8:00 PM EST : Houston ( 17 ) at Milwaukee ( -17 ) —- T: 231.5
    8:00 PM EST : Minnesota ( 6 ) at Miami ( -6 ) —- T: 222.5
    8:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 9 ) at Charlotte ( -9 ) —- T: 215.5
    8:30 PM EST : Cleveland ( 9.5 ) at Dallas ( -9.5 ) —- T: 220
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 3 ) at Utah ( -3 ) —- T: 217.5
    10:00 PM EST : New York ( 6 ) at Phoenix ( -6 ) —- T: 218
    10:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( 6.5 ) at Portland ( -6.5 ) —- T: 222
    10:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( -2.5 ) at Sacramento ( 2.5 ) —- T: 226.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

2 LUs no changes. Wright/Lamb/Ayton in one, Hampton/Martin/Kelly O in the other. Monk and Bog in both

Good luck

• Dunl0p

Neck tat is a lock right?

• tmarohl

FantasyLabs NBA
    @FantasyLabsNBA
    ·
    24s
    Status note: Joel Embiid (injury recovery) a game-time decision Friday.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

2 LUs no changes. Wright/Lamb/Ayton in one, Hampton/Martin/Kelly O in the other. Monk and Bog in both

Good luck

What if Kelly O is ruled out.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

Griffin: Brandon Ingram (ankle) out indefinitely. https://t.co/8To2Rz0N7g

• Brendan239

@tmarohl said...

What if Kelly O is ruled out.

I’ll swap, prob to Holmes and go up somewhere

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@Dunl0p said...

Yes

• dominicanpapi

I like how some of these players are out indefinitely with the season being over 9 days from now lol. Just rule them out for the rest of the year.

• IT4MVP

Theis or Kenyon Martin?? FD

• WrathofKhaaan

@Dunl0p said...

Hey sorry haven’t been following this forum much lately, who is neck tatt?

• monarch

@WrathofKhaaan said...

James Johnson black belt

• Brendan239

Can you go Jeffries/Lamb on FD?

• xwalker5

@Wsdm61987 said...

1) Essentially yes, however there little tweaks that and adjustments made otherwise you’re simply deposition’ money and gettin’ no return.

2) Depends entirely on the slate and also if a team is in contention or not at this point in the season. Research usually consists of USAGE, USAGE, USAGE, minutes played, the matchup, rotations, any news articles that covers the teams/players on the slate, (you can find where the motivational factors might lay and that may further assist in the player selection process), narratives i.e. b-days, former teams, hometown, etc.

3) Stats can be a little misleadin’, I tend to focus mostly on usage, minutes and matchup. As I stated before, I think usage is the most important to note given the matchup and opportunities presented because if you can find a way to pin that down, it’s almost akin to bein’ in the coaches head and knowin’ who their go to guy is.

4) My player pools tend to be medium sized dependin’ on ownership, usage(there goes that word again), matchup and price point. For example take last nights slate on FD, there was two guys at PG at 9900, Kyrie and Steph. Steph in comparison to his skill set was, in my estimation, right around his price point (low end $9,200 – high end $10,100) and had the easier matchup, but OKC isn’t a team to necessarily lay down and die because their not an overall great team. However, he was super highly owned, can’t remember the percentage, but it was somewhere near 45%. You want to be as different from the field as you can so you gotta take some risk. Kyrie (low end $9,000 – high end $10,000), tougher matchup, but it was him and Durant who get all the usage and he was at like 6% owned. No brainer for me, but obviously you still mix in Steph just to cover your bases. Again usage and minutes played I believe are two key factors to rely incorporate into the entirety of your DFS Strategy.

5) It’s almost impossible to win anything doin’ 1 LU, but if I’m doin the main slate for the $3.33-$7.77 price range I do only a few and try to be as contrarian as possible while also notin’ matchup and value points. If it’s $.05-$.25 I do maximum 10-20 simply because there’s so much news flowin’ throughout the day, i find it damn near impossible to keep up with everythin’ unless you do this for a livin’.

6) There’s no sixth question, but pick your spots. If you dont wanna pay for a DFS strategy site, try to configure your own if you have that type of ability. If not Awesemo has days where it’s free to look at the ownership tool on their site. I find that to be quite helpful. Also trust your gut, if you find yourself really wantin’ to pick someone and you feel stupid about it, pick them anyway, especially if you did your do diligence with research. it’s better to pick the guys YOU want based on feel and research than to pick a guy you’re iffy bout only see the guy you wanted have a quality fantasy day. That way you’re beatin’ yourself up about it later. it won’t always work out, but I find that when I do that, I can at least live with the results knowin’ I chose who I wanted.

Hopefully this is helpful in someway,
    Cheers!

Preciate the response! Definitely agree that matchup + minutes + usage is where it’s at

Do you use a site for projections? Or how do you try to gauge usage aside from obvious injuries? N does it take a long time to look everything up every day?

• monarch

Im with yall on Neck Tat

• Wsdm61987

@WrathofKhaaan said...

James Johnson like it’ll be the Guillermo, Ball and Bledsoe show

• chronoxiong

Pelicans gonna get blownout hard tonight. You think Lonzo and Bledsoe will carry this team tonight? Hell no.

• Brendan239

Lonzo 60 burger

• IT4MVP

Jokic/Rozier or Vuc/Booker?

• Wsdm61987

@xwalker5 said...

Preciate the response! Definitely agree that matchup + minutes + usage is where it’s at

Do you use a site for projections? Or how do you try to gauge usage aside from obvious injuries? N does it take a long time to look everything up every day?

I use Awesemo for ownership when it’s free, but primarily I watch the games and take note of who is primary scorer/how the team chooses to run it’s offense, who’s active on defense, who’s lazy, who fouls a lot, yada, yada. Yeah it’s a lot to take in, but it’s also partially instinctual for me. If you wanna use a strategy site I say go for it if you have the disposable income, it definitely makes things simpler. Just because other people are usin’ the same sites, doesn’t mean they have the same insight, feel or have the understandin’ of how to configure an, “optimal”, LU even if they use an optimizer. That doesn’t guarantee anything, if it did, then those people would be winning’ big bucks every time they played, which isn’t the case.

• WrathofKhaaan

@monarch said...

James Johnson black belt

Thanks and BOL

• Neilj907

Murray/Toby Harris or Luka/brooks

• Wsdm61987

@chronoxiong said...

Pelicans gonna get blownout hard tonight. You think Lonzo and Bledsoe will carry this team tonight? Hell no.

Seems like a good blowout spot (that sounds weird when I say it out loud), but I’ve seen crazier shit happen. The Rockets beat the Bucks not too long ago and that should have been a blowout. Don’t underestimate how prideful these guys can be…that said, you’re prolly right.

• tmarohl

@Brendan239 said...

Lonzo 60 burger

Troll

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #39

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Lonzo 60 burger

45 burger

• monarch

P tag on Giannis may be enough for me to move on without him.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).