Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Saturday, 9/26
    9:00 PM EST : Denver ( 5 ) at LA Lakers ( -5 ) —- T: 214
    Sunday, 9/27
    7:30 PM EST : Boston ( -3 ) at Miami ( 3 ) —- T: 214

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NBA strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NBA thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

It is laughable that you are arguing this point.

This all stemmed from you absurdly trying to claim that the Lakers beating the Bucks in March somehow counts more than the Bucks win in December, even though I’ve proven that the Bucks had less motivation in March due to the ACTUAL STANDINGS.

I love how you think you’ve proven anything at all. There hasn’t been one shred of proof of anything you said, nor will there be because they don’t exist. You seem to enjoy living in your own little world where logic doesn’t make sense – good luck with that.

All you’ve really “proven” so far is that you lack the ability to honestly think through these things objectively.

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

I love how you think you’ve proven anything at all. There hasn’t been one shred of proof of anything you said, nor will there be because they don’t exist. You seem to enjoy living in your own little world where logic doesn’t make sense – good luck with that.

All you’ve really “proven” so far is that you lack the ability to honestly think through these things objectively.

Glaring lack of self-awareness here.

Your position is laughable.

Proof? Like you stating definitively that the Lakers would’ve swept the Bucks? As if that was going to happen in this universe?

Enjoy your alternate reality, where the Lakers never lose, fanboy.

I’ll stay right here in reality.

• jdtrey

While there is no doubt in my mind that the Lakers would’ve swept the Bucks in the bubble Finals, I never once said I did or could prove it or anything close to that. You on the other hand seem to think you’ve proven something when you haven’t actually even made a valid point yet. You literally just tried to say you’ve proven something that isn’t even true. The truth is the Bucks cared more about the game in March, as evidenced by the fact they played Giannis 36 (4 more than the first game) minutes in the game (during the period you claim he doesn’t play that many minutes because they don’t care as much about that part of the season) but of course you just completely glossed over that FACT to try to continue your non-existent argument.

• yisman

I give up. Enjoy your alternate reality, fanboy.

Any objective NBA fan knows that the idea that the Bucks care more about games in March when they’ve locked up the #1 seed is unadulterated fiction.

• jdtrey

I would’ve given up a long time ago if I was you. You haven’t actually made a valid point in multiple pages and you don’t seem to have a very good relationship with reality and the truth. They never had the #1 seed locked up pre-pandemic so not sure where that thought comes from. Yes they had a lead in the conference but by no means was it a foregone conclusion – especially not since Giannis was probably going to miss a week or two when the season shut down. They didn’t clinch until Aug. 6th and that’s with a shortened season. You keep living in that fantasy land of yours buddy. Even your sorry excuse at an insult is a joke.

• tmarohl

@jdtrey said...

I would’ve given up a long time ago if I was you. You haven’t actually made a valid point in multiple pages and you don’t seem to have a very good relationship with reality and the truth. They never had the #1 seed locked up pre-pandemic so not sure where that thought comes from. Yes they had a lead in the conference but by no means was it a foregone conclusion – especially not since Giannis was probably going to miss a week or two when the season shut down. They didn’t clinch until Aug. 6th and that’s with a shortened season. You keep living in that fantasy land of yours buddy. Even your sorry excuse at an insult is a joke.

Bucks only needed to win one or two in the bubble if I recall to get top seed. I think that hurt them, as they treated the bubble like preseason for the most part. More interested in getting guys to the playoffs non injured rather than going in there and stomping on teams. I think our coach handled it totally wrong. Should have been looking to get the team gelling again with a playoff rotation, rather than screwing around. They never got back close to where they were. All momentum was lost with a 4 plus month layoff. With that said, top seed doesn’t even mean anything in the bubble as there is no home court advantage. It is actually an advantage to the lower seeds as they don’t have to deal with 4 games of hostile fans in a normal 7 game series. When the season shut down, I think there was around 16 or so regular season games left and I think the Bucks had about a 5 game lead over Toronto, and about 4 over the Lakers. I could be wrong, but that is what I kind of remember. I think overall these playoff results would have been different if it wasn’t for Covid. Not saying the Bucks would have beat Miami, because they have struggled against Heat last two years, but I don’t think Miami would have beaten Boston if there were four games in the Garden. I don’t think Nuggets beat Clippers if there were four games in LA.

• jdtrey

Yea I completely agree that Bud just didn’t coach it right. And he’s really not a bad coach so I really don’t understand what his thought process was – both in ramping up to the playoffs and then with adjusting mid-series/game. I agree with you that the bubble definitely changed the way things went quite a bit. I don’t think the Heat beat the Celts either but I do think the Nuggets still beat the Clippers because literally all they had to do was make minor adjustments to win and Doc refused to do so. Kawhi and PG should’ve just taken it upon themselves to do what needed to be done but for some reason they didn’t. I’m really not an LBJ fan, it just so happened he ended up on the team I’ve been rooting for 30 years but there’s no way he allows that to happen 3 games in a row regardless of what his coach refuses to do. Kawhi for some reason did – and don’t get me wrong, he’s absolutely great but he’s still a level below Lebron because of that.

• theIrrigator

• Ranked #63

RG Tiered Ranking

Reading Page 3 I think Billy and Tmarohl were smoking some top shelf stuff. Heat in 5 or 6?!!

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@theIrrigator said...

Reading Page 3 I think Billy and Tmarohl were smoking some top shelf stuff. Heat in 5 or 6?!!

The whole argument involved bias people, so it went about as expected. Well, not sure about yisman. Billy is a Heat fan. tmarohl hates LeBron, and likes the Heats Wisconsin connections. jdtrey is definitely a Lakers fan. So, basically exactly what you’d expect.

• jdtrey

No question I’m a Lakers fan – but there was no bias in anything I said. Please feel free to point to it if you disagree. I was just trying to have an intelligent debate about what was going on in the NBA but clearly that’s not possible with everyone here.

• Pandamonious

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #90

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2020 Blogger of the Month

@jdtrey said...

No question I’m a Lakers fan – but there was no bias in anything I said. Please feel free to point to it if you disagree. I was just trying to have an intelligent debate about what was going on in the NBA but clearly that’s not possible with everyone here.

I’m just saying, there’s an inherent bias usually when you’re a fan of a certain team. I didn’t read word for word every single post on the matter. I just wouldn’t expect a Laker fan, or a fan of any team to realistically go, I’m worried about my team. I don’t think they’ll win. There’s fans like that, and maybe you’re one of them, and in this instance you’re just confident, but that’s rarer than the fan who just always thinks his team will win when they’re good.

• gaelicgirl

@Pandamonious said...

I’m just saying, there’s an inherent bias usually when you’re a fan of a certain team. I didn’t read word for word every single post on the matter. I just wouldn’t expect a Laker fan, or a fan of any team to realistically go, I’m worried about my team. I don’t think they’ll win. There’s fans like that, and maybe you’re one of them, and in this instance you’re just confident, but that’s rarer than the fan who just always thinks his team will win when they’re good.

Tmarohl was the rare exception to this rule when he said he didn’t think the Bucks would win.
    Props to him for being more objective and honest than I would be!

• jdtrey

Makes perfect sense. There’s definitely been times throughout the year that I’ve been worried about them. I just haven’t seen a path for them to lose to any of these teams they’ve played in the playoffs. The Heat will definitely present a challenge – I just don’t see it being more of a challenge than Portland, Houston or Denver were to figure out. I don’t expect a sweep because I’ve watched AD choose at least 1 game each series to mail it in, maybe that changes because it’s the Finals – moreso I just think the Heat have the talent to pull a game out. As a Lakers fan, I prefer the matchup with the Heat as I think there’s any easier path to victory. As an NBA fan I would’ve preferred to see Celtics/Lakers for the 13th time in the Finals but we get what we get. Should be a fun series either way!

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Everything you said is completely biased and disconnected from reality. You didn’t make any valid points or use any logic.

“I love the Lakers so they would’ve easily swept the Bucks/Clippers” is not even a logical thought process and it belongs on a Lakers fanboy forum, not a DFS forum.

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

Everything you said is completely biased and disconnected from reality. You didn’t make any valid points or use any logic.

“I love the Lakers so they would’ve easily swept the Bucks/Clippers” is not even a logical thought process and it belongs on a Lakers fanboy forum, not a DFS forum.

Clearly I was talking to Panda as I was hoping to get a response with some intelligence and thought behind it. Did you miss the whole part where I said intelligent debate? That would preclude you from being involved based on what you’ve shown in this thread. Continue on with your utter nonsense and childish insults all you want though if you so choose.

• yisman

@jdtrey said...

Clearly I was talking to Panda as I was hoping to get a response with some intelligence and thought behind it. Did you miss the whole part where I said intelligent debate? That would preclude you from being involved based on what you’ve shown in this thread. Continue on with your utter nonsense and childish insults all you want though if y

Hmm, you’re the one who started with the childish insults because you couldn’t come up with a logical response to my points.

Another troll. Just what the forum needed. We’ve gone through plenty of trolls over the years.

Hopefully you get tired of trolling soon so the threads can return to having a modicum of intelligent debate in them.

You wouldn’t know intelligent debate if it smacked you in the face.

You’re the most clueless NBA poster going, and that’s saying something.

Lakers make the playoffs for the first time in seven years and all of a sudden the forum is overrun by Laker fanboys. Funny how that works.

• billythekidcowboysheat

@theIrrigator said...

First of all i never made a “prediction” on who wins and how many games.

I took the position of glass will get whatever he wants, as he will continue to.

I’m a heat fan, obvisouly we are years ahead of schedule, they might as well concede and not even play bam, watch him try to tough it out and smash into dwight and really hurt himself.

I would like to think i am more objective fan, rather then just say oh were gonna “woop the lakers easy” although i do thinks it’s funny laker fan boys are loving this, they should, they have 2 of the 5 best players in the world, if they keep hitting there 3’s at the same clip and the bench continues to produce, we will be swept and every game will be unwatchable.

It’s clear the lakers are just too big, and a mismatch for us, PERIOD👍

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

Hmm, you’re the one who started with the childish insults because you couldn’t come up with a logical response to my points.

Another troll. Just what the forum needed. We’ve gone through plenty of trolls over the years.

Hopefully you get tired of trolling soon so the threads can return to having a modicum of intelligent debate in them.

You wouldn’t know intelligent debate if it smacked you in the face.

You’re the most clueless NBA poster going, and that’s saying something.

Lakers make the playoffs for the first time in seven years and all of a sudden the forum is overrun by Laker fanboys. Funny how that works.

Wait, what lol? Feel free to waste your time all you want attempting to find anywhere I hurled an insult at anyone. Don’t worry, I’ll wait. I explained everything out for you in detail with logic and even a few examples – you tend to respond back with something like “no you’re wrong!” and seem to somehow think that counts as a coherent response. it’s not mine or anyone else’s fault that you obviously can’t seem to form original thoughts and you don’t seem to actually have a clue what you’re talking about with the NBA. You have yet to refute one single point that I made or make one valid point yourself this entire thread. Keep continuing to live in whatever little world you are in – we’ll all still be here in the real world when you decide to come back buddy.

I’ve actually been around here quite a bit longer than you so not sure where you got that last little idea of yours. I’m sorry that you dislike the Lakers and that they are going to win the championship this year, I didn’t realize that was so upsetting for people like you.

• yisman

You actually haven’t made a valid point yet. I have made several and you could not respond to any, so you responded with your insults.

It’s in the thread, so I don’t know why you’re lying about it.

I post regularly here and have not seen you post in NBA threads until you started trolling when the Lakers made a run.

I don’t “dislike” the Lakers. I admired Kobe Bryant for his approach to the game. I am objective with my sports opinions. I know that’s a foreign concept to a fanboy like yourself, who has never been objective about anything on this message board. That’s where we get idiocy like “games in December don’t matter, but games in March do” and “Lakers would’ve easily swept the Clippers or Bucks”.

I am not a fan of any particular team.

I dislike trolls, like you.

Like I said, I hope you get tired of all the trolling after the Lakes win and you can go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of in September.

• jdtrey

@yisman said...

You actually haven’t made a valid point yet. I have made several and you could not respond to any, so you responded with your insults.

It’s in the thread, so I don’t know why you’re lying about it.

I post regularly here and have not seen you post in NBA threads until you started trolling when the Lakers made a run.

I don’t “dislike” the Lakers. I admired Kobe Bryant for his approach to the game. I am objective with my sports opinions. I know that’s a foreign concept to a fanboy like yourself, who has never been objective about anything on this message board. That’s where we get idiocy like “games in December don’t matter, but games in March do” and “Lakers would’ve easily swept the Clippers or Bucks”.

I am not a fan of any particular team.

I dislike trolls, like you.

Like I said, I hope you get tired of all the trolling after the Lakes win and you can go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of in September.

It’s clear that you don’t have a solid relationship with the truth – we’ve already been over this. I made plenty of points for you to attempt to refute but you haven’t been able to. I’ve refuted several of the “points” you tried to make and rather than respond you ignore those, repeat your non-logical argument or move to insults.

I haven’t insulted anyone in this thread, that was only done by you and I find it especially funny that some of them have now been edited out after you just made the BS claim that I was the one with the insults and lying about it LMAO.

I’m well aware you post regularly here, I’m also aware to pay basically zero attention to your takes since as with your “points” there’s no real substance behind them.

Keep believing that games matter more at the beginning of the year than they do when teams are actually jockeying for position and gearing up for the postseason.

And again with your clear lack of a relationship with the truth, I said the Clippers/Lakers series would’ve been an all timer that the Lakers would’ve won in 6, for the very same reason the Nuggets won in 7, because Doc doesn’t adjust!

And I absolutely did say the Lakers probably would’ve swept the Bucks that showed up to the bubble and I still stand by that. The Lakers have been phenomenal in the playoffs – the Bucks looked like dog shit. I also said that they would have beaten the Bucks out of the bubble in 5 or 6, for the same reason they would’ve beaten the Clippers, because Bud doesn’t adjust!

I’m done talking in circles with you about nothing. I honestly hope we tie for first tonight!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.