NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

3:00 PM EST : Brooklyn ( -2 ) at Milwaukee ( 2 ) —- T: 228
    8:00 PM EST : Phoenix ( -3 ) at Denver ( 3 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Ricardo5346

Have to go Barton over Crowder in classic right?

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I do 20 maxes.

Use an optimizer. Set everything to 4×2 or 3×3 builds. I then adjust the projections up or down based on how I think the game goes.

I remove all CPTs and then select maybe five that I think are viable and allocate maybe 25, 25, 20, 10, 10, 10 to that. I whittle the utility pool to the players I think are viable and then I crunch. After that I go in and set reasonable exposures to Bryn Forbes players to like 15 percent so I don’t get 75 percent and I keep crunching a bunch of times until I get 20 lineups that I mostly like. I then export and enter and hope my process was correct.

That is a little more complicated than I know how to do on LineupHQ

• monarch

@tmarohl said...

That is a little more complicated than I know how to do on LineupHQ

Oh…I pay another service. I’m too cheap for premium

• prater715

I think Denver wins this one. Morris, Barton and Jokic should all hit value+. Taking a chance on Gordon to finally show up.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@RipCityRings said...

I’d say this one is pretty likely to be a massive chop either way. Denver is pretty out of options here. Jokic will go out swinging but what’s their path to success? Monte just had his ceiling game, Campazzo had his in Game 1. Green and Millsap have had their moments, but this team simply doesn’t have the health, chemistry or consistency to put all those pieces together in a single game. This team just has too many glue pieces and nothing to hold together. Barton is the only Nugget with a reasonable ceiling beyond his price point here, but you’re not going to win a playoff series with him as your second option.

I think if you really want to differentiate it will take something bold like fading CP3, digging deep with $1K guys or leaving a lot on the table, but none of those seem like particularly sharp angles here.

I’m only doing 3 in the bigger tournies on dk, but I’m probly going with 2 maybe all 3 different captains, none of them jokic, cp3, booker and i may cancel out barton as he will be a popular captain choice.

Fading monte seems to be a way to get creative, cp3 will feast on him all night and monte can bury you if his shot isn’t falling. I’ll have jokic, barton just not at capt, i don’t believe the game is a blowout which is the only way I’d fade cp3 for payne.

But barton will have higher % at capt then a few guys above him like bridges and mpj for instance.

• RipCityRings

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Fading monte seems to be a way to get creative, cp3 will feast on him all night and monte can bury you if his shot isn’t falling. I’ll have jokic, barton just not at capt, i don’t believe the game is a blowout which is the only way I’d fade cp3 for payne.

Yeah I think Barton starting is a big downgrade to Monte. I imagine we’ll see something similar to point-PG13 last night with Reggie at SG. Monte doesn’t get a lot of assists as-is, and I don’t expect another 67% shooting game. If anything the lineup change brings Campazzo back into play for me, he could thrive running the second unit and only has to deal with Payne.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@RipCityRings said...

Yeah I think Barton starting is a big downgrade to Monte. I imagine we’ll see something similar to point-PG13 last night with Reggie at SG. Monte doesn’t get a lot of assists as-is, and I don’t expect another 67% shooting game. If anything the lineup change brings Campazzo back into play for me, he could thrive running the second unit and only has to deal with Payne.

I like it for mpj alot.

Monte probaly closes entire 1st q with jokic, comes off, mpj should have 2nd unit to himself.

• billythekidcowboysheat

3 lines 2 of them the same with mpj at capt:
    Capt-MPJ/Bridges
    Jokic
    Cp3
    Bridges/MPJ
    Barton
    Saric

Gl everyone🤠

• RipCityRings

Started with all Suns 4×2s but ended up with a lot of Nuggets 4×2s instead. Bridges seems wildly under-owned. Campazzo at 10% is my wild card, though seeing Captain Barton only 6-7% makes me wish I had jammed in more of those.

• tmarohl

I like the description of Aaron Gordon in the Grind Down today. “He has turned into a more springy version of P.J. Tucker

• NDNole

Faded Joker again in SD. Not the best move but once again hoping he doesn’t go bananas. At some point he could have a ho hum game. Not likely though.

• tmarohl

Lebron the role model at it again.

LeBron James
    KingJames · 3h Folded hands KyrieIrving
    !!!! FUCK Man facepalming

• NDNole

@NDNole said...

Faded Joker again in SD. Not the best move but once again hoping he doesn’t go bananas. At some point he could have a ho hum game. Not likely though.

So about that……….

Um. Don’t fade Joker. Lol.

• Golfnut04240

Ugly, ugly, ugly.

• RipCityRings

Amazing that they’re still in it with Barton and MPJ both struggling. Wouldn’t be surprised if Denver pulled this one out.

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Lebron the role model at it again.

LeBron James
    KingJames · 3h Folded hands KyrieIrving
    !!!! FUCK Man facepalming

Man I hate both of those guys.

BTW, X-Rays on Kyrie’s ankle came back negative.

• Brendan239

Cmon Barton!!!! I neeeed you

• NDNole

MPJ did not step up at all this series.

• monarch

Hard to believe Will Barton makes 14 million. He seems to be a guy who really benefits from Joker getting him wide open looks. Woudnt be anywhere near as good on almost every other team.

Need so much more BARTON. CMon man… have a bunch in the 170s with 168 remaining here. Almost 100% Paul, Barton, Crowder and Jokic today. Also heavy Morris/Saric. Need competitive 2nd H, OT will help also.

• tmarohl

@866 said...

Need so much more BARTON. CMon man…

Looks like on FD the difference between winning it all was your choice of cheap shooting guards between Pat C and Bryn Forbes.

• NDNole

@monarch said...

Hard to believe Will Barton makes 14 million. He seems to be a guy who really benefits from Joker getting him wide open looks. Woudnt be anywhere near as good on almost every other team.

Yeah seems like he really feeds off Joker when he is at his best. Maybe I’m forgetting but isn’t Barton kind of a slasher or did he drop that part of his game?

• Brendan239

John52 gonna win it. I got a couple of good ones but he’s at 269.9 w 12 quarters left. Sheesh, my best one 220.9 w 15 quarters left

• monarch

@NDNole said...

Yeah seems like he really feeds off Joker when he is at his best. Maybe I’m forgetting but isn’t Barton kind of a slasher or did he drop that part of his game?

He is in the open court and when the defense overloads to Joker. Hard for a 6’6 wing to not be a great defender or shooter to be effective.

• RipCityRings

Jokic is going to be so gassed in the second half. Now is the time for CPT Barton + fade Crowder in 2H Showdown.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).