NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:30 PM EST : Memphis ( 6 ) at Portland ( -6 ) —- T: 232.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• siddom

@Pandamonious said...

I’m going to write this again, as I did in last nights thread.

This is win or go home for the Grizzlies, and I really don’t think the Blazers want to be up against the wall tomorrow.

I think looking at bench guys for “value” will be a big mistake today.

Dame/CJ/Melo will all push or exceed 40 minutes. Nurkic might too if he stays out of foul trouble. Trent and Collins is harder to decipher. This will leave guys like Mario and Simons glued to the bench.

I fully expect the Grizz to do the same, but they’re slightly harder to predict with Allen/Melton/Tolliver, but one if not 2 of those guys will probably only play 10-12 minutes, and unlikely to produce enough to be of any consequence, unless the guys you can then afford just straight smash.

On DK you almost have to play Clarke/Anderson/Brooks at captain, to get the Blazers you need.

What about on FD? Dame at captain is a must because theres no salary multiplier?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I’m calling for 15/4/7 with 2 blocks and 2 steals.

I have an angle as to how he doesn’t play nearly as much as you think in this one

• monarch

I also think Mario and Trent play more than most probably think

• billythekidcowboysheat

Just to add on from, i truly won’t have dame at captain, i don’t see the point unless you want to tie with with thousands of others…

Now i do want to emphasise i do believe dame will be in the optimal lu. You should have him. Is it so out of the relm of possibilities that dame ends up in the 45-60 range and someone else with far less capt ownership gets 40 or more? And you shouldn’t be bench hunting outside of trent, possibly clarke, melton of grayson. Barring injuries we know each team rotations will be tight.

• siddom

are we leaving hundreds on the table on dk?

• Poole954

@Pandamonious said...

Kyle Anderson

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo. He made me mad as hell a few games ago…

• efagan99

@Pandamonious said...

On DK you almost have to play Clarke/Anderson/Brooks at captain, to get the Blazers you need.

I’ve been watching all the blazers games and I agree. They’ve been running a tight 8 man rotation. Dame and CJ will likely see 40+ and nurk and melo should play 35-40 barring foul trouble. Trent gets more run when they need him defensively, and while I could see him used on morant the grizzlies are a little bigger than some teams they’ve been playing. So I think collins sees decent minutes (of course foul trouble is always a concern for him). Hezonja will play, but probably not more than 15 minutes. Simons probably doesn’t leave the bench.

A yolo play I like is whiteside. He’ll play all the C with nurk off and like we saw against Brooklyn if he gets a few extra min he could put up some stats. GPP only of course because they obviously want nurk out there as much as possible.

Don’t think I’ve watched the grizzlies all year so idk much about their rotations. Clarke and brooks seem like good options. Thoughts on jo val?

• Theguy49503

Who is slow mo?

• efagan99

@theIrrigator said...

Do we see more Collins here and less Trent Jr.?

I think so, at least relatively. Trent will still play 25 min minimum, and could get more minutes than Collins. I just don’t think it will be a situation where trent plays close to 40 and collins is under 20. Maybe more like 30 trent, 25 collins

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #64

RG Tiered Ranking

Gentry gone

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@efagan99 said...

I’ve been watching all the blazers games and I agree. They’ve been running a tight 8 man rotation. Dame and CJ will likely see 40+ and nurk and melo should play 35-40 barring foul trouble. Trent gets more run when they need him defensively, and while I could see him used on morant the grizzlies are a little bigger than some teams they’ve been playing. So I think collins sees decent minutes (of course foul trouble is always a concern for him). Hezonja will play, but probably not more than 15 minutes. Simons probably doesn’t leave the bench.

A yolo play I like is whiteside. He’ll play all the C with nurk off and like we saw against Brooklyn if he gets a few extra min he could put up some stats. GPP only of course because they obviously want nurk out there as much as possible.

Don’t think I’ve watched the grizzlies all year so idk much about their rotations. Clarke and brooks seem like good options. Thoughts on jo val?

9th man could be Simons, but the risk of getting only 4-5 minutes from him is real

• Unico10

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

Skinny Melo CPT breakout game…!

• efagan99

@Unico10 said...

9th man could be Simons, but the risk of getting only 4-5 minutes from him is real

Agree. He would be the next man in, but I wouldn’t play him. Unless you’re doing 100 lineups and playing the injury angle.

• MoccasinMusic

CJ cpt?? Doesn’t he always smash Memphis

• JSteele

I have majority Dame at MVP on FD, but I have a few Nurkic, CJ and Morant.

• tmarohl

@Theguy49503 said...

Who is slow mo?

The bad basketball player that is Kristen Ledlow’s husband on the Grizzlies. Also known as Kyle Anderson.

• monarch

Morant is the one person I can’t build a lineup without. Closely followed by Lillard and then Clarke. I really want to get Josh Jackson in there but I’ve managed to avoid him so far.

• rvnfn77

Showdowns are tough. Especially when you only play 2 or 3 teams tops like me.

• monarch

@rvnfn77 said...

Showdowns are tough. Especially when you only play 2 or 3 teams tops like me.

You won some money yesterday….Up your exposure

• rvnfn77

I thought about that actually at least on FD on the 3 buck one.

• Fantasyfun83

Thoughts on Whiteside taking some minutes from Nurk kinda stresses me..hes capable of putting in the same performance .

• rocketman828

I could make a nice balanced lineup if i fade Dame. What to do?

• rvnfn77

@Fantasyfun83 said...

Thoughts on Whiteside taking some minutes from Nurk kinda stresses me..hes capable of putting in the same performance .

I’m definitely gonna have some Whiteside I think he can smash in this game I’m just little worried about his minutes of course.

• monarch

@rocketman828 said...

I could make a nice balanced lineup if i fade Dame. What to do?

I would play the guy who most likely scores over 60 DK points and would strongly consider playing him at CPT

• rocketman828

I’m playing Dame but not a captain.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).