Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

4:00 PM EST : Indiana ( 8 ) at Houston ( -8 ) —- T: —
    6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -5 ) at Philadelphia ( 5 ) —- T: —
    8:00 PM EST : Miami ( 4 ) at Oklahoma City ( -4 ) —- T: 227.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5 ) at Denver ( 5 ) —- T: —

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

It doesn’t seem to me like teams care about moving up for matchups. What team has been trying? Obviously excluding Phoenix/Portland/Memphis

The west could’ve moved around a lot with some teams able to finish anywhere from 3-7

Utah sat everyone. Houston is always sitting Harden or Westbrook. Denver lost to the Lakers on purpose. Thunder sat everyone other than CP3 last game.

I guess you could argue they’re trying to move down…

• WhiteyJones8

@Yeoman said...

B2B after 32 minutes? I’ll bet he’s never done that in his life.

Whatever news we need for KOQ to be 90% owned is what I’m rooting for. As you mentioned, there’s almost nothing that could happen that would make me play him today. If people are planning on chasing after he played one of the best games of his life I just may need to deposit some more money and play more than I expected.

P.S. Mike Scott would be my answer if Embiid sits but it’s not the same as yesterday as Harris and Horford would suck up all kinds of usage.

• tmarohl

@monarch said...

I could see the Nuggets-Clippers using this as a dress rehearsal. I can also see where both would prefer the #3 seed and avoid the Mavericks

Clippers will have Trez back for Friday’s game, so I think that is the dress rehearsal with the full lineup available.

• JSteele

@yisman said...

It doesn’t seem to me like teams care about moving up for matchups. What team has been trying? Obviously excluding Phoenix/Portland/Memphis

The west could’ve moved around a lot with some teams able to finish anywhere from 3-7

Utah sat everyone. Houston is always sitting Harden or Westbrook. Denver lost to the Lakers on purpose. Thunder sat everyone other than CP3 last game.

I guess you could argue they’re trying to move down…

I think the argument is more about the delicate balance of rest versus conditioning for the postseason. I feel like players who are coming off a rest day, should be good for regular minutes.

Raptors, Harden, Kawhi etc.

• dolphinkick182

@JSteele said...

Maybe if Phoenix wins after going undefeated inside the bubble.

and Booker would be league MVP

• WhiteyJones8

So, biggest issue I’m having on FD is who to play at C. Starting from the top down:

Embiid: GTD
    Jokic: Will he get enough minutes?
    Adams: GTD
    Turner: GTD
    Zubac: caps out at 24 minutes
    Boucher: crowded Raps rotation
    Gasol: caps out around 20
    Plumlee/Bol: crowded rotation
    Tucker: Possibly a decent option, low ceiling
    Bitadze: coming off injury, limited mins even if Turner is out
    KoQ: Played 32 mins yesterday, Harris and Horford likely back
    Chandler: May not even see the court ( I think this game goes small)
    Noah: Probably won’t see the court

Seriously, there’s not even anyone listed who could have a huge role opened by an injury ahead of them (short of maybe Bol if Jokic randomly sat). I think I may have to just plug my nose and play PJ Tucker, gross!

• JSteele

@WhiteyJones8 said...

So, biggest issue I’m having on FD is who to play at C. Starting from the top down:

Seriously, there’s not even anyone listed who could have a huge role opened by an injury ahead of them (short of maybe Bol if Jokic randomly sat). I think I may have to just plug my nose and play PJ Tucker, gross!

Boucher would be in play still if Ibaka misses. He’s currently questionable and there is no reason to play him at less than 100%

• monarch

If it becomes one of those Raptors bench game, which I don’t think it will, then I want Terrence Davis again. Nurse was talking about needing to get him going

• Yeoman

@WhiteyJones8 said...

Olynyk if he plays? Leonard if he doesn’t? If Adams and Noel are both out I’d think Miami might want to take advantage.

• JSteele

@monarch said...

If it becomes one of those Raptors bench game, which I don’t think it will, then I want Terrence Davis again. Nurse was talking about needing to get him going

I can see this being an OG rest day, with Norm and TD filling some of those minutes.

• JSteele

Landry Shamet being out actually gives someone like Rodney McGruder or Terrance Mann a path to some minutes. Denver has been terrible against the 3 ball, so I kind of like McGruder here.

• yisman

I just checked lineuphq to see what it’s pushing right now

Six Pacers on DK, lol

• captainwacky

@yisman said...

Six Pacers on DK, lol

Under the assumption that everyone is missing?

• JSteele

@yisman said...

Six Pacers on DK, lol

I feel like the Pacers don’t all miss this one. They have been questionable and playing through it the last few games.

• monarch

@JSteele said...

I feel like the Pacers don’t all miss this one. They have been questionable and playing through it the last few games.

Yes…plus everyone wants to play the Rockets like everyone wanted to play the Clippers B squad….remember the Nets all of a sudden with miraculous recoveries once George, Bev were ruled out.

• bmann

The Thunder are dogs, despite being at home. SGA is playing, and there’s no indication CP3 isn’t. Adams is out, but that’s not enough to make the Thunder home dogs. What’s the explanation for this?

Also, the Nuggets are home dogs @ +4.5. The Clippers (who will be playing everyone full minutes based on this line, IMO) are a better team, but +4.5 seems significant for the Nuggets at home. They’re missing Barton and Harris, but Porter has emerged. IMO, they’re either resting a big name, or they’re doing what they did last game, i.e. not playing the studs full minutes.

Anyone have thoughts on these two situations?

EDIT: forgot there’s no home court, oops. That said, the above probably applies, albeit to a lesser degree.

• realphipps

The only team with anything resembling home court advantage is Orlando, because the Magic players are used to the barometric pressure and median dew point of the bubble.

• Yeoman

@bmann said...

The Thunder are dogs, despite being at home. SGA is playing, and there’s no indication CP3 isn’t. Adams is out, but that’s not enough to make the Thunder home dogs. What’s the explanation for this?

Also, the Nuggets are home dogs @ +4.5. The Clippers (who will be playing everyone full minutes based on this line, IMO) are a better team, but +4.5 seems significant for the Nuggets at home. They’re missing Barton and Harris, but Porter has emerged. IMO, they’re either resting a big name, or they’re doing what they did last game, i.e. not playing the studs full minutes.

Anyone have thoughts on these two situations?

They aren’t at home?

And in the case of OKC, they’re also missing Adams’s backup (not to mention Schröder) which leaves a pretty big hole in the paint.

• bmann

@Yeoman said...

They aren’t at home?

Yeah, I corrected my post. IMO, those lines still warrant scrutiny…

• JSteele

Adams isn’t technically out right? Same with Noel?

• bmann

I don’t think Schroder being out is enough to swing the line that much. And I think based on the LAC-DEN line, the Nuggets are running back last game’s rotation, while the Clippers are going to play their starters full minutes.

• bmann

@JSteele said...

Adams isn’t technically out right? Same with Noel?

Right, he’s Q at this point.

• realphipps

Someone mentioned a freeroll today?

• JSteele

@realphipps said...

Someone mentioned a freeroll today?

unico10 is hosting one on DK with a paypal payout to top 5.

• superjon

Embiid in. Cross off KOQ

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).