NBA FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:30 PM EST : Boston ( -2.5 ) at Miami ( 2.5 ) —- T: 206.5

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Brendan239

Damn, I was in 1st w 5 minutes to go last night but on to tonight. I’m going heavy Tatum and think Boston wins tonight by 5. Kelly O is my sleeper and Herro is my mi-tier I like. Kemba might be in all 3 I think he’s due for 25 real points.

• Brendan239

Eewww, put DJJ in one to make a unique LU. Maybe he can stumble his way to 16 FD points. A sneaky play for today is Theis. Look who he’s around what he’s done done the past 2 games. His ownership will be much lower than those $2k above/below him by 10%+. Only doing 4 but trying to be unique, but heavy Tatum/Kemba.

• Njsum1

Did pretty well on the 2 game slate. Not a big fan Of NBA showdowns. On the two gamer….Howard, Rondo, AD, and Herro are in both my lineups. Then I mix in some other guys.

• Pandamonious

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

Logical scenario is Smart comes out on fire backing up his locker room tirade. Kemba continues to shoot more and better. Boston turns it up and holds a lead most the game, forcing Butler to go into his take over mode, and takes 16-20 shots instead of 10-14, and probably ends up with more assists. No reason not think Bam won’t get 40+ again.

Nothing sneaky there, but building off those 4 seems pretty logical.

Any of them can be captain. Then mix in whatever fits. Robinson will obviously be higher owned now, but highly unlikely he goes 6-12 from 3 again, and his price is up.

I think the biggest question is….does Boston go back to Kanter or Williams, and does either have enough upside to be worth messing with?

• Pandamonious

Ah, just realizing Hayward is questionable now. I guess I should have figured that. Him playing is a big deal too and big question too, obviously.

• SteeloCity

For showdown, you really have to pick your poison. I love Bam, Kemba, and Smart but I’d hate to miss out on Tatum if he decides to have another Game 1.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Logical scenario is Smart comes out on fire backing up his locker room tirade.

Well, that’s one scenario.

Imo…If Hayward sits, Celtics are going to need their best player to be the best player on the floor today and that’s Tatum. Don’t see the Celtics winning without a big game from him.

• Pandamonious

@Njsum1 said...

Well, that’s one scenario.

Imo…If Hayward sits, Celtics are going to need their best player to be the best player on the floor today and that’s Tatum. Don’t see the Celtics winning without a big game from him.

Big games from Smart and Kemba can lead to a win. Tatum doesn’t need to score 30+ for them to win, if Smart and Kemba score 25+. Tatum can’t suck and them win though. Assuming they play well defensively and stuff of course.

• Njsum1

@Pandamonious said...

Big games from Smart and Kemba can lead to a win. Tatum doesn’t need to score 30+ for them to win, if Smart and Kemba score 25+. Tatum can’t suck and them win though. Assuming they play well defensively and stuff of course.

Sure, I was saying that Smart Coming out on fire is one possibility, yet no more likely than any other. It’s not time to make people happy for Boston, it’s time to win.

I know Smart has shot well during the playoffs, yet he’s not their scorer, and imo he’s be better off using his energy getting up in Dragic or Butlers grill and letting the other guys score.

If Hayward is back, I don’t what to think. Yet if he’s out, the only Celtic player I have in my two slate lineups is Tatum and he’s only in one. Don’t love Tatum per se, it’s just that he has the most upside. Wide range of outcomes type player.

Don’t mind Theis, yet I wasn’t making another lineup just to play Theis.

• mmmfriedchicken

If I had to pick one Boston player it’s gonna be Kemba — has the highest usage of any BOS player in this series, still priced down a bit compared to other BOS parts, and if BOS is going to come back and make this a series he’s probably going to need to go off for 25/30+ real points

If Hayward is back he probably eats some of Smarts minutes too — just not sold on smart today and that he can keep draining threes to hit value at his increasing price tag, especially after his team got in his face about tossing up a bad one (three)

Think most of the usage today goes thru Kemba and Tatum — just my opinion — hope it helps some folks

Jaylen has had the lowest usage and his price is still high — would definitely look at fading him

• gaelicgirl

I’m going with the same LU I used last time, because I expect the same result

Might switch the order of my MIA players up a bit this time, though

• gaelicgirl

Zach Zarba, Eric Lewis and Pat Fraher will tend to the officiating tonight

• Brendan239

Just doing 6 tonight (FD). Kelly O in 1, DJJ in 1, Smart in 1, Theis in 1, Tatum in 3, Kemba in 3 (1 @ 2x). GL today. Celtics win 107-102.

• JSteele

@gaelicgirl said...

Zach Zarba, Eric Lewis and Pat Fraher will tend to the officiating tonight

Zarba is notorious for unders

• JSteele

My thoughts on this game is that Boston needs to win and they need to step up defensively to do it. I think the offense will flow through Tatum as it often has during a big game. I think it’s going to be a bit of a slug fest but I lean Boston today. Something like 100-93 final score. I think someone like Theis might benefit from a few extra boards and defensive stats. Smart should be fired up but he sort of requires someone else for his offense. I don’t think he takes the reigns from Kemba here but I think he shows up defensively and locks down Dragic.

Boston’s best bet is to get someone like Bam in foul trouble so I would like to see them get into the paint a lot tonight.

• jessedio

Miami is too tough for BOS. Hope they go up 3-0 tonight. Brad Stevens is going to try and get crafty I’m sure it will still backfire.

Herro is playing great and should continue tonight. He’s been trying to impress his new IG girlfriend who’s in the Bubble with him..lol

• Celtics=

Stacking my heat with probaly tatum.

• SteeloCity

Looks like Heyward is playing, I’m def pivoting off of Smart if that’s the case.

• gaelicgirl

@SteeloCity said...

Looks like Heyward is playing, I’m def pivoting off of Smart if that’s the case.

I’d think that would hurt Theis more, they can use Hayward as a small ball C. They need Smart’s defense.

• gaelicgirl

@JSteele said...

Boston’s best bet is to get someone like Bam in foul trouble

That ruins the game (see: last night)

• Pandamonious

Hayward probably won’t play a ton right? He’s been out a while? 20 minutes? Grant Williams has been playing 10. I imagine he stays on the bench. Wanamaker probably plays 15 instead of 25.

That’s 20 minutes right there.

As far as usage and production, and who he takes away from, that’s a whole other thing. I would think Smart would be impacted some.

• noddy

Is Kanter going to play again?

• monarch

All the Boston regulars are fine. Hayward 15-20 runs some point forward allows Kemba to work off the ball and actually get open and for Tatum to be more efficient.

• Pandamonious

@noddy said...

Is Kanter going to play again?

Part of me thinks yes, because he got 2nd half run too. Part of me thinks, they go back to Williams. Really don’t know.

I’ll say this:

I’m only using Kanter in showdown and not Williams, because if Williams does play, I don’t think the ceiling is there, where if Kanter did get in he could have more of a fantasy impact. Kanter is also cheaper and worst case, he gets a zero, but it’s POSSIBLE although unlikely to still cash with a 0, if the guys you were able to jam in smash enough.

• noddy

@Pandamonious said...

Part of me thinks yes, because he got 2nd half run too. Part of me thinks, they go back to Williams. Really don’t know.

I’ll say this:

I’m only using Kanter in showdown and not Williams, because if Williams does play, I don’t think the ceiling is there, where if Kanter did get in he could have more of a fantasy impact. Kanter is also cheaper and worst case, he gets a zero, but it’s POSSIBLE although unlikely to still cash with a 0, if the guys you were able to jam in smash enough.

Thanks for the info and thoughts.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).