NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

4:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 14 ) at Milwaukee ( -14 ) —- T: 227
    6:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 14 ) at LA Lakers ( -14 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Link
    • Last Updated 9 months ago
  • mbunner23

Think I’m just going to stack Houston/OKC.

• Njsum1

@mbunner23 said...

Think I’m just going to stack Houston/OKC.

That’s the right move, yet I’ll have a couple stacks of the other games just in case something unexpected happens.

• Avsrick

I am fairly new to FanDuel. Anyone know where I can see the tickets that I won for future contests?

• Fantasyfun83

You should get a email to notify you and it will enter you with a random lineup, vouchers and reward center icon on the left side may show as well.

• MoccasinMusic

Harden birthday game.

• Avsrick

@Fantasyfun83 said...

You should get a email to notify you and it will enter you with a random lineup, vouchers and reward center icon on the left side may show as well.

thanks!

• siddom

Thoughts on vuc?

• Potsmoke

@MoccasinMusic said...

Harden birthday game.

• siddom

Vuc dj clark or giannis simons tucker? Fd gpp

• kdsdawg

so who are the plays in a Portland blowout with Lillard out, will CJ get enough run?

• monarch

CJ routinely has huge games in this spot although Nurk and Melo could muddy things. Simons will have a big role regardless. He looks to be a great play. I like the game altogether more than most. If I want to be contrarian, which I always do, I may stack this game.

• karimamin

Locking Harden/CJ combo. FD they should get me ~120 points alone tonight

• Njsum1

@monarch said...

CJ routinely has huge games in this spot although Nurk and Melo could muddy things. Simons will have a big role regardless. He looks to be a great play. I like the game altogether more than most. If I want to be contrarian, which I always do, I may stack this game.

Sell me on Simons, he hasnt typically done 💩 in these situations, and that was without Trent taking on a larger role and Nurkic and Melo playing. Why now is he a must have? He’s 4k which is ok, not 3k. Feels Monte Morris to me. 15-25 fps. Tell me why I’m wrong.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@siddom said...

Thoughts on vuc?

My thought is he has a cool name…. Away from that, you have 4 games in this series to look at his performance and weigh his likely production today versus his price. Gordon will be out again. Not much mystery here.

• sochoice

• 2017 DraftKings FBWC Finalist

• 2017 FanDuel WFFC Champion

@Njsum1 said...

Sell me on Simons, he hasnt typically done 💩 in these situations, and that was without Trent taking on a larger role and Nurkic and Melo playing. Why now is he a must have? He’s 4k which is ok, not 3k. Feels Monte Morris to me. 15-25 fps. Tell me why I’m wrong.

You are not wrong. You are very right. Trent steps up a bit, but down 3-1 the heavy lifters in this game will be CJ, Melo and Nurkic. CJ may play 42-44 minutes.

• bazerko

Simons is going to be a fade for me if he is starting. Melo, Nurkic, CJ and to a lesser extent Whiteside are going to eat up all the usage. Plus the Lakers first unit defenders could really limit what he can do. Assuming this game is a blowout, he could come in handy if he is getting garbage time run.

• dominicanpapi

@Njsum1 said...

3500 on FD. You don’t need 40 from him, and I hate saying the word blowout, but this game could get ugly and I think he’d get the blowout run. It’s kinda why I’m not high on McCollum tonight. He’s going to be highly owned and they blitzed these guys with Lillard and McCollum. I would rather focus on a game that means something (OKC/Houston) and sprinkle in players from the other games.

• superjon

Here are the Portland players that should get normal run tonight (barring a blowout), and the number of times they’ve 6x their current price on FD in the 8 games Dame has missed this year.

Nurk – 0
    CJ – 7
    Melo – 1
    Whiteside – 6
    Trent – 3
    Simons – 2

Keep in mind, that Nurkic was also out in all of the games that Dame missed.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

My thoughts on Simons are this:

He normally doesn’t take on a large enough role to have a lot of upside in this spot. I agree on the 15-25 range. The fact that he’ll most likely be huge chalk hurts as well. The reality is though this is a blowout waiting to happen. Most likely through 3 quarters he meanders his way around to 15-18 fantasy points. Then he probably plays the 4th in a blowout and will be the “star” on the floor for the Blazers and that’s where he has the potential to really payoff and tack on 12-15 extra fantasy points. If he gets to 30, I think he becomes “optimal” on this slate.

• Njsum1

@sochoice said...

You are not wrong. You are very right. Trent steps up a bit, but down 3-1 the heavy lifters in this game will be CJ, Melo and Nurkic. CJ may play 42-44 minutes.

Edit..agree…unless it’s a complete blowout by halftime.

• Link
  • Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

@sochoice said...

CJ won’t play 44 minutes if at the end of the 3rd it’s 110-75 though.

Do people really have faith the Blazers keep this close? I understand wanting to nail every angle they can on a 3 game slate, but this game playing tight is the least likely scenario of the entire slate. Blazers are toast.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #55

RG Tiered Ranking

If the Blazers thought they had ANY chance to win this game, Dame would play. This is the white flag.

If the Lakers thought they needed him, AD would have came back last game.

Each team knows what’s up.

• dominicanpapi

@Pandamonious said...

CJ won’t play 44 minutes if at the end of the 3rd it’s 110-75 though.

Do people really have faith the Blazers keep this close? I understand wanting to nail every angle they can on a 3 game slate, but this game playing tight is the least likely scenario of the entire slate. Blazers are toast.

Optimizers are gonna spit McCollum out as a great play, but at what point do you take into account real life situations? Like you said, there’s no way the Blazers keep this close. So if CJ gets you 45, but he’s 60% owned, why not pivot to a Schroeder at half the ownership. If he gets you 35, you can still probably make up the 10 points somewhere else.

Edit: I don’t do 150 lineups. If I did, I’d probably have like 5% ownership on CJ, Lebron and Davis. I’d rather pivot to guys like Kuzma who could still get good run and light them up. Just my two cents.

• Link
  • monarch

You play CJ for the angle that the game is either competitive or the Blazers win. If the Blazers win then CJ is going for 60. The Blazers don’t likely win but we also don’t likely win 100k that often. The odds that CJ goes off are higher than any of us having the optimal so the odds are in your favor being contrarian.

As for Simons vs Trent. Gary Trent is washed right now from dealing with Bron. Gary Trent is a player that gets his off of action from other players….Simons can get his own, he has opportunity here and he is safer if the game does blowout.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

If the Blazers thought they had ANY chance to win this game, Dame would play. This is the white flag.

If the Lakers thought they needed him, AD would have came back last game.

Each team knows what’s up.

True but when I back myself into absolutes like that I eliminate the chance for a potential large payoff and end up being wrong from time to time. Its going to be so difficult to win with seven players from the Rockets-Thunder game. We had this yesterday and the worse game was the better one.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).