Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -11 ) at Brooklyn ( 11 ) —- T: 220
    4:00 PM EST : Denver ( -1.5 ) at Utah ( 1.5 ) —- T: 219
    6:30 PM EST : Boston ( -5 ) at Philadelphia ( 5 ) —- T: 216
    9:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -5.5 ) at Dallas ( 5.5 ) —- T: 232

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• marker0357

That ankle will swell up and I’d be surprised if he can play in 2 days.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• Njsum1

@Njsum1 said...

Yeah Luka ain’t coming back

My post from 8/14….

“This is how you reverse Kaibosh your players into not completely sucking. Think he had 4 DK points at half when this was posted. Ended with 22, I’ll take it.
    Also see Herro Zerro post.
    Degen’s code:
    Insult your underperforming players, speak well of players you want to fail, say nothing when 💩 is going your way.”

Got Luka back in there just to hit that triple double…you’re welcome if you wanted more Luka (as I certainly did). Too bad it didn’t work all the way, yet I’ll take what we got.

• damionismyname

live look at reggie jackson

• Mikelitorous

Got to give props to the winning line up putting in Tyler Johnson, and shake

• JustDFSin

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Damm dog, luka=baby glass

Curry used to have the same ankle problems as baby glass.

• SkateFiend

I wasn’t bothered by Temple not meeting his floor, but I just can’t fathom what happened to MPJ. Why does the coach sit him down in the second half? Did he get hurt? Why can’t Grant and MPJ both play? I know the game was a blowout, but it just felt like the team gave up by halftime. I imagine they’re trying to protect their future assets. By now most DFS site priced MPJ like a proven commodity, but I can’t count on consistency yet.

I haven’t watched a single NBA game in the bubble and I don’t plan to watch it. If you’re not playing to win, there’s no reason for me to watch. If a player sneak out of the bubble to pick up chicken wings and a lap dance, you’re not taking the competition seriously. If the game is reduced a 3 point shooting contest the product will become stale. The rating were declining even before protests and it’ll probably continue to decline.

• billythekidcowboysheat

I feel bad for the mavs, but they have no shot, no one to guard klaw, kleber is not the answer haha.

• Sleazygreazy

@SkateFiend said...

but I just can’t fathom what happened to MPJ. Why does the coach sit him down in the second half? Did he get hurt? Why can’t Grant and MPJ both play?

I don’t know for certain but MPJ was just kinda running around and no one was passing him the ball initially. Looked like he got a little pouty and stopped caring. Was not surprised at all he did not start the 2h

• siddom

luka wont ever win a ring- he’s just not dominant enough and his team is too soft

• damionismyname

@Sleazygreazy said...

I don’t know for certain but MPJ was just kinda running around and no one was passing him the ball initially. Looked like he got a little pouty and stopped caring. Was not surprised at all he did not start the 2h

he benches mjp but not milsap….

• bocachuu

Anyone have a link to the 3 dollar tourney for baseball on fanduel?

• NDNole

@siddom said...

he’s j

Edit: Wrong quote

• NDNole

@siddom said...

luka wont ever win a ring- he’s just not dominant enough and his team is too soft

Maybe he will never win a ship. But not dominant enough???????? Uh yeah ok the guy is just barely able to buy drinks and already one of the best and could easily finish as one of the greatest of the great if he keeps this pace.

• siddom

@NDNole said...

Maybe he will never win a ship. But not dominant enough???????? Uh yeah ok the guy just barely to buy drinks and already one of the best and could easily finish as one of the greatest of the great if he keeps this pace.

just stat padding imo like westbrick when he was avg a triple double. its like saying westbrick is one of the greatest every. lol.

• NDNole

@siddom said...

just stat padding imo like westbrick when he was avg a triple double. its like saying westbrick is one of the greatest every. lol.

Smh lol

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@siddom said...

Oh you were being serious? Thought it was a joke

• Njsum1

@siddom said...

Luka doesn’t pad his stats, he just gets them, cause he’s one of the best players in the league, and is like what 21.

Westbrook didn’t pad his stats, OKC just wanted him to grab the rebounds to start the break, so his rebound numbers were inflated. He is a good rebounder though and goes after the tough boards, not just the easy ones.

Luka will win a Chip if he has the right teammates, and the Mavs are very close. Maybe a player away, or if Porzingis gets a little better.

People talk about chips like it’s one guy who wins them. All the credit/blame is given to the best player. Which is wrong…imo.

Like Lebron doesn’t win a championship if he doesn’t team up Dwade and Bosh in Miami, and later Ray Allen. He got extremely lucky to win that one with Kyrie against Golden State. If Dray doesn’t miss a game, Cavs lose in 6. And Lebron is arguably the 2nd greatest player in the history of the game.

Even the GOAT didn’t win any titles without Scotty (one of the 20 Greatest players of all time). They also had Rodman, one of the best rebounders/defensive players of all time.

Just sayin Luka’s good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Just needs the right guys around him.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@siddom said...

So, because he gets stats, and doesn’t have a championship supporting cast around him yet, he’s just padding stats?

You realize this is only his 2nd season? He’s 21 years old.

Who has ever stepped into the league and lead a team to a championship in their 2nd season? Only dudes who came in and won quick in even recent memory are Duncan and Wade, and they were older than Luka when they did, and had legends like David Robinson and Shaq leading the way.

• miggs6876

@JSteele said...

I’m sick of seeing all the same players on each slate. I wish they would take an extra day and switch up the games. It’s too hard on my brain to pick between Dame, Harden, LeBron, AD and Giannis every 2 days.

This slate is a difficult for to get a grip in. I did well tonight Kwahi was my lock and took a chance with Kemba and Conley. I didn’t take advantage of the Toronto. At least I doubled my money. On this slate, I’ve been losing.

• miggs6876

@SkateFiend said...

I wasn’t bothered by Temple not meeting his floor, but I just can’t fathom what happened to MPJ. Why does the coach sit him down in the second half? Did he get hurt? Why can’t Grant and MPJ both play? I know the game was a blowout, but it just felt like the team gave up by halftime. I imagine they’re trying to protect their future assets. By now most DFS site priced MPJ like a proven commodity, but I can’t count on consistency yet.

I haven’t watched a single NBA game in the bubble and I don’t plan to watch it. If you’re not playing to win, there’s no reason for me to watch. If a player sneak out of the bubble to pick up chicken wings and a lap dance, you’re not taking the competition seriously. If the game is reduced a 3 point shooting contest the product will become stale. The rating were declining even before protests and it’ll probably continue to decline.

How can you complain if you haven’t even watched a game? That’s kind of odd.

• miggs6876

@Njsum1 said...

Luka doesn’t pad his stats, he just gets them, cause he’s one of the best players in the league, and is like what 21.

Westbrook didn’t pad his stats, OKC just wanted him to grab the rebounds to start the break, so his rebound numbers were inflated. He is a good rebounder though and goes after the tough boards, not just the easy ones.

Luka will win a Chip if he has the right teammates, and the Mavs are very close. Maybe a player away, or if Porzingis gets a little better.

People talk about chips like it’s one guy who wins them. All the credit/blame is given to the best player. Which is wrong…imo.

Like Lebron doesn’t win a championship if he doesn’t team up Dwade and Bosh in Miami, and later Ray Allen. He got extremely lucky to win that one with Kyrie against Golden State. If Dray doesn’t miss a game, Cavs lose in 6. And Lebron is arguably the 2nd greatest player in the history of the game.

Even the GOAT didn’t win any titles without Scotty (one of the 20 Greatest players of all time). They also had Rodman, one of the best rebounders/defensive players of all time.

Just sayin Luka’s good enough to be the best player on a championship team. Just needs the right guys around him.

I don’t get the Luka bashing. The kid is already a superstar. Porzingas and him will be a force to reckon with for years if healthly. One more stud added to the team with lead to a championship.

• gaelicgirl

My first playoffs cash!

Scored 342 in the after hours for 82nd of 5952

• gaelicgirl

Luka and Dame, though…that hurts

Been going with the stacked lineups with cheap “value” fillers.. liking a much more balanced going forward.. For Sat, Brogs/Butler/Ola.. Paul/Schroder, Adams, E G.. Adebayo, many midrange plays. Maximum one sub 4K probably some Clark-Bars at 3600, and only 1 9K+. Hard to win playing three 9500+ guys on D K. Many are duds lately. Can’t play McC 7500 still with the lower back injury. Lillard is too expensive as well as Harden. Maybe Gia again you squeeze in.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.