NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Denver ( 8 ) at LA Clippers ( -8 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 203.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Njsum1

@realphipps said...

My last day of NBA was this past Sunday.

Then I took a hit or two Monday, just to help with the withdrawal. And Tuesday. Wednesday. Last night. But I’m using just a little tonight to help me sleep.

I’ll be clean tomorrow.

Lmao
    And one last time…..

• ScofieldReturns

@tmarohl said...

I’m kind of getting into these snake drafts.

tried a couple free ones yday just to try it out…it seems like whoever has the pick at the turn has all the advantage

• tmarohl

@ScofieldReturns said...

tried a couple free ones yday just to try it out…it seems like whoever has the pick at the turn has all the advantage

It depends if it is a one game slate or a two game slate. Try one of the ones for tonight on FD as it is a two gamer and the player pool is much deeper. There are also some 4 person drafts which makes it a little more interesting.

• gaelicgirl

Which would be more lucrative for the NBA, a BOS/MIA ECF or a TOR/MIA ECF?
    Or is it a wash?

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@Pandamonious said...

I see both sides. Considering basically the entire NBA came out and slammed him for those comments though, I’d say what he did probably didn’t go over well behind closed doors.

I took much more exception to the fruit snacks and backpack, then his actual comments:)

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Or is it a wash?

Doesn’t matter. Television fees have already been paid.

• Njsum1

@gaelicgirl said...

Or is it a wash?

I’d think Boston/MIA would be more lucrative for the nba.

Celtics are a storied franchise and they’re an American team.

If this was hockey, I’d say Maple Leafs over a Bruins, yet hoops I’d think Boston is better for the league.

Just saw the above post…so we can change lucrative to have more viewers. I think Boston/MIA would garner more viewership.

• JSteele

@ScofieldReturns said...

i’m p sure the conference finals will have 2 day 2 game slates. those are usually playable as there isnt much change in lineups/injuries

Unless a player sneaks a covid testing official into their room.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #93

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@gaelicgirl said...

Or is it a wash?

Although I mostly agree with tmarohl that it doesn’t matter much, I’d tend to give a slight lean towards TOR being more lucrative in that they’re the defending champ, but Celtics have more name appeal as a brand. Celtics/Heat seems more like a nostalgic rivalry where there’s some history there, which has appeal though. Seems kind of like a wash.

• BiGtIGeRs

@fresh56 said...

I dont know if you guys have been watching the games but his teammates( mainly murray and monte) are freezing him out. So whenever he does touch the ball he goes into hero mode a la Dion waiters and makes a bunch of mistakes which causes him to get benched. Jokic has a complete look of disgust when all this is going down btw. if he wasn’t 5200 on dk i would fade him.

mpj is the most talented player on the nuggets and will be a top player

• Brendan239

I’ll give everyone an interesting build with 5 min before lock to see if you all can guess it but it’s certainly not optimal but as about as contrarian as can be but makes sense and there are reasons it’ll be different. Anyways, I’m not referring to this guy but is anyone using Plumlee in case he stumbles his way to 15 minutes or Jokić gets in foul trouble or in this game is Malone more apt to just go small? I guess I’m playing Shamet in a few but at least he’s seeing 20+

• emnj69

I think denver is toast
    murray I think is having trouble with pat bev-guys like russ say he is overrated but he seems to cause trouble
    joker is a stud
    porter- he should be starting and getting big minutes-he has upside-PM is a shell of himself

clips have lots of depth -it will be over by the start of the 4th
    loading up on boston and toronto but no pascal EVER for me —he has been a total fade for me and will continue to be-if he finally has a game so be it-you can usually get the same out of OG at less money

the think I am not sure of if if we see Kemba bounce back or not-that last game was brutal for dfs considering how long he was on the floor

• superjon

@Brendan239 said...

I’ll give everyone an interesting build with 5 min before lock to see if you all can guess it but it’s certainly not optimal but as about as contrarian as can be but makes sense and there are reasons it’ll be different.

Wanamaker, Shamet, Powell and Harrell in one lineup is different.

But it’s not winning you any money.

• Brendan239

@superjon said...

Wanamaker, Shamet, Powell and Harrell in one lineup is different.

But it’s not winning you any money.

Not it but I have some Shamet, Powell and 1 Craig. The LU I’m referring to only has 1 punt

• Sleazygreazy

@Pandamonious said...

Although I mostly agree with tmarohl that it doesn’t matter much, I’d tend to give a slight lean towards TOR being more lucrative in that they’re the defending champ

Defending champ and representing the entire country of Canada. Lots a lot of viewers who I’m guessing on average are less inclined to get pissy about social justice narratives all over anything NBA, and are still tuning in.

• Sleazygreazy

As for MPJ, I’ll have some but won’t be loading up like I usually do. I would imagine he still gets his normal run minus maybe a little, but there is that lingering chance he gets banished and drops a 10 burger or worse.

• ScofieldReturns

@JSteele said...

Unless a player sneaks a covid testing official into their room.

lol unless it’s like lebron, you should be fine with late swap in that scenario

• Brendan239

I don’t remember (cuz I was a youngin) but did MJ turn to the ref w a sour face every time the ball was stripped or he missed a layup? I like watching Lebron but that last game was a big Chris Carter “C”moooon mane!”

• Lyanetsko

@Sleazygreazy said...

As for MPJ, I’ll have some but won’t be loading up like I usually do. I would imagine he still gets his normal run minus maybe a little, but there is that lingering chance he gets banished and drops a 10 burger or worse.

Just as likely is the lingering chance he drops 40+ and is in the optimal

• realphipps

On the subject of complaining to the refs, LeBron is Kawhi and Jordan was, um, Jordan.

He was the greatest, don’t get me wrong. But he never committed a foul in his career, but was fouled on the offensive end roughly 18.25 times per 24 seconds.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@realphipps said...

On the subject of complaining to the refs, LeBron is Kawhi and Jordan was, um, Jordan.

He was the greatest, don’t get me wrong. But he never committed a foul in his career, but was fouled on the offensive end roughly 18.25 times per 24 seconds.

Oh please…..Jordan complained some but nowhere near the level of Lebron. Have you seen Lebron this postseason? He has been whining and demonstrating constantly on the court. I had to laugh the other night because no one wants to call out Lebron on being such a baby usually, but Stan Van Gundy even said “the refs can’t just keep changing calls just because Lebron is telling them to” in Game 3. It was hilarious.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Pandamonious said...

Baited or not, he said it. My point is many NBA players, established players, not even rookies (well technically his 2nd year) have been punished by their coaches for talking negative or making comments similar to this to the media before.

I’m guessing he plays and gets his usual workload. It would be a natural move for a coach down 3-1 to change up the game plan, so we’ll see. A punishment of some kind though isn’t crazy to think of, which is why I was really curious if Malone had commented on it, but have yet to find anything.

MPJ just needs to be in a system like the Rockets or Mavericks where he is the primary ball handler, his ceiling is atleast as high as doncic

• jdtrey

@BiGtIGeRs said...

his ceiling is atleast as high as doncic

in what, skee ball?

• pepsies15

@BiGtIGeRs said...

MPJ just needs to be in a system like the Rockets or Mavericks where he is the primary ball handler, his ceiling is atleast as high as doncic

Yikes…

• Brendan239

@jlowery73 said...

Oh please…..Jordan complained some but nowhere near the level of Lebron. Have you seen Lebron this postseason? He has been whining and demonstrating constantly on the court. I had to laugh the other night because no one wants to call out Lebron on being such a baby usually, but Stan Van Gundy even said “the refs can’t just keep changing calls just because Lebron is telling them to” in Game 3. It was hilarious.

I remember Stans comment. He basically said, quit crying to the ref and get back up court

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.