NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Boston ( 2.5 ) at Toronto ( -2.5 ) —- T: 216
    3:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -10.5 ) at Dallas ( 10.5 ) —- T: 238.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Utah ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• captainwacky

@tmarohl said...

I was 6’1” but could jump. I couldn’t palm a basketball so I had to dunk two handed or curl the ball between my hand and forearm.

Same boat. I can palm the ball fairly well standing around though, so it really helps with non-game dunking. The only thing that ever stopped me from being a good game dunker is I can’t cleanly gather to palm it, and was only able to dunk 2 handed for a couple years.

• noddy

@captainwacky said...

The average player right now would be a superstar in the 80’s. It’s not even a question in my mind.

OK well I’ll move on, but just curious. How old are you?

• D_BUFF

Lou only 9 minutes in first half?! You’d think he would get more run after Morris out…

• TripleCee

Jokic or Gobert in a single game slate?

• captainwacky

@noddy said...

OK well I’ll move on, but just curious. How old are you?

32. I also have studied the history of the NBA religiously and love/respect every era. I grew up a 90’s bulls fan, and have played D1 college basketball primarily as a defensive pest. I wish the NBA didn’t lean soft or that there was more nuance to the game now, but it doesn’t stop the players from being absolutely ridiculous now vs their predecessors.

• ScofieldReturns

really need hardaway to get going. he’s been so consistent in this series and i didn’t like much else at SF. faded jaylen brown who luckily didn’t go off, so hardaway needs to at least get close to brown’s score…

• vick325

@ScofieldReturns said...

really need hardaway to get going. he’s been so consistent in this series and i didn’t like much else at SF. faded jaylen brown who luckily didn’t go off, so hardaway needs to at least get close to brown’s score…

• TripleCee

@captainwacky said...

I’m 32, Jewish, and 6’0”. Each year I can still dunk seems like I’m cheating time, so knock on wood I can keep it going…

Impressive. I’m 6’5 and I’ve never been able to dunk… lol..

• captainwacky

@TripleCee said...

Impressive. I’m 6’5 and I’ve never been able to dunk… lol..

I definitely worked at it… I was a scrawny track kid forever and then focused on lifting/jumping for a couple years. Definitely used to get some wide eyes in pickup runs in my early 20’s.

• yisman

how Morris hasn’t already been suspended is beyond me

either the league is not reviewing the tape or they’re heavily biased

• siddom

why did b-ball reference take out the nickname “pandemic p” off of PG13’s profile?

• captainwacky

@siddom said...

why did b-ball reference take out the nickname “pandemic p” off of PG13’s profile?

hahahaha one of the best nicknames we’ve seen in a loooooong time.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #79

RG Tiered Ranking

Lineup note: JaMychal Green starts second half for erected Marcus Morris on Sunday.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Hard to compare the eras….yes they are more skilled now, but also the rules are SUPER soft and it’s a league where most teams just look to spread the floor and chuck 3s. Defense is mostly an afterthought with so much of the rules favoring the offense. When there is a hard foul, lots of people are clamoring to toss the guy with a likely suspension coming lol.

• yisman

LeBron is more athletic than anyone who played in the ’80s, but he’s also softer than anyone who played in the ’80s and cries a lot more often.

• captainwacky

@jlowery73 said...

Hard to compare the eras….yes they are more skilled now, but also the rules are SUPER soft and it’s a league where most teams just look to spread the floor and chuck 3s. Defense is mostly an afterthought with so much of the rules favoring the offense. When there is a hard foul, lots of people are clamoring to toss the guy with a likely suspension coming lol.

I agree with you here. It’s the edict of the NBA itself though, not the players being soft. Believe me, Marcus Morris would be whoopin’ ass every night if they let him. Demarcus Cousins would have killed someone by now. The NBA wants there to be no defense and a squeaky clean image, which I get in some contexts, and dislike in others.

• captainwacky

@yisman said...

LeBron is more athletic than anyone who played in the ’80s, but he’s also softer than anyone who played in the ’80s and cries a lot more often.

woof.

• TripleCee

Luka should’ve gotten tossed on that one…

• jcotdl

softness of NBA= distance of shot attempt

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

I think the Heat probably win the series.

I disagree.

• captainwacky

MJ is the best player of all time by far in my opinion, and he was ‘untouchable’ after 1989. Magic is the 3rd best player ever IMO (which I’m sure will get some pushback), but he was not prone to being physical. All 3 (including Lebron) are tough as nails though when needed.

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Hardaway laying some serious bricks out there, and doing nothing else.

• yisman

@captainwacky said...

Also, the Morris twins are literally two of dumbest people in the NBA. On court/off court.

True, and that’s saying something.

• captainwacky

@yisman said...

True, and that’s saying something.

Between their dual contract, the amount of assault cases, and how they carry themselves… man…

• jlowery73

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

Somehow Kawhi is gonna pay off his tag on FD….wowzers. If this game was competitive he’d be headed for 70+.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).