Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 9/26
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    Sunday, 9/27
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

Doc would’ve done what he has always done as a coach and not adjusted – Lakers win that series in 6 no questions.
    Maybe, if you’re talking about the Bucks that played in the regular season they’d have shot to extend the series to 5 or 6 but not the Bucks that showed up to the bubble. Those Bucks get swept easily. And that’s without even bringing up the Lakers beating the Bucks 3/6 right before the season shut down when they were still the good Bucks

I saw the “good” Bucks blow out both the Lakers and Clippers at Fiserv in about a two week period.

• tmarohl

@yisman said...

RE: gaelicgirl

https://twitter.com/RotoGrinders/status/1310645766139056128

I was just at a store and was talking to the clerk, he said he doesn’t watch sports anymore because of guys like Lebron, whining constantly. He said Lebron cries more than an actual baby cries.

• emnj69

the lakers will win
    they have the two best players playing in the series and it is not even close- lebron and AD it is that simple-as long as they dont get hurt they are not losing. I also expect to see rondo step up his game.
    bam will be in constant foul trouble
    jimmy has the killer instinct but not going to shoot his way out of this series and the layups arent going to be there

bron is one of the greatest ever and he will not dud out in this series but the contrary -unlike paper stat guys like Harden Lebron shows up on the big stage

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Big difference in a December game and a March game as far as implications for the playoffs but that’s alright.

No. The games meant the same to the teams at the time.

You could argue the March game meant less to the Bucks since they had such a big lead in the East already, which further hurts your argument.

Going by HTH, it shows the teams were even.

Lakers needed to win to keep the #1, for sure.

• tmarohl

That was also the game Giannis hurt his knee.

• jdtrey

@gaelicgirl said...

I’d like the Heat’s chances to win if the series is called fairly…but it won’t be.

Heat will be playing 5 on 8.

I’d love if you could provide any kind of statistical evidence of this.. but you can’t.

Lakers are averaging the same amount of PFs for and against them in the playoffs.

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

I saw the “good” Bucks blow out both the Lakers and Clippers at Fiserv in about a two week period.

In December .. with a team that’s been together for 2+ years vs 2 teams that were just getting acclimated. Hence the reason I said there’s a huge difference in what you see in a December game vs a March game for playoff implications.

Since when is a 7 point win a blow out btw?

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

No. The games meant the same to the teams at the time.

You could argue the March game meant less to the Bucks since they had such a big lead in the East already, which further hurts your argument.

Going by HTH, it shows the teams were even.

Lakers needed to win to keep the #1, for sure.

Speaking in definite terms doesn’t make any of what you said true lol..
    The games always mean more to every contending team in March than they do in December, there’s no way around that.. They were also both hyped up for the game in March and LBJ dominated ABC when they were going at each other. On top of that, the Lakers arguably looked better when the season halted than they even do now and they’re still running through teams.

• tmarohl

Doc Rivers out with the Clippers

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

In December .. with a team that’s been together for 2+ years vs 2 teams that were just getting acclimated. Hence the reason I said there’s a huge difference in what you see in a December game vs a March game for playoff implications.

Since when is a 7 point win a blow out btw?

If I recall, they were getting blown out and both teams went to the scrubs, and the ending margin was reduced.

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

Doc Rivers out with the Clippers

Absolutely the right move but still seems crazy in these uncertain times .. does Lue move to HC now? Can’t imagine them hiring someone else that just got fired.

• jdtrey

@tmarohl said...

If I recall, they were getting blown out and both teams went to the scrubs, and the ending margin was reduced.

Makes sense, was curious so just looked.. 19 point game at half, 8 point game at the end of 3

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Speaking in definite terms doesn’t make any of what you said true lol..

Well, it is true.

The games did not mean more to them in March.

The Bucks had a big lead in the East. You think they cared more about games in March than in December? The opposite is true, if anything. The Lakers were playing for the #1 seed in March so the game was more important to them.

Bottom line is they would’ve been favored to beat the Lakers in a series, and that’s factual.

• jdtrey

I guarantee the game meant more to every single player and coach on both teams in March than December, that’s literally not even debatable. You can sit here and try all you want but you’re just going to continue to be wrong on that point. I agreed with you that the Bucks would have been a small favorite so not sure what point you’re trying to make there. All I’ve said all along is the Bucks would’ve been swept by the Lakers had they met in the Finals in the bubble. (and probably would’ve extended the series a game or two out of the bubble)

• gaelicgirl

@jdtrey said...

I’d love if you could provide any kind of statistical evidence of this.. but you can’t.

Lakers are averaging the same amount of PFs for and against them in the playoffs.

They don’t keep stats on bad calls, but you know them when you see them. The fouls that don’t get called when they should be are just as important as the fouls that get called.

This is a clear foul on Murray by LeBron – not called
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1309332306167955457
    Draymond even admitted it was a foul by saying, “He hasn’t earned that call against Bron in that moment”

This is a clear foul on Jokic by LeBron – not called
    https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1309334308767764485
    Jokic landed on LeBron’s foot because it was in his landing space, violating the Zaza Pachulia rule

Then there was this foul by AD where he pins Jokic’s arm
    https://twitter.com/drnugget/status/1309337294260838405
    and Jokic gets called for the foul!

• jdtrey

Calls get missed all the time on both sides .. hence the reason both teams sent in videos of what they believed were missed calls to the league. I can sit here and cherry pick 15 calls/non-calls like you just did but it doesn’t change the facts or prove anything. The officiating in the bubble has not been great .. but it definitely hasn’t favored the Lakers like you’d like to make everyone believe.

• SkateFiend

Rivers wasted a trio of 3-1 series leads. He had to go. He should have been let go after feuding with CP3 and not managing the resulting clubhouse tensions. His postgame rant showed a man who had no control over his emotion or the declining morale and physical state of the team.

There’s no excuse in wasting a 3-1 series lead with the level of talent they had. They even had a 20 point half time lead in the game 4 or 5. What the Clips need is a large dose of humility and a grownup coach with a philosophy and clear game plan. Ballmer acts like a giddy little kid in a lot of their games. Get rid of the silly “lob city” swagger and instill some blue collar culture in the team.

• JSteele

@jdtrey said...

Calls get missed all the time on both sides .. hence the reason both teams sent in videos of what they believed were missed calls to the league. I can sit here and cherry pick 15 calls/non-calls like you just did but it doesn’t change the facts or prove anything. The officiating in the bubble has not been great .. but it definitely hasn’t favored the Lakers like you’d like to make everyone believe.

My opinion as a viewer is that games get called “fairly” throughout the first 46 minutes of the game but when it comes down to crucial calls at the end of the game that severely impact the outcome of the game, it leans one way.

This is not just for the Lakers but in all of the series these playoffs it seems like there is some bs calls at the end of deciding games.

• jdtrey

@JSteele said...

My opinion as a viewer is that games get called “fairly” throughout the first 46 minutes of the game but when it comes down to crucial calls at the end of the game that severely impact the outcome of the game, it leans one way.

This is not just for the Lakers but in all of the series these playoffs it seems like there is some bs calls at the end of deciding games.

Shocks me with how much of a spotlight is on the NBA right now just how bad the officiating and announcing has been throughout the bubble but maybe it’s just fatigue across the board from these guys

• jdtrey

Saw earlier ESPN posted on Instagram with the caption, “Antetokounmpo vs. Leonard in the NBA Finals. Just like we all expected.”

..with pictures of Kostas Antetokounmpo and Meyers Leonard

• gaelicgirl

@jdtrey said...

The officiating in the bubble has not been great .. but it definitely hasn’t favored the Lakers like you’d like to make everyone believe.

Game 3 against the Blazers, Lakers had a 31-8 free throw advantage…at halftime.
    Lakers had a season-high 43 free throws by the end of the game, Blazers had 19.

We’ll have to agree to disagree about the Lakers getting favorable whistles.

• jdtrey

Did you watch the game? I did and hate to tell ya but the vast majority of those FTs were earned. 25 PFs lead to 43 FTs, that’s an issue of poor choice for the Blazers not the refs. Blazers had more fouls than that 3 other games of the series, they just weren’t fouling as much on shot attempts.

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

All I’ve said all along is the Bucks would’ve been swept by the Lakers had they met in the Finals in the bubble.

And you can continue to say that and be wrong, just like you’re wrong about the March thing.

Maybe you can petition the league to not count games in December for the standings but double count games in March.

By the way, people who play DFS know about the hesitancy to use Giannis because he plays less minutes than other studs.

The Bucks play him 25-30 minutes the final months of the season because they have a big lead for the #1 overall each year.

So arguing the Bucks “care more” about games in March is pure fiction and any NBA fan can tell you that.

The Bucks do care less about the regular season games than the Lakers, that is for sure. Compare Giannis’ minutes to LeBron’s minutes and let me know what you see.

• jdtrey

You can continue trying to justify what you’re saying all you want but every single NBA team cares more about March than December – the fact that you think this is even up for debate is laughable.

Let’s try to use your complete lack of logic here, Giannis played 32 minutes in the win in December, he played 36 minutes in the loss in March. So somehow, some way I’m sure in your mind that’s further proof that they didn’t care about the March game since they played Giannis his 3rd most minutes of the entire season in that game.

• yisman

It is laughable that you are arguing this point.

This all stemmed from you absurdly trying to claim that the Lakers beating the Bucks in March somehow counts more than the Bucks win in December, even though I’ve proven that the Bucks had less motivation in March due to the ACTUAL STANDINGS.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.