doin’ 1 LU, but if I’m doin the main slate for the $3.33-$7.77 price range I do only a few and try to be as contrarian as possible while also notin’ matchup and value points. If it’s $.05-$.25 I do maximum 10-20 simply because there’s so much news flowin’ throughout the day, i find it damn near impossible to keep up with everythin’ unless you do this for a livin’.

6) There’s no sixth question, but pick your spots. If you dont wanna pay for a DFS strategy site, try to configure your own if you have that type of ability. If not Awesemo has days where it’s free to look at the ownership tool on their site. I find that to be quite helpful. Also trust your gut, if you find yourself really wantin’ to pick someone and you feel stupid about it, pick them anyway, especially if you did your do diligence with research. it’s better to pick the guys YOU want based on feel and research than to pick a guy you’re iffy bout only see the guy you wanted have a quality fantasy day. That way you’re beatin’ yourself up about it later. it won’t always work out, but I find that when I do that, I can at least live with the results knowin’ I chose who I wanted.

Hopefully this is helpful in someway,
    Cheers!

• tmarohl

@Njsum1 said...

Powell on his own is a good play. Yet Bamba and Jokic will be awfully hard to pass on.

Don’t see both of Luka and Giannis outscoring Jokic. Maybe I’ll do 1 lineup with Powell/bamba and Luka/Giannis

Depending on who is available for Houston, can’t see playing any Bucks. Especially not high priced ones.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

Depending on who is available for Houston, can’t see playing any Bucks. Especially not high priced ones.

No Giannis?

Bucks have three days off. Why would they not let him eat vs the Rockets? Seems in the past we’ve wanted to fade Giannis in this spot and he hangs 70 in 35 minutes.

Even this year. If we look at the games the Bucks blow the opposition out Giannis is generally around 60+ DK points.

• WillyWongka

Who are some studs y’all like tonight? Seems like there are a bunch of juicy mid-tier players that I like.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

No Giannis?

Bucks have three days off. Why would they not let him eat vs the Rockets? Seems in the past we’ve wanted to fade Giannis in this spot and he hangs 70 in 35 minutes.

Even this year. If we look at the games the Bucks blow the opposition out Giannis is generally around 60+ DK points.

Because if Wood and Tate are out, the game shouldn’t be close and I don’t think Giannis would get the minutes.

• Njsum1

I’ll have a share of Giannis….although this could be the type of blowout where everyone gets in on the fun and no one dominates.

Orrrr….if Houston by some miracle hangs in there

• tmarohl

@bazerko said...

Joel Embiid questionable

Front end of a B2B for Philly, pretty much have the one seed locked up with their remaining schedule if they don’t trip up and lose about three games. Embiid will be sitting either tonight or tomorrow.

• monarch

I have plenty of examples over the past two seasons where Giannis played 28 minutes or less and surpassed 60 DK points and against better defenses than the Houston Rockets. Also helps he is coming off a down game and they dont play for awhile IMO.

• Brendan239

Is Lamb the 3 ball shooter for Houston?

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I have plenty of examples over the past two seasons where Giannis played 28 minutes or less and surpassed 60 DK points and against better defenses than the Houston Rockets. Also helps he is coming off a down game and they dont play for awhile IMO.

I do to, but if Wood and Tate don’t play, the game shouldn’t be close for very long, which limits the ceiling of guys like Giannis. Houston beat the Bucks a couple of weeks ago in what was about the most embarrasing loss I can remember in several years, so Bucks might just decide to stomp them.

• Brendan239

@tmarohl said...

I do to, but if Wood and Tate don’t play, the game shouldn’t be close for very long, which limits the ceiling of guys like Giannis. Houston beat the Bucks a couple of weeks ago in what was about the most embarrasing loss I can remember in several years, so Bucks might just decide to stomp them.

Why does Brooke Lopez eat vs shitty teams (33-39) but not show up vs the good teams (14-25)?

• frugal

@monarch said...

I think I was 100% Powell last night, will be much lower for the following reasons:

1. RC runs some whack rotations on B2Bs
    2. I really, really HOPE the Mavs have their act together and take care of this game pretty early on. They tend to play poorly against bad teams often losing due to extremely slow starts. It would be so Mavs to go out there and be down at the half though…

This feels like the pace of game where Boban can do some real damage.

• frugal

@tmarohl said...

FWIW, 4 of the 5 Q guys for HOU have to suite up to meet the 8 player min. Doesn’t mean they all play, but there’s only 4 guys not on the injury report for HOU. So at least 1 of Wood or Tate will be active tonight.

• bazerko

I think that Tate is the one that could play, but I am fading him because he could have a mins cap + he won’t get blowout run.

• bazerko

Alex Caruso questionable

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).