Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 9/26
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    Sunday, 9/27
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@billythekidcowboysheat said...

The reaper came for the celtics FINNALLY🔥😈🙏🏻

On to bron-🏆

I’m pulling for you. Not just because you beat the Bucks, but because I hate Lebummer, and Jimmy, Crowder, and Herro are local.

• @tmarohl said...

I’m pulling for you. Not just because you beat the Bucks, but because I hate Lebummer, and Jimmy, Crowder, and Herro are local.

I’ll always have a soft spot for bron, i mean he we won 2/4, it’s gonna be weird going against him.

I think we have a legit shot, especially implementing zone, series will be tough if lakers are knocking down corner 3’s, glass should get whatever he wants.

But i do believe we have kryptonite for them in few different guys to guys to stick on lebron, and on the other side the baby splash brothers.

• tmarohl

I’ll always have a soft spot for bron, i mean he we won 2/4, it’s gonna be weird going against him.

I think we have a legit shot, especially implementing zone, series will be tough if lakers are knocking down corner 3’s, glass should get whatever he wants.

But i do believe we have kryptonite for them in few different guys to guys to stick on lebron, and on the other side the baby splash brothers.

It will come down to AD. Heat have no one who can cover him. Lebron will be OK but probably held to about 45 FDP points or so. Really think the wild cards are Herro and Robinson. If they are hitting, I could see Heat kicking their ass in a short series of 5 games. Lakers are basically a two man team. Heat are 8 or 9 deep. Of course, if Heat do pull it out, media will make it out like it is the biggest upset of all time because of Lebummer, but Heat are a more complete team. Celtics are more complete than Lakers too.

• tmarohl

Really, you have five guys you can throw at Lebron to slow him down. Butler, Crowder, Iggy, Hill and even Derrick Jones. Just beat the hell out of him. Don’t know who can slow down AD though.

• tmarohl

So you think Danny Green is going to remember how to shoot again?

• @tmarohl said...

It will come down to AD. Heat have no one who can cover him. Lebron will be OK but probably held to about 45 FDP points or so. Really think the wild cards are Herro and Robinson. If they are hitting, I could see Heat kicking their ass in a short series of 5 games. Lakers are basically a two man team. Heat are 8 or 9 deep. Of course, if Heat do pull it out, media will make it out like it is the biggest upset of all time because of Lebummer, but Heat are a more complete team. Celtics are more complete than Lakers too.

Yeah, i tried telling ppl in here, we have a “TEAM” vs a couple guys, we got on the right side of the bracket as well, avoiding celtics till ecf, i think toronto would of been are toughest matchup.

Bucks just don’t match up with us at all, boston worried me at times because they have mutliple guys that can get there own shot.

Glass will be the issue, he’s gonna get offesive rebounds at will vs zone, but if we can cut off everyone else and contain bron enough should be able to make it a series.

Spo should close with tonight’s lineup, with goran off the court, jimmy, splash bros, bam and iggy… if jae is knocking shots down he could take one of those spots, that’s my closing lineup.

• tmarohl

I just like the defensive options you have against Lebron. You have 30 plus fouls to burn. I think Heat win this series in 5, if Glass doesn’t have monster series. I see Lebron struggling to score, unless he gets his points at the line.

• I hope so, i was telling other ppl this team is one of my favorites as a heat die hard. It resembles the 06 team, not like the “big 3 era”. I really like being the underdog, but i do believe alot of ppl will be rooting for us to see bron lose again in the finals🤣

• tmarohl

I hope so, i was telling other ppl this team is one of my favorites as a heat die hard. It resembles the 06 team, not like the “big 3 era”. I really like being the underdog, but i do believe alot of ppl will be rooting for us to see bron lose again in the finals🤣

I would peg the Heat as a favorite. I would actually be shocked it it took them more than 6 games. Lebron should just be average with the defensive options you have.
    AD will probably dominate, but won’t matter if you keep Lebron reasonable. Don’t see guys like KCP and Danny Green doing better than Herro and Robinson across an entire series. Kuzma blows. It will be a huge upset if Lakers win in my opinion.

• tmarohl

Official prediction is Heat in 6, but I could see them winning in 5, or even sweeping.

• miggs6876

@tmarohl said...

Official prediction is Heat in 6, but I could see them winning in 5, or even sweeping.

Davis and LeBron too much for the heat. Rondo at the point with guys like KCP, Green, Dwight, and Kuz contribute just enough to combat Miami’s offense. Butler will be forced to shoot and he sucks at shooting. The Laker bigs will be swatting away his drives. Bam will likely get into some foul trouble. No way he dominates against the Lakers. He had it made going against Mil and Bos who were very weak inside. The heat needs to hit their outside shot at an above average rate to win. Lakers in six.

• jdtrey

These are hilarious takes .. LBJ gonna be held to 45 FDP? What, once this series? The Heat have looked great – they were literally built for an environment like the bubble. Their cinderella story is over now though, Butler and Iggy will hold their own against Lebron but Crowder and Hill won’t slow him down much and he’ll bully DJJ.

• yisman

Heat have no depth. They’ve been essentially running a seven man rotation since Spoelstra stopped playing Olynyk.

The Nuggets Clippers and Bucks had depth. The Heat do not.

Herro comes off the bench technically but plays starter’s minutes so I’d call him one of the starting five. Their bench is Duncan Robinson and Iguana. No backup bigs.

Lakers caught massive breaks getting to avoid the two other top teams. I think they beat the Heat.

Maybe against the Lakers Spoelstra will be forced to use Olynyk because the Lakers are a much bigger team than the Celtics.

So that would be a three man bench.

Heat have been fortunate to avoid injuries and foul trouble (for the most part) especially with the lack of depth.

If Glass and LeBron stay healthy I would give the Heat less than a 15% chance of winning this series.

• tmarohl

Glass is the key, Miami has no one to stop him. They have enough defenders to put on Lebron to bother him, even if for only two or three minute stretches. I think their strategy will be to try to slow one of those guys down so both don’t have big games at the same time. They have the personnel to try to do that with Lebron. They don’t with Glass. I expect Glass to have a monster series. Heat will win if they can somehow keep Lebron in check and not having huge scoring games.

• superjon

Fun to look back at how many people thought the Lakers wouldn’t get this far.

https://rotogrinders.com/threads/nba-off-season-thread-3053692?page=1

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

Lakers caught massive breaks getting to avoid the two other top teams.

Lakers/Clippers would’ve been a good series, possibly an all timer depending how it played out but the Lakers still would’ve advanced .. the Bucks were probably never making the Finals and if they did Lakers probably would’ve swept them. (even if it only goes 5 this will be a much closer Finals than Lakers/Bucks would have)

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Lakers/Clippers would’ve been a good series, possibly an all timer depending how it played out but the Lakers still would’ve advanced .. the Bucks were probably never making the Finals and if they did Lakers probably would’ve swept them. (even if it only goes 5 this will be a much closer Finals than Lakers/Bucks would have)

Completely disagree. Clippers and/or Bucks would’ve given the Lakers all they could handle, especially if this were a real playoffs and Milwaukee had home court. Bucks very difficult to beat at Fiserv

As it is, I predict Lakers beat the Heat in 5 or 6

• yisman

Strange stuff happens in the bubble but for the record, when the season stopped, Bucks/Clippers/Lakers were all about the same odds to win the title. Clear class of the NBA.

I never would’ve guessed the Heat would be in the Finals, but I’m also confident they would not have made it there under normal conditions. They were the #5 seed and would’ve had the home court disadvantage every round, which makes a big difference.

The NBA chose to not give any HCA and we see what happened.

• jdtrey

Doc would’ve done what he has always done as a coach and not adjusted – Lakers win that series in 6 no questions.
    Maybe, if you’re talking about the Bucks that played in the regular season they’d have shot to extend the series to 5 or 6 but not the Bucks that showed up to the bubble. Those Bucks get swept easily. And that’s without even bringing up the Lakers beating the Bucks 3/6 right before the season shut down when they were still the good Bucks

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

I never would’ve guessed the Heat would be in the Finals, but I’m also confident they would not have made it there under normal conditions. They were the #5 seed and would’ve had the home court disadvantage every round, which makes a big difference.

Agreed and I think the bubble especially works well for them since they’re easily the best conditioned team in the league and there’s a game every other day

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Doc would’ve done what he has always done as a coach and not adjusted – Lakers win that series in 6 no questions.
    Maybe, if you’re talking about the Bucks that played in the regular season they’d have shot to extend the series to 5 or 6 but not the Bucks that showed up to the bubble. Those Bucks get swept easily. And that’s without even bringing up the Lakers beating the Bucks 3/6 right before the season shut down when they were still the good Bucks

That does not help your argument at all.

The teams were evenly matched.

They played twice. LA won in LA by 10. Milwaukee won in Milwaukee by 7.

The favorite to win in a real series would’ve been the Bucks because they would’ve had home court.

The Bucks would’ve been a small favorite in every home game and the Lakers would’ve been a small favorite in every home game.

Series price probably would’ve been around Bucks -140.

The COVID shutdown and the bubble nonsense really skewed the season and people forget quickly how good and deep the Bucks were.

• gaelicgirl

I’d like the Heat’s chances to win if the series is called fairly…but it won’t be.

Heat will be playing 5 on 8.

• yisman

RE: gaelicgirl

https://twitter.com/RotoGrinders/status/1310645766139056128

• gaelicgirl

@yisman said...

RE: gaelicgirl

https://twitter.com/RotoGrinders/status/1310645766139056128

Haha yup!

• jdtrey

Big difference in a December game and a March game as far as implications for the playoffs but that’s alright. Yes the Bucks would’ve been a small (-110/120) series favorite and the favorite for all of their home games – hence the reason they could’ve extended the series to 5 or 6 in that scenario. The Bucks are a great regular season team, they’ve proven that two years in a row. They’ve also proven two years in a row that they are not built for the playoffs. I’m not taking anything away from their talent but Bud is slow to adjust as well (as he keeps proving) and the Lakers would’ve had their way with them after a game or two, just like they have with every single opponent in the playoffs.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.