NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Miami ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

Albert Nahmad
    @AlbertNahmad
    ·
    14m
    Reminder: The Thunder acquired 7 first-round picks, 4 first-round pick swaps, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and “(player-popup #danilo-gallinari)Danilo Gallinari”:/players/danilo-gallinari-1329… and dumped $47M in 2022-23 salary… by trading Westbrook to the Rockets and Paul George to the Clippers.

• RipCityRings

@tmarohl said...

CJ McCollum
    @CJMcCollum
    · 15m
    My last tweet before I finish this glass. They did vote they ain’t wanna play no more. . . But I didn’t think they was gonna go out like that Face with tears of joy

Amazing.

• tmarohl

Blazer back court on trash talking fire tonight.

• Pandamonious

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@Njsum1 said...

Yes, but there’s only so much he can do, he’s not out there playing. His team was just terrible. Putrid.

Plus everything Murray was chucking up was going in.

I watched the whole game and the Clips were getting open looks, they just couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. So the offense was working.

Maybe an analyst will weigh in the coming days with some criticism on his Doc’s defensive game plan. Yet, It’s not like the nuggets scored a ton of points.

So…maybe a bit on Doc, yet mostly on Kawhi, PG, Lou, and Morris

I get that. It’s not just about tonight though. It’s Doc’s history of having good teams and never getting over the hump, other than the one year. I think it’s admirable he’s kept a job so long, but just doing it well enough and not sucking usually gives you 4 years, 5 years max until teams find someone else. That’s what is admirable about it. At what point do you just go, OK, maybe enough is enough and move on?

• SkateFiend

@Pandamonious said...

Possibly. Isn’t that part of a coaches job? To get the team to play?

Doc could be a great coach. Maybe he is. Dude has had a job for like the last 20 years, expect 1, and has one championship, which is great, but then just year after year of short comings. Obviously winning a title is extremely difficult, but how many coaches have done what he has then got fired, because the team needed a “new voice” to get them over the top? See Pistons firing Carlisle for Larry Brown, or Warriors firing Jackson for Kerr. I’m sure there’s others.

Who is to say that those Blake/Paul/Jordan teams couldn’t have won a title with a different coach? Maybe Rivers is just an OK coach who keeps getting good jobs and no one bothers to get rid of him, because he does “ok.”

Doc wasted a trio of 3-1 series leads. He cannot be considered as a great coach.

He should be fired. He’s among the last holdover from the Donald Sterling era and now he’s officially worn out his welcome. People might not realize that he had huge input on personnel decision (he was a combo GM and coach if not mistaken) and the PG13 trade was likely his idea. He butted heads with CP3, who accused him of showing favoritism to Austin Rivers (his son).

The guy is an activist who’s also a basketball coach. He’s just like Pop. And much like him, he’s in some system of his own and won’t ever deviate from it. I have no idea why Montrez Harrell only played 15 minutes for most of this series. The Nuggets played Gary Harris 30 plus minutes as soon as he became useful but Lou Williams never played more than his allotted time.

One team played hard and used all their assets to avoid elimination. That team technically only has 2 stars. The Clippers didn’t. That’s on Rivers. Get him out of LA.

• Clippers guard Lou Williams: “We had championship expectations. We had the talent to do it. We didn’t have the chemistry to do it.

Wtf? Now it’s we didn’t have the chemistry Excuses incoming.

• Pandamonious

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Clippers guard Lou Williams: “We had championship expectations. We had the talent to do it. We didn’t have the chemistry to do it.

Wtf? Why would you say that illogical statement. Excuses incoming.

You don’t think team chemistry is a thing?

• Pandamonious

Paul George blaming chemistry too…

Alright. Someone getting traded or fired.

• @Pandamonious said...

Every team that’s been eliminated should also say that as well then, every other team had same amount of time in the bubble, i get they had guys coming in and out, i don’t want to hear that bs, they supposedly were the best team in the league all year, talk as much as they did…All Bark…NO BITE

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Doc wasted a trio of 3-1 series leads. He cannot be considered as a great coach.

He should be fired. He’s among the last holdover from the Donald Sterling era and now he’s officially worn out his welcome. People might not realize that he had huge input on personnel decision (he was a combo GM and coach if not mistaken) and the PG13 trade was likely his idea. He butted heads with CP3, who accused him of showing favoritism to Austin Rivers (his son).

The guy is an activist who’s also a basketball coach. He’s just like Pop. And much like him, he’s in some system of his own and won’t ever deviate from it. I have no idea why Montrez Harrell only played 15 minutes for most of this series. The Nuggets played Gary Harris 30 plus minutes as soon as he became useful but Lou Williams never played more than his allotted time.

One team played hard and used all their assets to avoid elimination. That team technically only has 2 stars. The Clippers didn’t. That’s on Rivers. Get him out of LA.

The PG trade was Kawhi’s idea.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Lou Williams probably traded. He is about the only guy under contract they can reasonably trade.

• jdtrey

@Pandamonious said...

PG13 went from a stand up dude to a cry baby about a week after he started playing with WB

• RipCityRings

I mean they’re not going to be honest here. PG13’s shot is trash, Lou and Harrell are borderline useless in the playoffs, Bev just running around out there doing nothing (decent game 7 at least) and Kawhi completely failed to step up/take over. They got sonned by a chubby giant.

• SkateFiend

@Pandamonious said...

They probably had no chemistry, and a lot of that has to do with Rivers. He had a longstanding feud with Chris Paul that was only revealed around the time of his departure. He has no control over his clubhouse, and there’s still a lot of whiners in the bunch.

You know something was off with that team based on Lou will’s “picking up wings at a strip club” act and incidents involving Harrell and Morris and Doncic. Doc wouldn’t take Harrell out of a blowout game in the fourth quarter and Harrell eventually walked out himself.

PG13 was not in a good place in this playoffs. Maybe there’s some personal things that we’re not aware of, but he looked stiff and indecisive in interviews as well as some moments of the game. He did see the team’s psychiatrist, but something tells the organization failed to address the situation.

I used to watch this team when they were the worst team in all sports. Back when Jeff Mcginnis and Quentin Richardson ran the show. Now I’m done with this team unless they fire Doc Rivers and keep politics mostly out of the game. You can’t keep going with a coach that that wasted TWO 3-1 series leads as the head coach.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

The PG trade was Kawhi’s idea.

Maybe so, but Doc probably gave the go ahead. Which involved shipping out SGA and lots of picks for a guy who wasn’t considered elite. Most people saw him as a liability on defense, although that’s disputed by some.

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Every team that’s been eliminated should also say that as well then, every other team had same amount of time in the bubble, i get they had guys coming in and out, i don’t want to hear that bs, they supposedly were the best team in the league all year, talk as much as they did…All Bark…NO BITE

What the bubble has shown me is that home court advantage is huge. Lose that in the bubble, anyone can beat anyone. For instance, no way in hell Miami wins that game against Boston tonight in Boston. Miami may have beat the Bucks in 7, because I feel that they match up extremely well against them. Denver probably doesn’t win a game 7, if it goes that far, in Staples. Indiana would have won a game or so against Miami if they had some games in Indianapolis. Likewise, Portland probably would have performed better against the Lakers if there were a few games in Portland.

• SkateFiend

The Lakers will probably win another title. The teams that might have given them trouble are all out. Celtics are the toughest opponent left, but they won’t be able to stop the Twin Towers from dominating inside. I don’t see Kemba playing like a star to offset their production.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

Maybe so, but Doc probably gave the go ahead. Which involved shipping out SGA and lots of picks for a guy who wasn’t considered elite. Most people saw him as a liability on defense, although that’s disputed by some.

Sam Presti in OKC is probably licking his chops at the talent he is going to be able to draft in the next four or five years.

• tmarohl

@SkateFiend said...

The Lakers will probably win another title. The teams that might have given them trouble are all out. Celtics are the toughest opponent left, but they won’t be able to stop the Twin Towers from dominating inside. I don’t see Kemba playing like a star to offset their production.

The path is certainly pretty clear. Glass could become glass again though. That could change things.

• tmarohl

Marc J. Spears
    MarcJSpears · 17m Several Clippers were so fatigued during Game 7 against Denver that they struggled to play stints longer than three minutes and asked out of the game for a breather in the fourth quarter, sources told TheUndefeated.

• SkateFiend

@tmarohl said...

The path is certainly pretty clear. Glass could become glass again though. That could change things.

TBH I did not want to see the LA teams win a title this year. I just hate that Giannis got hurt and his coach wouldn’t make adjustments. I feel like teams that are good enough to challenge the status quo find ways to shoot themselves on the foot.

Right now I’m rooting for the Nuggets. If MPJ can be as good as he was right before the playoffs they might win it all. Jokic is a iffy DFS player but he’s fun to watch in real life.

• Oregon97232

Not a fan of fanduel single games and I already put my draftkings account on a 3 month exclusion so thinking now is good time for a break and see if college basketball happens in late November.

Then again, Heat/Celtics could be a fun series especially if it goes 7

• miggs6876

@SkateFiend said...

You did see the Celtics lose today right?

• miggs6876

PG3 has always been overrated in my eyes. He lacks consistency for a player of his status. You never really know what kind of player your getting from game to game. That was evident throughout these playoff games.

• tmarohl

@miggs6876 said...

PG3 has always been overrated in my eyes. He lacks consistency for a player of his status. You never really know what kind of player your getting from game to game. That was evident throughout these playoff games.

Paul George and Khris Middleton are like the same guy, right?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).