Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Boston ( -7.5 ) at Philadelphia ( 7.5 ) —- T: 214
    3:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -8 ) at Dallas ( 8 ) —- T: 232.5
    6:30 PM EST : Toronto ( -13 ) at Brooklyn ( 13 ) —- T: 217
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 3.5 ) at Utah ( -3.5 ) —- T: 217.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• kettab24

@Pandamonious said...

too bad for coach Malone, the game is this afternoon…

Coach Malone is terrible, he’s been terrible

• thedkexperience

@johnfoster8 said...

Do you think Philadelphia will rest Embiid tonight?

Hulk sad. When my Sixers inevitably get swept this morning they can just go ahead and leave Brett Brown in Orlando.

Edit – did you guys not realize that the comment I replied to was apex level sarcasm? 🤣

Resting Embiid in a do or die situation to preserve him for a future that no longer looks all that bright would be the process’s meta skynet self aware moment we’ve been building to for like 7 years now.

As much as I want to see the 76ers win, the car wreck aspect of them doing the most process thing that ever processed by benching The Process would be the pinnacle of processes.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Dont see any reason to go to Boucher

• mbunner23

@theIrrigator said...

Dont see any reason to go to Boucher

Agreed

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

That’s not true.

Nurse said that Terence Davis was his 8th guy last game but he also said it was almost Boucher. Nurse is pretty solid with predicting which bench guy he wants to get going. He has already gotten RHJ, Powell and Davis involved in this series. If he wants he can easily get Boucher a first half rotation of eight minutes and all of the fourth quarter or perhaps more against Donta Hall and company. Its not set in stone but I am of the opinion that Nurse elects to get Boucher going because that is his history and it is their luxury.

So, what you’re really saying is, don’t play Ibaka?

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

I’m not interested in Ibaka. RHJs availability will determine how much i like Boucher. I dont think Marc Gasol needs to play very much if this game is over at the half. And if Gasol doesn’t need to play then the same can be said for Ibaka. I just see a path to value for Boucher with an angle for a whole lot more.

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

Game is at 9 tonight.

they changed it!

Not im my time zone!
    it’s 4 in the afternoon!
    (I wish I was in Hawaii again… sigh)

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

That’s not true.

Nurse said that Terence Davis was his 8th guy last game but he also said it was almost Boucher. Nurse is pretty solid with predicting which bench guy he wants to get going. He has already gotten RHJ, Powell and Davis involved in this series. If he wants he can easily get Boucher a first half rotation of eight minutes and all of the fourth quarter or perhaps more against Donta Hall and company. Its not set in stone but I am of the opinion that Nurse elects to get Boucher going because that is his history and it is their luxury.

I’m not sure playing bench guys who have been out of the normal rotation has been a winning a strategy in playoff hoops. Starters linger just a bit longer, just to make sure the game doesn’t get away.

And it’s usually the bench guy who’s in the rotation who also stays out on the floor with the end of the bench guys in garbage time that benefits most.

• Pandamonious

@monarch said...

I’m not interested in Ibaka. RHJs availability will determine how much i like Boucher. I dont think Marc Gasol needs to play very much if this game is over at the half. And if Gasol doesn’t need to play then the same can be said for Ibaka. I just see a path to value for Boucher with an angle for a whole lot more.

I get it, but now you have me more concerned with who Boucher takes those 8 minutes from.

• superjon

The fact that Boucher isn’t even in the LineupHQ is all I need to know that he’s not in play today.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

Brooklyn has to have enough pride to make it a game right? Raptors shot 50%. Gotta think that drops a little and the Nets shoot a little better

• Ace15

Temple cant be that bad again right?? my only lock is klaw

• noddy

If TLC shoots 18 times again sign me up.

• BiGtIGeRs

This whole bubble deal throws off the playoff vibe, no home field advantage. Jazz and Nugges should go seven games therefore im stacking that game alot

• superjon

The biggest question is does OG come to play? I’ve been playing way too much of him lately, and I’m afraid to back off.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

yeah if you hate winning money go ahead

• hypegotti

OG is always there to play he just doesn’t get any touches and the two guards have no interest to pass to him. very frustrating.

• Ace15

@superjon said...

The biggest question is does OG come to play? I’ve been playing way too much of him lately, and I’m afraid to back off.

Im playing og. When he hits he hits

• Ace15

I have decided to lock in milton

• monarch

Not trying to be snarky but how have you guys been doing playing all the same crappy plays that the 150max guys have been in these four game playoff slates? I understand why you guys might not like Boucher. Its your money and if you play him you probably lose it but on the other hand he is someone who can win you a tournament. Serge Ibaka is not someone who can do that today. Everyone will play Jokic, everyone will play Murray. All angles will be covered amongst whatever you think is normally a solid play. You probably need a Boucher, a Robert Williams III a Kyle O Quinn type to differentiate you from insert pro heres 150 Murray, Conley, Kemba, Kawhi cores.

• superjon

@monarch said...

Not trying to be snarky but how have you guys been doing playing all the same crappy plays that the 150max guys have been in these four game playoff slates? I understand why you guys might not like Boucher. Its your money and if you play him you probably lose it but on the other hand he is someone who can win you a tournament. Serge Ibaka is not someone who can do that today. Everyone will play Jokic, everyone will play Murray. All angles will be covered amongst whatever you think is normally a solid play. You probably need a Boucher, a Robert Williams III a Kyle O Quinn type to differentiate you from insert pro heres 150 Murray, Conley, Kemba, Kawhi cores.

Why do you think Boucher (who hasn’t been a part of the rotation this series) can win you a GPP, but Ibaka (who has been) can’t?

For those that don’t know, the key to winning a GPP in the playoffs isn’t about dumpster diving, but knowing which of the chalky pieces to be underweight on.

• Pandamonious

Could Boucher be today’s Pat Connuaghton? Sure.

The problem in the playoffs have been the landmines. Landmines have been everywhere. Good plays. Bad plays. Guys have been failing left and right. Not people playing the same people as everyone else. That’s the argument for Boucher. If you already likely to end up on landmines, why not get risky with some guys, and at least differentiate your landmines.

It’s a 4 game slate. Condensed rotations, also create condensed ownership. Track records of the same games over and over.

You just need to avoid landmines and hit the right guys. That’s it. It’s not even about low owned plays. Yesterday, the lowest owned play in the winning line up in the 4 point play was SGA at 9%, and there’s nothing sneaky about Shai. He just went off the game before. The winning line up was all very obvious plays, it was just a line up that put them all together without a failing player.

There’s no reason to get cute with any of this.

• roomchat

@Pandamonious said...

Could Boucher be today’s Pat Connuaghton? Sure.

The problem in the playoffs have been the landmines. Landmines have been everywhere. Good plays. Bad plays. Guys have been failing left and right. Not people playing the same people as everyone else. That’s the argument for Boucher. If you already likely to end up on landmines, why not get risky with some guys, and at least differentiate your landmines.

It’s a 4 game slate. Condensed rotations, also create condensed ownership. Track records of the same games over and over.

You just need to avoid landmines and hit the right guys. That’s it. It’s not even about low owned plays. Yesterday, the lowest owned play in the winning line up in the 4 point play was SGA at 9%, and there’s nothing sneaky about Shai. He just went off the game before. The winning line up was all very obvious plays, it was just a line up that put them all together without a failing player.

There’s no reason to cute with any of this.

• monarch

@superjon said...

Why do you think Boucher (who hasn’t been a part of the rotation this series) can win you a GPP, but Ibaka (who has been) can’t?

For those that don’t know, the key to winning a GPP in the playoffs isn’t about dumpster diving, but knowing which of the chalky pieces to be underweight on.

So say Ibaka does great and scores 38 DK points in his 24 minutes of a blowout closeout game. That’s probably a 1/10 given the circumstances or today’s slate. You have grabbed the same guy that 7000 other people have grabbed. It does next to nothing for you.

There are so few plays right now. Shake Milton looks really good to me….he looks really good to everyone. It used to be you play Shake Milton and he does well then you stand a chance. That means less today when 25 percent of the field has him.

For cash and SE stuff id avoid the Bouchers. Today looks more like a silly end of the season slate. The Nets probably mail it in. The Sixers clearly mail it in. The Mavs are real close to looking done and the Nuggets never really embraced the bubble like the Rockets, Celtics, Raptors, Suns and Blazers did.

Everyone is going the same direction. I might go with them and then punt a high upside Boucher where they punted a chalky guy who isnt really that good or necessary for their particular team.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

There’s no reason to cute with any of this

Maybe with this though, and I agree

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).