NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

4:00 PM EST : Orlando ( 14 ) at Milwaukee ( -14 ) —- T: 227
    6:30 PM EST : Okla City ( 3 ) at Houston ( -3 ) —- T: 224
    9:00 PM EST : Portland ( 14 ) at LA Lakers ( -14 ) —- T: 222.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Link
    • Last Updated 8 months ago
  • johnnyjakes

I agree, the whole slate is going to be a wash. Just have Silver announce that all games are cancelled.

• RipCityRings

@jlowery73 said...

In my opinion, the NBA is trying to kill off whatever fans are actually still watching the sport.

The issues at hand are infinitely more important than basketball. I totally get and support players and the league not wanting to conduct business as usual, but there has to be a more transparent and cohesive way to go about it than holing up in the locker room 5 minutes before tip like it’s the Alamo.

• dw12290

Well it sucks but I support them and their decision!

• yisman

Blazers should just forfeit and say it’s a protest. they know they’re not winning anyway

• blackchi

Other teams will follow. If lots of players decide to leave the bubble then season will be cancelled as well probably.

• RipCityRings

@yisman said...

Blazers should just forfeit and say it’s a protest. they know they’re not winning anyway

Yeah I’m all for delaying the rest of the series until Dame, Collins and Hood are 100% and LeBron is pushing 40.

• mbunner23

I mean if the Orlando Magic took the floor. They should win the game right?

• IronMonkey415

What a wild and crazy season. The Magics were ready and all hyped to play

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@RipCityRings said...

The issues at hand are infinitely more important than basketball. I totally get and support players and the league not wanting to conduct business as usual, but there has to be a more transparent and cohesive way to go about it than holing up in the locker room 5 minutes before tip like it’s the Alamo.

And these issues are made better by players leaving the stage that gave them their voice then? I’m just asking.

• Pandamonious

• Ranked #50

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

MOD NOTE

I understand that this is relative to today’s slate, but let’s just try and stay calm here, and not stray far off into ones social ideologies and opinions on what’s right or wrong here of the players.

We don’t need a 3rd consecutive day with a blow up in here.

Be respectful, please.

• Supersharpie

@RipCityRings said...

100% agreed. I have no issues with players boycotting, but this decision needs to be made in advance of tip. I am sure FD and DK upper management is communicating about this issue with NBA HQ.

• Link
  • billythekidcowboysheat

I have no issue with there protest, my biggest issue is why come in the first place?

• tonytone1908

@mbunner23 said...

IMO they should, yes.

• dominicanpapi

I mean if the Bucks sit this one out, I don’t see how the other 4 teams play either. The optics will look terrible. You could make the argument there shouldn’t even be a Bubble but it’s not related to DFS so I’ll just stay quiet about it. We’re lucky we got this far.

• iron_tactics

@mbunner23 said...

Be like
    “Bucks go home, Magic advance.”
    Win the championship by showing up

• telestraightshooter

protests via destruction….
    …………………………………. of my LU’s – LoL

Cancel the season, whatever, burn it all down man.

On the whole, America really does not care if the outraged souls (justified or otherwise) sit it out.

I care, but i’m exceptional. In public opinion it’s a net loss to the NBA.

• Link
  • Potsmoke

@mbunner23 said...

Heck yes they should. WIN!

• realphipps

Cavs were progressive. They didn’t even show up to Orlando… Because they cared.

• tonytone1908

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

I have no issue with there protest, my biggest issue is why come in the first place?

Yep. A handful of guys like Giannis protested one day and then back to work. Just stay home if you want to act like this. They’re gonna feel real oppressed when they ain’t getting a paycheck anymore.

• Krispac23

SMH just when I won going to win the big price….

• zeeshan2

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

because it never occurred to them another instance of this would happen while they are in the bubble

• Supersharpie

@dominicanpapi said...

I mean if the Bucks sit this one out, I don’t see how the other 4 teams play either. The optics will look terrible. You could make the argument there shouldn’t even be a Bubble but it’s not related to DFS so I’ll just stay quiet about it. We’re lucky we got this far.

Yup, we are possibly looking at the whole slate being cancelled, which is fine by me.

• miggs6876

Refunds in order or are we just screwed?

• telestraightshooter

@Pandamonious said...

MOD NOTE

I understand that this is relative to today’s slate, but let’s just try and stay calm here

.gif therapy

• miggs6876

I suspect all the games won’t be played.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).