NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:00 PM EST : Miami ( 2 ) at Boston ( -2 ) —- T: 208.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2019 Blogger of the Month

@monarch said...

Can the Clippers get Harden? Do they have assets?

Harden, Kawhi and anyone who can shoot. Hell they should grab MDA at that point.

Not really. Unless you consider Shamet, Mann, and Coffey as assets. Pretty certain they have no 1sts to trade.

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Not really. Unless you consider Shamet, Mann, and Coffey as assets. Pretty certain they have no 1sts to trade.

Maybe they need a third team that would want PG.

Trade Russ to the Knicks for RJ Barrett or something like that. Move Harden to the Clippers and involve a third team for some draft capital….be horrible for two years and reload. I just dont think the Rockets owner thinks that way.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@monarch said...

Maybe they need a third team that would want PG.

Trade Russ to the Knicks for RJ Barrett or something like that. Move Harden to the Clippers and involve a third team for some draft capital….be horrible for two years and reload. I just dont think the Rockets owner thinks that way.

Rockets gave up too many picks for Westbrook. They can’t afford to tank. Obviously they could get picks back, but they wouldn’t be determined by their tanking.

Clips and Sixers should just swap PG and Embiid.

Or if hes willing they should send him back to Indy for Dipo and Turner.

• Brendan239

BAM or Butler? I’m off Brown this game but still like Tatum and Kemba, even with Heyward. Taking a shot at Iggy again. 2 LUs. GL

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@Brendan239 said...

BAM or Butler? I’m off Brown this game but still like Tatum and Kemba, even with Heyward. Taking a shot at Iggy again. 2 LUs. GL

Hayward is doubtful I think.

I think Butler has the better ceiling. Unlikely he has another OK fantasy game. More likely he pulls more stats tonight.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Rockets gave up too many picks for Westbrook. They can’t afford to tank. Obviously they could get picks back, but they wouldn’t be determined by their tanking.

Dipo is a free agent I believe.

• tmarohl

@Pandamonious said...

Maybe their could be a three way trade between Bucks, OKC and Lac. Bucks get CP3, OKC get’s PG13, LAC gets Bledsoe, Ersan another player and a pick.

• got9forya

So it seems like we lock Tatum in the Captain Spot on Dk.

• m203

@Pandamonious said...

Its not an overreaction. Regular season records are meaningless once the playoffs start. Then teams get exposed. Clips got exposed. Just like the Bucks got exposed. Their may have been outside things affecting them, but that just shows the team isn’t a strong unit. Whether that’s the coach or players on the roster. You can’t win if you’re not a strong team mentally.

The fact there’s reports that they’re willing to move George and others just supports this.

Really look at that roster. Once you get past Kawhi and PG what is really there? Their 3rd best player is nothing more than a streaky scorer. Their 4th best player is a guy who basically gets what he does by out hustling other bigs, but in tighter playoff games where everyone pushes harder they lose their edge. Their 5th best player has a tendency to hog the ball and just iso people then shoot an 18 foot jump shoot and he’s pretty streaky too.

As a whole the team just isn’t that talented.

this is just recency bias man. any team that has paul george and kawhi leonard is extremely talented. they were stacked. lets not pretend, because they lost, that they didn’t have what was considered the best depth in the league. you can reduce lou will down to “just a streaky scorer” and the current reigning 6moty to just a hustle guy, but theyre still two of the best bench guys in the league. not many other teams have ONE let alone 2 capable 18+ ppg scorers that don’t even start.

pat beverley, memes aside, is a great role player. marcus morris is a talented 3/D guy that any team would want. zubac is a very solid starting big. jamychal green is an incredible back up 5 who can stretch the floor and play defense.

look i get it, we want to be reactionary and say the clippers are shit/not good enough on paper just because they blew a 3-1 lead (they had to win 3 first against the nuggets who you now say are clearly better in the first place). but they obviously aren’t. gotta relax lol. shit happens

• yisman

I still think the Bucks were better than the Heat and the Clippers were better than the Nuggets

who knows, maybe not having home court affected it?

disappointed that the NBA refused to give the home teams any advantage. They could’ve had extra challenges, start quarters with the ball, etc. Nada.

Lou Will must’ve been negatively affected by the bubble. Maybe Pandemic P too.

The no going to strip clubs…

did that affect Harden?

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@m203 said...

this is just recency bias man. any team that has paul george and kawhi leonard is extremely talented. they were stacked. lets not pretend, because they lost, that they didn’t have what was considered the best depth in the league. you can reduce lou will down to “just a streaky scorer” and the current reigning 6moty to just a hustle guy, but theyre still two of the best bench guys in the league. not many other teams have ONE let alone 2 capable 18+ ppg scorers that don’t even start.

pat beverley, memes aside, is a great role player. marcus morris is a talented 3/D guy that any team would want. zubac is a very solid starting big. jamychal green is an incredible back up 5 who can stretch the floor and play defense.

look i get it, we want to be reactionary and say the clippers are shit/not good enough on paper just because they blew a 3-1 lead (they had to win 3 first against the nuggets who you now say are clearly better in the first place). but they obviously aren’t. gotta relax lol. shit happens

It’s not recency bias. Based on your 2nd sentence I would suggest you have “star bias.” As in any team with two all-stars is automatically a really talented team.

You’re right about Morris. Every team would love to have him, that’s why every team gets rid of him. Suns trade him to Detroit, Detroit sends him to Boston, Boston decides not to resign him, he signs with the Knicks, then Knicks move him for a very late 1st in a terrible draft. All in less than 5 years.

Lou and Harrell get what is, big market bias. The idea that Lou is better than, or Harrell deserved the 6 man over Dragic, Schroder, Rose, Bogdan, Dinwiddie. Even like Seth Curry, Terrance Ross, or Bertans is kind of ridiculous.

Zubac is not “very solid.” Green is OK, he’s a decent player, but “incredible back up 5?” WHAT?! That’s why Memphis moved him in a strictly salary dump trade, right?

I have zero to do with Clippers. Neither a fan, or a hater. I just see what I see. Yes, they were up 3-1 on the Nuggets, but the team didn’t have the mental or physical ability to close it out. That’s weak and signs of a weak team. You’re also ignoring their struggles with Dallas, and if Porzingis does’t get a BS ejection in game 1, then miss the rest of the series after game 3, what would have happened? They easily might have gotten knocked out in the 1st round. Would people be “over reacting” then?

Not to mention LA is actually going to have to fork over money to resign Morris and Harrell and that incredible back-up Green, I imagine move into some heavy luxury tax, just to bring back the exact same team, because they have zero assets to move that couldn’t get it done when it mattered. How does that make sense?

This is what equates to false hype. An LA team, getting the media bump all day, people catch the vapors, then when it’s exposed as hype, people still try to defend it, because they can’t believe they were wrong about it.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@got9forya said...

So it seems like we lock Tatum in the Captain Spot on Dk.

Haven’t played around a lot with it, but 1 line up I’ve built I have Smart at Captain. Seems like the perfect high-ish mid option with enough upside to be one of the top 3 scorers in the game at a discount from Bam, Butler, Tatum, Kemba, Brown, Dragic.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Wait, so are we going back to Wanamaker? Is it still a well-researched great play who is a perfect match up for the Heat?

• SteeloCity

@Pandamonious said...

Wait, so are we going back to Wanamaker? Is it still a well-researched great play who is a perfect match up for the Heat?

Lol that was a career game. I don’t think he does that well again. I’m locking Tatum, Bam, and Smart. Figure out the rest.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@SteeloCity said...

Lol that was a career game. I don’t think he does that well again. I’m locking Tatum, Bam, and Smart. Figure out the rest.

Yeah, in showdown it’s different and he’s helpful. Even 15 points is OK. I think it comes to down to who scores more, Williams, Iggy, or Wanamaker. I guess Kelly O too. Sort of have to mix and match them if multi-entering. That’s kind of obvious though. Of course there’s builds you can do where you don’t play any of them, but then you’re light on the high ceiling guys.

• jlowery73

2012 DDC Main Event Champion

• 2014 FAFC Finalist

• x3

2015 FACFC Finalist

@Pandamonious said...

Price barely moved….it’s on you if you fade and he does well lol.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

Boston HAS to find a way to get Kemba going, right?

• billythekidcowboysheat

Of course they priced wanamaker down to the point where he is still below every bench player expect Nunn,grant, timelord and possibly djj who will actually see the floor😑

• Brendan239

Not Wanamaker …..Timelord game!!!

• monarch

@Pandamonious said...

Boston HAS to find a way to get Kemba going, right?

He most likely goes off

• DrLost

Trying to decide if I want to stack Lakers or Celtics 🤔

• keithj31216

Is anyone else leaving like 1,800 on the table? It is making me rethink my picks.

• BazookaDad

@DrLost said...

Trying to decide if I want to stack Lakers or Celtics 🤔

Lakers aren’t playing amigo

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #86

RG Tiered Ranking

@BazookaDad said...

They have 2 day, 2 game slates.

• WillyWongka

@BazookaDad said...

Probably talking about DK’s 2-day/game slate. I was hoping people would talk about tomorrow’s game too.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.