NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Denver ( 8 ) at LA Clippers ( -8 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 203.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• superjon

2 game slates are back!! Is this the last one?

NBA really confusing me with putting the west coast game first.

Which game to stack? Boston and Toronto is game 7. Starters will get all the run, but both teams should play their best defense. Denver and LA has much higher total, but also better chance of a blowout it seems.

• got9forya

Im stacking Boston and Toronto and hoping for a 2OT game again lol

• NDNole

@superjon said...

2 game slates are back!! Is this the last one?

NBA really confusing me with putting the west coast game first.

Which game to stack? Boston and Toronto is game 7. Starters will get all the run, but both teams should play their best defense. Denver and LA has much higher total, but also better chance of a blowout it seems.

Today seems trappy. Seems obvious to stack the late game. No silly rotations and minutes rations. Those guys are gonna play the whole game like you said. On the other hand it could be a grinder while the early game could blow out where do the points come from besides joker? The minutes are kinda spread out. I think getting the 1st game right is key. ANd because of the epic game last week a lot of ownership will be on bos/tor.

Makes me wretch to say siakim will probably be lower owned in that game than the others. He disappeared the whole 4th and both OT’s.

• jessedio

What do we do with MPJ? He caught heat from everyone by saying he needs more touches. Wonder if they work him into more plays… Maybe he tries harder on defense to earn more mins/touches.

Siakim has struggled this entire time in the bubble. I keep playing him and he just disappoints. Seems like Jaylen locks him down pretty good.

So everyone is going to stack BOS/TOR. Doubt that hits like we are expecting, otherwise there will be like 20k ties..lol

• NDNole

@jessedio said...

So everyone is going to stack BOS/TOR. Doubt that hits like we are expecting, otherwise there will be like 20k ties..lol

Yeah probably. But look at the results from 09/03 that day it was a clippers blowout and a bos/tor close game. Optimal was to stack the bos/tor game. I dont want to stack it but it looks like we should. With that being said I may just do the opposite knowing the early game is likely to dud but if it doesnt then there is probably an edge. Thing is I have no idea where all the points would come from besides joker and maybe klaw.

• jessedio

@NDNole said...

Yeah probably. But look at the results from 09/03 that day it was a clippers blowout and a bos/tor close game. Optimal was to stack the bos/tor game. I dont want to stack it but it looks like we should. With that being said I may just do the opposite knowing the early game is likely to dud but if it doesnt then there is probably an edge. Thing is I have no idea where all the points would come from besides joker and maybe klaw.

Yup, it’s so easy to just plug in the late game players and call it a day.

• Brendan239

Little to no value, all 4 teams playing fairly tight. Take Shamet or Morris and hope for a 30? Stack 2 of Grant/Porter/Milsap? Put Nirm/Gasol together? Harrell 40 burger?

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@Brendan239 said...

Little to no value, all 4 teams playing fairly tight. Take Shamet or Morris and hope for a 30? Stack 2 of Grant/Porter/Milsap? Put Nirm/Gasol together? Harrell 40 burger?

Value is tough.

I don’t dislike the Clippers win in a blowout value angle, which would open up Shamet, and maybe like Plumlee, Green, Harrell, Monte Morris, and so on.

Down 3-1 again, and I think if Denver finds themselves down 15 or so in the 3rd they might just cave.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

Lou Will can’t even get to 30….I“m not banking on Morris getting there, even with his minutes. I think you have to take a stand with Wanamaker and/or Beverly….and go from there. Grant is at least getting a lot of run, but can’t seem to do anything with those minutes.

• NDNole

@boilermakerbeef said...

Lou Will can’t even get to 30….I“m not banking on Morris getting there, even with his minutes. I think you have to take a stand with Wanamaker and/or Beverly….and go from there. Grant is at least getting a lot of run, but can’t seem to do anything with those minutes.

Grant is just getting his cardio in running back and forth for 30+ minutes. I dont think he realises he’s supposed to actually do stuff. lol.

• superjon

@jessedio said...

Siakim has struggled this entire time in the bubble. I keep playing him and he just disappoints. Seems like Jaylen locks him down pretty good.

Before the series started, I said that I thought Siakim was going to be the PG13 of the series.

I was 100% last game, and I’m tempted to go right back. Price is still on the low, and he has taken double digit shot attempts in every game except 1. Just needs them to fall.

• truegrinder

I remember the last time there was a game 7 on this slate and was very low scoring defensive battle and someone mentioned on here that usually defenses prevail and games are lower scoring during game 7s with adjustments. That could again be the same thing tonight as both these teams are well coached and both very disciplined. I would like to play quite a few from that first game but i keep missing in that matchup. I havent played Jokic much at all and murray still isnt 100 percent. If blowout as some said then we need to get the right fill in guys. Denver is good enough to hang around and keep things close. Twice they were that + 9.5 dawg and won one of them and the other was a 2 possession game. If this game is tight with Denver hanging around, I have to take Jokic and Porter. I dont want too much of Murray tonight if at all. Is that a mistake?

• bazerko

Tonight’s slate is going to be tricky. You have two games where the total scores could be very low. On top of that, you have a Denver/LAC game that has a high chance of being a blowout. Then again, we aren’t here to predict blowouts. With all that being said, Kawhi is going to be a fade for me on FD. I don’t think 11K is worth it for him tonight.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@truegrinder said...

I remember the last time there was a game 7 on this slate and was very low scoring defensive battle and someone mentioned on here that usually defenses prevail and games are lower scoring during game 7s with adjustments. That could again be the same thing tonight as both these teams are well coached and both very disciplined. I would like to play quite a few from that first game but i keep missing in that matchup. I havent played Jokic much at all and murray still isnt 100 percent. If blowout as some said then we need to get the right fill in guys. Denver is good enough to hang around and keep things close. Twice they were that + 9.5 dawg and won one of them and the other was a 2 possession game. If this game is tight with Denver hanging around, I have to take Jokic and Porter. I dont want too much of Murray tonight if at all. Is that a mistake?

I like Porter. If they get blown out, he’ll get even more playing time with that 2nd unit, none of which can get buckets. Even if they don’t get blown out, his upside is too high, at least for GPP. For cash, I would play him, but think there should be some caution there. Hopefully his comments post-game don’t affect his playing time.

• jdtrey

@NDNole said...

Grant is just getting his cardio in running back and forth for 30+ minutes. I dont think he realises he’s supposed to actually do stuff. lol.

Never exactly been an elite FPPM guy but I think chasing around Kawhi half the time has a good amount to do with it

• Brendan239

I have a llooott of Lowry, Brown, Porter and Z.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

I have a llooott of Lowry, Brown, Porter and Z.

I have 0 brown..

• Pandamonious

Has anyone seen any comments from Malone on Porter?

Seriously could see him being benched.

I suppose Malone could play him even more, and just say “show me” basically since the series is over anyway.

• Brendan239

@Pandamonious said...

I suppose Malone could play him even more, and just say “show me” basically since the series is over anyway.

I know, he’s like a bull in a China shop but he can give him a long leash and coooouuulld put up a 50 burger in 26 minutes. Watch Milsap be the play.

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

i have not seen the comments. Are they really bad?

• Pandamonious

@truegrinder said...

i have not seen the comments. Are they really bad?

I haven’t see any, I was asking if anybody had.

I realize with the way I wrote it, it could come across like I’m saying did you see what Malone said? He seemed pissed, I don’t think he’s going to play Porter.

I have seen zero comments. I could just see a coach deciding to bench a guy for speaking out like that. I mean this is type of thing that kept Waiters and Whiteside on the bench in Miami. Complaining about playing time and opportunities.

• boilermakerbeef

RG Overall Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

I realize with the way I wrote it, it could come across like I’m saying did you see what Malone said? He seemed pissed, I don’t think he’s going to play Porter.

I have seen zero comments. I could just see a coach deciding to bench a guy for speaking out like that. I mean this is type of thing that kept Waiters and Whiteside on the bench in Miami. Complaining about playing time and opportunities.

You’re down 3-1, and he’s a future star on your team. I hope that they don’t teach him a lesson, which will punish the rest of the team, and give them less of a chance to win imo. Dumb comment. Hopefully Malone talks to him behind closed doors, and they teach it as learning experience.

• truegrinder

@Pandamonious said...

but porters dad has been going to the games too. Political thing. I say it doesnt affect him but I havent seen what he said either?

• Pandamonious

@truegrinder said...

but porters dad has been going to the games too. Political thing. I say it doesnt affect him but I havent seen what he said either?

“I mean, that’s really up to the play calls, that’s really up to the coaches, who they want to put the ball in whose hands. We kept going to Jokic and ‘Mal, and they’re two amazing players, you can never get mad at that. But I just think to beat that team, we gotta get more players involved, we gotta move the ball a little bit better. We can’t be predictable against that team.

“If I’m gonna be out there on the floor playing a lot of minutes, I think I should voice that (concern). I’ll probably talk to the coaches, just tell them what I see being out there on the floor. Just letting them know, ‘Look, they know what we’re doing.’ Like, we gotta swing the ball. We’ve got a lot of players who can play basketball and score. We gotta get some more guys involved.”

Reading between the lines and it doesn’t take much effort he’s basically saying his coaches suck, he knows better ,and he deserves the ball in his hand more. Fine things to say behind closed doors, but you don’t come out and say that publicly to the media.

• JSteele

Just a little tidbit on Siakam and why he’s been struggling.

He’s best used in the transition game and Boston has done a good job of limiting that, forcing him to do more posting up in the half court. The Raptors half court game does depend on a lot of ball movement and getting everybody involved, but they do have two guys in Kyle and Fred to take the last shot in isolation.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).