NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Admin Note: We all have and are entitled to our opinions, but this isn’t the appropriate place for it. I understand sports and politics have become intertwined, but we are trying our best to keep all discussions firmly on the sports side of that line. There are many that simply cannot do that, as its proven by me having to lock threads as well as having to ban more members and delete more posts than I have in over a year, unfortunately. If members want to talk politics and social injustice issue beyond how it directly affects sports, they will have to go elsewhere.

3:30 PM EST : Milwaukee ( -13 ) at Orlando ( 13 ) —- T: 226
    6:30 PM EST : Houston ( -4 ) at Okla City ( 4 ) —- T: 224.5
    9:00 PM EST : LA Lakers ( -13.5 ) at Portland ( 13.5 ) —- T: 223

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

This thread is a bit hard to follow today.

• captainwacky

@Pandamonious said...

Sorry, that’s my fault- I’m absurdly sleep deprived and caffeinated all at the same time. Even as I’m posting, I’m like “come on, man.”

• Njsum1

The only game with any line movement is the game we all “expect” to be close. And the game has gotten a littler higher and a little tighter.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Like slate like thread

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@captainwacky said...

Sorry, that’s my fault- I’m absurdly sleep deprived and caffeinated all at the same time. Even as I’m posting, I’m like “come on, man.”

Nah, not your fault. Not even saying anything is wrong with it. Just a lot of concepts bouncing around. Impact of Westbrook, do the players really hate Bron, does Portland blow out, did the layoff impact anything, are the magic scorned, and so on.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@Njsum1 said...

Like slate like thread

That too! Very difficult slate IMO.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Correct, that and Budenholzers deep rotations.

Why does he do that? I think he hurts several starters getting into rhythm.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Nah, not your fault. Not even saying anything is wrong with it. Just a lot of concepts bouncing around. Impact of Westbrook, do the players really hate Bron, does Portland blow out, did the layoff impact anything, are the magic scorned, and so on.

Do you prefer it when there are less posts?

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

Needed a noon lock today

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Do you prefer it when there are less posts?

After the less several days, all I want is a nice cordial thread.

• rvnfn77

I’m lost where to start with this slate to be honest

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

Why does he do that? I think he hurts several starters getting into rhythm.

So he doesn’t have to roster any of his guys on DK

• tmarohl

@rvnfn77 said...

I don’t know why everyone thinks this slate is so tough.

• miggs6876

@rstylz said...

Thanks for the line on McGee, i over looked him but i think he might have the highest ceiling amongst the bums and he opens up a lot more for me:)

I don’t like playing guys only getting 12 to 14 minutes a game. His upside is severely capped.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@rvnfn77 said...

I think we all are.

Here’s what I know:

OKC/HOU should be the most competitive. It doesn’t mean guys will crush price tags, but they’re “safer.” I think either Westbrook or Harden can pay off.

POR/LAL is most likely to blowout IMO, but that doesn’t mean guys can’t payoff. CJ will probably see 30-35 minutes, even in a blowout, so I don’t think that’s a reason not to play him. AD and Bron can still get to 60-65 in 25-28 minutes. Howard, Hezonja, Simons are the my personal favorite blowout plays.

MIL/ORL, I don’t know. ORL probably plays it tight enough. ABC is the safest stud. Bledsoe is still kind of cheap and so is Lopez. Either Fultz or DJ seem to do well, so play the guessing game. Vuc has been consistent. Ennis/Clark/Birch, are safe to avoid, but if you fall on them OK. Fournier should be OK. So should Ross.

That’s with only looking at DK. Not messing with FD today.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

After the less several days, all I want is a nice cordial thread.

Would you like a spot of tea govna? 😉

• Yeoman

@Njsum1 said...

Anyone feeling Adams today for 5500. Figuring increased short range bricks from RWB might increase the rebounding numbers. 🤷‍♂️ Slate sucks

He’s the main reason I’m wondering if the Rockets will keep PnRing. He’s the worst switch of all.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #49

RG Tiered Ranking

@miggs6876 said...

I don’t like playing guys only getting 12 to 14 minutes a game. His upside is severely capped.

Who do you prefer in that range? Or are you not going lower than the 4k range?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #85

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

I think we were in a rhythm with the games everyday, and now there’s this gap of time, add in Westbrook back and Dame out and things seem different and unsettled so we’re not in a grove with it.

• rstylz

@miggs6876 said...

Yah, its bothering me. He has the 3rd highest FP per Minute on the lakers and they play him 6 minutes a half…..

I actually duplicated the same LU and swapped McGee for Caruso. I mean i and only wanted a 22 out of him and anything else is a bonus.

You are gonna need 1 of a McGee, Howard, Caruso, KCP, Mario Etc. This is where max entries pays off. I however only play 2 or 3 LU. Which is why i can stop looking at the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over again……

• efagan99

My thoughts on today’s slate (DK focus):

Studs: wtf. giannis ‘safe’ for 55-65. magic have been keeping it close enough that he’ll play into the 4th quarter. Doesn’t see past 35 minutes anyway, so he’s probably my favorite. Bron/AD, one of them should have a big game, but if it’s a total blowout, they might ride the bench much of the second half. This isn’t a fake stud, team arguably is better without him (as much as it pains me to say this, looking at you kyrie). Dame is a legit superstar and the heart of that team. If they were barely competitive with him, they’ll be down 30 by halftime without him. So to me they have a similar ceiling to giannis, but a floor of 30-40 (in 20 minutes). Harden/westbrook, as a whole I don’t like the rockets. Prices are up due to increased production minus westbrook, now throw him back in and I don’t think anyone is priced appropriately. Harden COULD go ballistic, but I don’t do enough lineups to enter everyone.

Mid-range: My fav plays are here. Vuc, SGA, CP3, go a little cheaper to one of adams/gallo/schroeder, covington as mentioned is better with westbrook, CJM will have insane minutes and usage. Fade nurk and middleton.

Low end: I like DJA over fultz and as mentioned covington over any other rockets. Gonna lock simons for the minutes, which will probably f me. no dort for me on dk.

punts: captain wacky, please fill in this part for me :) lol

So all that said, I think my builds will be mostly giannis/vuc/2 thunder players/DJA or fultz/covington/2 cheap guys provided by the forum lol

• efagan99

@Pandamonious said...

I think we all are.

Here’s what I know:

you and I are on the same page lol getting some thoughts on paper helps with the process

• rvnfn77

@tmarohl said...

Glad you find it easy. I’ll be looking for you at the top.

• captainwacky

hahaha I like hezonja on both sites, dort on FD, Howard on DK, and I’m always team Khem Birch with their current roster. If Vuc gets fouls/rolls an ankle or the game blows out, it’s allll his.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

I think we were in a rhythm with the games everyday, and now there’s this gap of time, add in Westbrook back and Dame out and things seem different and unsettled so we’re not in a grove with it.

Three days ago…
    Today…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.