NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Denver ( 8 ) at LA Clippers ( -8 ) —- T: 216.5
    9:00 PM EST : Boston ( -2 ) at Toronto ( 2 ) —- T: 203.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Potsmoke

Last two game slate of the year, sorry guys.. I’m taking this one tonight.

• vick325

Jokic worth it tonight? Or just load upon Z and use the savings elsewhere?

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@BiGtIGeRs said...

MPJ just needs to be in a system like the Rockets or Mavericks where he is the primary ball handler, his ceiling is atleast as high as doncic

Um no, he’s very talented but a much different skill set. Could be somewhat like a poor man’s version of KD with his jump shot and length I would guess ceiling-wise.

• rstylz

@BiGtIGeRs said...

MPJ just needs to be in a system like the Rockets or Mavericks where he is the primary ball handler, his ceiling is atleast as high as doncic

I think he is even better than my neighbour Jursik Doncic!

The only reason he score so much in our neighbour hood league is because when he is so drunk he sweats and no one wants to touch/guard him.

MPJ could take him no problem.

You were talking about him werent you……..

• gaelicgirl

Didn’t see this during the game, but this is beyond shady…Nurse should’ve been given a tech!

https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1303864109147062274

• JSteele

Not sure if it’s been said, but Scott Foster is the crew chief for game 7 tonight. Historically has made some pretty soft calls against Boston. Although they should be used to that after game 6, Boston should have won that game.

• rstylz

@gaelicgirl said...

Didn’t see this during the game, but this is beyond shady…Nurse should’ve been given a tech!

https://twitter.com/chrisgrenham/status/1303864109147062274

I like it….why not….everyone else is trying every “non basketball” advantage they can get.

Players yell……try and spook shooters….they have a line of how close you can move to half court….if there is no line the other way then he did nothing wrong

• mmmfriedchicken

Anyone have some info/thoughts on how teams play after 55 mins double OT of court time on 1 day rest?

204 total of tor/bos game has me a little worried about picking high priced guards and maybe looking to go jokic/leonard route instead

• billythekidcowboysheat

Damm fd already filled, should have reserved spots, just got home.

• gaelicgirl

@rstylz said...

I like it….why not….everyone else is trying every “non basketball” advantage they can get.

Players yell……try and spook shooters….they have a line of how close you can move to half court….if there is no line the other way then he did nothing wrong

It’s technically against NBA rules for coaches to leave the coaches’ box. Sure, it’s rarely called, but there’s no way in hell Nurse should’ve gotten away with standing on the baseline like that! It stinks.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@rstylz said...

So you think coaches should be allowed to stand on the court during play?

• JSteele

@mmmfriedchicken said...

Anyone have some info/thoughts on how teams play after 55 mins double OT of court time on 1 day rest?

204 total of tor/bos game has me a little worried about picking high priced guards and maybe looking to go jokic/leonard route instead

I think this game is low scoring and i’m cautious to go heavy on it. I do think someone needs to score and I’m guessing that’s Tatum for Boston and Lowry for Toronto. It does benefit some guys that get hustle stats like OG, and Smart but i’m not sure about the price.

• gaelicgirl

@JSteele said...

Not sure if it’s been said, but Scott Foster is the crew chief for game 7 tonight. Historically has made some pretty soft calls against Boston. Although they should be used to that after game 6, Boston should have won that game.

That’s why I asked who the NBA would rather see win…

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

I guess at this point I cant really jump off Siakam now

• rstylz

@theIrrigator said...

So you think coaches should be allowed to stand on the court during play?

i will look at it closer….if he was touching the court then no lol.

But with flopping, yelling at players shooting from the bench, working the refs…..hey, Nurse is just showing his creativity and working the system that everyone else is always trying to do.

He was just maybe the first one to think of this way to do it. Pretty brilliant in its own weird way actually.

Just like DFS, everyone is looking for a leg up. If you can get away with it then why not.

• Sleazygreazy

@Lyanetsko said...

Just as likely is the lingering chance he drops 40+ and is in the optimal

Exactly

• JSteele

Malone commented on MPJ’s discussion with the media, he said it’s better to keep those in house and they talked about it as a team.

I wonder if this is one of those squeaky wheel gets the grease moments.

• Brendan239

@JSteele said...

Malone commented on MPJ’s discussion with the media, he said it’s better to keep those in house and they talked about it as a team.

I wonder if this is one of those squeaky wheel gets the grease moments.

I’m 50% Porter, which I think is right in 12 LUs on FD. With his ceiling I think you have to. I left $1,400 on the table in one, need to be real diff tonight but I have a few core players and Porter is 1 of them

• choppadown

Had a full bos/tor stack for my main lineup but came off it and sprinkled in some LAC and DEN. I think it ends up being a defense showdown…low total is scaring me off a bit.

• Potsmoke

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Man, that is the worst take i have ever seen.

• BiGtIGeRs

@Potsmoke said...

Man, that is the worst take i have ever seen.

yeah sure where is the counter argurement. I base my opnion on what I see

• hypegotti

Dk gpp Siakim (ugh) and Lou or OG and Kemba?

• jdtrey

@BiGtIGeRs said...

What the hell have you seen from Porter as a no pass ball hog who shoots every chance he gets that makes you think he has the same ceiling as someone who won every award in Europe before coming over here, finishing top 5 in MVP voting as rookie while winning ROTY before most likely finishing top 3 in MVP voting in his second year?

• superjon

@BiGtIGeRs said...

Luka has had 7 games over 70 fpts this year and Porter has only had 2 games over 50

Their ceilings aren’t even close to being comparable.

• ScofieldReturns

@JSteele said...

I think this game is low scoring and i’m cautious to go heavy on it. I do think someone needs to score and I’m guessing that’s Tatum for Boston and Lowry for Toronto. It does benefit some guys that get hustle stats like OG, and Smart but i’m not sure about the price.

i agree with this take. all i have from that game is lowry/smart/theis

hard to predict where the scoring from BOS will come from and they are all decently priced up for a low scoring game

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.