NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

1:00 PM EST : LA Clippers ( -8.5 ) at Denver ( 8.5 ) —- T: 214.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• rstylz

No chalk mid range guys to CPT like Rondo. A bit trickier than the other series was.

• Brendan239

My Lebron 2x, Harden 1.5x, Kuzma 1.2x, Tucker, Caruso FD LU came 8 points from first, dammit! Plus the wife “moved back in” last night after I told her it was done yesterday. Hopefully $100k today. Just 1 LU.

Kawhi 2x, Joker 1.5x, contrarian 1.2x, semi-contrarian, contrarian.

• yisman

1 PM lock

of course

smh

• tmarohl

Dantoni not returning next season.

• yisman

About a dozen MLB games
    Like 10 NFL games
    Clippers/Nuggets playoff game
    Lightning/Islanders conference finals
    US Open men’s tennis final shortly
    Golf

• tmarohl

Clippers going down today it appears.

• SkateFiend

The best thing about another Clippers meltdown will be the exit of Doc Rivers.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Clippers going down today it appears.

Excellent!

I was dreading watching that game, now I can look forward to it.

And who can blame D’Antoni for wanting out of Houston? Good for him.

• yisman

truly bizarre

13 game streak on ESPN on Clippers

they were up big at the half so I thought it was in the bag

• ScofieldReturns

Does this mean there will be another 2 game slate on tues? Right when I thought I was out..

• superjon

@ScofieldReturns said...

Does this mean there will be another 2 game slate on tues? Right when I thought I was out..

Shoot! It does. Contests are already up on FD

• superjon

Hopefully I lose what I make today on MNF tomorrow so I won’t have to worry about playing on Tuesday.

• tmarohl

Love these snake drafts. No projections yet so people put it on auto draft and take guys like Noah and Haslem in the first round.

Edit

Last one I just did, the guy with the first pick took Beverley, Craig, Crowder, Milsap, Dragic and Williams. Obviously on auto draft without building a que
    I took Jokic, Tatum, Bam, Murray, Smart and Herro.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Love these snake drafts. No projections yet so people put it on auto draft and take guys like Noah and Haslem in the first round.

Edit

Last one I just did, the guy with the first pick took Beverley, Craig, Crowder, Milsap, Dragic and Williams. Obviously on auto draft without building a que
    I took Jokic, Tatum, Bam, Murray, Smart and Herro.

I just did one. I got

Dragic, Murray, Kawhi, Tatum, Bam, Jokic

Vs

Lou, Walker, Brown, Butler, PG, Harrell

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

I just did one. I got

Dragic, Murray, Kawhi, Tatum, Bam, Jokic

Vs

Lou, Walker, Brown, Butler, PG, Harrell

I have found an edge by getting into them early, before rotogrinders posts their projections. Build your queue then enter the draft. There are at least a few people that blindly enter. If they are not paying attention, it drafts automatically based on the order the players are in the pool. For instance, for Tuesday, the order they are listed at is Noah, Haslem, Williams, Iggy, Dragic, Millsap, Pat Pat, George, Hayward, etc.

You probably want to build a Queue something like Kawhi, Joker, Tatum, George, etc.

You get one of these blind drafters you are at a huge advantage.

• tmarohl

Just had another where the guy with the second pick took Noah.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Just had another where the guy with the second pick took Noah.

It was just freezing for me. Had my queue set up so it did matter. Must be what is happening to them

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

I have found an edge by getting into them early, before rotogrinders posts their projections. Build your queue then enter the draft. There are at least a few people that blindly enter. If they are not paying attention, it drafts automatically based on the order the players are in the pool. For instance, for Tuesday, the order they are listed at is Noah, Haslem, Williams, Iggy, Dragic, Millsap, Pat Pat, George, Hayward, etc.

You probably want to build a Queue something like Kawhi, Joker, Tatum, George, etc.

You get one of these blind drafters you are at a huge advantage.

Drafters.com will actually give you an text alert (if you enable it) once the draft begins. That site is looks like a Geocities holdover and you have to wait more for contests to fill, but competition is tougher than FD IMO.

I have no idea why FD had Noah ranked that high. For a second I thought something had happened to Zubic, but even then, there’s no way I would pick him first. FD also had MPJ and Onounby ranked lower than they should be, and it’s easy pick someone like Marcus Morris before them.

I’m also a huge fan of snake draft and currently winning at more than 50% clip, although I’m debating whether that has to with the current playoff format. I tried snake drafts at the now defunct Draft and didn’t really have too much success there.

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

It was just freezing for me. Had my queue set up so it did matter. Must be what is happening to them

Just did another one. I had the first pick.
    I got Leonard, Bam, Murray, Kemba, Smart, Crowder.
    Guy picking second took Jokic, Noah, Haslem, Millsap, Williams, Iggy
    Guy picking third got Tatum, George, Butler, Brown, Dragic, Harris

Guess which guy was on autodraft without a queue?

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Drafters.com will actually give you an text alert (if you enable it) once the draft begins. That site is looks like a Geocities holdover and you have to wait more for contests to fill, but competition is tougher than FD IMO.

I have no idea why FD had Noah ranked that high. For a second I thought something had happened to Zubic, but even then, there’s no way I would pick him first. FD also had MPJ and Onounby ranked lower than they should be, and it’s easy pick someone like Marcus Morris before them.

I’m also a huge fan of snake draft and currently winning at more than 50% clip, although I’m debating whether that has to with the current playoff format. I tried snake drafts at the now defunct Draft and didn’t really have too much success there.

I have been doing pretty well on them too. I think FD just has the players listed in a random order.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Just did another one. I had the first pick.
    I got Leonard, Bam, Murray, Kemba, Smart, Crowder.
    Guy picking second took Jokic, Noah, Haslem, Millsap, Williams, Iggy
    Guy picking third got Tatum, George, Butler, Brown, Dragic, Harris

Guess which guy was on autodraft without a queue?

I’m pretty high on Noah/Haslem so it has to be the 3rd guy

• tmarohl

@theIrrigator said...

I’m pretty high on Noah/Haslem so it has to be the 3rd guy

Some of these snake drafts have been pretty interesting though. Time moves quickly and if you are not prepared, it autodraft’s the next player on the list after 30 seconds.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #61

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Some of these snake drafts have been pretty interesting though. Time moves quickly and if you are not prepared, it autodraft’s the next player on the list after 30 seconds.

They are pretty fun

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.