• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

2:00 PM EST : Washington ( 2.5 ) at Brooklyn ( -2.5 ) —- T: 235
    3:30 PM EST : Portland ( 4 ) at Boston ( -4 ) —- T: 230.5
    4:00 PM EST : San Antonio ( 4.5 ) at Memphis ( -4.5 ) —- T: 234.5
    6:00 PM EST : Sacramento ( 2.5 ) at Orlando ( -2.5 ) —- T: 227.5
    8:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -4.5 ) at Houston ( 4.5 ) —- T: 241.5
    9:00 PM EST : Dallas ( -6 ) at Phoenix ( 6 ) —- T: 237

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• casper

All Denver’s guys probably out again I hope brogdon sits so I can fade them won today but I took ish out for TJ hit 377 oh well

• ELopez432

@tmarohl said...

You are going to be taxed at the end of the year anyway when you pay your income taxes. My general rule every time I have a decent cash is to save at least 40% for the tax man. Remember this 15K goes on top of any income you make if you work. That could make your work tax withholdings inadequate. I would let DK take the 25%, and then you should probably put 15% more away for taxes, assuming you work.

Thank you for the advice

• fluffynuggets

You would do much better to take the full payout; then invest 30%+ in an FDIC insured vehicle (CD, money market, etc) on a 6-9 month term.
    Why let DK earn interest on your tax payment, when you can do so yourself?

Edit: To ELopez432; reply button not functioning.

• depalma13

@ELopez432 said...

When withdrawing 15,000 they want to tax me 25% on Draftkings is that right? Seems like a lot

First off Congratulations!

Second, unless you are horrible at saving, do not let them withhold anything. The first $40,125 of your income for the year is going to be taxed at 12%. The next $45,399 will be taxed at 22%. So your effective tax rate is going to be much lower than 25% at the Federal Level.

I don’t know what state you are in, so I don’t know if you have to pay state taxes or not.

Just put 20% in a savings account or a 6 or 9 month cd and forget about it.

Last, take a thousand or so and splurge on something you never would have bought without a windfall.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler