NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 208.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• yisman

I believe the Clippers franchise is now 0-8 in Game 7s

This thread should read 9/17

• ScofieldReturns

looks like FD isn’t doing the 2 day 2 slate games any more, and are focusing on the one game slates. whelp, it’s been a fun bubble everyone!

• jdtrey

Not saying they will but FD still has 28 hours until the next game so they could still decide to put up a 2 day/2 game

Looks like DK has them up though

• tmarohl

Arye Abraham
    @arye_abraham
    The Clippers have made Paul George, among others, available in trade talks, sources say.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #62

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

Arye Abraham
    @arye_abraham
    The Clippers have made Paul George, among others, available in trade talks, sources say.

Kawhi Leonard has made them available lol

• m203

the draftkings pricing is brutal for the 2 game slate. almost no point in playing

• tmarohl

@m203 said...

the draftkings pricing is brutal for the 2 game slate. almost no point in playing

It’s not the pricing, it is the lame prize pools.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Arye Abraham
    @arye_abraham

That was quick!

Frauds.
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

• tmarohl

NBA Central
    @TheNBACentral
    · 2h
    “The Clippers are going to break this up whether you like it or not. I heard from the inside source they’re all going to break this up. They are going to break this up.”

- Kendrick Perkins
    (Via ESPN)

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

That was quick!

Frauds.
    https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9/16/21439315/los-angeles-clippers-game-7-kawhi-leonard

I know the Bucks want CP3, bad! But the ultimate killer move would be for the Thunder to trade CP3 back to the Clippers, for Paul George. OKC would be back almost where they started before the season, and they would have that draft pick haul they got from the Clippers in the first place for Paul George.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

They need to just move everybody while they can.

They gave it a try for a year. Move Kawhi, PG, Lou for whatever assets they can get. They are at a dead end. They can’t make the team better.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

They need to just move everybody while they can.

They gave it a try for a year. Move Kawhi, PG, Lou for whatever assets they can get. They are at a dead end. They can’t make the team better.

They would be better just by bringing everyone else back and actually making them play a full season together and knock off the load management and skipping practices.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

They would be better just by bringing everyone else back and actually making them play a full season together and knock off the load management and skipping practices.

Yeah, then when they lose again, because they still won’t be better than at least the Lakers and Nuggets, maybe the Mavs, and Utah, they will be right back in this place again with buzz swirling that Kawhi and or PG are opting out.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Yeah, then when they lose again, because they still won’t be better than at least the Lakers and Nuggets, maybe the Mavs, and Utah, they will be right back in this place again with buzz swirling that Kawhi and or PG are opting out.

They can’t opt out until after next season, which makes both of their trade value basically nothing. I mean, Toronto traded Derozan for one year of Kawhi and it bought them a championship. Don’t think a Kawhi trade would bring much more than that back. A PG 13 trade would bring less back. Sounds like that locker room is pretty fractured. Be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

• tmarohl

The biggest blunder that I can see in the last two years though, was made by the Bucks. They fricking cut Christian Wood after they made the Pau Gasol acquisition so they could add a guard, who they ended up cutting about three days later. Man I miss Christian fricking Wood.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@tmarohl said...

They can’t opt out until after next season, which makes both of their trade value basically nothing. I mean, Toronto traded Derozan for one year of Kawhi and it bought them a championship. Don’t think a Kawhi trade would bring much more than that back. A PG 13 trade would bring less back. Sounds like that locker room is pretty fractured. Be interesting to be a fly on the wall.

Right, so they bring them back, and then fall short again and leave for nothing. So, you move them both now for assets.

• gaelicgirl

Hope someone starts an NBA Off-Season thread so we can hash out all the trades, etc. after this season ends.

• tmarohl

@gaelicgirl said...

Hope someone starts an NBA Off-Season thread so we can hash out all the trades, etc. after this season ends.

Like last year GG, I will start one. I loved that thread.

• gaelicgirl

@tmarohl said...

Like last year GG, I will start one. I loved that thread.

You da man…I loved it too, thanks!

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Right, so they bring them back, and then fall short again and leave for nothing. So, you move them both now for assets.

Kawhi ain’t going anywhere. He is home. He will dictate changes in the Clippers organization, including if Doc will be back. He will dictate everything. PG13 just isn’t the player he is thought to be. Like I said yesterday, he and Khris Middleton are the same guy. Top 25 type players but not impact guys. Nice 2B or 3 options for a good team. Not superstars.

• billythekidcowboysheat

We already went through this last night…

Summary: they’re screwed. Balmer best to just blow it up, they have no accountability as an organization, sacrificing all those assets and still playing the load management bs all year just to end up not even in the wcf???

None of those fake dogs won anything in the league, thinking klaw will just bail them out to a chip, if I’m another team i would low ball them for George paul, at this point he cannot be considered a “robin”, maybe a 3rd piece on a good team.

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

We already went through this last night…

Summary: they’re screwed. Balmer best to just blow it up, they have no accountability as an organization, sacrificing all those assets and still playing the load management bs all year just to end up not even in the wcf???

None of those fake dogs won anything in the league, thinking klaw will just bail them out to a chip, if I’m another team i would low ball them for George paul, at this point he cannot be considered a “robin”, maybe a 3rd piece on a good team.

My thoughts, he and Khris Middleton are the same guy. Top 25ish type players but not difference makers. 2B or 3A on a decent team.

• m203

@Pandamonious said...

lol no offense but this is a wild overreaction. they’re still more talented than the nuggets and absolutely could have been competitive with the lakers. they just choked offensively those 3 games they were ahead while the nuggets simultaneously (and unsustainably) essentially couldn’t miss from 3

blowing it up only makes sense if you think those guys won’t come back voluntarily after their contracts run out next year. but they still have a great chance at winning a title in 2021 so i doubt a complete blowup happens.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #92

RG Tiered Ranking

@m203 said...

lol no offense but this is a wild overreaction. they’re still more talented than the nuggets and absolutely could have been competitive with the lakers. they just choked offensively those 3 games they were ahead while the nuggets simultaneously (and unsustainably) essentially couldn’t miss from 3

blowing it up only makes sense if you think those guys won’t come back voluntarily after their contracts run out next year. but they still have a great chance at winning a title in 2021 so i doubt a complete blowup happens.

Its not an overreaction. Regular season records are meaningless once the playoffs start. Then teams get exposed. Clips got exposed. Just like the Bucks got exposed. Their may have been outside things affecting them, but that just shows the team isn’t a strong unit. Whether that’s the coach or players on the roster. You can’t win if you’re not a strong team mentally.

The fact there’s reports that they’re willing to move George and others just supports this.

Really look at that roster. Once you get past Kawhi and PG what is really there? Their 3rd best player is nothing more than a streaky scorer. Their 4th best player is a guy who basically gets what he does by out hustling other bigs, but in tighter playoff games where everyone pushes harder they lose their edge. Their 5th best player has a tendency to hog the ball and just iso people then shoot an 18 foot jump shoot and he’s pretty streaky too.

As a whole the team just isn’t that talented.

• monarch

Can the Clippers get Harden? Do they have assets?

Harden, Kawhi and anyone who can shoot. Hell they should grab MDA at that point.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.