NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at Milwaukee ( 2 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Denver ( 3 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@tmarohl said...

I’m not convinced the Bucks are going to win this game yet.

Again, ppl forget kd will fold if he is solo.

Series gonna hinge on kyrie and beard status, but you guys can win in 6 if they’re both done.

• BiGtIGeRs

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Series gonna hinge on kyrie and beard status, but you guys can win in 6 if they’re both done.

Without kyrie and harden the bucks will run them out the gym

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

Exactly

• monarch

Something is about to happen that has yet to happen this postseason and I do not like it…a 5×1 will be optimal in showdown

• IT4MVP

So basically everyone besides KD crapped themselves for the Nets

• tmarohl

@IT4MVP said...

So basically everyone besides KD crapped themselves for the Nets

Kyrie was actually killing it before he got hurt.

• tmarohl

X-Rays on Kyrie were negative.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: Monte Morris, Will Barton will start ahead of Facundo Campazzo, Austin Rivers on Sunday.

• Brendan239

5 of my 6 $9 weelllllll in play. Poll between games….more annoying phrase –

1. “Sunday Funday”

2. “Non-zero chance”

3. “Pre-flop” (when talking DFS)

• tmarohl

That is probably a two week ankle injury in the regular season. I’m sure with 48 hours of constant treatment he will be good to go on Tuesday.

• RipCityRings

Sometimes you just can’t get a solid read on a slate. I knew Middleton was too cheap to comfortably fade, but I have a hard time playing guys after their biggest game of the series. Had the same feeling about BB. I can live with PJ and Pat going off, though PJ being 14% owned after putting up low single-digits all series is a little weird. Kyrie was only 20% so probably not much of a factor. Obviously everything still hinges on the late game, should be interesting to see if the Craigs and Cams can do anything as a hedge against Bucks value.

It’s always hard to feel out your chances when you missed on value but didn’t really have any duds. KD/BroLo/Green going into the second game, hopefully I can sneak that one across the finish line.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

I have one Tucker lineup on DK

Middleton
    Tucker
    BroLo
    Griffin

Probably gonna have needed Monte over Griffin

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@tmarohl said...

That is probably a two week ankle injury in the regular season. I’m sure with 48 hours of constant treatment he will be good to go on Tuesday.

If he tries to play (big if) I doubt he would be effective at all. That looked like a really bad roll, usually at least 10-14 days before you would be able to run and cut on that type of ankle injury imo. To me the series hinges on Harden being available and close to normal health if he is. I think Kyrie is done for this series but we will see.

• RipCityRings

@monarch said...

Something is about to happen that has yet to happen this postseason and I do not like it…a 5×1 will be optimal in showdown

I think you need Barton and Jokic. Must-win home elimination game, Barton will get all the run he can handle in the classic third-game-back-from-injury spot. Unless Ayton puts on a defensive clinic on Jokic I think those two are a lock. Everything I’ve built is a 4×2. I will say DK definitely botched pricing here, the rest of the Nuggets are comically overpriced aside from maybe Millsap. JaVale is always a wild card at $1K, but Craig and Saric are more practical.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this blew out in 2.5-3 quarters and one of Nnaji/Cancar/Shaq/Howard took it down in garbage time.

• Njsum1

@jlowery73 said...

To me the series hinges on Harden being available and close to normal health if he is.

Harden will probably return for game 5, and definitely for game 6.

Kyrie, I’m not so sure. His game depends on quick cuts, and ankle breaking moves, even if he goes not sure how effective he’ll be.

If neither returns we’re looking at 2019 Raptors situation. Meaning the team who ultimately wins the title, will have won, not because they’re the best, but because the best team got injured 🤷‍♂️

• IT4MVP

@tmarohl said...

Kyrie was actually killing it before he got hurt.

I had no Kyrie anyway, but Brown and Harris killed me. I didn’t watch any of the game but was Jeff Green taking usage/minutes from those guys? I assume probably Brown would have been hurt by Green playing

• IT4MVP

Sucks I was so close to rostering Tucker, just couldn’t pull the trigger

• monarch

I might set a rule where every lineup has Joker, Barton, Paul and Booker for SD. That will lead to a lot of Milsap, Howard, Saric etc but those can be winning lineups.

• IT4MVP

Morris/Cam Johnson or Payne/Bridges?

• billythekidcowboysheat

I dont think theres a point to putting joker at capt unless you wanna chop with the masses.

Also limits who you can throw in there.

• monarch

I dont think theres a point to putting joker at capt unless you wanna chop with the masses.

Someone was just a solo winner this afternoon with Giannis at CPT. It can be done

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

Someone was just a solo winner this afternoon with Giannis at CPT. It can be done

For someone who hates Showdowns, how do you do it? I can never figure out if I should have a value captain or the points leader at captain.

• RipCityRings

I’d say this one is pretty likely to be a massive chop either way. Denver is pretty out of options here. Jokic will go out swinging but what’s their path to success? Monte just had his ceiling game, Campazzo had his in Game 1. Green and Millsap have had their moments, but this team simply doesn’t have the health, chemistry or consistency to put all those pieces together in a single game. This team just has too many glue pieces and nothing to hold together. Barton is the only Nugget with a reasonable ceiling beyond his price point here, but you’re not going to win a playoff series with him as your second option.

I think if you really want to differentiate it will take something bold like fading CP3, digging deep with $1K guys or leaving a lot on the table, but none of those seem like particularly sharp angles here.

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

For someone who hates Showdowns, how do you do it? I can never figure out if I should have a value captain or the points leader at captain.

I do 20 maxes.

Use an optimizer. Set everything to 4×2 or 3×3 builds. I then adjust the projections up or down based on how I think the game goes.

I remove all CPTs and then select maybe five that I think are viable and allocate maybe 25, 25, 20, 10, 10, 10 to that. I whittle the utility pool to the players I think are viable and then I crunch. After that I go in and set reasonable exposures to Bryn Forbes players to like 15 percent so I don’t get 75 percent and I keep crunching a bunch of times until I get 20 lineups that I mostly like. I then export and enter and hope my process was correct.

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

Top 5 salary guys are the most consistent winning captains. Only punt at captain if you think the game will shoot out or that most other value will fail. This is a pretty bad series to go cheap at CPT because all the midrange guys are overpriced and have been underperforming.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).