NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

6:30 PM EST : Miami ( 1.5 ) at Boston ( -1.5 ) —- T: 210.5
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 7 ) at LA Clippers ( -7 ) —- T: 207.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• gaelicgirl

All LUs cashed tonight!

(346, 327, 325, 324)

• @tmarohl said...

What the bubble has shown me is that home court advantage is huge. Lose that in the bubble, anyone can beat anyone. For instance, no way in hell Miami wins that game against Boston tonight in Boston. Miami may have beat the Bucks in 7, because I feel that they match up extremely well against them. Denver probably doesn’t win a game 7, if it goes that far, in Staples. Indiana would have won a game or so against Miami if they had some games in Indianapolis. Likewise, Portland probably would have performed better against the Lakers if there were a few games in Portland.

That’s fair. I love the fact my heat have made it this far. If I’m being honest, i didn’t expect a trip to the ecf this year, i agree with alot of teams would have made series more competive if everything was normal, but also i didn’t know how the seeding would turn out. We avoided Toronto and boston till now, i think we beat bucks 9/10.

I mean i know the nba, tnt, espn are pissed because they obviously wanted the lac/lal wcf, and I’m sure now they’re praying for a bos/lal finals.

• Tbh balmer really has to be blowing a gasket, i mean i forgot about all of the draft picks they including in that pg trade😂

I would tell doc it’s title or your gone next year, but currently constructed they’re not winning it next year either, idk what they have for assets, obv more size down low would be ideal.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

Tbh balmer really has to be blowing a gasket, i mean i forgot about all of the draft picks they including in that pg trade😂

I would tell doc it’s title or your gone next year, but currently constructed they’re not winning it next year either, idk what they have for assets, obv more size down low would be ideal.

They’re backed up against the wall.

Kawhi and PG can opt out after next season.

Harrell, Morris, and Green are free agents.

They’re over the cap, and will only have the 5 million exception.

So, basically their best case scenario is resigning Morris and Green, Harrell if they want, sign a vet who’s willing to come to the Clips on some kind of discount for a title shot, then maybe a trade, but they really have zero assets to move. Maybe a sign and trade for Harrell or Morris? Maybe they get something for Lou…I don’t know.

I guess worst case scenario, they bomb next year too, Kawhi and PG leave and they have no assets, but they’re LA and have a bunch of cap space again.

• @Pandamonious said...

They’re backed up against the wall.

Kawhi and PG can opt out after next season.

Harrell, Morris, and Green are free agents.

They’re over the cap, and will only have the 5 million exception.

So, basically their best case scenario is resigning Morris and Green, Harrell if they want, sign a vet who’s willing to come to the Clips on some kind of discount for a title shot, then maybe a trade, but they really have zero assets to move. Maybe a sign and trade for Harrell or Morris? Maybe they get something for Lou…I don’t know.

I guess worst case scenario, they bomb next year too, Kawhi and PG leave and they have no assets, but they’re LA and have a bunch of cap space again.

They’re screwed then, crazy how it flips just like that.

Maybe they can turn it around, my heat went through this in 2011, but we also lost in the finals, and are an established franchise, klaw really screwed them demanding pg13, gave up way too much for him, sam presti fleeced them clean.

• yisman

Pandemic P in full effect this series

• Pandamonious

They’re screwed then, crazy how it flips just like that.

Maybe they can turn it around, my heat went through this in 2011, but we also lost in the finals, and are an established franchise, klaw really screwed them demanding pg13, gave up way too much for him, sam presti fleeced them clean.

This is the problem in the NBA. You still have to have the depth, the chemistry, and the assets to build. Teams and players try to team up and put stars together without any regard for the current affect or long term affect of the roster.

It worked with the Heat, because you can’t compare Bron, Wade, and Bosh to anything else. Those are 3 legit all-stars and 2 MVP types. They were able to get decent role players too. Ray Allen still had some juice left. Battier was a great glue and D guy.

• Pandamonious

The Clippers are Kawhi/George, which isn’t as good as Wade/LeBron, then they have a streaky scorer in Lou, a decent energy bench big in Harrell, a decent 5th guy in Morris, a generic big in Zubac, and what else? A decent aging bulldog D guy in Beverly. That roster just isn’t that good. I mean it’s good, better than 75-90% of NBA teams, but not championship good. And yes, this is a lot of hindsight talk, but when you really think about it, should anyone be surprised they fell short?

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Paul George and Khris Middleton are like the same guy, right?

Lots of similarities. PG3 gets much more hype and attention than Middleton. Personality, I don’t think either is a guy I’d build my team around.

• @Pandamonious said...

This is the problem in the NBA. You still have to have the depth, the chemistry, and the assets to build. Teams and players try to team up and put stars together without any regard for the current affect or long term affect of the roster.

It worked with the Heat, because you can’t compare Bron, Wade, and Bosh to anything else. Those are 3 legit all-stars and 2 MVP types. They were able to get decent role players too. Ray Allen still had some juice left. Battier was a great glue and D guy.

Mike miller, super mario, and don’t forget about the one and only…..Norris Cole😂

• Lets just look next 5 years in the west, if teams remain relatively the same as presently constructed, barring massive moves.

Highest upside:
    Nuggets
    Mavs(luka mvp season coming)
    Lakers( as long as glass doesn’t turn back into glass, over the next few years they should be contenders every year.

Others with potential:
    Suns
    Grizzlies

Dubs are the wildcard, i find it hard to believe they don’t have another few runs at the chip in them.

Then the rest, obv not being able to predict offseason moves is tough, but i would peg clips far down on the list of teams in the west…

Summary: The West won’t be getting easier anytime SOON.

• MatiasMyles

With small ball 3 point shooting no true centers being the norm in nba lately, the lakers nuggets series will showcase a fantastic big experience we haven’t had for years.

Davis and jokic are some of the best passing centers we have seen in years and this will be the perfect culmination of small ball and 3pt shooting bugs. May the best team win!

• rstylz

The way the NBA looks right now i would have put a lot of money on the Raps winning it all this year with Leonard still on the team.

I know he wanted to be close to home…..but its not always greener on the other side.

• rstylz

Mike miller, super mario, and don’t forget about the one and only…..Norris Cole😂

I almost pooped myself when i saw Haslems name on the slate yesterday.

I almost pooped myself 3 years ago when i saw his name on the slate still. lol

Good for him, trying to beat Carters records. Playing through 5 decades.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@Pandamonious said...

The Clippers are Kawhi/George, which isn’t as good as Wade/LeBron, then they have a streaky scorer in Lou, a decent energy bench big in Harrell, a decent 5th guy in Morris, a generic big in Zubac, and what else? A decent aging bulldog D guy in Beverly. That roster just isn’t that good. I mean it’s good, better than 75-90% of NBA teams, but not championship good. And yes, this is a lot of hindsight talk, but when you really think about it, should anyone be surprised they fell short?

No. They shouldnt of even got out of the 1st round. They got lucky Porzingis got hurt

• tmarohl

@rstylz said...

The way the NBA looks right now i would have put a lot of money on the Raps winning it all this year with Leonard still on the team.

I know he wanted to be close to home…..but its not always greener on the other side.

Raps were willing to let him live in LA for load management weeks if I recall. The way this season has turned out with the Pandemic, he would have been home anyway during the shutdown, and no one was home once they got to Orlando

• yisman

@Pandamonious said...

yes

they had a better team than the Lakers, who had no depth, and a better team than the Nuggets, who somehow beat them without even having Will Barton

• Njsum1

@miggs6876 said...

PG3 has always been overrated in my eyes. He lacks consistency for a player of his status. You never really know what kind of player your getting from game to game. That was evident throughout these playoff games.

That’s it right there. He’s the DeSean Jackson of the NBA, 2-25 one game, 6-150 and 2TD the next. Gonna be tough to win hard fought 7 game series when your second best player is a roller coaster.

Kawhi choked game 7, yet he was consistent throughout the playoffs, except for game 2, of this series.

As mentioned before the Thunder are looking awfully smart bout now.

• bazerko

The Raptors were in contention to get Kawhi because they were offered a deal by OKC for Paul George. But OKC wanted the deal to include Siakam and FVV. Obviously Masai knew that Pandemic P was not worth those two along with the draft picks and the rest is history.

• theIrrigator

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #29

RG Tiered Ranking

@yisman said...

yes

they had a better team than the Lakers, who had no depth, and a better team than the Nuggets, who somehow beat them without even having Will Barton

So if the Lakers beat the nuggets the clippers still had the better team? I’m questioning how much depth is really necessary in the playoffs.

• MatiasMyles

Subtitles has been broken on Nvidia Shield ever since the upgrade to Android 9. It is supposed to be fixed with the latest Shield Experience 8.2, can somebody verify it has been fixed also for PVR Live?

https://vidmate.onl/ https://mobdro.onl/

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).