NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : Boston ( 2.5 ) at Toronto ( -2.5 ) —- T: 216
    3:30 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -10.5 ) at Dallas ( 10.5 ) —- T: 238.5
    8:30 PM EST : Denver ( 2.5 ) at Utah ( -2.5 ) —- T: 219.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• deepfat

Harris or Morris for my last showdown slot?

• Captain- Grant
    Joker
    Murrary
    Gobert
    Jingles
    Royce.

• yisman

I have Bradley in my lineup. At least it’s just a $1 50/50

he should play 9 minutes

• yisman

TNT crew just found out Harris is playing.

I guess they don’t follow fantasylabs.

• lukemiller42

chuck just put the touch of death on the nuggets. he’s brought back the guarantee!

im running
    Capt: MPJ
    Jokic
    Murray
    Mitchell
    Royce
    Morgan

best of luck everyone tonight!

• jessedio

@SkateFiend said...

No, I’m more worried about the NBA just letting its players do whatever they want, and being controlled by mob sentiments.

Harrell used a racial slur and wasn’t fined. The fact that this wouldn’t be true to if the races of the players were reversed is plain to everybody. Players walked out of games without telling anyone, and nothing happened. In fact, the NBA agreed to more random demands.

Once black players utters “b*tch ass white boy” on a white foreign player and performs an obvious hit on him a few games later, the NBA should anticipate some tension between racial or ethnic lines (especially at a time like this) and tried to take some proactive measures. They’re not interested in doing that, or that’s the way it seems to me.

The buffoonish Doc Rivers had the gall to say that this wasn’t a dirty play, which is laughable. The NBA is losing credibility by the day.

Don’t be a snowflake. Luka is a big boy. Eastern European, that’s nothing to him.

• captainwacky

I wonder if Mike Malone went to Gary Harris and was like “Gary, Fantasylabs says you’re in, but with a minutes limit. I’m sorry.”

• monarch

I went

Conley (CPT)
    Mitchell
    Murray
    Jokic
    Dozier
    Niang

• yisman

another game delayed by 20 minutes for no apparent reason

• captainwacky

@yisman said...

Marcus Morris terrorizing the bubble.

• Yeoman

@monarch said...

Bam would have been Bill Russell. And I’m not really joking.

Would Bill Russell be Bam now?

It’s a serious question. The only player from back then I’m absolutely convinced would be a star now is Oscar. He was half a century ahead of his time—there simply was no comparable player for decades.

It’s not that he was the best then; he wasn’t. But the things he did, the rest of the world wasn’t ready to copy. I’m having trouble thinking of anything similar in any US sport—Babe Ruth seemed completely unique, but a decade later everyone was jacking them. There was a long, long gap between Robertson and Westbrook.

• tmarohl

No defense in this game.

• monarch

I was worried they were going to be glued to Blue Arrow

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

Every game has started 15 to 20 minutes after scheduled start. Just like regular season is always 11 -12 minutes after scheduled tip.

• captainwacky

@Yeoman said...

It’s a serious question. The only player from back then I’m absolutely convinced would be a star now is Oscar. He was half a century ahead of his time—there simply was no comparable player for decades.

It’s not that he was the best then; he wasn’t. But the things he did, the rest of the world wasn’t ready to copy. I’m having trouble thinking of anything similar in any US sport—Babe Ruth seemed completely unique, but a decade later everyone was jacking them. There was a long, long gap between Robertson and Westbrook.

Well, with his actual skill set, no. But you have to imagine it would be different. If you just like… time travel airdropped him in though, definitely not. Wilt would still be very dominant even in airdrop mode. Think like…. Prime Dwight +. But let’s be real; Bob Cousy could barely use his off hand. Jerry West (who was extremely skilled) doesn’t look any different than like… Justin Holiday or something?

• monarch

@Yeoman said...

Yes…Russell in my opinion would be one of the better players today. I used him as an example because he was a giant that played in an era of 6’4 power forwards, set shots and little guys around the floor with one hand lol.

I think Kareem would be just as dominant today if not more. Jerry West, Oscar, Elgin but you could also take the top twenty players in today’s game and insert them 50+ (edit) years ago and they would be considered a legend.

• captainwacky

Kareem is far enough along you can make accurate assessments of his game, even though the eras were different. Basically 1980 is the cut off for having any sort of validity in my eyes, as the game changed so dramatically from a money, environmental, and funnel of talent standpoint.

Edit to make it clear that Kareem was and still would be very good.

• captainwacky

@monarch said...

Yes…Russell in my opinion would be one of the better players today. I used him as an example because he was a giant that played in an era of 6’4 power forwards, set shots and little guys around the floor with one hand lol.

I think Kareem would be just as dominant today if not more. Jerry West, Oscar, Elgin but you could also take the top twenty players in today’s game and insert them 40 years ago and they would be considered a legend.

Imagine the 1970’s NBA trying to deal with JR Smith from his youth. It’s an incredible example of someone who would obliterate that league then and was just… not qualified now (even though he should have been a star in the NBA if had any brain at all).

• yisman

@tmarohl said...

Every game has started 15 to 20 minutes after scheduled start. Just like regular season is always 11 -12 minutes after scheduled tip.

contributes to us sometimes not getting lineups as the DFS sites always lock at the listed time.

I just don’t understand why the NBA can’t be accurate with the times.

Why list a game 8:30 and tip 8:49? There was no previous game ongoing.

• JustDFSin

@captainwacky said...

Imagine the 1970’s NBA trying to deal with JR Smith from his youth. It’s an incredible example of someone who would obliterate that league then and was just… not qualified now (even though he should have been a star in the NBA if had any brain at all).

I think dr j would translate over as well. Pete maravich would also. He was the original white chocolate aka jason williams

How did HARRELL dud so badly today? Was shocked to see.. 6.5 FP? ZUBAC played 33 minutes? Very surprised. Oh well it doesn’t matter now.

• monarch

Georges Niang who is 6’8 barely converted his break away dunk lol.

• yisman

@JustDFSin said...

I think dr j would translate over as well. Pete maravich would also. He was the original white chocolate aka jason williams

Pete Maravich was absurd. The guy was so skilled.

He doesn’t get his due, IMO.

Could be the best shooter of all time but there was no 3 point arc.

He could hit from anywhere, like Curry or Dame.

• Yeoman

@captainwacky said...

But you have to imagine it would be different. If you just like… time travel airdropped him in though, definitely not.

All of those guys would have been great players if they’d grown up now. Cousy’s fifth-grade coach would have made him write with his left hand for a year. They’d all have been bigger, faster, fitter.

But I’m time-travel dropping guys, for purposes of this discussion. Who could you time-travel from 1962? Wilt would be facing people as big and agile as he was—he’d hold his own, but he wouldn’t be dropping 100s. Prime Dwight+ isn’t so useful right at the moment.

O’s just the reverse. Incredibly athletic slashing PG with hops and decent size who wants to play iso. Nobody quite knew what to do with that then, but it’s the flavor of the month now. He’d finally be in his element.

• marker0357

The Big O

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.